Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Essential Dating Tips For Guys - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Essential Dating Tips For Guys (19564 Views)

Where Are The Shy Guys? Don’t Die Single… 5 Dating Tips For Shy Guys / 6 Dating Tips For Shy Guys – How To Come Out Of Your Shell / For The Guys Only: 5 First Class Dating Tips On How To Get An Igbo Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Essential Dating Tips For Guys by mayze: 12:25pm On Sep 21, 2012
Lilian u r watching too much american films lately.. grin..probably think lyk a man,Good deeds...etc
Re: Essential Dating Tips For Guys by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 21, 2012
akpu nku: ok nah - this may work in the western world. Then painting a naija scene.

1. Be financially ok plus a sleek ride

2. Tell her u luv her and back it up with enough gifts and gadgets.

3. You dont need to come on time or have any gist, just have enough money to throw around her and her friends. Infact if u like, no brush sef.

4. Buy her blackberry, an Iphone and more Blackberry

5. Now this is the most important point. She is all yours 'do' her as you please, even if she caught you cheating, she'l still not think of dumping you.

P.S: sweethrt i knw you have joined nairaland, if you are reading this, i don't mean it o, you know i am a perfect gentleman.
guy d no brush part no folow nd d cheatn part but al odas,u b genious...guys if u abide by ths,no grl ft leave u run..anda thng dnt be dry o.me i go park,i no dy find mbe wey get money.
Re: Essential Dating Tips For Guys by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 21, 2012
Re: Essential Dating Tips For Guys by Psylas(m): 12:31pm On Sep 21, 2012
nyere84: Darling, hope u are reading dis??
yeah! I'm reading it
Re: Essential Dating Tips For Guys by popcake1: 12:31pm On Sep 21, 2012
U gys r so funny! Gys be positive for once... Dis can also work her in naija..is nice
Re: Essential Dating Tips For Guys by Jyde89: 12:33pm On Sep 21, 2012
Though i compliment my baby every now and then, but i dont argue when she pick's up the bill of our mill. Na she one pay na, but that does'nt mean am irresponsible, the fact that she's still wif me, mean's i am. @ op, nice one; i can relate wif some of your tip's, not all men in 9ja are coward's incapable of being a gentle man.
Re: Essential Dating Tips For Guys by beshiman(m): 12:36pm On Sep 21, 2012
Mehn! This is a real tutorial. KEEP IT UP JARE>>> wink
Re: Essential Dating Tips For Guys by profola2be(m): 12:38pm On Sep 21, 2012
nyere84: Darling, hope u are reading dis??
God forbid,wetin do me wey i go come do all the listed things for you,when i am not a danfo driver.
no doubt,if you give me vegitable chop,he fit happen sha.
i be your motor buy or agbero wey i go come dey happen motor for you,remain standing while you are sitted,remain awake unless you sleep,i no be boy boy na.
Re: Essential Dating Tips For Guys by Agimor(m): 12:41pm On Sep 21, 2012
Ok.
Re: Essential Dating Tips For Guys by stuhporh: 12:42pm On Sep 21, 2012
sanb: @solidbroda For real

Iv met rich girls who expect you to pay on a first date.

Is anything bad in that

Nothing bad about it, i have experienced that and otherwise. I "think" our culture permits the men to pay, and its call "taking charge"
Re: Essential Dating Tips For Guys by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 21, 2012
nice... wink
stuhporh:

Nothing bad about it, i have experienced that and otherwise. I "think" our culture permits the men to pay, and its call "taking charge"
Re: Essential Dating Tips For Guys by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 21, 2012
Psylas: yeah! I'm reading it
Dont just read it, but pls put into practice. *smiling* u re naughty.
Re: Essential Dating Tips For Guys by segebase(m): 12:51pm On Sep 21, 2012
These can only happen in romantic movies...not in naija.....
Re: Essential Dating Tips For Guys by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 21, 2012
profola2be:
God forbid,wetin do me wey i go come do all the listed things for you,when i am not a danfo driver.
no doubt,if you give me vegitable chop,he fit happen sha.
i be your motor buy or agbero wey i go come dey happen motor for you,remain standing while you are sitted,remain awake unless you sleep,i no be boy boy na.
And for writing dis and being strong head, I MUST COOK VEGETABLE for you to eat. Mehn.!!! U be correct naija guy.
Re: Essential Dating Tips For Guys by kraftyiyk: 12:56pm On Sep 21, 2012
How about girls dat follow's u out on date, with d greedy intention on drying ur pockets? (which is typical of many NIgerian ladies) @ op, do dey still deserver such gentlemanly approach? fr me, i treat dem as i fink dey deserve...period!
Re: Essential Dating Tips For Guys by kraftyiyk: 12:59pm On Sep 21, 2012
How about girls dat follow's u out on date, with d greedy intention on drying ur pockets? (which is typical of many NIgerian ladies) @ op, do dey still deserver such gentlemanly approach? fr me, i treat dem as i fink dey deserve... d gud 1,s, i treat gud, n fr bad 1s, i show no atoom of gentleman, period!
Re: Essential Dating Tips For Guys by slimojas89(m): 1:03pm On Sep 21, 2012
@poster totally not for a typical 9ja lady sori babe..all this na oyinbo movie stuff..9ja gals even want you to dash dem money when she's leaving for transportation #walks past
Re: Essential Dating Tips For Guys by Heymus(m): 1:04pm On Sep 21, 2012
OKAY NOW! winkOKAY NOW!
Re: Essential Dating Tips For Guys by OgeneDom(m): 1:14pm On Sep 21, 2012
The last thing a lady will do is to pay the bill after date. Ladies dont luv guys again, dey luv their money. No tym 4 ladies bro. Just tak wot u want and b ursef. If We meet again we take it again.

1 Like

Re: Essential Dating Tips For Guys by ikekings(m): 1:15pm On Sep 21, 2012
B_B013: Product of copy Ąπ∂ paste. when does women start paying bill. Whenever they go on date
I once went on a date with a girl and she payed... Some girls are different you know? Not all are after money... In fact, in many occasions most of my dates, the girl pays the bill...
Re: Essential Dating Tips For Guys by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 21, 2012
You’ll be surprised that it’s not a big deal and some women do it…. cool
B_B013: Product of copy Ąπ∂ paste. when does women start paying bill. Whenever they go on date
Re: Essential Dating Tips For Guys by Nuzo1(m): 1:23pm On Sep 21, 2012
@op

When I was still young, the easiest way to endear ladies to me was to totally ignore and treat them the opposite of what the poster put up here(apart from the paying of bills and hygeine part). Most Nigerian girls will take you for granted if you follow the poster's tips.

But I guess am more mature now and hope to treat my future wife like a princess. And I mean it.

1 Like

Re: Essential Dating Tips For Guys by toluxa1(m): 1:34pm On Sep 21, 2012
lifted: [i]
[b]Bathe

Obvious, right? The worst thing you could do when going out on a date (especially if it is your first date with her) is to turn up unshaven, looking dirty and smelling bad. Women are clean and will judge you on how hygienic you are. Plus, no offense, but you would be appalled if she turned up for the date looking like a hippie that hadn’t bathed for a while. It doesn’t cost anything to take a bath and make an effort.

This is the MOST WRONGEST statement I have heard/read in a long while. Women are clean? Can't believe anyone would dare to generalize that, when the majority of women are actually.... hmm... no need to talk sef.
Re: Essential Dating Tips For Guys by amiskurie(m): 1:34pm On Sep 21, 2012
I just hope this be the reason housewives decreases the budget for mile-12 market in nigeria. undecided
Re: Essential Dating Tips For Guys by hammedkola(m): 1:44pm On Sep 21, 2012
[size=30pt]Okay, have heard you.[/size]
Re: Essential Dating Tips For Guys by Shaw007(m): 1:51pm On Sep 21, 2012
I think d op has been watching 2 many movies lately! Americans are Boring and dont know hOw to chop life

a standard Nigerian Date no mata what is full of life and vigour(+fun),nOt just staying in a seat for hours eating and talking,abegi!!

And as for The 'prepare' point,that's just Non-sense. . .u cant start listing what 2 ask as if ur Going for an exam. . .i'm telling you if u really like d lady,time will nOt accomodate d questoins dat'l come up,Africa is much more fun than dis na,jHor O!

The write-up is okay sha. . .its there,nt dat bad
Re: Essential Dating Tips For Guys by Shaw007(m): 1:56pm On Sep 21, 2012
cashdude: Dude it seems u reali knw my intentions 4 putting up dis,im tryna hav a date wif dis new girl i jst met....will stick 2 ur principles....
hope say u get correct cash sha!!??
Re: Essential Dating Tips For Guys by ashmanpolo: 2:01pm On Sep 21, 2012
lifted: Hey Ladies, this is absolutely for the men. So we advised that you don’t read it (laugh).

Now guys, It’s time to face business and study this. Yes, I say study ‘cos one silly mistake from you might cost you your life-partner. So why not buckle your belt and Cram this into your heart.

Bathe

Obvious, right? The worst thing you could do when going out on a date (especially if it is your first date with her) is to turn up unshaven, looking dirty and smelling bad. Women are clean and will judge you on how hygienic you are. Plus, no offense, but you would be appalled if she turned up for the date looking like a hippie that hadn’t bathed for a while. It doesn’t cost anything to take a bath and make an effort.

Remember, bad breath and body odor are an instant turn off, and she will assume that this is how you are all the time. Even if you are just having a bad day or didn’t think you have time to clean up, she won’t see beyond your appearance, so you’ll never get a second chance to impress her.

Arrive on Time

One of the worst things you can do is turn up late. Turning up late will give her the wrong impressions of what you think about her. Women always assume the worst, so she’ll sit around considering the worst case scenarios when you’re late. Not only will she think that she has been stood up, but will also think that you are unreliable.

If you are picking her up from her home, then it is advisable to turn up 5 minute before you are due. But don’t come any earlier or she will be adjusting her makeup or getting dressed and won’t want you to see her half finished.

Be a Gentleman

Hold the door open for her. Let her walk through the door first. Pull out her chair. Be polite to her and the people around you. Women like to feel special, and by treating her like a lady she will think you are fantastic.

Compliment Her

The first thing to say to her is “you look beautiful” before you even ask how she is. Keep the compliments flowing throughout your date, such as “your hair looks nice, I like the color of it, and your outfit is great.” But don’t go overboard. A woman loves to be complimented because it makes her feel sexy, gorgeous and beautiful. She needs to feel you are attracted to her. So it shouldn’t sound fake.

Listen to Her and Ask Questions

Nobody wants to spend the whole night listening to someone talk about themselves or being ignored. And you do have to get to know each other. So ask her questions, but more importantly listen to what she has to say. There is nothing woman likes more than when someone is interested in what they have to say.

I remember once I was sitting in a restaurant waiting for some friends. There was a man and woman sitting at the table next to mine and I couldn’t help overhearing their conversation, though it isn’t a conversation when only one person is talking. I could tell it was their first date from what he was telling her about himself. “I play Saturday league football, I like boxing…” He went on like this for about 10 minutes without stopping or asking her questions.

She was just sitting there nodding slightly every so often and looking bored. That day left an impact on me, and every time I have been on a date since, I have been conscious of the woman, making a point to take an interest in what she had to say. This is probably the best bit of advice I could give.

Prepare

The last thing you want is to be sitting having a meal and the conversation dries up, leaving you bored with each other for the rest of the night. Think about your date and what you would like to know about her, and in return what you would like her to know about you. Try and think of any questions that she might ask you, so that you can prepare the answer.

You think that it is easy to talk, and that you will not run out of questions to ask, or that you will automatically have the answers. But until you are there and in the situation, you have no idea what it will be like. You can avoid all of this by meeting for a quick drink, then go on to see a film, so you have something obvious to talk about.

Who Will Pay?

This is a really tough question since women are increasingly independent and may want to pay their way. I suggest that you offer to pay and, if she lets you, take care of the bill.

If she wants to pay, you can argue that you want to, but make sure you pay for at least half no matter what.

The Goodnight Kiss

Some women prefer not to kiss after a date while others are disappointed if the guy doesn’t even try. There is no easy answer to this. Wait until either she makes the first move or it’s very obvious that you are both ready. Watch out for body language and little touches. And I would strongly advise against sex on the first date.

I’ll Call You

Only tell her that you will call her if you mean it and intend on seeing her again. This is an awkward situation, and most of the time the easiest solution is to take her number and tell her you will call her. But don’t do it if you are not interested. Just say good night, smile and walk away. But if you do like her and are interested, then make sure you let her know and tell her you’ll be in touch.

For more of these tips for Ladies and Gentlemen, check out http://marriageessence./

Girls ☺f these days will even hate u if u pass these tips. Most ☺f Them need money aND shyning
Re: Essential Dating Tips For Guys by Nobody: 2:04pm On Sep 21, 2012
ashmanpolo:

Girls ☺f these days will even hate u if u pass these tips. Most ☺f Them need money aND shyning
And you quoted all that, just to say this? undecided angry

1 Like

Re: Essential Dating Tips For Guys by EdwinB1(m): 2:06pm On Sep 21, 2012
Nice one dear.....i've spotted my mistake, and i wil try to correct it
Re: Essential Dating Tips For Guys by omenziate(m): 2:11pm On Sep 21, 2012
Even the oyibos we tend to copy, who do all dis nonsense have high rates of break ups, suicidal tendencies from emotional wreckage, crashed marriages and divorce , so wetin b d big deal? There is no hard and fast rule to dis tin abeg, some ladies deserve to b treated as queens and some as rags, na just d truth.

1 Like

Re: Essential Dating Tips For Guys by ashmanpolo: 2:21pm On Sep 21, 2012
sexkillz: And you quoted all that, just to say this? undecided angry

Yes †Φ show my level ☺f diss fφя̩̥̊ d topic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Coursemate Sent Me Her Wet PUSSY Pics..viewer Discretion PICS Inside / Relationship Dilemma / Sexy Slay Queen Dances And Mistakenly Shows Off Her Thing (pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.