Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,644 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:18 AM

She Turned Him Down - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Turned Him Down (4158 Views)

What Would You Do If She Turned Your "Will You Marry Me?" Proposal Down Publicly / She Turned Me Down Now She Is Feeling Bad About My New Girlfriend. / She Turned Down My Request But Gets Jealous Anytime She Sees Me With Any Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Turned Him Down by deshclones(m): 11:31pm On Sep 23, 2012
Women...there is nothing I would not see in this life...a friend and colleague arranged a secret engagement party today at lareal hotel vgc..his gf was oblivious of the plot...he invited a couple of friends (me inclusive) to the engagement bash...everything was moving on fine till around 9.30pm when he went down on his knees and proposed to his gf of 3yrs...to our shock ,the gal just lifted the guy up,hugged him and ran outta of bar...she rejected the ring..this is a gal that he has dated for 3yrs,has always loved and cherished this gal,never lifted his hands on her...infact we were all in shock,at a point pity replaced shock,there is nothing as depressin as watchin a grown man cry..I weak..this happened in the prescence of the guys close friends nd relatives..what can be worse than this my people?what will make a gal reject her man of 3yrs,in public for that matter..am just down and sad...
Re: She Turned Him Down by butterflyy(f): 12:16am On Sep 24, 2012
Some girls hate surprises. And why did he have to wait for three yrs

1 Like

Re: She Turned Him Down by Nobody: 1:58am On Sep 24, 2012
3 yrs or 300 yrs . . . d girl was only playing along ***all the while***
she has someone else . . . kapish
Re: She Turned Him Down by ArQueBusieR(m): 2:14am On Sep 24, 2012
Dude is now stronger and wiser.

2 Likes

Re: She Turned Him Down by Z8(m): 2:47am On Sep 24, 2012
butterflyy: Some girls hate surprises. And why did he have to wait for three yrs
Shld he have proposed after 1wk? Abeg that was brutal weda na 3wks or 3years

1 Like

Re: She Turned Him Down by obowunmi(m): 3:22am On Sep 24, 2012
She's probably fccukking one of his friends. Let him MOVE ON.
Re: She Turned Him Down by Nobody: 4:56am On Sep 24, 2012
@ poster, so sorry about what happened! It must have been awkward for everyone including the girl. Well, all he can do is move on,but I think the beauty of his intentions has not diminished.
Re: She Turned Him Down by saintvc(m): 4:59am On Sep 24, 2012
Dats why its nt advisable to propose publicly.

2 Likes

Re: She Turned Him Down by 190theclown: 6:33am On Sep 24, 2012
Never u mess wif Nigerian women

They sting better dan a rattle snake

If dat dude had 4 other gurls out there, this issue wudnt av hurt him

He's a dull boy, nw he has 2 suffer - wasted 3yrs nid 2 stat all ova again

Neva u lay all ur eggs in one Nigerian basket (190, 2012)
Re: She Turned Him Down by frank317: 6:41am On Sep 24, 2012
butterflyy: Some girls hate surprises. And why did he have to wait for three yrs

Perhap he shuld have broken up the relationship since three yrs had gone by.
Re: She Turned Him Down by Nobody: 7:44am On Sep 24, 2012
The way you write smirks of male chauvinism, that your friend is doing her a big favour by wanting to marry her. Your mind and that of your friend ain't right. This is 2012; grow up!

It's not rocket science, before you propose to a girl you must have discussed marriage with her severally. And arrived at the firm conclusion that both of you want this, and you want it soon. already fantasizing about how your marriage life will pan out. In summary the proposal should just be a mere formality!

This your friend is not a correct guy for not knowing how a girl feels about him. Too much Oyibo romantic films don spoil him head. He gets F9 in my books.

3 Likes

Re: She Turned Him Down by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 24, 2012
Well, shit happens. It might look so bad or cruel but dont judge that way until you know the true reason behind her actions....after all emotions has calmed down.
Re: She Turned Him Down by CrazyMan(m): 8:54am On Sep 24, 2012
Rubbish...so you expected him to marry her after a week or a month? You have very little knowledge of the synopsis of their 3 years of their courtship. Therefore avoid jumping into hasty conclusions.

deshclones: Women...there is nothing I would not see in this life...a friend and colleague arranged a secret engagement party today at lareal hotel vgc..his gf was oblivious of the plot...he invited a couple of friends (me inclusive) to the engagement bash...everything was moving on fine till around 9.30pm when he went down on his knees and proposed to his gf of 3yrs...to our shock ,the gal just lifted the guy up,hugged him and ran outta of bar...she rejected the ring..this is a gal that he has dated for 3yrs,has always loved and cherished this gal,never lifted his hands on her...infact we were all in shock,at a point pity replaced shock,there is nothing as depressin as watchin a grown man cry..I weak..this happened in the prescence of the guys close friends nd relatives..what can be worse than this my people?what will make a gal reject her man of 3yrs,in public for that matter..am just down and sad...
Its very obvious...she doesn't love him...what other explanation could be used to justify her actions?

I understand how betrayed, heartbroken and depressed he must be feeling right now, but as a man he has to put it behind him and move on.
Re: She Turned Him Down by digitalgeorgy(m): 10:00am On Sep 24, 2012
Ok na!! I hate public disgrace!! This is one of the reasons i've decided neva to propose in public.. Last tym, i said ladies are wicked, dis event crowns it all.
If dat guy turn gay, make no body blame aam oooh!!
*because shootng is illegal*
Re: She Turned Him Down by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 24, 2012
CrazyMan:
Its very obvious...she doesn't love him...what other explanation could be used to justify her actions?
you cannot say that she doesnt love him because you also dont know the synopsis of their affair.....why not wait to hear from her first before concluding, huh?....she also have a right to be heard.

@OP, you do not want to make immature conclusions...
Re: She Turned Him Down by stepo707: 1:11pm On Sep 24, 2012
That girl is a biattch angry angry
Re: She Turned Him Down by sevule(m): 1:38pm On Sep 24, 2012
stepo707: That girl is a biattch angry angry
Why? Because she turned his marriage proposal down? Does the
fact that she is his girlfriend automatically turn her to his wife?
For reasons best known to her she turned him down. So the guy should
first find out why before deciding on a course of action to take.
Re: She Turned Him Down by Okijajuju1(m): 3:16pm On Sep 24, 2012
deshclones: Women...there is nothing I would not see in this life...a friend and colleague arranged a secret engagement party today at lareal hotel vgc..his gf was oblivious of the plot...he invited a couple of friends (me inclusive) to the engagement bash...everything was moving on fine till around 9.30pm when he went down on his knees and proposed to his gf of 3yrs...to our shock ,the gal just lifted the guy up,hugged him and ran outta of bar...she rejected the ring..this is a gal that he has dated for 3yrs,has always loved and cherished this gal,never lifted his hands on her...infact we were all in shock,at a point pity replaced shock,there is nothing as depressin as watchin a grown man cry..I weak..this happened in the prescence of the guys close friends nd relatives..what can be worse than this my people?what will make a gal reject her man of 3yrs,in public for that matter..am just down and sad...

Why didnt all of you gather and beat her black and blue?! angry In the words of DMX, "What these biitches want from a Nigga?"

1 Like

Re: She Turned Him Down by slimyem: 3:41pm On Sep 24, 2012
lmao...
That's to tell you not every girl would jump at any opportunity to get a ring on her finger...cheesy
...and i'm wondering why peeps are judging already even when they don't know what the issue really is.
It could have been any of many reasons...
She might have been nervous and uncertain...
She might need more time to think before accepting he is the one...
She might not believe he actually meant it..
She might be uninterested in marriage itself..
Maybe the guy hasn't even mentioned marriage in their 3 years of dating and she hasn't been thinking in that line too..
It could be anything!
The guy in question just needs to ask her the right questions in private and the answer to her actions lies solely with her!

1 Like

Re: She Turned Him Down by Okijajuju1(m): 3:44pm On Sep 24, 2012
slimyem: lmao...
That's to tell you not every girl would jump at any opportunity to get a ring on her finger...cheesy
...and i'm wondering why peeps are judging already even when they don't know what the issue really is.
It could have been any of many reasons...
She might have been nervous and uncertain...
She might need more time to think before accepting he is the one...
She might not believe he actually meant it..
She might be uninterested in marriage itself..
SHE IS A LESBIAN
Maybe the guy hasn't even mentioned marriage in their 3 years of dating and she hasn't been thinking in that line too..
It could be anything!
The guy in question just needs to ask her the right questions in private and the answer to her actions lies solely with her!

GBAM! @ highlighted
Re: She Turned Him Down by slimyem: 3:45pm On Sep 24, 2012
Okija_juju:

GBAM! @ highlighted
na juju you take know?
Haba!!
Re: She Turned Him Down by slimyem: 3:53pm On Sep 24, 2012
deshclones: Women...there is nothing I would not see in this life...[/b]a friend and colleague arranged [b]a secret engagement party today at lareal hotel vgc ..his gf was oblivious of the plot...he invited a couple of friends (me inclusive) to the engagement bash...everything was moving on fine till around 9.30pm when he went down on his knees and proposed to his gf of 3yrs... to our shock ,the gal just lifted the guy up,hugged him and ran outta of bar...she rejected the ring..this is a gal that he has dated for 3yrs,has always loved and cherished this gal,never lifted his hands on her... infact we were all in shock, at a point pity replaced shock,there is nothing as depressin as watchin a grown man cry..I weak..this happened in the prescence of the guys close friends nd relatives..what can be worse than this my people?what will make a gal reject her man of 3yrs,in public for that matter..am just down and sad...
you make it sound like he's doing her a favour by proposing to her and she was supposed to show instant appreciation by screaming YES even if she didn't mean it..
She's even supposed to go for thanksgiving in church because he proposed...right?
...but alas,she dissapointed you lot and that makes her ungrateful despite how much your friend has always loved,cherished and never lifted his hand against her when in essence he should have treated her like crap.
Her crime is her NO!
Isn't it??
Interestino!!!!
Re: She Turned Him Down by ikekings(m): 4:11pm On Sep 24, 2012
This is sooo funny... Immediately, i finished reading this story, i just imagined the same thing happening to me... And sincerely, i will cry like a baby.. Mehn!!! Public disgrace is the worst that should happen to a man... @op tell ur friend to take heart sh.it happens...
Re: She Turned Him Down by Okijajuju1(m): 4:13pm On Sep 24, 2012
ikekings: This is sooo funny... Immediately, i finished reading this story, i just imagined myself doing the same thing... And sincerely, i will cry like a baby.. Mehn!!! Public disgrace is the worst that should happen to a man... @op tell ur friend to take heart sh.it happens...

I will beat her black & Blue... Thats my defence mechanism..
Re: She Turned Him Down by ikekings(m): 4:24pm On Sep 24, 2012
Okija_juju:

Lol... Beat wetin? There is no pride in beating a lady... The best thing is to let her go...

2 Likes

Re: She Turned Him Down by Okijajuju1(m): 4:26pm On Sep 24, 2012
ikekings: Lol... Beat wetin? There is no pride in beating a lady... The best thing is to let her go...

My guy, no be pride matter.. Even in court, its called temporary insanity..
Re: She Turned Him Down by ikekings(m): 4:49pm On Sep 24, 2012
Okija_juju:

My guy, no be pride matter.. Even in court, its called temporary insanity..
Lol.. Ride on with your beating...
Re: She Turned Him Down by Okijajuju1(m): 4:52pm On Sep 24, 2012
ikekings: Lol.. Ride on with your beating...

Dont get me wrong o!! I dont support nor advocate the beating of women.. BUT! in this scenario, the law permits you to dash her two hot slaps!! grin
Re: She Turned Him Down by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 24, 2012
Okija_juju:

beat her up and spoil the perception they have about you already? They will even support the girl

1 Like

Re: She Turned Him Down by ikekings(m): 5:20pm On Sep 24, 2012
Okija_juju:

Dont get me wrong o!! I dont support nor advocate the beating of women.. BUT! in this scenario, the law permits you to dash her two hot slaps!! grin
Lol... All na beating...
Re: She Turned Him Down by tellwsdom: 5:24pm On Sep 24, 2012
Now if that guy commit suicide nw...Una go come expect me to dey have mercy on him....Mbanuuuu angry angry..I can't. sad sad
Re: She Turned Him Down by omega25red(m): 5:55pm On Sep 24, 2012
Reeeeeeeeejected grin

that sh1t sounds terrible. My question is, have they talked about being married? did they go ring shopping together? had he noticed strange behaviors in her before he decided to propose? (some guys know when things are not going well so they make a crazy move like propose)

[size=5pt]He needs to get his girlfriends together so they can find her and whoop her ass for embarassing him in public like that[/size].

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Is Having The Best Sex? / For Men : Six Ways To Get A Harder Erection. And To Maintain Hard On. / What's The Funniest Name You've Ever Used To Store Someones Contact

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.