Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,295 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me (27014 Views)

Trekking From Accra To Lagos for IDPs / So There Are Nigerians That Fly From Lagos To London Then To Abuja Than Direct? / I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 25, 2012
Are u in anyway related to the Isrealites in the bible?God go punish our govt ooo,see how joblessness has turn a man to lunatic..I feel ur pain,but there are other ways to commit suicide.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Opoki(m): 8:16pm On Sep 25, 2012
@OP: Seriously i believe you can do this:
Let your imagination be your driven force, imagine yourself being a model of red bull and other brand on DSTv, wall papers, newpapers, flyers et al. You could even become an ambassador, if possible organise or call pple who are willing to join, tag a name on it such as "A walk against corruption" create awareness. Everyone can't be CR7 or messi but in everyone lies uniqueness...
I just sent a request, i would like to discuss with you about this cos i see you succeeding... I would av drop my mobile #.
I wouldn't mind joining you in this quest.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by lordspiritual(m): 8:19pm On Sep 25, 2012
[size=20pt] $20,000 = #3,200,000 (3.2m)[/size]
i go trek go ghana for that kind baaa....
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 8:19pm On Sep 25, 2012
;DForrest Gump
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Johnchike(m): 8:20pm On Sep 25, 2012
bakila:
That is the road to Igbo land. Going to Benin from Osun is taken ten percent off his Journey course.
Get an Insurance company to sponsor you too.
bakila:
That is the road to Igbo land. Going to Benin from Osun is taken ten percent off his Journey.
Get an Insurance company to sponsor you too.
are you sure you've seen a map before?
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Shalome(m): 8:24pm On Sep 25, 2012
When cramps hit u Menh U will know that sapele is not Warri
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Shalome(m): 8:25pm On Sep 25, 2012
When cramps hit u Menh U will know that sapele is not Warri. Go for a month training in kenya first
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 25, 2012
You are a rear gem, the type Africa hardly produce.

This is my advice!

If you feel like it, the go for it.

Hints:
1. see a doctor for fitness test.
2. Do an estimate of total kilometers to be covered.
3, estimate how long it might take. 2 months, 3 months, etc
4. You will treck day and rest night. Do your cost for food and accodation.
5. Get your sponsors to alert the media.
6. Let them involve all state goverment tourism ministries of the states you will pass through.
7. Security might be necessary in some places. It can be police or local
8. Get one of the networks eg MTN to show how well they cover Nigeria by providing free internet access.
9. You blog mornings, afternoons and evenings
10. You will pay courtesy calls on village heads and secondary schools. You can even have a 10 mins talk to them on "achieving your dreams"
11. Start training your body to adjust.

These are the few things i can think of for now.

Send me a mail: i will like to be part of your great story. I am already excited.

noble_concepts@yahoo.com

3 Likes

Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by bakila: 8:26pm On Sep 25, 2012
lord.spiritual:
[size=20pt] $20,000 = #3,200,000 (3.2m)[/size]
i go trek go ghana for that kind baaa....
Maiduguri to Lagos is Lagos to Ghana times four.
Maiduguri is about 1650 to Lagos the money there amounts to N2000 for a Kilometre. The publicity and the add ons are the real catch.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Ramcie(f): 8:27pm On Sep 25, 2012
On a serious note those of you encouraging this guy should know that if (God forbid) he dies in the process of embarking on this journey, you all contributed to the untimely death of a Nigerian citizen . It's a good idea but trust me Nigeria isn't a place to have such dreams. He doesn't even have to get to the part of robbers robbing him on the high way the numerous rabies infected BINGOS are enough to send him back home.
Guy, sitdon for ya house jeje.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by justwise(m): 8:29pm On Sep 25, 2012
@Op,

Take some time out to do some training by doing some regular short/long distant walk for about a month then see a doctor for a health check before taking the main task, you can do it if you are fit.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by lordspiritual(m): 8:31pm On Sep 25, 2012
bakila:
Maiduguri to Lagos is Lagos to Ghana times four.
Maiduguri is about 1650 to Lagos the money there amounts to N2000 for a Kilometre. The publicity and the add ons are the real catch.
which is why i will trek to ghana....na me wan commit suicide dey go maiduguri?
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by 2cute(m): 8:32pm On Sep 25, 2012
Beloved, if you go 2kph, i guess you could be in Kaduna under 2months. Good luck to you o.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 25, 2012
V_Official®:
Hey, i think you're about breaking some records but i have some advice for you.
1. Choose another city (your safety should be the first)
2. Get enough physical training (don't think you've gotten everything it takes)
3. Publicize it, let the whole world knows (you won't just be rich but 'll be inclusively popular, coz' that's a great concept many haven't thought of "Guinness Book of Records shouldn't be that hard to contact" )
4. Try seeking for more sponsors so as to draw more attention.
5. Research about people who have done stuffs related to that and work on their progress.
NB: When you have a lot of attention, you won't only be popular but you can strike a deal with Redbull (as a model), or other related companies.
Even this big Telecommunication companies can contact you.
You're on the verge of being the best, don't be discouraged. Nothing comes easy.....

MOST COMMENTS HERE HAVE SHOWN THE WAY AN AVERAGE NIGERIAN THINKS, WE WANT TO MAKE IT BUT DON'T WANT TO SUFFER, WHAT PLEASURE COMES WITHOUT PAIN?
WHY WON'T WE BE ONE OF THE WORST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD WHEN A HANDFUL OF THE WHOLE POPULATION THINKS LIKE THIS.....

HEY GUYS, GO BACK AND WATCH GUINNESS BOOK OF RECORDS, NONE OF THOSE RECORDS CAME EASY.... ARE THEY ALL POOR
THIS COUNTRY CAN NEVER BE GOOD IF WE CONTINUE THINKING LIKE THIS, DO YOU THINK THOSE GREAT COUNTRIES GOT POWERS THROUGH LOTTO!!!!!

HEY GUYS!!! IT'S NOT THAT HE MUST FINISH THE JOURNEY IN A DAY!!! HE CAN REST ON THE WAY!!!
WHY IS EVERYONE THINKING LIKE THIS

THANKS MAN,I COULDN'T JUST UNDERSTAND MANY POST HERE AS IT'S POO NEGATIVE CONTRIBUTIONS. PLEASE IS LAGOS-MAIDUGURI FAR THAN NIGERIA---GHANA OR BF? WHILE PPLE TREKING THIS,WHY NOT LAGOS--MADUIGURI. INSTEAD OF YOU GUYZ TO ADVISE HIM POSITEVELY MANY ARE DISCOURAGING HIM,PLEASE TELL ME WHAT CONCERNS PENURY IN THIS? WHAT I CAN ONLY SAY IS THAT HE SHOULD CHANGE MADUIGURI TO ANOTHER CITY WITH SAFETY ASSURANCE.

@OP,ONCE AGAIN,PLEASE IF YOU DONT MIND I CAN ACCOMPANY WITH YOU,..
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by frank4ryl(m): 8:34pm On Sep 25, 2012
andre99: See what our Govt has caused, people are going mad every day, may the Lord heal @alienware. AMEN!

What has our Govt. done this tym around? Did Govt. ask ogogoro drinking people to be mad? Let him join Lake Chad for the trek.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by bakila: 8:34pm On Sep 25, 2012
Johnchike:
are you sure you've seen a map before?
look at the map its very well. That will be going back to an area on the same stretch with Lagos.
His best bet. Lagos, Oyo Osun NassarawanToto to Keffi, Panda, Jos, Bauch, Yobe and Maiduguri.
Took that route ten times in Ninties.
Alternatively Osun, Kogi; abuja; Kaduna, Kano, Bauchi through Azara, Potiskum, Damaturu and Maiduguri.
Its not a funny distance with Security challanges of today.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Kay1kay1(m): 8:35pm On Sep 25, 2012
@ OP
If you're doing this for a good cause, it 's super... But as soon as you get enough media attention, be ready to be kidn.ap.ped. In essence, $20K is small. Get ran.som money also from your sponsors for the Lag-Maid route...Except if you change route then safety could be guaranteed. Wish you the best...

1 Like

Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Mayydee(f): 8:36pm On Sep 25, 2012
agwabirihenry: am interested to go with you just call 08169703803 lets talk about it and make preparations. dont be discouraged by others
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Mayydee(f): 8:37pm On Sep 25, 2012
agwabirihenry: am interested to go with you just call 08169703803 lets talk about it and make preparations. dont be discouraged by others

@op, seems like its going 2 be fun and challenging...i'm also interested and u can give me a call on 08123171541. Dont be discouraged. No risk, no gain.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Dteflondon1(m): 8:37pm On Sep 25, 2012
@ op nice dream,don't listen to all those discouraging you.you can achieve this if you r determined.I got your bak smiley
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by greaterlove(m): 8:38pm On Sep 25, 2012
guy do not let anyone discourage you, prepare well, know the route you will take, how far you can go everyday before you reach a point to lodge. plan well and go for it or someone else will do it, already there are people plotting how they can take your place and get the $20,000.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by joinnow: 8:38pm On Sep 25, 2012
Yes as your name suggest Alien ware
You can do it But be aware of the below findings
1.Distance from Lagos to Maidugri is approximately 1565 KM
2. Healthy train Man ( german Trekker) will trek 32km a day.
Doing the small maths 1565 divided by 32 = 49 days

Wear very light slippers/ canvass also remember you will definitely have blisters after the first day.
backpack,touch light, lighter,tenth,etc

According to NIKE
U CAN DO IT cry cry cry
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by efemty: 8:38pm On Sep 25, 2012
na over wise dey worry am..oyinbo way do motor no get sense abi..trek na who send you message..ode oshi
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Originakalokalo(m): 8:40pm On Sep 25, 2012
If you cover 20km per day,u will cover that distance in 70days.and that is two months and two weeks.how do u intend to walk at night along the route where there is no village?you would sleep on trees? What of anaconda? Pythons? Army robbers?hehehehe.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Streetrep: 8:41pm On Sep 25, 2012
Oboy yabaleft were i dey work,na ur face dem put 4 wanted.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by VOfficialR(m): 8:41pm On Sep 25, 2012
Kay1kay1: @ OP
If you're doing this for a good cause, it 's super... But as soon as you get enough media attention, be ready to be kidn.ap.ped. In essence, $20K is small. Get ran.som money also from your sponsors for the Lag-Maid route...Except if you change route then safety could be guaranteed. Wish you the best...
THAT'S ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS HE SHOULD GET INSURED
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by evatee(m): 8:44pm On Sep 25, 2012
Oniranu!!!! Why don't u start by counting the number of bridges in lasgidi.....if u want to commit suicide, u cld av done tha ryt inside your room without u coming on here to talk trash.......I don't blame u!!! NL is not meant for pple lyk u.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by rodeo0070(m): 8:44pm On Sep 25, 2012
Originakalokalo: This is the funniest post i have ever read in my entire life.i have been laughing since at some comments here.that said,someone said the journey shuld not be more than a month,and i think that is a joke of the century.the journey would take not less than three month to complete.goodluck to you!!!
He can't in 3 months, u wan kill am!. Minimum should be like 5 months and above, considering unforseen anomalies.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Travelling To Luxembourg For Msc / Wada Launches Lokoja Mega Terminal (Photos) / Dangote Trailer Set On Fire In Delta After Killing Three People. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.