Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,160 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? (20691 Views)

Meet The Women On 20 Naira Note. / The Most Embarrassing Thing That Ever Happened To You? / Echidime(the Women Prey/scammer) Is Back In Nl As Occultist!All Beware (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by ciphoenix: 1:37am On Sep 25, 2012
berem: hmm! Nice one my dear. You have said it all.back in those days NL had so many matured minds.though I was just a newbie then (with another moniker in 2008).I re registered and had my present moniker a year ago.unfortunately, I started commenting when things changed.am sure what you observed are the main reasons people don't like commenting.they rather view than waste their bandwidth commenting.
same reason i became passive. Insults have become a norm
Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by edelweiss(f): 1:50am On Sep 25, 2012
shymexx: When I said 99% of the female posters on NL are not intellectuals/intelligent, a couple of people thought I was being cocky... undecided undecided

Most of the female posters on NL say things, I already know - we need some intelligent women on this forum... I visit a lot of forums and I see women hold their own in different subject matter - from politics, culture, foreign policy, military hardware, to sports. However, I'm yet to see that on NL, except last week when I saw Desola's back and forth with Gbawe. It's just shameful that most of the women on here only talk about celebrities, family, and romance - who cares about that??

I need some women up in here to stimulate me intellectually!!!

PS: Not kobojunkie's type of intelligence(pseudo-intellectual) - that thing just argues blindly with the same insane rhetorical crap... We need some female critical thinkers!!
ciphoenix: same reason i became passive. Insults have become a norm
what is the essense of wasting time and energy to contribute when aanything we say isn't taken seriously? We can be constructive critics if only our words wld be taken seriously. Most of d comments I see here are very juvenile! I just read and smh. God blessed us with foresight,but I believe if people pay for advise then,the advise or words wld be taken seriously. Its a matter of choice,we wld never get banned for keeping silent,and I for one (a female)wld rather keep quiet than end up being abused.

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by Tolaaaaannni(f): 1:53am On Sep 25, 2012
edelweiss: what is the essense of wasting time and energy to contribute when aanything we say isn't taken seriously? We can be constructive critics if only our words wld be taken seriously. Most of d comments I see here are very juvenile! I just read and smh. God blessed us with foresight,but I believe if people pay for advise then,the advise or words wld be taken seriously. Its a matter of choice,we wld never get banned for keeping silent,and I for one (a female)wld rather keep quiet than end up being abused.

One of the few logical comments on this thread thus far. undecided

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by Youngsage: 1:56am On Sep 25, 2012
virgo:

grin I think those are men being funny jor. A woman is always proud of her gender. wink
always? wat abt tomboys. like weird mc lol. o.k
dont generalise,
speak for urself.
Some women are willing to change their gender, nd vice versa too
Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by Tenderly1(f): 2:05am On Sep 25, 2012
Youngsage:
always? wat abt tomboys. like weird mc lol. o.k
dont generalise,
speak for urself.
Some women are willing to change their gender, nd vice versa too
please tell me how many tomboys do you see in your area?
Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by thetelz(m): 2:08am On Sep 25, 2012
@topic they're all setting their Mary K's and all that cheesy
Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by nipeks001(m): 2:18am On Sep 25, 2012
edelweiss: what is the essense of wasting time and energy to contribute when aanything we say isn't taken seriously? We can be constructive critics if only our words wld be taken seriously. Most of d comments I see here are very juvenile! I just read and smh. God blessed us with foresight,but I believe if people pay for advise then,the advise or words wld be taken seriously. Its a matter of choice,we wld never get banned for keeping silent,and I for one (a female)wld rather keep quiet than end up being abused.
well maybe you are right but don't use 'WE'.Most females on NL never even attempted to contribute and i can tell u that i know almost all female monikers that comment frequently on topics that make the front page.On the issue of pple that make stupid comment,the main reason for that is the like button.Creating the like button was a big mistake,pple are now more interested in their comments getting many likes by abusing pple,spotting useless mistakes and complaining about how things affect the prize of garri(na these pple i hate pass),all which are mostly irrelevant and causes unecessary fight derailing of threads.
Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by ciphoenix: 2:26am On Sep 25, 2012
i agree, totally. When assertions are made, opposing comments mostly begin with insults. Whatever happened to civilized debates?
Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by thetelz(m): 2:30am On Sep 25, 2012
Need girls like goldieluks,emofine,190 etc back on here sad they were really holding it down
Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by Ranoscky(m): 2:37am On Sep 25, 2012
*Patiently followin the thread from sideline with a bottle of Carlsberg*
Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by Nobody: 2:38am On Sep 25, 2012
the_telz: Need girls like goldieluks,emofine,190 etc back on here sad they were really holding it down
so 190 is now a girl grin
Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by NewsFlash101: 2:39am On Sep 25, 2012
a
Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by Gudiza(m): 2:40am On Sep 25, 2012
They`re Occupied...duh!
Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by thetelz(m): 2:45am On Sep 25, 2012
hornipipe: so 190 is now a girl grin

Lmaoo nahh bro,was kinda confused...wanted to type iduwuogbo
Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by dontador(m): 2:55am On Sep 25, 2012
the_telz:

Lmaoo nahh bro,was kinda confused...wanted to type iduwuogbo
And you think that she's intelligent?

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by Nobody: 2:57am On Sep 25, 2012
undecided undecided
Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by thetelz(m): 2:59am On Sep 25, 2012
dontador: And you think that she's intelligent?

Lol judging from the last time I was active here, she was smiley
Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by dontador(m): 3:02am On Sep 25, 2012
the_telz:

Lol judging from the last time I was active here, she was smiley
Your opinion.
Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by Onyiip(f): 3:26am On Sep 25, 2012
virgo:

No hard feelings dear. Maybe I just enjoy talking to people. Are you anti-social? undecided

Or are you one of those that make these men think we don't exist on Nairaland?

Loosen up dearie. For all you know, I have got more to do than your pretty self. kiss
no. I respond to threads when i feel necessary
Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by Idowuogbo(f): 3:27am On Sep 25, 2012
dontador: And you think that she's intelligent?
Watch it young boy! Watch it.
Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by Idowuogbo(f): 3:29am On Sep 25, 2012
the_telz:

Lmaoo nahh bro,was kinda confused...wanted to type Idowuogbo
Modified#
Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by samsoft(m): 3:47am On Sep 25, 2012
uhmmm....
Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by Nobody: 4:21am On Sep 25, 2012
How does a woman who posts in Politics anymore intelligent than another who posts in romance?

Any intelligent person knows that intelligence is not often measured in subject. We're different people with different level of strength in different subjects. Versatility is not a measurement of intelligence, but a measurement of open-mindedness.

It's like a mathematician calling a engineering psychologist unintelligent after he (mathematician) scored higher on a math test they both took.

It's a shame that our women on this board let themselves be judged by "unintelligent" male posters, internally comparing themselves to the irrelevant junks already posted. If you enjoy romance stick with it, there's no need to start posting in programming just because. . . .

Most of the male posters who have already contributed their opinion on this thread CANNOT decipher 1% of the information in programming. Should we then call them dull?

Lol @ the male jokers from Politics claiming intelligent, esp when they contribute to 99% of the junk in that politic section.

6 Likes

Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by cfours: 4:25am On Sep 25, 2012
Yea, there maybe more men on nairaland but there are plenty of women as well.
Something that I do notice is that a lot of people have set expectations on what they think a woman's post should look like vs a man's post.

I am a woman but quite a few posters think i'm male. so do I count? And I know for a fact that I won't be taken as seriously as a male is in some sections. This is something I notice on this website. There is a lot of gender prejudice. I even wonder how people like Kobojunkie can keep posting despite many abuses rained upon her specifically because she's female.

I guess my answer is that women on nairaland are not taken very seriously. And why should I post on a topic if I know that people there won't take me seriously?
For me, the solution was to remove the (f) in front of my name.

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by Nobody: 4:27am On Sep 25, 2012
Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by Nobody: 4:30am On Sep 25, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
How does a woman who posts in Politics anymore intelligent than another who posts in romance?

Any intelligent person knows that intelligence is not often measured in subject. We're different people with different level of strength in different subjects. Versatility is not a measurement of intelligence, but a measurement of open-mindedness.

It's like a mathematician calling a engineering psychologist unintelligent after he (mathematician) scored higher on a math test they both took.

It's a shame that our women on this board let themselves be judged by "unintelligent" male posters, internally comparing themselves to the irrelevant junks already posted. If you enjoy romance stick with it, there's no need to start posting in programming just because. . . .

Most of the male posters who have already contributed their opinion on this thread CANNOT decipher 1% of the information in programming. Should we then call them dull?

Lol @ the male jokers from Politics claiming intelligent, esp when they contribute to 99% of the junk in that politic section.
EHN......RESPECT!!

END OF DISCUSSION Y'ALL.....ILEKE-IDI CLOSED THE DARN THREAD, LOL!!

GOOD POINT!
Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by Idowuogbo(f): 4:35am On Sep 25, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Kai! Dis Ekitian on fire mehn....
Correct!!! Catch dis>>>> kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by Nobody: 4:35am On Sep 25, 2012
Shollypopz:
EHN......RESPECT!!

END OF DISCUSSION Y'ALL.....ILEKE-IDI CLOSED THE DARN THREAD, LOL!!

GOOD POINT!

My dear, NL dey even vex pesin.

So many nonentities feeling funky on this thread. Go to politics, most of the posters can't even buckle their shoes. lipsrsealed

Unless we now measure intelligence based on verbal abuse and pictorial illustrations.
Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by ijebabe: 4:51am On Sep 25, 2012
And exactly what is wrong in being interested in the Fashion or Entertainment sections
Arguing with the select close-minded people and block heads in the Culture and Politics section now means you're not intelligent
I come here to have fun and learn more about Nigerians as I hardly mix with them here and owe no one any explanations.
@ Op we dey o!!!
Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by jaybee3(m): 5:00am On Sep 25, 2012
Funny how intelligence on Nairaland is now being measured by what gender one is.
Not everyone has the time to sit around and argue about the same old recycled political crap that isn't changing anytime soon.

Now get this, the so called intelligent dudes discourse about political topics day in day out without affecting any real change, whereas the advices that some women give especially in the family section actually goes a long way in effecting change in the things that actually matter in life.

Y'all should just cut the ego tripping crap.

3 Likes

Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by onlineadejoh(m): 5:02am On Sep 25, 2012

Sure, maybe we need NL Uni where Seun & Co will have to brush up some ppl on what to & what not to say b4 commenting. I've watched frm behind in de last 2hrs & on dis thread alone, I've seen more of insults & 'autocratic views' than logical constructions. Well, I think it's transferred aggression.
Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by Ewabeads(f): 5:06am On Sep 25, 2012
We re on break..but coming back with full force,so watchout for us.. ;DWe re on break..but coming back with full force,so watchout for us..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

The 10 Most Dangerous Sea Creatures / Yahoo Yahoo Boys On Fortune Magazine / Nairaland Forum Participation Guidelines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.