Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Domestic Violence And Relationships - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Domestic Violence And Relationships (11423 Views)

How To Manage Domestic Violence In A Relationship / Prophecy And Relationships / Inferiority Complex in Dating and Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by MrsChima(f): 9:32pm On Sep 25, 2012
tellwsdom:
Mshew chima, is the only OROBO in america who advises OROBO single ladies of her type, when in trouble embarassed embarassed

Just like I advised your orobo mammy to keave your papi.
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by MrsChima(f): 9:36pm On Sep 25, 2012
MarcAnthon: Chima, you still alive?

As for your friend, if you live close by, quietly call 911 next time you hear an altercation. Women that continue to remain in abusive relationships need to be saved from themselves. She might be killed one day, and you will have guilt in your heart.

I did contacted the popo...they said ubtil she file a complaint or i produce evidence that he hit her...they aint gon do shit.
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by MrsChima(f): 9:39pm On Sep 25, 2012
CrazyMan:
I see...so his abrasive nature is inbuilt. He isn't being controlled by any drugs or drinks.

I guess the woman is at fault then. She can't claim not to have noticed his true nature until now...I guess she was a victim of the phrase " love is blind "

I still feel for her though...but its obvious that either the man doesn't love her any more or he's gradually going insane.

Yea I remembered you stating earlier that your husband is against your hospitality towards that lady. Like I stated before, I won't blame him...the matter really isn't any of your business.

Moreover, if you know that getting so involved in this case might cost you your marriage, I would suggest that you harken unto the voice of thine husband and stay the hell out.

Well..i am blessed not to have an abusive partner.
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by MarcAnthon(m): 10:53pm On Sep 25, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

You didnt die from a STD yet You are a strong brother.

shocked shocked shocked You had it? Why didn't you say so? bad, bad woman. Guess I'm really strong then grin grin grin grin
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by MrsChima(f): 10:55pm On Sep 25, 2012
MarcAnthon:

shocked shocked shocked You had it? Why didn't you say so? bad, bad woman. Guess I'm really strong then grin grin grin grin

The kind i got is a seasoning but the kind you got require shots.
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by tellwsdom: 11:00pm On Sep 25, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Just like I advised your orobo mammy to keave your papi.
Mshewwww chima, do u knw u should be at the gym now and not on the computer Tryin to send some mesg with ur big yansh??...Do u realise dat??angryangry

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by MrsChima(f): 11:47pm On Sep 25, 2012
tellwsdom:
Mshewwww chima, do u knw u should be at the gym now and not on the computer Tryin to send some mesg with ur big yansh??...Do u realise dat??angryangry

Go inflate your dick and get laid. My balls arent available.
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by CrazyMan(m): 8:40am On Sep 26, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
Well..i am blessed not to have an abusive partner.
That's a plus for you then...I'm happy for you.
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by cowgurl: 12:29pm On Sep 26, 2012
Physical abuse is going too far, I can't stand verbal abuse in a relationship.

So the only advice I can give to victims of any kind of violence is...
"Take a walk"
and if the so-called man comes begging, DON'T, not even for the sake of the kids cos the next time that shiit goes down, you might not wake.

My ma in one of her numerous talks told me,
if a boy as much as raise his filthy hands on me, I should bounce!
am glad I never encounter any.
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by tellwsdom: 4:57pm On Sep 26, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Go inflate your dick and get laid. My balls arent available.

Maybe this time, i have to hit yur big yansh with a large wood, to have it, reduced angry angry...AMEBO WOMAN undecided undecided
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by Ramcie(f): 5:04pm On Sep 26, 2012
@OP it's nice you are concerned about your friend but one thing we should know is that 99% of abuses among married couples have been happening right from the dating period. I knw of several women who had abusive boyfriends but still went ahead to marry the same men who beat them black and blue. Do you now expect me to feel pity for such women The truth is, a man has no reason whatsoever to beat up his wife or girlfriend. Am a woman also but I would say the truth we women have a lot to do to stop this menace. when we love, we over love and we also over pity just because the guy would come back begging and probably in tears they would take him back. Women should learn to let go of abusive men. I know of many ladies who can't bear to see a man cry. Can you imagine

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by frederal(m): 5:05pm On Sep 26, 2012
An abusive girl turns rship, abusive.
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 26, 2012
Long One:

Nothing do you.

Haba, I contributed, before I got errm *coughs* distracted.

grin
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by Afam4eva(m): 5:34pm On Sep 26, 2012
We should stop this believe that women are always the victims in domestic violence. It's not just about physical violence but also about emotional traumaa that some women put men through which inspires some men to go on the offensive. It's a to way street.
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by kemifemi: 5:35pm On Sep 26, 2012
Mynd_44: I dont get why some women will stay with an abusive woman. Its something I am desperately trying to understand

Its very painful that people in abusive relationships would rather die than leave the abusive partner!
My friend is a victim of this and she has become an emotional wreck. The guys throws things at her, verbally abuses her and even told her to her face that he wished her dead so he could marry another woman. On several occasions, he threatened to stab her and he even beat her to stupor when she was pregnant for her second child.
Infact, she has suffered all manners of abuses.
My husband and I advised her to leave the guy for a while but she refused.
I told her I would no longer meddle in her affairs. I just washed my hands commot her matter.
It seems to me that some of them actually enjoy the beating cos I can't fathom why someone you claim to love will beat u blue black and you'll choose to remain in the relationship! It beats my imagination
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by MrsChima(f): 5:43pm On Sep 26, 2012
afam4eva: We should stop this believe that women are always the victims in domestic violence. It's not just about physical violence but also about emotional traumaa that some women put men through which inspires some men to go on the offensive. It's a to way street.

You need to stoo getting defensive because no one said women are the only victim..and if you took the time to read the thread you would see that i said there sre men who are abused by their partner and it is more common than we think.

Damn....read!

Secondly..people need to accept accountability for their actions and not blame it on the next person like afameva did.
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by sessydoo(m): 5:54pm On Sep 26, 2012
This topic is very sensitive yet all-important especially when it relates to your faith. Our religious leaders have consistently encouraged partners to stay together irrespective of their differences, quarrels n what have you. Honestly i understand their fears, God is against divorce, what will become of your children (if any), how will society see you? can i ever re-marry? etc. As understanding as this advice is, It would not be applicable in a case of abusive partners. This is because its a matter of time b4 one of them dies (it could be by mistake or intentional), Arowolos case (that Banker) readilly comes to mind. I know of another case where an abusive husband killed his wife and on her funneral day, he strolled into the church with another woman...how will you feel if the deceased is your relative? Dead has no right and can suffer no wrong! Dont allow anyone to truncate your destiny, if you are being abused and you keep quiet you are not doing yourself any good oo, please speak up. You can seek a temporal separation from the relationship if you dont want a divorce. No one is good enuf to die for. Please wise up!
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by Afam4eva(m): 6:30pm On Sep 26, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Secondly..people need to accept accountability for their actions and not blame it on the next person like afameva did.

Of course people should take responsibilities for their actions but that does not mean some actions are not off-shoots of others. Human beings are emotional in nature. They're not metal.
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by pecopeco: 6:48pm On Sep 26, 2012
very bad
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by MrsChima(f): 7:04pm On Sep 26, 2012
afam4eva:
Of course people should take responsibilities for their actions but that does not mean some actions are not off-shoots of others. Human beings are emotional in nature. They're not metal.

They are humans indeed with a brain that should work properly. If you do the crime...you need to do the time and not blame others for your lack of self control. Simple.
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by Afam4eva(m): 7:11pm On Sep 26, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

They are humans indeed with a brain that should work properly. If you do the crime...you need to do the time and not blame others for your lack of self control. Simple.
I agree with you. But it should be a two-way street. Don't you think so?
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by MrsChima(f): 7:16pm On Sep 26, 2012
afam4eva:
I agree with you. But it should be a two-way street. Don't you think so?

No it shouldn't. If my husband hit me because I burnt the jollof rice then why is that my fault that he can't simply state his dissatisfaction and show me how not to burn the jollof rice That is HOW MATURE ADULTS OPERATE.

Not everyone is provoked to hit someone contrary to popular beliefs....only time a person should resort to physical violence is when self defense is necessary!

There is no self defense hitting a chick simply because she is unable to fight back!
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by KUDIAVO(f): 7:42pm On Sep 26, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

No it shouldn't. If my husband hit me because I burnt the jollof rice then why is that my fault that he can't simply state his dissatisfaction and show me how not to burn the jollof rice That is HOW MATURE ADULTS OPERATE.

Not everyone is provoked to hit someone contrary to popular beliefs....only time a person should resort to physical violence is when self defense is necessary!

There is no self defense hitting a chick simply because she is unable to fight back!
Mrs.Chima:
Have you ever been in a domestic violence relationship and if so, how did you remove yourself from it? Have you ever helped someone remove themselves from an abusive relationship? What are your thoughts on domestic violence in marriage or dating?

I have recently encouraged a friend of mine to leave her abusive partner because she would always cover herself with make up and hoodies. I told my husband about this situation and he suggested that I remove myself from the equation and we got into an argument because I felt like he was supporting the abuser.

My husband said that he does not want his wife involve in something that has nothing to do with me and he will hurt a mofo if harm come my way. In some way, I am touched but still mad at him because I feel like if it was his sisters or mother...he would be like Boko Haram with atomic bombs. Why is it when it is someone that is not family...men will turn their heads?

My friend won't press charges and I am afraid for her children. She has two girls and one boy. She shared with me that her son is imitating the abuser by threatening to kill her and she need to sleep with one eye open. That bothers me because I know if she doesn't get out...she will be in a body bag.

I have successfully helped women get out of abusive relationship because their families were involved but she has not family that live in our region. She moved from her hometown to be with her partner and I was introduced to her by a survivor. This is exactly what she looks like and it is no lie.

How can a woman or man get out of an abusive relationship and do you think it is easy to do so even with a sure way out?
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by KUDIAVO(f): 7:44pm On Sep 26, 2012
I TNK D WOMAN SHLD JST TRY N AVOID HIM N NOT DIVORCE grin grin grin
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by lalabrown: 7:45pm On Sep 26, 2012
Yes.... With my EX!!
There is nothing quite so bad as when the person who claims he love you starts to hurt you....then tells you he loves you again...then hurts you..it destroys your soul, your heart, your mind..you become a shadow...
I escaped from hell,when i was pregnant with my adorable son 11years ago it took me 5 years to find out who I was again and regain some form of self respect,and heal from the classic hitting, slapping, punching, chocking that happens,but the verbal and mental abuse that's tears me down.l finally woke up one day after getting beat because he had gotten a ticket for for reckless driving. ( Like I was there to prevent his behavior)I have my unborn child to put first and him last. I can't say he was a great Dad, because he was never there.;( That was the first day of the rest of my life, the day I took control and say goodbye,What a great feeling.
If anyone here is going through it..please find help and leave, it's hard, but the right thing to do..don't let some other person destroy your right to be happy.
Love & Light
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 26, 2012
The more you sand sand and slap slap the babes dem...the more dem love You...

Slap a girl today...
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by jeffizy(m): 9:28pm On Sep 26, 2012
Persuade one of kids to get dad and mum on candid CAmera,!.... ♍ two cent !!
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by Gabrielsylar(m): 9:30pm On Sep 26, 2012
The best way out is thru "youtube"
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by Nobody: 10:03pm On Sep 26, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Me or my friend

Anyone.
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 26, 2012
Mynd_44: I get your point but I find it hard to stomach. Domestic violence is simply evil.
I know of an instance where the man actually beated his pregnant wife to death

What an english.

Chineke .... grin

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by Nobody: 10:18pm On Sep 26, 2012
CrazyMan:
Ok...now I do.

Wao that's a hell of a sacrifice she made (living in a town with no single family member)

Let me ask...since you desperately want to help this lady, have you thought about meeting her husband before? (I would advise you to go alone if at all you want to engage him in a conversation) What kind of person is he? Does he drink? Is he on drugs?

If you want to help this poor lady, there are many ways you can do it.

You arent serious. Advice your own wife to go and meet such a man. Easier said than done.

Offlights abeg.
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by MrsChima(f): 10:19pm On Sep 26, 2012
PortHarcourtBoy: The more you sand sand and slap slap the babes dem...the more dem love You...

Slap a girl today...

Slap a dumb nigga today.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

They Call Him The Sexiest Nigerian Man Alive (photos) / I Wish Nigerian Women Will Grow Vaginas Like These South Korean Women! / Meet My Super Hot New Girl Friend (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.