Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (176554 Views)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 5:20pm On Nov 14, 2012
I Hate 9ja: Another question house......1-wat are the requirement's to get a secured loan from a u.s bank to start a bizness as an entrepreneur.2-can one be granted a loan facility based on one's monthly salary.if so.-3-mr aderemi once stated an issue of $50000grand,wat are the thing's i must put in placed to finally get a loan of $100,000grand to start up a bizness in u.s.a.Am awaiting replies and opinion's from my Boss in the house............
I hate naija,I didn't say 50k, I said 5k student grant,getting a loan from the bank is another game entirely, it depends on your Bank Policy, please soft pedal bobo.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 5:36pm On Nov 14, 2012
Ibracadabra: Hello guys... My interview is around d corner and I hope to be a full member of this house before d year runs out... smiley ... I have a few questions about settling in:

1. I am an ardent Blackberry user. I'm sure some of u were before your journey to America. I want to know some of d cheapest networks that offer BIS subscription in America and by how much. If possible- suggest also d preferred networks that cost less to call back home (Nigeria)

2. I'm coming to Minessota and I have discovered that d cheapest flights I can get are to JFK New York- using Qatar Airlines. My question is- when I get to NY, how easy is it to book another flight to Minessota (without booking online first)... Is it a straightforward process to work to d counter and pay cash for a flight? If u have done this before, are d costs d same as those shown online? (Online- with about $200 I can get a flight from JFK to my destination...

The reason I'm asking this is because Qatar Airways have to stop and experience long delays before arriving america.. And if I booked online a flight from JFK to Minnesota- I might miss d exact time I booked due to delays...

Kindly assist me from your wealth of Experience
1)BIS Providers:
AT&T
Verizon Wireless
Sprint
Team Mobile
Cincinnati Bell
Cellular South
Earth Link
Cellular One
TeleCommunication Systems
you can goggle to know their rate
2)From experience you can work to their counter and book,I boarded Qatar too to JFK, then took a cab to LOCAL Authority,walked to the counter and book a mega bus to BOSTON same night. NYK to BOSTON is 5hrs drive, but in yours case fro NYK to MN will take 19/48mins by road so I will advice you take a flight but bus is cheaper.I think tosrich can share more on this because he lives in MN.

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Ibracadabra: 6:52pm On Nov 14, 2012
Thanks a lot Adesoji... God bless u... Since buses are cheaper, I'd like to know if there are any airports closer to Minnesota- say 5 hours or less... If you've got an idea, it'll b appreciated; if not, I'll stick to your initial suggestion and just book a flight over d counter at JFK...
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:17pm On Nov 14, 2012
By plane
The Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport (IATA: MSP) is a major hub for Delta Air Lines, while smaller international airports exist in Duluth (IATA: DLH), Rochester (IATA: RST), and regional airports in Saint Cloud (IATA: STC), Brainerd (IATA: BRD), Bemidji (IATA: BJI), Thief River Falls (IATA: TVF), Hibbing (IATA: HIB), and International Falls (IATA: INL).
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Ibracadabra: 1:01am On Nov 15, 2012
Thanks a lot
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by atseyi(m): 9:35pm On Nov 15, 2012
House, is it possible i change the address i gave to the embassy during the interview where the GN will be sent,the owner of the address i used relocated to another state. thanks for your advice.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by tosrich(m): 12:08am On Nov 16, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

1)BIS Providers:
AT&T
Verizon Wireless
Sprint
Team Mobile
Cincinnati Bell
Cellular South
Earth Link
Cellular One
TeleCommunication Systems
you can goggle to know their rate

2)From experience you can work to their counter and book,I boarded Qatar too to JFK, then took a cab to LOCAL Authority,walked to the counter and book a mega bus to BOSTON same night. NYK to BOSTON is 5hrs drive, but in yours case fro NYK to MN will take 19/48mins by road so I will advice you take a flight but bus is cheaper.I think tosrich can share more on this because he lives in MN.

My advice is that you should look for a flight going to CHICAGO because its more closer to MINNESOTA. This is because you can't attempt to come to Minnesota by road from New York, its like driving from Nigeria to Tunisia....
from Chicago to Minnesota by road is around six(6) hours which is still reasonable and you will enjoy it because there are good roads everywhere. When I was coming , I came in through Chicago and my host drove to the airport to pick me.
from NEW YORK - MINNESOTA is a long thing.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Ibracadabra: 12:23am On Nov 16, 2012
tosrich:

My advice is that you should look for a flight going to CHICAGO because its more closer to MINNESOTA. This is because you can't attempt to come to Minnesota by road from New York, its like driving from Nigeria to Tunisia....
from Chicago to Minnesota by road is around six(6) hours which is still reasonable and you will enjoy it because there are good roads everywhere. When I was coming , I came in through Chicago and my host drove to the airport to pick me.
from NEW YORK - MINNESOTA is a long thing.

Thanks Tosrich; I have been waiting for your input...

So did you get a bus from Chicago to Minnesota? How much did you pay for bus fare and is d bus station close to d airport? Pls shed some light on this...

I just found out that some of these airlines- like Qatar airlines have their offices in Lagos and even at d airport... For those of u here who have some experience on this: is it cheaper to walk to their office to book or are agents cheaper?

Thirdly, I was looking at sample flight itinerary for Qatar airlines and I noticed that flight usually take off Lagos by 2:55pm and reach Doha by midnight (11:55pm) then there is a gap of 8 hours before d next flight leaves by 8 am d next day... My question is: what did u guys (those that used Qatar Airways) do during those long 8 hours? Is there any place to sleep- how exactly do u burn that time?

Finally, for those who used their NPC attestation of birth- did u also bring along your High Court affidavit to d interview or did u just bring you NPC attestation of birth... Thank u and forgive my long essay: but my interview is next week and I plan to spend my christmas in d land of the free
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by tosrich(m): 1:03am On Nov 16, 2012
Like I said, my host came to pick me up at the airport by road so I dont realy know if you can get a BUS or arange to connect another flight to Minnesota.
secondly, I boarded ETIHAD AIRLINE while I was coming and we had about 10hrs of stop over at the ABU DHABI Airport, you wont be allowed to leave the airport premises because you dont have their visa, I slept in the airport till the followig morning to catch up with my fligh and I was giving meal ticket for DINNER AND BREAKFAST. I you are going to be having a stop-over too, try to wear cloth that can protect you well because of cold.

I used the birth certificate from birth, so I did'nt collect anything from NPC.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 1:30am On Nov 16, 2012
I want to start by commending the efforts of the contributors to this thread,you have all been helpful God will continue to bless you. Im a selectee and hope to be interviewd feb 2013...pls I need advices cause I'm in my 3rd year in uni studyin mech engin and I want to knw if I can coLlect my transcript and go and continue my schoolin over there or I have to start afresh and also can I work before startin school..thanks y'all I'll be waitin for your contributions
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Ibracadabra: 1:56am On Nov 16, 2012
tosrich: Like I said, my host came to pick me up at the airport by road so I dont realy know if you can get a BUS or arange to connect another flight to Minnesota.
secondly, I boarded ETIHAD AIRLINE while I was coming and we had about 10hrs of stop over at the ABU DHABI Airport, you wont be allowed to leave the airport premises because you dont have their visa, I slept in the airport till the followig morning to catch up with my fligh and I was giving meal ticket for DINNER AND BREAKFAST. I you are going to be having a stop-over too, try to wear cloth that can protect you well because of cold.

I used the birth certificate from birth, so I did'nt collect anything from NPC.

Thanks a lot... All the points you've made have been duly noted... How much did ETIHAD charge you from Lagos to Chicago?

And how's life in Minnesota on d job front? Any success stories on your end as regards that?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by tosrich(m): 3:14am On Nov 16, 2012
Ibracadabra:

Thanks a lot... All the points you've made have been duly noted... How much did ETIHAD charge you from Lagos to Chicago?

And how's life in Minnesota on d job front? Any success stories on your end as regards that?

I did the booking hrough an agent and it was around #230,000 because it was the cheapest I could get at that period. Temmytanny also conirmed it that its more cheaper to book flight ticket through the agent.

Concerning job, it depends on th kind of job you are looking for, though I have seen some but I cant do it, its just better to take one's time to get the right one. the secret of this country is that, your host will determine a lot of things about your perception of the whole environment.. Its just like if your host works as a cleaner or a securty officer, he will make you belief thats the best job you can do and which is not.. a lot of Nigerian are doing good job though while some decided to settle for less because they've being brainwashed to belief that its the best job they can do and once you make the mistake, it would be difficult to correct.. they simply tell you white collar jobs are white mans job, which is not...
The key thing is that you take your time and dont just settle for less and most importantly YOUR DREAM MATTER.

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Spoondar(f): 6:27am On Nov 16, 2012
Tell that intellectual person to go teach English elsewhere we are here to help each other on DV Immigrant issues. Keep the fire burning brothers let the empty vessels make noise elsewhere.

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by packaging(m): 10:50am On Nov 16, 2012
tosrich:

I did the booking hrough an agent and it was around #230,000 because it was the cheapest I could get at that period. Temmytanny also conirmed it that its more cheaper to book flight ticket through the agent.

Concerning job, it depends on th kind of job you are looking for, though I have seen some but I cant do it, its just better to take one's time to get the right one. the secret of this country is that, your host will determine a lot of things about your perception of the whole environment.. Its just like if your host works as a cleaner or a securty officer, he will make you belief thats the best job you can do and which is not.. a lot of Nigerian are doing good job though while some decided to settle for less because they've being brainwashed to belief that its the best job they can do and once you make the mistake, it would be difficult to correct.. they simply tell you white collar jobs are white mans job, which is not...
The key thing is that you take your time and dont just settle for less and most importantly YOUR DREAM MATTER.
job aspect dully noted bro! Information I'll neva forget... Tnks a again
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by packaging(m): 10:57am On Nov 16, 2012
tovalli: I want to start by commending the efforts of the contributors to this thread,you have all been helpful God will continue to bless you. Im a selectee and hope to be interviewd feb 2013...pls I need advices cause I'm in my 3rd year in uni studyin mech engin and I want to knw if I can coLlect my transcript and go and continue my schoolin over there or I have to start afresh and also can I work before startin school..thanks y'all I'll be waitin for your contributions
any advice for dis bro pls ?!
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by gunners4u: 12:12pm On Nov 16, 2012
Pls hw many dollars can i hold as pocket money wen going & which airline is d cheapest to connecticus
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 12:25pm On Nov 16, 2012
gunners4u: Pls hw many dollars can i hold as pocket money wen going & which airline is d cheapest to connecticus
As much as you can bro
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by honeydee: 12:59pm On Nov 16, 2012
Hi guys, could sm1 pls confirm or correct me. I'm gettin d feeling that its most appropriate to learn driving b4 leaving.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 1:03pm On Nov 16, 2012
honeydee: Hi guys, could sm1 pls confirm or correct me. I'm gettin d feeling that its most appropriate to learn driving b4 leaving.
very correct so that all you will come and do here will only be formality to get your driver license
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by honeydee: 1:14pm On Nov 16, 2012
temmytanny: very correct so that all you will come and do here will only be formality to get your driver license

Thanks temmy. God bless
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:21pm On Nov 16, 2012
atseyi: House, is it possible i change the address i gave to the embassy during the interview where the GN will be sent,the owner of the address i used relocated to another state. thanks for your advice.

Changing of address is a very sensitive issue, you can try it during the interview,if the old address still appears on your travelling packet make sure you call USCIS as soon as you get to United state for change of address, also re-confirm from your host how you can get your documents.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 1:22pm On Nov 16, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

Changing of address is a very sensitive issue, you can try it during the interview,if the old address still appears on your travelling packet make sure you call USCIS as soon as you get to United state for change of address, also re-confirm from your host how you can get your documents.
you are correct,they hardly change it
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:24pm On Nov 16, 2012
packaging: any advice for dis bro pls ?!

Sure you can work before starting school,and I think you should contact WES(world education services)on how you can transfer and evaluate your transcript to key in to the system.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:28pm On Nov 16, 2012
honeydee: Hi guys, could sm1 pls confirm or correct me. I'm gettin d feeling that its most appropriate to learn driving b4 leaving.

Honeydee, pls learn driving as fast as you can before coming, not be able to drive may deny your ability to obtain your US driver's licence on time and without a driver's licence one is just like an handicap.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:42pm On Nov 16, 2012
temmytanny: you are correct,they hardly change it

...and temmy pls quickly go to USCIS page,and change your address to your new address, print out copies and keep it for the record, it is compulsory for immigrant to notify USCIS within 10 if you are relocating.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 3:26pm On Nov 16, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

...and temmy pls quickly go to USCIS page,and change your address to your new address, print out copies and keep it for the record, it is compulsory for immigrant to notify USCIS within 10 if you are relocating.
DONE IT! tanx sir
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by gunners4u: 7:49pm On Nov 16, 2012
@adesoji, hw much did u pay 4 flight ticket 4rm lagos to new york wit qatar airline
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:47pm On Nov 16, 2012
gunners4u: @adesoji, hw much did u pay 4 flight ticket 4rm lagos to new york wit qatar airline

N130k through Aeroland,
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Ibracadabra: 12:05am On Nov 17, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

N130k through Aeroland,

Pls throw more light on this "Aeroland"... How does one use it?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:10am On Nov 17, 2012
Ibracadabra:

Pls throw more light on this "Aeroland"... How does one use it?

lol,Aeroland is a travel agency.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Ibracadabra: 12:58am On Nov 17, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

lol,Aeroland is a travel agency.

Lol... U know say I no know these things... Do they have a website, office address or phone number I can use?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 2:32am On Nov 17, 2012
Ibracadabra:

Lol... U know say I no know these things... Do they have a website, office address or phone number I can use?

Well, I used to be Ibadan base, so I only know the Ib location@ "Ibrafund House ring road" you can also access this site for more insight. http://www.nigeriagalleria.com/Travel_and_Tourism/Travel_Agencies_a.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (88) (Reply)

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja / Any Nairalander In Abidjan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 197
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.