Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,401 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

Private Jets Owned By Wealthy Nigerians And Their Costs - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Private Jets Owned By Wealthy Nigerians And Their Costs (62820 Views)

Oil Crisis: Nigeria Announces New Charges On Private Jets, Yachts, Champagnes / Top Ten Private Jets Owned By Wealthy Nigerians And How Much They Cost / Nigeria’s Richest Pastor Oyedepo Puts Private Jets Up For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Private Jets Owned By Wealthy Nigerians And Their Costs by donfemo(m): 8:05am On Sep 29, 2012
ziiko: . When the man of God was using old and bad volkS bittle (ijapa)where were u,expect God's wrath on that ur mouth.

Ok
Re: Private Jets Owned By Wealthy Nigerians And Their Costs by IYANGBALI: 8:56am On Sep 29, 2012
adora4u1: How many worshippers have Pastor Oyedepo given a lift in his airplanes?
Ask them
Re: Private Jets Owned By Wealthy Nigerians And Their Costs by IYANGBALI: 8:58am On Sep 29, 2012
donfemo:

You are a fool and have B̶̲̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ŋ blinded by false prophets. mumu so how many of his church members can afford school fees in his school, how many can afford 3squared meals, and he has 3 private jets paying daily for them †Φ be parked in a hanger open your eyes you fool,
The guy is so blind that even his pastor cannot heal him
Re: Private Jets Owned By Wealthy Nigerians And Their Costs by israelbenzion: 9:06am On Sep 29, 2012
aguiyi:
a very proud one

Hope u knw that St. Paul had far more fame and followership way back ind Apostolic era. But u knw wat? He was a proud tentmaker and he used to say he was never a burden to anyone. Wenever he entered a town he wud resume his tentmaking vocation just to feed himself. Did he own a horse or camel of a private boat or even a house then? Did he? Cud he not hv asked and all d congregation he helped nurture would rush to provide it for him?

I only responded to ur own post. I am not necessarily criticising the Pastors on d list. It is left to them and God.
Re: Private Jets Owned By Wealthy Nigerians And Their Costs by IYANGBALI: 9:09am On Sep 29, 2012
elampiro:

You are arguing on assumptions and not facts. Read the link below so that you can be enlightened about the Pope's trip on commercial flights. http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/vatican-has-no-money-or-space-for-private-plane-says-priest/

Also, you are quickly to deviate from the subject at hand. What has universities got to do with private jets? I don't support anyone, whether a priest or a pastor building schools and making people to pay expensive fees. But look deeply, you will see that the schools that are owned by the diocese are very cheap. The missionary schools too where still available are still cheap.

When you talk of church history, be sure to have facts and not what are written subjectively to discredit the catholic church.

I don't know why you decided to pick against the catholic church just because people are genuinely trying to correct your daddy pastor. Over centuries, the catholic church has outlived many types of churches preaching all sorts of gospel. No basis to try and compare because you don't know if winners will be around in 20 years to come.
The guy knows nothing and he is not ready to learn because he has been brainwashed,just leave him alone and let him continue to live his miserable follow follow life
Re: Private Jets Owned By Wealthy Nigerians And Their Costs by IYANGBALI: 9:13am On Sep 29, 2012
[quote author=ABAKA72][/quot even when majority of their members are living in poverty
Re: Private Jets Owned By Wealthy Nigerians And Their Costs by IYANGBALI: 9:14am On Sep 29, 2012
PStylish:

e no concern u
Yes he concern him and even me and you
Re: Private Jets Owned By Wealthy Nigerians And Their Costs by IYANGBALI: 9:17am On Sep 29, 2012
ldpele: my pal,let me ask you if the so-called donation have turned the fortune of the pple,will still repeat my sef that if they sell all of those jet,pple wont stop been poor.
It would at least help in a little way
Re: Private Jets Owned By Wealthy Nigerians And Their Costs by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 29, 2012
why are people sooo jealous?? Disgusting!
Re: Private Jets Owned By Wealthy Nigerians And Their Costs by chinweub: 9:18am On Sep 29, 2012
@op: pls can you post the full list of all p.jets own by Nigerians?
Re: Private Jets Owned By Wealthy Nigerians And Their Costs by baslone: 9:32am On Sep 29, 2012
Chiefpriest: My dear you are bright and have d mind of a prosperous person.[b]my daddy oyedepo is wealthy and not rich.winners own just ordnary four private jet and people wants tp die.God forbid that we are uneble to increase our jets to 50.fo[/b]r God sake catholic has umcountable jet and nobody insults d pope.Oyedepo is our pope and cannanland is our vatican we are not poor please.for you ignorant people one of d jets is use by bishop Abioye and only fools will think as big and stupendiously prosperous as we are we will be limited by nigeria problems.[color=#006600][/color]

I'm sure you were typing this on top of an okada!!!

Don't get it twisted, Winners don't own those airplanes- Daddy does!!!!

Seems he is even conniving with the peops you often refer to as Boko Haram(Dr Kashim sounds like one) to milk you dry.

Sorry ooo
Re: Private Jets Owned By Wealthy Nigerians And Their Costs by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 29, 2012
DONT BLAME OYEDEPO FOR OWNING 3 JETS. BLAME THE MONKEYS AND DONKEYS THAT GAVE HIM THEIR HARD EARNED CASH AND THEY TREK UNDER THE HOT SUN AND RAIN. THEY DESERVE EVERYTHING THEY GET.
Re: Private Jets Owned By Wealthy Nigerians And Their Costs by mickey5000(m): 10:41am On Sep 29, 2012
Make una leave the pastor. na him get his money. na d thing wey person like he go do with his money. abi na sin to have more than one plane? or is God complaining? why suffering yourself over another man success. go and legitimately make your own money and do whatever you please with it.
Re: Private Jets Owned By Wealthy Nigerians And Their Costs by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 29, 2012
aguiyi:
poverty mentality has beguilded you

You mean he is wrong? shocked
aguiyi:

You mean he is wrong? You must be very mad. Religious pig,son of sanni abacha. Fool. How many of that jets u papa own? The man don give you hantu from Kwara you no fit think again. Na people like you dey destroy this nation. If you are a local govt staff,na to start to dey thief money to buy you own 6 private jet.......fool.
Re: Private Jets Owned By Wealthy Nigerians And Their Costs by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 29, 2012
pro01:

Well, just by inches. The only thing I detest about that religion is the violence and fanaticism attached to it. If these two things were absent, I would probably like them more than these fools who think God's work is supposed to be one big party. The only notion of true religious devotion that makes sense to me involves piety and self-sacrifice. There are no two ways about it. If you want to enjoy life, then join amoral hedonists like me 'in the world' and quit parading yourself as a devout Christian, let alone a "Man of God". You can NEVER have the best of both worlds; don't even try to use annoying justifications based on some old-testmament hogwash - King David, bla bla.

Much as I detest the unrelenting violence and blood-thirsty extremism associated with Islam, I have to admit that I have never heard of any non-monarchical Islamic religious leader that lives in ostentatious wealth, let alone the private jet lifestyle. Indeed, this is even more true for religous leaders in Judaism, Buddhism, and Hinduism. The Monks in catholicism are also good examples. If one chooses to serve God, he or she MUST leave Gucci and Louis Vuitton behind. If you can't forsake the good life, then it is not by force to serve God. Quit fooling yourself. "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me", that's how Jesus put it, but these worldly charlatans only like quoting Jesus when it suits their selfish purposes.

True religious devotion, particularly for those that sign up for God's work, is absolutely incompatible with personal wealth, worldly pleasures, luxuries and comforts. There is NOTHING anyone can argue to the contrary.
God Bless You. End of discussion.
Re: Private Jets Owned By Wealthy Nigerians And Their Costs by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 29, 2012
pro01:

Well, just by inches. The only thing I detest about that religion is the violence and fanaticism attached to it. If these two things were absent, I would probably like them more than these fools who think God's work is supposed to be one big party. The only notion of true religious devotion that makes sense to me involves piety and self-sacrifice. There are no two ways about it. If you want to enjoy life, then join amoral hedonists like me 'in the world' and quit parading yourself as a devout Christian, let alone a "Man of God". You can NEVER have the best of both worlds; don't even try to use annoying justifications based on some old-testmament hogwash - King David, bla bla.

Much as I detest the unrelenting violence and blood-thirsty extremism associated with Islam, I have to admit that I have never heard of any non-monarchical Islamic religious leader that lives in ostentatious wealth, let alone the private jet lifestyle. Indeed, this is even more true for religous leaders in Judaism, Buddhism, and Hinduism. The Monks in catholicism are also good examples. If one chooses to serve God, he or she MUST leave Gucci and Louis Vuitton behind. If you can't forsake the good life, then it is not by force to serve God. Quit fooling yourself. "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me", that's how Jesus put it, but these worldly charlatans only like quoting Jesus when it suits their selfish purposes.

True religious devotion, particularly for those that sign up for God's work, is absolutely incompatible with personal wealth, worldly pleasures, luxuries and comforts. There is NOTHING anyone can argue to the contrary.
God Bless You. End of discussion.
Re: Private Jets Owned By Wealthy Nigerians And Their Costs by Youngzedd(m): 11:11am On Sep 29, 2012
achi4u: he's preaching "give and it shall be given to you"grin

Na normal thing, the giver never lack.
Re: Private Jets Owned By Wealthy Nigerians And Their Costs by shineeye1: 11:24am On Sep 29, 2012
Ezeed: why are people sooo jealous?? Disgusting!

Jealous of what my brother? The next thing you would say for people being critical of corrupt political rulers, is why are we jealous of their amassed wealth. Are you really comfortable with your reasoning? A mans runs no business that he privately funded. All he does is being in custody of money collected from christian faithfuls for the selfless sacrificial work of God. Yet such a man prides himself as one of the richest men in the land. He lives a life outside the farthest dream of his tasking congregation. He feels he does not owe them an explanation for this travesty. Is this man not violating the masses? Just a question? But i feel these men realy have no business with the Christ we know.

4 Likes

Re: Private Jets Owned By Wealthy Nigerians And Their Costs by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 29, 2012
fools and their money are soon parted
Re: Private Jets Owned By Wealthy Nigerians And Their Costs by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 29, 2012
We the Nigerian masses are the fools.

Is it not our money that we have been parted from?

ehie: fools and their money are soon parted
Re: Private Jets Owned By Wealthy Nigerians And Their Costs by awesomebenji(m): 1:01pm On Sep 29, 2012
clip: Please,remember some of them buy this private jet as an asset.No amount of money spent on asset that is waste or useless
To Some, it's an Asset ...while,
To Others, it's a Liability.
Re: Private Jets Owned By Wealthy Nigerians And Their Costs by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 29, 2012
stagger:

Lego brain talking.

Why not tell your own organization to buy one for you? Nigerians are always jealous of success, and rather than study the model that produced the success and replicate it, they prefer to pull the successful person down to their level. By the time Winners Chapel buys 6 more aircraft, lego brains like you will keep quiet for good.

You should be happy that a church can own private jets without accessing the aviation fund that people like Jimoh Ibrahim took N35billion from, yet cannot maintain a national carrier. Of course, have you every heard that Winner's aircraft were grounded, or seized because they could not pay, or missed C checks because of lack of money?

Lego brain, you think they buy aircraft with lego bricks such as the one your brain is made of?

Study ko research ni.
If everybody study and master the model. Who go be mugu? Ok I get it we go be expatriate pastor maybe bleedin our neighborin country
Re: Private Jets Owned By Wealthy Nigerians And Their Costs by UyiIredia(m): 1:15pm On Sep 29, 2012
I envy them.
Re: Private Jets Owned By Wealthy Nigerians And Their Costs by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 29, 2012
ve u ever heard of capital oil and gas
masotemi: If it is easy to fool a congregation and use their money for luxuries such as this, I would advice some commentators condemning this acquisition to start their own church!
For those who vow not to pay tithe, with or without your tithe God and the things He plans to do would always be done..........
Ifeanyi Uba was listed, has anyone asked how he got his money and the lives he has impacted.
Most commentaries on NL are myopic and pedestrian......
Re: Private Jets Owned By Wealthy Nigerians And Their Costs by Zico0(m): 1:57pm On Sep 29, 2012
aguiyi:
where is the sense in owning three jets sold for billions of naira!! for godsakes. Na wha o
Re: Private Jets Owned By Wealthy Nigerians And Their Costs by pastorprosper(m): 2:14pm On Sep 29, 2012
k2039: [size=15pt]My defintion of insanity is simple.

Insanity can be define as the acquisition of three private jets by a single individual

[/size]
Re: Private Jets Owned By Wealthy Nigerians And Their Costs by pastorprosper(m): 2:17pm On Sep 29, 2012
The only insane person here is u who doesn't want others to prosper because u are poor. Ifu were born poor and chose to so remain, stay there and leave others alone, who have chosen the noble path of wealth.
Re: Private Jets Owned By Wealthy Nigerians And Their Costs by r231(m): 2:25pm On Sep 29, 2012
pastor prosper :
The only insane person here is u who doesn't want others to prosper because u are poor. Ifu were born poor and chose to so remain, stay there and leave others alone, who have chosen the noble path of wealth.

so how many JETS do you have undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Private Jets Owned By Wealthy Nigerians And Their Costs by blackmale(m): 2:36pm On Sep 29, 2012
stagger: A typical trip by a man of Bishop's status will go with a pastoral staff of at least 10 persons. He travels worldwide for preaching engagements.

Instead of paying between N300,000 to N1,000,000 in air fares travelling to sometimes three speaking engagements a week (AND THERE WILL BE FOOLS HERE WHO WILL SAY THAT THE AIR FARE IS TOO MUCH ASSUMING THE MEN OF GOD TRAVEL WITH COMMERCIAL ARILINES), the church decides to buy an aircraft to ferry them around.

- No Aero style delays. (my wife once had her flight delayed by Aero for 18 hours!)
- No sudden cancellations like Arik Air did and stranded all their international passengers.
- No poor services or aircraft where the ACs are not working properly.
- No coffins in the sky like Dana Air (where two pastors and their wives died because they flew on a stupidly decrepit plane).

My company once paid $12,000 an hour to Aero for a medical evacuation in Delta state. You think say that money na beans? Wouldn't such money be used to buy a small aircraft or a chopper that can be used for such purpose?

SO what is the joke? If a church can afford to buy an aircraft for its pastoral staff, WHY NOT? dude,,, stop defending whats not right,,, according to the post, the jets re named after oyedepo and not winners chapel,, okay!

Re: Private Jets Owned By Wealthy Nigerians And Their Costs by OmoTier1(m): 3:05pm On Sep 29, 2012
Chei! See what Nigeria leaders have turned most Nigerians into. They barely can stand another's success! When Oyedepo was voicing His faith proclamations, where were you? God has given unto everyman a measure of faith, it is up to you what you do with it.

I wonder what you people will say when my Superjet rolls out of the Final Assembly line embarassed ...
Re: Private Jets Owned By Wealthy Nigerians And Their Costs by OmoTier1(m): 3:07pm On Sep 29, 2012
Zico0:
where is the sense in owning three jets sold for billions of naira!! for godsakes. Na wha o
Have you taken time to find out what He is using those jets for? Do you know how much it cost for a 3C Check of an Aircraft let alone having three for luxury? Going by Oyedepo's history, you should know better that He sure would not be the type to buy three jets for a show off!
Re: Private Jets Owned By Wealthy Nigerians And Their Costs by sanandreas(m): 3:10pm On Sep 29, 2012
aguiyi:
a very proud one
look @ what ur pastor is doing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency / ATM Scam: See The New Method Used By Fraudsters / POS Operators Increase Charges For Withdrawal, Deposit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.