Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? (18190 Views)

8 Causes Of Marriage Failure You Must Avoid By Bamisepeters / 8 Causes Of Marriage Failure / How To Save Marriage Tips - The Stages Of Marriage Failure And Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by NEROSKY(m): 11:19am On Sep 30, 2012
hmmm !! Evrybody got like in each comment..... Awesome. smiley
Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by Jay5000(m): 11:58am On Sep 30, 2012
The ladies have gone wild wild west, thanks to the globalists (NWO) n there's only so much 5hit a man can put up with dat's y basically. TBH, there's nothing attractive about being in a marriage with these new age nwo programmed western breed of African women. If our mamas tried a tenth of the 5hit these new age women get away with on a regular, they'd have been sent packing faster than ladies are today.

2 Likes

Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by Mowire: 12:27pm On Sep 30, 2012
Because man has continued, &continues, to evolve.
Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by holums(m): 1:16pm On Sep 30, 2012
Mr Lee: Nigerians don't learn good things from the western country, and fail marriages has been a culture of the white so it has started to eat up our good african moral of unity in the home. Op lets go back to the oreintations our grand parants used in runing an unbroken home that why i don't like white wedding.
U̶̲̥̅̊ ar right......we embraces bad things from western culture....d
good moral value in our culture has declined,girls of nowadays are
robbing shoulders wit guys forming rivalry wit guys.....marriages
are failing due to influence of fake lifestyles in western movies.
Guys of nowadays are like dogs messing up d lives of girls by engaging
in a lot of sex....life was not like this during d time of our parents
in d 60s,70s,80s...girls are after guys wit money,flashy car coupled
wit swaggs but a guy dat hav poor family background wit great ideas can,t
win d heart of a girl from rich family.....quite unfortunate dat d
Heart of many youths today had been polluted due to western culture....
Marriages wil continue to fail until there is improvement in our
economy
Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by zico124(m): 2:03pm On Sep 30, 2012
Anyone without a good relationship with God cannot have a good relationship with man. It takes God and determination to have a blissful home.
For more please visit: blissinrelationship..com
Shalom!!!
Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by Johnkaypmc(m): 2:21pm On Sep 30, 2012
[Most marriage fails because of the word "Miss" connotes with understanding.
Miss-understanding is a key role to marriage failures.
Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by bukatyne(f): 2:22pm On Sep 30, 2012
jobaskia: @as-salam U are quite right that fear of God is a key to ensure that marriage is sustained, but in another sense a woman is the big 'factor' to make sure her marriage to anyone should be based on how she is a able to persevere and endures the challenges that comes with marriages.

For instance, when my nikkah was just six days i was relieved from my position where i worked , but i felt undaunted and decided to move , i kept it a secret between myself and my sister not to disclose to anyone. I equally ensure i was not remorsed on the nikkah day ,the officiating alfa spent just an hour to solemnize the two of us , a lot of friends/ were very surprise they like this kind of nikkah ceremony i only told my father in- law after i got another job with a company because i know the psychological impact it will have on my wife . I ensure my parent did'nt spill the beans as well. My marriage is moving to 7th year now ,but no be beans oh . All Glory to God

In all, i strongly believed is our women to salvage, persevere and endure within the period to ensure that they do not listen to side talk, mingle with friends, they should be patient, to be contented with whatever their spouse gives them . Women are quite loving , respectable, wise and they could be gullible but still have other qualities one can really appreciate them for. Like my parent now have been married for the past 56yrs with 8 surviving children and we are all doing very well .

Its a milestone to achieve, but with the right woman, God's guidance,everything is at your beck and call.
sir, i appreciate ur testimony but that's where we are wrong. the success of a marriage doesn't depend on a woman; it depends on both parties. men should start learning how to play their part to make their marriages work.
Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by bukatyne(f): 2:37pm On Sep 30, 2012
JaaizTech:

I think marriage failures really has nothing to do with the counsel received before the marriage but the values and norms. one have come to inculcate or accept over one's lifetime. There are a variety of factors that has caused failures of marriages, and I think one of them is the throwing away of our cultural values and the increased acceptance of western values, that attempts to put the man and the woman on the same pedestal in marriage. Our culture teaches us a woman must be submissive and accept most of the shit the man is going to give (i.e you can't have 2 captains on the same ship). Secondly, the world of movies have painted a non-existent image of a perfect marriage, perfect-love life etc; most people seek this mirage which can only be found in hollywood / Nollywood movies; hence they get very disappointed early in the marriage, when the passion with which the marriage started naturally wither away (a normal course in marriage). Bottomline, we need to be real about what marriage is and most importantly we also need to be real about who the natural man is: Perhaps a place to start is for people to talk about what actually caused the marriages they know to have failed to fail. Most marriages that I know failed because the man was cheating or attempting to marry a second wife.
and makes u think that a woman submitting puts her on a lower stand? does a man loving his wife unconditionally put him on a lower pedestal? who told u that a woman must take a man's poo? divorce was not high during d times of old b'cos d women had no choice! now, they have a choice and d men must step up. until both husbands and wives are ready to contribute their very best to their marriages, marriages ll keep failing!

1 Like

Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by bukatyne(f): 2:48pm On Sep 30, 2012
Adabar: Suffice to say that part of the marriage failures nowadays is that both men and women have lost their traditional place or position in the institution: women,now assume the head of the family partly because of the economic situation that places bread winning privileges on the women folk and partly cux of the craze for gender equality in our generation. With due respect, women and men are not equal; the good books recognised the inequality in their injunctions and attempts to usurp such position especially in close knitted relationships will only cause chaos. It's against natural tendencies for men to be fed before women in times of famine or men are allowed to sit back while women go to the battle ground during wars.
The truth is our marriages will be a lot healthier if husbands love their wives and the wives respect their husbands though there is no much of one without the other. Our women are very intelligent and industrious and husbands shouldn't be threatened by that but support them all the way and wives should Be humble enough to make their MISSION sub of their husbands: that's submission. Having an understanding that men are the HEADS and women, the neck underscores our interdependence.
i hope d 'good' book you are referin to is not the Bible. a man and a woman are equal everywhere.
Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by bukatyne(f): 2:48pm On Sep 30, 2012
Adabar: Suffice to say that part of the marriage failures nowadays is that both men and women have lost their traditional place or position in the institution: women,now assume the head of the family partly because of the economic situation that places bread winning privileges on the women folk and partly cux of the craze for gender equality in our generation. With due respect, women and men are not equal; the good books recognised the inequality in their injunctions and attempts to usurp such position especially in close knitted relationships will only cause chaos. It's against natural tendencies for men to be fed before women in times of famine or men are allowed to sit back while women go to the battle ground during wars.
The truth is our marriages will be a lot healthier if husbands love their wives and the wives respect their husbands though there is no much of one without the other. Our women are very intelligent and industrious and husbands shouldn't be threatened by that but support them all the way and wives should Be humble enough to make their MISSION sub of their husbands: that's submission. Having an understanding that men are the HEADS and women, the neck underscores our interdependence.
i hope d 'good' book you are referin to is not the Bible. a man and a woman are equal everywhere.
Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by Niseamaka(m): 4:55pm On Sep 30, 2012
Kobojunkie: I think it is fantasy to think one can prepare for marriage. Sort of like saying one has to prepare for life. Marriage has lessons to teach you that you cannot learn anywhere else. I mean we have a culture that believes in preparing women for marriage, but even with all the preparation, the statistics when it comes to failures of marriages compares with some of the highest in the world. I think what that hints at is the fact that our culture system(at least that portion that seems to think it can prepare people for marriage)is faulty or unnecessary.

I do not share your view that preparing people for marriage is faulty and unnecessary but no amount of preparation guarantees marital bliss.
Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by lastpage: 5:32pm On Sep 30, 2012
I think one craze persin suggested that "Our Mothers should start "preparing" their kids for Divorce"....
......instead of wasting time "preparing them for marriage"!

I mean, how warped can someones thinking become?

IMHO, l think its not going to get better but rather get worse.......with the kind of mentality amongst most women folk!
As for "MEN", maybe avoiding marriage (legal marriage) like a plague, is the best and only option
left

The younger generation of men needs to wise-up.
Marriage seems to be turning to a "gender war".

Sign an "asset share" contract ab initio
(or at least dont put yourself in a situation where a woman will clean you out whenever she decides to leave), have kids and look after them, be together and if she wants to take a hike, open the door for her.

Its time some women realize that "staying married to them", is NOT a favor to men wink wink

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by Kobojunkie: 5:54pm On Sep 30, 2012
Niseamaka:
I do not share your view that preparing people for marriage is faulty and unnecessary but no amount of preparation guarantees marital bliss.

Don't get me wrong, there could be a formula out there that works . . . I don't know of anyone who has it yet. What I know is what we have in Nigeria, across cultures, DOES NOT WORK AT ALL. From North to South, East to West, what has been in place is this idea that the women and children have to play the part of SUB-HUMANS for marriage to work. That model has been unworkable from the beginning and is not going to work even in the future.

So, if after all the PREPARING YOU DO, you cannot say that a majority of those who go through the course end up successful in their marriages, then I ask you, what is the point of the course? undecided undecided Better yet, isn't it time to re-evaluate the value of the current strategy. . . tweak it for success instead?

Better yet, rather than prepare people for marriage. . . why not prepare them for life as that seems all you need for marriage, work, career, etc. Our Society definitely lacks in that area.
Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by Dahbutter(m): 7:16pm On Sep 30, 2012
Becos what goes around comes around! Girls who 4uked aristos while single, get married and some other skanks come 2 4uk they husbands in future. Its called reapin wat u sow.
Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by 2mch(m): 7:21pm On Sep 30, 2012
Marry who you love. Nigerians are marrying for all the wrong reasons. When they finally see who they love,they abandone their marriages.FACT. Never make the mistake of marrying for something other than the one you cant live without. If you have not found the person and the person has not found you, you are not ready. wink
Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by carlomaa: 10:21pm On Sep 30, 2012
i think the problem now is the increase in stressful living condition.the economy was much better years back so it made it easier to deal with marital problems(at least u know the problem u are dealing with is just that of your marriage).in these days of poor economy, there's a lot of frustration everywhere,marital problems will only compound it.so people try to reduce the stress in their life(and that might be marriage).myopinionthough

1 Like

Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by weaseloo: 11:04pm On Sep 30, 2012
carlomaa: i think the problem now is the increase in stressful living condition.the economy was much better years back so it made it easier to deal with marital problems(at least u know the problem u are dealing with is just that of your marriage).in these days of poor economy, there's a lot of frustration everywhere,marital problems will only compound it.so people try to reduce the stress in their life(and that might be marriage).myopinionthough

^^^Yep, I think this is a MAJOR reason. We have too much pressure and expectations in these times...
Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by Kobojunkie: 11:38pm On Sep 30, 2012
carlomaa: i think the problem now is the increase in stressful living condition.the economy was much better years back so it made it easier to deal with marital problems(at least u know the problem u are dealing with is just that of your marriage).in these days of poor economy, there's a lot of frustration everywhere,marital problems will only compound it.so people try to reduce the stress in their life(and that might be marriage).myopinionthough

Which economy was much better? When? Even your Nigeria is better today than it has ever been. I don't know where you folks get this idea that somehow things used to be so much better for all Nigerians. Not true.
Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by Mowire: 11:45pm On Sep 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Which economy was much better? When? Even your Nigeria is better today than it has ever been. I don't know where you folks get this idea that somehow things used to be so much better for all Nigerians. Not true.
Sis, by what measure/standard is this "better today"?
Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by Adabar: 1:30am On Oct 01, 2012
bukatyne: i hope d 'good' book you are referin to is not the Bible. a man and a woman are equal everywhere.
Please read the books in the bible again! The bible refers to women as weaker vessels. An apostle specifically admonished women to keep mute in the church, Jesus chose the disciples and they were all men etc. Here is it; there's a place for women and a place for men; swapping these positions surely has its attendant problems oh
Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by Kobojunkie: 2:58am On Oct 01, 2012
Mowire:
Sis, by what measure/standard is this "better today"?

Check the indices today against what you had back those days please. We don't just assume that because those around us are doing well means everyone is doing well.
Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by sucre26: 3:54am On Oct 01, 2012
I keep wondering about this topic evryday... I'm still single and i want to get married someday but I'm scared of marriage. 90% of the marriages around me are crashing everyday and these marriages lasts between 6-2years. I really wonder what's going on with our generation and commitment
Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by birdman(m): 5:27am On Oct 01, 2012
sucre26: I keep wondering about this topic evryday... I'm still single and i want to get married someday but I'm scared of marriage. 90% of the marriages around me are crashing everyday and these marriages lasts between 6-2years. I really wonder what's going on with our generation and commitment

Chances are still good, as long as you understand not every woman is marriage material. Some prefer to remain in big girl mode, and are too self absorbed to ever love anything other than themselves. They wont tell you this directly, but you can generally deduce if you hang around them even for a short time... not being able to cook is usually a big red sign *cough*.
Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by thoth: 8:07am On Oct 01, 2012
Kobojunkie:

The above is the classic lie we like to tell ourselves. Your forefathers had problems in marriage as well. Back then, you know what they did? When they got tired of their wives, they sent these women away to live the rest of their lives in shame and many a times as outcasts. And don't pretend this problem was unheard of. No, it was just as common place as it is today. There were abandoned wives and running away husbands even during the days of your forefathers. They didn't have the secret to a lasting marriage either. In fact, to many of them, their wives were properties/slaves and so had no choice but to do as they desired.
lies ! Lies and more lies ! This does not happen in the olden days, even in the seventies. Unless you are talking about your own father ofcourse. Yes there were problems then, there would always be trials but the difference is how they were handled.
How can a man send his wife away as an outcast ? Do you even know what is an outcast ? Does the woman have no family, no brothers, sisters or uncles ? Do you know what the relatives does to a man who treats his wife badly and remains obstinate about it ? Do you even know about your culture ?
After reading most of your posts i think you are just one s.t.upid feminist pig that is bent on deceiving others. You just sound like my american friends describing african culture from the subversive,colonialist and racist lump they have been fed. The only difference is that i suspect that you knew quite well what you are doing.

2 Likes

Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by Piro4rl(m): 1:39pm On Oct 01, 2012
Lack of commitment
Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by ivorybabe88(f): 10:51pm On Oct 01, 2012
peoples morals have changed period!!

(men) look for women who are the perfect figure wink, to show off to their friends, while knowing she has no values, and in the relationship for the wrong reasons
(women) want guys with big dicks grin shocked, who can dash them money 8, + build these ridiculous standards, no guy can ever reach. (but im not saying to settle for trash neither)

at the end of the day, were all messed up, because were looking at the wrong qualities in a partner, were not willing to step out the box, and date people who aren't the ideal person, but are good.

so many reasons why marriages fail, no room, and so little time to write. wink
Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by Theblessed(f): 12:48am On Oct 02, 2012
k2039: [size=15pt]
Most people go into marriage without preparation(the marraige you dont prepare for is doomed to fail from the onset)
I also think one reason marriages fail is because of the decline in morals and values of the concerned parties.

Marriage is a life commitment[most people desire a successful marriage but only few people are committed to a successful marriage(commitment involves both parties taking responsibility to ensure the marriage works)]
[/size]

[size=16pt]Absolutely! May God bless you!

Why would I respect a husband that is not 100% committed to me in marriage?

A husband that shares my body/property with dirty stinkers, out there! Na lie for him!!
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by Tyra101101: 2:19am On Mar 11, 2013
I need a good marriage counsellor in Lagos. Please help!!!
Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by papalsman: 7:04pm On Mar 12, 2013
D best to use is sheabutter cos it works very well.
Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by somtookeke(m): 7:47am On Dec 22, 2019

1 Share

Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by waley007(m): 1:25pm On Dec 22, 2019
1. The primary purpose for you is marriage. You were made because of the man. Don’t kid yourself. Your priority is not your career, ambition or peer-fantasy, be careful what you say. Eve was made for Adam. Marry a man that can easily forgive you. Adam forgave Eve.Don’t be fooled. Let your guy name the relationship. When the purpose of a thing is not known, abuse is inevitable. Adam named Eve (He called her ‘woman’ bone of my bone and flesh of my flesh).The fact that your relationship is eventful does not make it right. Remember Samson and Delilah.Don’t marry a guy that is not hard/smart working. Adam was working when he met Eve.Can you label the day you sincerely, from the depth of your heart asked God for a husband? Be specific, even Jesus said, “Ask and you shall be given.”Do you know that getting married is obedience to God’s word? Pray to God to give you the power and wisdom to obey His word.Your mother-in-law can be the revelation to your husband’s heart. Did you read about Ruth and Naomi?Guys are very physical. Your looks matters. It took Esther a year of physical purification to be made his queen by her king. As faithful as Abraham, his wife was to kill for.
10. When the guy is not focused on you, watch out! He might have other ladies distracting is attention. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
11. If you are not being a good daughter, you will probably not be a good wife/mother. Remember one of the Ten Commandments that say, ‘Honour your father and mother and it shall be well with you’.
12. God will preserve your husband in a package in which only your virtue can unravel. How Rebecca met Isaac.
13. Sex: If you can’t wait till after the wedding, it is not worth the marriage. Marriage is honourable when the bed is undefiled. You can only find this out after your wedding.
14. When it comes to marriage, only two people are important, your spouse and God. Some other people might act important, but they are totally insignificant.
15. Guys marry ladies that domesticate them, not the ones that excite them.
16. A guy will only marry the lady that speaks to the king in him.
17. You have to be sensitive. Eve was brought before Adam. He could have rejected her, but he knew that she was his wife. It took God time to create Eve, if you reject your spouse, it might take Him another five years to make another.
18. Be focused, you can only marry one person. If your eye is single your body will be full of light. With focus, comes clear sight.
19. Never marry someone that does not fear God, because a day will come when you will need only God to intervene in your marriage. What do you think will happen?
20. Before you say, “I do,” that habit, can you tolerate it for life? He might not change. Think about this.
21. If he doesn’t give to you in the relationship, there is a big probability that he won’t when you are married. Remember, God so love that He gave.
22. Better marry the guy that loves you not just the one that you love. It is more difficult for a guy to love; that is why the bible admonishes guys to love.
23. Be specific! Write down what you want in your husband.
24. The guy you will marry is God’s correction for all the flaws in your life. Just like Christ to the church, the husband is to present his wife holy, spotless and blameless.
25. Family is important. No the family you are getting married into because their issues will be your issues for the rest of your life.
26. Do everything to win the guy you like when you have the opportunity. Ruth was ruthlessly wise with regards to Boaz.
27. Before you say, “I do,” there is a spiritual decision of sacrifice you have to make concerning your guy. Every Christian has her garden of Gethsemane, but every praying Christian will find her angels there.
28. Jesus is the one that would turn water to wine at your wedding, not your guy. Look up to Jesus, the author and the finisher of your marriage.
29. Love of money is the root of all evil; don’t let money be the foundation of our relationship. It will lead you nowhere.
30. Life and death are in the power of the tongue. Be wise; speak what you want to see in your relationship.
31. Don’t be too forward lady. That guy can be the best thing that can ever happen to you martially.
32. A guy prefers marrying a lady that says, “Good morning,” to the one that says, “Hi.” Guys don’t compromise respect.
33. God created a feminine woman. Guys do not want to marry a Jezebel. We all know how she ended.
34. Love is not just two people looking at each other, it also involves them looking at the same direction.
35. The first time he slapped you and said he was sorry, this time he punched you and said he was sorry. The next time he will kill you and God will tell you, “I am sorry.”
36. Stop looking for a domestic guy for a husband. Are you a domestic wife? We are born in a digital generation. When you get there, you will cross the bridge.
37. Can you identify the moment like Jabez when you prayed sincerely from your heart, “Lord give me my husband,” and God did not manifest him?
38. Don’t dress shabbily; no guy wants to marry a Unclad wife.
39. Be transparent, a guy can tolerate his girlfriend’s shortcomings, but he wants to marry a near perfect wife.
40. It is a very thin cord that separates a girlfriend from becoming a wife.
41. Your heart should be so hidden in God that the guy has to go through God to find you.
42. It is through faith that you will get that husband. God will never give you anything good outside you exercising faith in Him. Remember the children of Israel could not enter into His rest because of unbelief.
43. Know this; God has a husband for every single lady. His wisdom is supreme.
44. You say you are a Christian, just the way you know your birthday, do you know the day or date you got born again or that of your guy? Never compromise salvation; it is the key to our eternal blessing, your blissful marriage inclusive.
45. Guys don’t like talkative. If you love him show it. Love is an action word.
46. Much more than your guy loving you, love yourself. Guys love ladies that are confident in their individuality.
47. The fact that your last relationship did not work does not mean that you have issues. It only means that you are not fully developed for marriage. Continue to work on yourself. Trust me when I say it is the same for the guy.
48. You are not going to get married inside the magazine. Marriages in the magazine have being edited. Be real, much more than candle light and roses, marriage is also day light and dishes.
49. Only the maker of hearts knows the two that best fit. Seek God’s will before you go into that relationship/marriage.
50.No two marriages are the same ; discover yours and its uniqness
Are you married ? If you are , can you wholeheartedly say that you are happy in it ? Bros it's not about all this theories , it's about the grace of GOD ... If not , our men men of God won't divorce na , don't forget some are super councellors too ... Marriage is not all you wrote here , zjust pray you marry your own...btw I've seen virgins and born agains divorce and we have also seen oloshos sustain their marriage , so na grace bro..
Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Dec 22, 2019
In every marraige, there will always be quarrel, our fathers and forefathers knew this before marraige and they plan towards it thats why they last longer.. we tend to emphasis on fairytale that will not even last for a year. People marry this days because they have excess money, some because their friends are mostly married, some just because they want to be 50yr while the first child is under 10yr they want to grow with them and we ignore the fact that you are taking a life prison sentence (life commitment) which attract so many ups and down.
Many ppl married just because of their feelings which they mistake it for love.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Welcomes A Set Of Triplets (Photo) / Nude Picture Of A Mum And Daughter Gone Viral And See People's Comment / As A Parent, Share Those Crazy/funny Act Of Your Kids You Witnessed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.