Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,876 members, 7,821,051 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... (39833 Views)

Where To Download Movies & TV Series On Mobile Phones / Watch And Download All Foreign Movies, TV Shows And Series Online free / Looking For A Nigerian Classic Called Gazulla! Im Willing To Pay For It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Afam4eva(m): 11:54pm On Apr 28, 2013

[size=14pt]
One other movie that was popular in the early millenia and set the ball rolling for other great love movie was "My Love" starring Ramsey Noah, Chiege Alisigwe, Emeka Ike and Hanks Anuku. This movie was popular when it came out.. This was also the movie that brought Chiege to limelight.
[/size]
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Nobody: 11:57pm On Apr 28, 2013
Afam4eva:
[size=14pt]
One other movie that was popular in the early millenia and set the ball rolling for other great love movie was "My Love" starring Ramsey Noah, Chiege Alisigwe, Emeka Ike and Hanks Anuku. This movie was popular when it came out.. This was also the movie that brought Chiege to limelight.
[/size]
Can't remember that one.

Do you remember Igodo?
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Nobody: 11:57pm On Apr 28, 2013
^ Hanks Anuku!!!! You can't pay me to watch anything that guy is in. I absolutely cannot stand him.
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Nobody: 11:59pm On Apr 28, 2013
naijababe: ^ Hanks Anuku!!!! You can't pay me to watch anything that guy is in. I absolutely cannot stand him.
Same here. He's annoying. His expressions are painful to watch.
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Afam4eva(m): 12:00am On Apr 29, 2013
ItsModella:
Can't remember that one.

Do you remember Igodo?

[size=14pt]Everyone remembers Igodo. After Igodo, producers now started producing similar adventure movies eg Egg of Life... I particularly liked the fact that the film was star studded.
[/size]
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Afam4eva(m): 12:02am On Apr 29, 2013
naijababe: ^ Hanks Anuku!!!! You can't pay me to watch anything that guy is in. I absolutely cannot stand him.

[size=14pt]Lol...He started the whole Americana stuff i think...Regina Askia was actually the one that introduced him to Nollywood through heer soap opera titled "Cankerworm". That's where he started.

#ImissReginaAskia
[/size]
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Nobody: 12:03am On Apr 29, 2013
ItsModella:
Same here. He's annoying. His expressions are painful to watch.

And the fake America accent grin, turns my stomach every single time.
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Afam4eva(m): 9:05am On Apr 29, 2013

[size=14pt]Who watched Chain Reaction starring Liz Benson and Pete Edochie?[/size]

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Nobody: 9:51pm On Apr 29, 2013
^^^Also with Onyeka Onwenu, correct?

Classic suspense-filled movie.

Liz Benson is quite good with playing evil roles. Her role in that movie would have been played by Patience Ozokwor today but she was perfect.

I also remember the dude who played her useless son in the movie but can't recall his name. He was the Jim Iyke of those days.
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 29, 2013
who has watched billionaires club ? with desmond elliot and co........
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Afam4eva(m): 9:57pm On Apr 29, 2013
nnenna.1:
^^^Also with Onyeka Onwenu, correct?

Classic suspense-filled movie.

Liz Benson is quite good with playing evil roles. Her role in that movie would have been played by Patience Ozokwor today but she was perfect.

I also remember the dude who played her useless son in the movie but can't recall his name. He was the Jim Iyke of those days.

[size=14pt]Yeah, Onyeka Onwenu was the good wife while Liz Benson was poisoning people up and down. I don't know who acts wicked roles better between her and Patience Ozokwor.

Her son in the movie was "Earnest Asuzu". There was a story about him on the frontpage recently. He's now a rapper. He was also reported to have run mad a few years ago just like in the movie.

The theme song of the movie was also kind of popular in those days.
[/size]
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Nobody: 9:57pm On Apr 29, 2013
Who remembers Domitila and Glamour Girls (Part 2 especially)?

Those movies were shocking in their portrayal of university girls and runs but they are the template with which movies like Blackberry Babes, Faces of Africa, and other campus big babes movies.

It's amazing that people found the sex scene between Eucharia Anunobi (stunning in her prime) and Zack Orji (very handsome) so shocking.

It is very tame compared to the soft p.orn we now see.
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Nobody: 9:58pm On Apr 29, 2013
nnenna.1:
Who remembers Domitila and Glamour Girls (Part 2 especially)?

Those movies were shocking in their portrayal of university girls and runs but they are the template with which movies like Blackberry Babes, Faces of Africa, and other campus big babes movies.

It's amazing that people found the sex scene between Eucharia Anunobi (stunning in her prime) and Zack Orji (very handsome) so shocking.

soft po.rn ?

na hard po.rn abeg !!! lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Nobody: 10:00pm On Apr 29, 2013
Afam4eva:

[size=14pt]Yeah, Onyeka Onwenu was the good wife while Liz Benson was poisoning people up and down. I don't know who acts wicked roles better between her and Patience Ozokwor.

Her son in the movie was "Earnest Asuzu". There was a story about him on the frontpage recently. He's now a rapper. He was also reported to have run mad a few years ago just like in the movie.

[/size]
Liz Benson is definitely not on the same level as Patience Ozokwor. Patience is a class act, it comes natural to her, she doesn't even force it. She's as original as they come. I'm yet to see anyone come on her level.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Afam4eva(m): 10:00pm On Apr 29, 2013
adaobi123: who has watched billionaires club ? with desmond elliot and co........
‎​
[size=14pt]
I watched billionaires club but can't remember Deesmond Elliot in it. That's not his kind of movie. ‎[/size]
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Nobody: 10:03pm On Apr 29, 2013
Afam4eva:
‎​
[size=14pt]
I watched billionaires club but can't remember Deesmond Elliot in it. That's not his kind of movie. ‎[/size]

Maybe I'm mistaking him for someone else.

I miss those days cry
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Afam4eva(m): 10:06pm On Apr 29, 2013
nnenna.1:

[size=14pt]Lol, being remotely lewd was a bit of a deal. Thereaks this movie that Shan George did that was also the talk of town. I think cossy was in it too.

I wonder what happened to Ann Arinze Njemanze. I saw heer on one MNET soap opera and i was embarassedx for her.[color=#006600][font=Garamond]
[size=14pt]

[/size]
[/size][/font][/color]
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Nobody: 10:07pm On Apr 29, 2013
Oh wow he ran mad? Wow.

I really miss the old nollywood crew sad

Liz Benson, Pete Edochie, Ann Arinze, Antar Laniyan, Ann Njemanze, Dolly Unachukwu, Gloria Anozie, Sola Fosudo, RMD, Rita Nzelu, Ndidi Nwosu, Rachael Oniga, Ego Boyo, Norbert Young, etc....

Afam4eva:

[/size]
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Nobody: 10:08pm On Apr 29, 2013
I miss Sandra Achums like mad!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Afam4eva(m): 10:10pm On Apr 29, 2013
ItsModella:
Liz Benson is definitely not on the same level as Patience Ozokwor. Patience is a class act, it comes natural to her, she doesn't even force it. She's as original as they come. I'm yet to see anyone come on her level.

[size=14pt]I think i'll have to agree with you. we have to give Liz Benson the respect for been there before Patience and she was equally a very good actress but when it comes to acting wickedness, Patience is top notch. She makes it look so real and believable. [/size]
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 29, 2013
Lol are you talking about Itohan?

What happened to Ann Njemanze?

Afam4eva:

[size=14pt]Lol, being remotely lewd was a bit of a deal. Thereaks this movie that Shan George did that was also the talk of town. I think cossy was in it too.

I wonder what happened to Ann Arinze Njemanze. I saw heer on one MNET soap opera and i was embarassedx for her.[color=#006600][font=Garamond]
[size=14pt]

[/size]
[/size][/font][/color]
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Afam4eva(m): 10:12pm On Apr 29, 2013
ItsModella: I miss Sandra Achums like mad!!

[size=14pt]I miss her like crazy too. She has been in Germany all these years with her husband but i think she returned just last year[/size]
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Nobody: 10:14pm On Apr 29, 2013
ItsModella: I miss Sandra Achums like mad!!

Yes yes her too.

Did you watch deadly passion with sandra achums, hilda dokubo and zach orji? Awesome but sad movie.

I also miss Hilda Dokubo with her crying lol.

I used to think she was Igbo as she graced Igbo movies like Evil Passion (with Ngozi Nwosu) and that "Ruby" movie with Ndidi Obi and Sydney Diala.
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Nobody: 10:17pm On Apr 29, 2013
nnenna.1:

Yes yes her too.

Did you watch deadly passion with sandra achums, hilda dokubo and zach orji? Awesome but sad movie.

I also miss Hilda Dokubo with her crying lol.

I used to think she was Igbo as she graced Igbo movies like Evil Passion (with Ngozi Nwosu) and that "Ruby" movie with Ndidi Obi and Sydney Diala.
I think I remember the movie. Hilda was childless, right? and Zack Orji married Sandra.

Hilda could cry, oh gawd. I remember getting so pissed at her because instead of fighting for herself, she kept overworking her tear glands. And then it gets worse when Nkiru Sylvanus is acting as her daughter. The both of them could cry nonsense.
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Nobody: 10:17pm On Apr 29, 2013
So many memories....

I also remember Goodbye Tomorrow. The HIV/AIDS movie where Hilda Dokubo dies. Saint Obi used to be so fine.

A lot of crying right there.
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Nobody: 10:20pm On Apr 29, 2013
Hilda was childless and she and Sandra were sisters. I think Sandra was a university student and Zach Impregnated her. He didn't marry her though. She aborted the baby.

ItsModella:
I think I remember the movie. Hilda was childless, right? and Zack Orji married Sandra.

Hilda could cry, oh gawd. I remember getting so pissed at her because instead of fighting for herself, she kept overworking her tear glands. And then it gets worse when Nkiru Sylvanus is acting as her daughter. The both of them could cry nonsense.
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 29, 2013
Yeah Hilda and Nkiru made a good crying team.

They were mother and daughter in one movie but I don't remember which.
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 29, 2013
Bringing back memories cry

*blows nose*
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Afam4eva(m): 10:24pm On Apr 29, 2013
nnenna.1:

I really miss the old nollywood crew sad

Liz Benson, Pete Edochie, Ann Arinze, Antar Laniyan, Ann Njemanze, Dolly Unachukwu, Gloria Anozie, Sola Fosudo, RMD, Rita Nzelu, Ndidi Nwosu, Rachael Oniga, Ego Boyo, Norbert Young, etc....

[size=14pt]Liz Benson is now a pastor

Antar Laniyan left to become a producer/director in the Yoruba movie industry though i see less of him there these days

Dolly Unachukwu went to settle in London

Sola Fosudo is a lecturer in Unilag. I wonder why he left Nollywood.

I don't know what happened to Rita Nzelu

Rachael Oniga is still there but mostly in Yoruba movies.

Ego Boyo: After the movie she producede some years back that featured Genevieve, i've not seen her since. Besides she's now a behind the scene person.

Nobert Young said some stuff about Nollywood directors and since then they've not been calling him for roles.

Ndidi Obi is Nneka the prettty serpent right? I'm getting heer confused.
[/size]
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Nobody: 10:25pm On Apr 29, 2013
I miss Nkiru with her excess weeping, she was good at that. cry cry grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Afam4eva(m): 10:29pm On Apr 29, 2013
nnenna.1:

[/color][/font][/quote]

[size=14pt]Hilda Dokubo is half Rivers, Half Anambra. Besides the part of rivers where she comes from speak Igbo as a second language.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Nobody: 10:30pm On Apr 29, 2013
My bad, yes Ndidi Obi. What is she up to these days?

Eh yah Sola Fosudo now a lecturer. He used to paired a lot with Liz Benson.

Afam4eva:

[size=14pt]Liz Benson is now a pastor

Antar Laniyan left to become a producer/director in the Yoruba movie industry though i see less of him there these days

Dolly Unachukwu went to settle in London

Sola Fosudo is a lecturer in Unilag. I wonder why he left Nollywood.

I don't know what happened to Rita Nzelu

Rachael Oniga is still there but mostly in Yoruba movies.

Ego Boyo: After the movie she producede some years back that featured Genevieve, i've not seen her since. Besides she's now a behind the scene person.

Nobert Young said some stuff about Nollywood directors and since then they've not been calling him for roles.

Ndidi Obi is Nneka the prettty serpent right? I'm getting heer confused.
[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

BBNaija: Frodd And Esther Kiss During DarlingNG Runway Show / DJ Arch Junior Winner Of South Africa Got Talent 2015 / NTA Mistakenly Tagged Buhari As Ahmadu Fintiri on TV screen (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.