Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,670 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... (39819 Views)

Where To Download Movies & TV Series On Mobile Phones / Watch And Download All Foreign Movies, TV Shows And Series Online free / Looking For A Nigerian Classic Called Gazulla! Im Willing To Pay For It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Nobody: 1:02am On Jul 28, 2013
slimyem: I felt so bad to learn that the producer of that movie died shortly after it was released. Fantastic movie. The plot, the acts, Everything!
Grace Amah starred in it too.

Really? I didn't know o. Some parts reminded me of Owo Blow, Tade Ogidan is tha bomb
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by tunesoft(m): 1:06am On Jul 28, 2013
Out of bounds...(Hmnnn can rem bimbo singin ...can bet with ma tutu..can bet with ma tutum...
Yeah who mount zions..."Isawuru"..remind me...
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by lepasharon(f): 1:09am On Jul 28, 2013
The actress Franca Brown.. lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Christmasdon(m): 1:09am On Jul 28, 2013
slimyem: I watched both then.

There was also this movie with hanks Anuku and Genevieve. He was a cameraman who shot a video of politicians commiting murder and they went after him when they found out he knew. Can't remember its title too but it was a good movie
.THE FORMIDDABLE FORCE.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by slimyem: 1:11am On Jul 28, 2013
naijababe:

I remember that i bought it and watched till the tape got twisted! Best scene, when Bimbo got him to see the 'light'.

Did u watch out of bounds? I swear Bimbo is legend in her own right!!!
I think I saw "out of bounds" but can't remember the plot.
naijababe:

Really? I didn't know o. Some parts reminded me of Owo Blow, Tade Ogidan is tha bomb
Yeah. He did. Maybe we could have had other movies that had substance like Eeku Ida. It was the producer's first.
Owo blow was good but Taiwo Hassan doesn't qualify as someone I'll tag a fine actor so I'm not rating it.

Btw, there is "Mama mi Leko" and "Iru Esin" too.They count.
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by slimyem: 1:11am On Jul 28, 2013
Christmasdon: .THE FORMIDDABLE FORCE.
Thank you. cool
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Christmasdon(m): 1:14am On Jul 28, 2013
This man in those days of nollywood. (Pictures) Pete edochie, charles okafor, liz benson and charles Awuru. These charles Awuru used to act strong films those days, but he has now joined mr ibu and their host acting comedy.

Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Nobody: 1:17am On Jul 28, 2013
slimyem: I think I saw "out of bounds" but can't remember the plot.
Yeah. He did. Maybe we could have had other movies that had substance like Eeku Ida. It was the producer's first.
Owo blow was good but Taiwo Hassan doesn't qualify as someone I'll tag a fine actor so I'm not rating it.

Btw, there is "Mama mi Leko" and "Iru Esin" too.They count.

Many people repped Iru Esin but I never real dug it sha! Mehn, Owo Blow was da ish o all three parts and I cried like a baby the entire time.

Mama mi Leko was a series by the Ajileye group not a movie, it was their first non-epic series after all that koto orun ish
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by lorenzos1: 1:23am On Jul 28, 2013
Kenny4lyfe: What about the movie that featured ELEBELE ELBUWA and ONYEKA OWENU (children singing: padidi give us the ball...) The theme song of that movie is ONYEKA's YOU and I will live as ONE? Chai Jesus wept! embarassed embarassed

Conspiracy...aww I really loved that movie
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by KakiP(m): 1:28am On Jul 28, 2013
Who rememebers CAPTIVES (where dey trapped a little child in a cage,s she sang to Jesus and the lock opened and the part a ghost came into someones house, carried their baby and started dancing with the baby in the parlour while the mother was sleeping... some scary shiii) &

The Last Burial (Clem Ohameze's family was finding it difficult to lay him to rest, I think the casket couldn't close or something like that, he was lying dead in his parlour with his casket open and his nose blocked with the buds, that was the first movie I saw Paw Paw Or Aki not too sure)

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by lorenzos1: 1:33am On Jul 28, 2013
Does anyone remember The movie IVA by omotola. Also deadly proposal by obot etuk and saint obi nice movies
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by rockbase360: 1:36am On Jul 28, 2013
Youtube had all these movies a few years back when they allowed everybody to upload nigeria movies. I miss posters like JEJELADY AND IJINLEMAN. I just sometimes come home and way old classics like OWO BLOW, TI OLUWA NILE. SAKOBI, IZAKABBA.. but every since uploading naija movies on yoruba has been restricted to some &&&&&&& individuals, it hasn't really felt the same......Looking forward to the day when IJINLEMAN account will be "set free" by youtube
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by lepasharon(f): 1:37am On Jul 28, 2013
Kaki P: Who rememebers CAPTIVES (where dey trapped a little child in a cage,s she sang to Jesus and the lock opened and the part a ghost came into someones house, carried their baby and started dancing with the baby in the parlour while the mother was sleeping... some scary shiii) &

The Last Burial (Clem Ohameze's family was finding it difficult to lay him to rest, I think the casket couldn't close or something like that, he was lying dead in his parlour with his casket open and his nose blocked with the buds, that was the first movie I saw Paw Paw Or Aki not too sure)

Yes..i remember captives,the flip-flops coming upstairs by itself! A little me was terrified back then !

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Christmasdon(m): 1:38am On Jul 28, 2013
Ndidi Obi. The girl who acted "Nneka" the pretty serpent. (pictures)

Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by lepasharon(f): 1:39am On Jul 28, 2013
rockbase360: Youtube had all these movies a few years back when they allowed everybody to upload nigeria movies. I miss posters like JEJELADY AND IJINLEMAN. I just sometimes come home and way old classics like OWO BLOW, TI OLUWA NILE. SAKOBI, IZAKABBA.. but every since uploading naija movies on yoruba has been restricted to some &&&&&&& individuals, it hasn't really felt the same......Looking forward to the day when IJINLEMAN account will be "set free" by youtube

They still have some good channels..if you search some of them you can see a few classics
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by oladistinct(m): 1:45am On Jul 28, 2013
Kaki P: Who rememebers CAPTIVES (where dey trapped a little child in a cage,s she sang to Jesus and the lock opened and the part a ghost came into someones house, carried their baby and started dancing with the baby in the parlour while the mother was sleeping... some scary shiii) &

yea chinedu was dia as clem's son. That movie did made sense
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by lepasharon(f): 1:48am On Jul 28, 2013
Christmasdon: Ndidi Obi. The girl who acted "Nneka" the pretty serpent. (pictures)

she was also in blood money right
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Nobody: 3:49am On Jul 28, 2013
Am not old or anything, but are u guys too young to remember the series that birthed the Nigerian movie industry post the Ogundes, such as....

1. Cock Crow At Dawn (Adaba, Bongos Ikwe and Peter Igho who now is the boss at NCC all grew popular here)

2. Behind The Clouds (AMATA family came to limelight first here. And people do not know that Ramsey Noah become popular mainly cos he somehow reminded people of Nosa who died while the series was going on. Nosa was loved by all gals then and was as a fair as a mulato)

3. Things Fall Apart (brought peteedochie out who was a director at nta or so then)

4. forgot the name of that series that brought comissioner of tourism in delta state to lime light (that guy that slept with governor marwaz wife.....sorry itz late. and i juz woke up!)
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Basics007: 3:51am On Jul 28, 2013
So much nostalgia here. The Tade Ogidan movies (Hostage, OwoBlow, Madam Dearest, Diamond Ring, Family on Fire etc) and Tunde Kelani's (Saworo ide,Ti oluwa nile, thunderboat) were the real deal then. Then Izu Ojukwu makes some nice movies too.
But I wish someone will mention 'Everyday People' here. God I love this series. Sam Loco at his best! I remember when he went to register his 'son' in school and guess what,the poor thing was still in the womb then. I wish Taju Adepetu could just put it out in Dvd
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Fetus(m): 5:31am On Jul 28, 2013
Can't remember the title thou, it had onyeka nwenu acted as a mad woman...she had a twins in da movie...i tink charles okafor waz one of d twins...dat movie henh waz huge den...
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Sike(m): 5:32am On Jul 28, 2013
naijababe:

Yes o NTA 7.

Pete Edochie is considered a legend by many and what earned him that status is none other than 'Things fall apart'. Thankfully, it's available on Youtube and I may have watched it too many times than I wish to admit.

The theme song is also quite eerie, in fact as a child I used to be so scared of it especially the part with the ghosts. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7FS95IcRNU
Shet!! See Pete Edochie. The young don grow now. LoL
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by bingbagbo(m): 6:54am On Jul 28, 2013
i need to see awilo sharp sharp again, please cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Nobody: 7:11am On Jul 28, 2013
Christmasdon: This man in those days of nollywood. (Pictures) Pete edochie, charles okafor, liz benson and charles Awuru. These charles Awuru used to act strong films those days, but he has now joined mr ibu and their host acting comedy.
Charles Awuru played Ekulu in a film of the same name.I'm surprised that he does comedy now.He doesn't seem like a comedian to me.
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by kq(m): 7:44am On Jul 28, 2013
has anyone mentioned Checkmate yet?
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Afam4eva(m): 7:48am On Jul 28, 2013
Fetus: Can't remember the title thou, it had onyeka nwenu acted as a mad woman...she had a twins in da movie...i tink charles okafor waz one of d twins...dat movie henh waz huge den...
Conspiracy
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by bknight: 8:07am On Jul 28, 2013
TV Series: Ripples.

Offtopic: pls anyone knows where Lola Alakija is now? She was newscaster (business news) at NTA then undecided
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 28, 2013
dan mike: Am not old or anything, but are u guys too young to remember the series that birthed the Nigerian movie industry post the Ogundes, such as....

1. Cock Crow At Dawn (Adaba, Bongos Ikwe and Peter Igho who now is the boss at NCC all grew popular here)

2. Behind The Clouds (AMATA family came to limelight first here. And people do not know that Ramsey Noah become popular mainly cos he somehow reminded people of Nosa who died while the series was going on. Nosa was loved by all gals then and was as a fair as a mulato)

3. Things Fall Apart (brought peteedochie out who was a director at nta or so then)

4. forgot the name of that series that brought comissioner of tourism in delta state to lime light (that guy that slept with governor marwaz wife.....sorry itz late. and i juz woke up!)

No 4 is Checkmate starring Ego Boyo, RMD, Bob Manuel Udokwu etc.

You missed out Mirror in the Sun with Lola Fani-Kayode

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by yommy2sure(m): 8:24am On Jul 28, 2013
Feraz: LMAO!!! grin grin grin grin
One evil guy come for night dey call them pikin wee beg am.
Pls, what of this one that Susan Patrick wanted to abort her baby. When she was administered with some sleeping med (don't know what it is called), she had a dream about the child haunting her but they later became best pals and when he was about taken, she cried. She woke up and said she's not aborting the baby again.

Who remembers also 'Okpokporiokpo - the cat'?
. Susan Patrick...The child
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by datChelseaBoy: 9:02am On Jul 28, 2013
Lost Kingdom feat Kanayo O Kanayo, Pete Edochie, Omotola and Enebeli Elebuwa. Igodo feat. Pete Edochie, Nobert Young and Sam Dede. Last Burial feat Clem Ohameze, Eucharia Anunobi, Sam Dede, Chinedu Ikedieze, Chiwetalu Agu and Patience Ozokwor. Angel of Darkness feat Nkiru Sylvanus, Patrick Doyle, Ramsey Nouah, Emeka Enyiocha, Chiwetalu Agu and Rita Nzelu
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Kenny4lyfe(m): 10:18am On Jul 28, 2013
What about that movie that starred Tony OneWeek and Bob Manuel? Wey Bob dey kill people up-and-down and Tony OneWeek get JuJu wey hin dey use for house, he always chant thus: (kukukaka kukukaka kakakuku kaka kush kush)2x The theme song is: I love to make people die, I love to make people cry....!
Wopssie! grin grin Morning guys?
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by belamour(m): 10:19am On Jul 28, 2013
Who watched *** After The Storm ****

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

BBNaija: Profiles Of Efe, Tboss, Bisola, Marvis, Debie-Rise (25M & SUV) / BBNaija: Frodd And Esther Kiss During DarlingNG Runway Show / DJ Arch Junior Winner Of South Africa Got Talent 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.