Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,844 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

What's Wrong With Virgins? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's Wrong With Virgins? (9623 Views)

What's Wrong With Dating Someone You Can't Marry? / Do Some Women Want To Marry Virgins Too? / True Facts About Virgins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Wrong With Virgins? by WAM1(f): 10:57am On Oct 03, 2012
Well the intention is not to make others feel less of themselves. We all are aware that times are changing. I don't recall my parents talking to me at such an early age on sex education- I was too busy playing with sand. It's happening now - it's amazing what a five year old knows. We can't afford to be quiet anymore on several issues and it goes beyond this. It's important to speak-because everyone does it doesn't make it right and no one should be bashed for speaking- but then again its a free world- so you can bash :-) I would rather people make choices based on I chose to rather than everyone is doing it- it must be right.

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With Virgins? by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 03, 2012
@OP
Is it not also that many of these virgins are quick to state their hymen status, simply because they strongly believe that they are BETTER than the many ladies who aren't virgin any longer?!

Another sad fact is that many of these women believe that being a virgin at a certain age (or with a certain look) is an achievement rather than a problem..... And therefore telling this to the world will solve their MAIN problem, which is to finally attract the right guy to pop their cherry.

And then you have the serial virgins........ Aka the ones who boast about their virginity, and actually feel like celebrities simply because they are still virgin, and since they love the "attention" it brings to their sad lives, they are ultimately trapped in a zone where they CAN'T fukc anyone because if they do, they will become common human beings like us all.

Remember, if there is nothing special about a person, then that person will try to bring out anything to shine and make that person stand out amongst us. Normally your great character/look/personality/charisma should be the key, but to some they have nothing but a big pair of tittays ( that they like to flaunt at every occasion), some money (that they like to flaunt to attract attention from golddigaz) etc...... It's all about ATTENTION!

2 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With Virgins? by Metalgoong(m): 11:16am On Oct 03, 2012
bennyraz: @wam and metalgoong.. take note.

Sir Benny you know better than this naa grin . . . The fact is that all the non virgins here are simply the promiscuous ones - the ones jumping from bed of one bf to another. And you know what we call those people who are promiscuous grin. most will claim they lost theirs to rape.
. . Stooorryy!!!

In as much as being a virgin does not or is not the only thing that guarantees a blissful and happy marriage;at the same time, one shouldn't be proud of getting married to a public borehole and still end up having a horrible marriage.
Re: What's Wrong With Virgins? by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 03, 2012
Metalgoong:

Sir Benny you know better than this naa grin . . . The fact is that all the non virgins here are simply the promiscuous ones - the ones jumping from bed of one bf to another. And you know what we call those people who are promiscuous grin. most will claim they lost theirs to rape.
. . Stooorryy!!!

In as much as being a virgin does not or is not the only thing that guarantees a blissful and happy marriage;at the same time, one shouldn't be proud of getting married to a public borehole and still end up having a horrible marriage.
My oga, do you know what you're going to get married to
Re: What's Wrong With Virgins? by Goldieluks: 12:13pm On Oct 03, 2012
MRbrownJAY: @OP
Is it not also that many of these virgins are quick to state their hymen status, simply because they strongly believe that they are BETTER than the many ladies who aren't virgin any longer?!

Another sad fact is that many of these women believe that being a virgin at a certain age (or with a certain look) is an achievement rather than a problem..... And therefore telling this to the world will solve their MAIN problem, which is to finally attract the right guy to pop their cherry.

And then you have the serial virgins........ Aka the ones who boast about their virginity, and actually feel like celebrities simply because they are still virgin, and since they love the "attention" it brings to their sad lives, they are ultimately trapped in a zone where they CAN'T fukc anyone because if they do, they will become common human beings like us all.

Remember, if there is nothing special about a person, then that person will try to bring out anything to shine and make that person stand out amongst us. Normally your great character/look/personality/charisma should be the key, but to some they have nothing but a big pair of tittays ( that they like to flaunt at every occasion), some money (that they like to flaunt to attract attention from golddigaz) etc...... It's all about ATTENTION!

I tell you! Gbam! there.
Re: What's Wrong With Virgins? by goofie: 12:16pm On Oct 03, 2012
virginity is good and could be a proof of virtue or not.

keeping it cld be considered a rare gift. but 4 a woman basing her whole being and importance on d fact that shes a virgin is kinda foolish.

as a pastor said recently, some women dt hv kept themselves marry end up marrying over used men. while those dt deserve 3rd hand men marry tear rubber
Re: What's Wrong With Virgins? by goofie: 12:26pm On Oct 03, 2012
MRbrownJAY: @OP

very interesting piece. i like
Re: What's Wrong With Virgins? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 03, 2012
Metalgoong:

. . Stooorryy!!!

you said its a fact that the non-virgins here are the promiscuous ones who jump from one bed to another? How did you come up wit such FACT oga? You even have a name for the promiscuous ones? SMH. The Jesus you preach didn't call the adulterous woman any name. Remember that!
Virginity till marriage is good no doubt. If i get one with good character, good. If i get a non-virgin with good character, good as well. But make no mistake i will never, i mean never think that a lady is marriage material just because she's still a virgin. Gone are the days when a virgin is a pure lady both in character and lifestyle. Now, all these acclaimed virgins have no idea what it takes to build a home. They just have an intact hymen going for them. No no oga. E no work for me. When i'm ready to marry, i'll look for a decent, intelligent, smart and respectful woman capable of handling a home whether she's a virgin or not. Cheers. . .

3 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With Virgins? by obowunmi(m): 3:27pm On Oct 03, 2012
slimyem:
You talking to me?

Was answering ur kweshion.
Re: What's Wrong With Virgins? by BecaciaBarbie(f): 3:30pm On Oct 03, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
Yall jealous of us virgins. Muaaah.
cheesy cheesy
Re: What's Wrong With Virgins? by kandiikane(m): 3:36pm On Oct 03, 2012
Majority of these virgins sef have had so many fingers and unknown objects inside them that when the D-day comes for the real meat to enter, there will be no suction for it to feel anything.

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With Virgins? by MrsChima(f): 3:40pm On Oct 03, 2012
MBJ dey jealous!! grin

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With Virgins? by kandiikane(m): 3:44pm On Oct 03, 2012
^another so-called virgin with a baby. grin

Anyhoo, we'll be auctioning onila's virginity soon. Who ever wan taste the wasted hymen should contact me. tongue
Re: What's Wrong With Virgins? by MrsChima(f): 3:47pm On Oct 03, 2012
I am Virgin Mary!!! MUAAAH.
Re: What's Wrong With Virgins? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 03, 2012
WAM?:
You are right virgins might not talk about it- because it is not the popular thing to say. However keeping quiet does not make it right.The way people speak up against slavery or corruption as being wrong is the same way people should speak up that being a virgin might not be the order of the day but it is in line with the word of God and certainly the right thing to do. I can't count how many young ladies have found this information beneficial.
Let me add there is nothing wrong in telling a guy straight up where you stand- it makes the elimination process easier and also you avoid uncomfortable situations. A guy shouldn't feel comfortable talking trash to a girl who has clearly stated where she stands. If you for whatever reason try to go with a guys flow - then don't feel disrespected if he does or says anything stupid.

Not everyone is a believer in God though, so how would you preach about virginity then? And what makes something "right"?

I'm talking about girls who announce their virginity in hopes of keeping a guy around, not one's trying to eliminate guys. Girls trying to eliminate guys are stating "take me as I am!", and then those girls who announce their status from the start to hook the guy are stating "TAKE ME!" That's why I gave the example of the girl on a date.
Re: What's Wrong With Virgins? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 03, 2012
WAM?:
This is funny and very lame if you would ask me. If I went to school to be a Dr and I introduce my self as Dr whatever- how would that be an issue. My dear the worst person to lie to is yourself. If you are a Christian ; say it act it. If you are a virgin say it if you choose to- its a free world. Why should you be attacked for saying who you are. If you are not a virgin- say it if you want to..If you are a hoe- say it and be proud of it. We all have been given choices and we all would have to live up to the consequences of our choices. Shikena.

No, this is lame. "Hello, I am a virgin" versus "Hello, I am Dr Okocha". Is "virgin" someone's name or are people now putting that title before their name? Why are you comparing kola nut and garden egg?

I guess if you want to make that comparison, it should be modified to "hello, I'm telling you I'm a virgin because I know all guys like virgins and once they've found a virgin, they won't leave the girl" versus "hello, I am a doctor, I'm richer than Babangida, and I know you want a rich man because all women want a rich man with a big title, so stay with me and you will soon reap your benefits". The way some doctors are arrogant and feel they can get any man or woman because of their title is the same way some virgins assume all men want a virgin for that one sexual reason I refuse to state.

What I'm trying to say is that if a girl truly is a virgin, then why broadcast it? A girl stating it everywhere she goes, most especially in the midst of a man or men, is only begging to lose that virginity. I'm assuming she has waited so long so that she can marry and then lose it. Does she no longer cherish it then?
Re: What's Wrong With Virgins? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 03, 2012
so virgin still dey naija? shocked
Re: What's Wrong With Virgins? by WAM1(f): 4:47pm On Oct 03, 2012
ogugua88:

No, this is lame. "Hello, I am a virgin" versus "Hello, I am Dr Okocha". Is "virgin" someone's name or are people now putting that title before their name? Why are you comparing kola nut and garden egg?

I guess if you want to make that comparison, it should be modified to "hello, I'm telling you I'm a virgin because I know all guys like virgins and once they've found a virgin, they won't leave the girl" versus "hello, I am a doctor, I'm richer than Babangida, and I know you want a rich man because all women want a rich man with a big title, so stay with me and you will soon reap your benefits". The way some doctors are arrogant and feel they can get any man or woman because of their title is the same way some virgins assume all men want a virgin for that one sexual reason I refuse to state.

What I'm trying to say is that if a girl truly is a virgin, then why broadcast it? A girl stating it everywhere she goes, most especially in the midst of a man or men, is only begging to lose that virginity. I'm assuming she has waited so long so that she can marry and then lose it. Does she no longer cherish it then?

True- to the believers; speak and let them be aware of the standard that is expected of them and not be deceived into doing the popular thing! To those that don't believe; speak and let them be aware that they do have an option to abstain until they are ready to make that choice and live with the consequences whether good or bad. I cannot stress it enough- we can't deceive ourselves. It is the popular thing to do doesn't make it right! I certainly do not want my young nieces or nephews venturing into this- believer or no believer.

Well from my experience most girls who remain virgins have carefully thought through this decision and are doing it for greater reasons than keeping a guy around. How would being a virgin keep a guy around? A guy is going to leave whenever he pleases even a baby cannot hold a guy down if he chooses to leave. It should be more like dude I'm not going there with you- it's best you get the stepping now if we are not of like minds. If dude decides to stay - hoping to convince then good luck to him.

I also totally agree with you all, being a virgin is not the criteria of being a good wife or husband , going to heaven or having a successful marriage. There are blessings though attached to obeying God and it could also serve as a good foundation in starting a lifetime relationship.

Trust me a person- guy or girl who "chooses" to obey God in case of the believers or who chooses to keep oneself in case of non believers would be doing other things as well to better themselves . It takes a lot for one to be disciplined. People just don't do things without expecting results. I have chooses in quotation because a personal decision is different from a forced decision or one that is brought out of fear of unknown.

Let me add- it is all in the head. A forum consists of both males and females. It is wrong to assume that she or whoever this person is - is talking to the males alone. It could be that she is standing for what she believes in. A normal person wouldn't go to a place and announce something except the need arises and when it does- its best to speak so that boundaries are drawn.

2 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With Virgins? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 03, 2012
ogugua88:

ogugua na the only way a girl for naija fit get husband.she know say many guys dey hunt for virgins as wife matierial so if no body dey send her she fit lie say na virgin she be in order to hook up one mugu grin
Re: What's Wrong With Virgins? by Osheshe(f): 1:02am On Oct 05, 2012
Metalgoong:

. . Stooorryy!!!

Re: What's Wrong With Virgins? by Osheshe(f): 2:47am On Oct 05, 2012
WAM?:
Well the intention is not to make others feel less of themselves. We all are aware that times are changing. I don't recall my parents talking to me at such an early age on sex education- I was too busy playing with sand. It's happening now - it's amazing what a five year old knows. We can't afford to be quiet anymore on several issues and it goes beyond this. It's important to speak-because everyone does it doesn't make it right and no one should be bashed for speaking- but then again its a free world- so you can bash :-) I would rather people make choices based on I chose to rather than everyone is doing it- it must be right.
WAM?:

True- to the believers; speak and let them be aware of the standard that is expected of them and not be deceived into doing the popular thing! To those that don't believe; speak and let them be aware that they do have an option to abstain until they are ready to make that choice and live with the consequences whether good or bad. I cannot stress it enough- we can't deceive ourselves. It is the popular thing to do doesn't make it right! I certainly do not want my young nieces or nephews venturing into this- believer or no believer.

Well from my experience most girls who remain virgins have carefully thought through this decision and are doing it for greater reasons than keeping a guy around. How would being a virgin keep a guy around? A guy is going to leave whenever he pleases even a baby cannot hold a guy down if he chooses to leave. It should be more like dude I'm not going there with you- it's best you get the stepping now if we are not of like minds. If dude decides to stay - hoping to convince then good luck to him.

I also totally agree with you all, being a virgin is not the criteria of being a good wife or husband , going to heaven or having a successful marriage. There are blessings though attached to obeying God and it could also serve as a good foundation in starting a lifetime relationship.

Trust me a person- guy or girl who "chooses" to obey God in case of the believers or who chooses to keep oneself in case of non believers would be doing other things as well to better themselves . It takes a lot for one to be disciplined. People just don't do things without expecting results. I have chooses in quotation because a personal decision is different from a forced decision or one that is brought out of fear of unknown.

Let me add- it is all in the head. A forum consists of both males and females. It is wrong to assume that she or whoever this person is - is talking to the males alone. It could be that she is standing for what she believes in. A normal person wouldn't go to a place and announce something except the need arises and when it does- its best to speak so that boundaries are drawn.

Miss or Mrs, you still do not quite get the point behind this thread...

Its not about who "chooses" to be a virgin and her reasons for doing so. For pete's sake, anyone and everyone can claim to be a virgin for genuine, semi-genuine, almost genuine and even downright dubious reasons.

Its one thing to claim to be, and quite another to actually be a virgin! If a physical poll (complete with medical examinations) was conducted on 'single' female members on this forum, I'm willing to bet a sizable chunk of my bank account.... smiley that the result would turn-up some names that you would least expect.

Being a virgin is a wonderful thing. Should it be broadcasted at the slightest opportunity or the least provocation? You wrote in the affirmative, stating it would serve as some sort of inspiration to the younger generation, and also make bold one's stance from the onset of a relationship.

Well, I beg to differ. I for one think it brings about negative publicity. Heaven help such a lady...if she dares such in an institution such as Igbinedion University. Some dudes will make it their life priority to relieve her of this 'treasure' by any means possible, hook or crook - all tape recorded, or filmed with mobile phones.

Will this unfortunate female have the guts to cry foul? She brought the spotlight upon herself! So where's the moral lesson here? Make all virgins sofry sofry dey their lane jeje...God sees you...He knows your heart...He shall order your steps and ensure you don't fall prey to any '419ner'....there's absolutely no need for podium announcements.

On a lighter note...Aunty WAM...you said no normal person would go about announcing...one thing, two thing...unless the need arises...

I noticed a lot of comments about a handle called Onila and decided to look up some of her posts. For someone who 'brags' (no pun intended) about her virginity, her reasons for starting controversial threads that are hinged on intimacy elude me, and she has quite a way with provocative words.

Please browse through some of her threads and posts...maybe, just maybe you'll have a re-think.

https://www.nairaland.com/1046059/how-many-times-pple-se-x#12149840

https://www.nairaland.com/1048357/recent-study-sex-make-smarter#12178430

shocked cheesy
Re: What's Wrong With Virgins? by tpia5: 3:00am On Oct 05, 2012
must be a new fad.

people dont know virginity is supposed to be synonymous with modesty.

broadcasting [especially on nl], imo shows the person is trying to convince someone s/he's a virgin, not that s/he is actually one.

as usual with a lot of this nl stuff, probably a scam involved somewhere.
Re: What's Wrong With Virgins? by WAM1(f): 7:07am On Oct 05, 2012
The title of the thread states- what is wrong with virgins? And the first couple of comments talk about girls declaring that they are virgins and indirectly bashing them for speaking up. So what exactly am I not getting about the thread? Is It the fact that girls are speaking up or the fact that people are assuming that they have hidden intentions for speaking up.

If you would ask me it is not in your or my position to question anyones motive. For heaven sake- if she says she is a virgin- who cares to know her purpose for saying it. Why should it bite anybody if a girl states that she is a virgin? If you choose to listen or in this case read- you have an option to appreciate or be indifferent about it. If it strikes a nerve - then there is more to it.

I think it's a bit low for one to bash another one for what they stand for. You have to respect everyone for the choices they make because you just never know where they are coming from. I don't believe it's the right thing to sleep around or have premarital sex- but that does not give me the liberty to go around calling people names and at the same time it doesn't change what I believe is right. We all have our opinions about life and have different guides through our journey here on earth- you should respect people's choices and don't feel threatened - especially if you think you are doing the right thing.

You talk about taking a poll- and I'm like seriously? You see where I am going. Why go an extra length to do CIA runs to prove another person wrong on issues like this. Totally uncalled for! If someone is telling me something and I think it's a fab- I "yimu" and dismiss it- which one is prove again- you tell the truth good for you, you tell a lie- bad for you. Which one concerns me?

I would stress it again- it's important to speak up when the need arises. The intentions of our actions matter a lot especially to God. I doubt that virgins who have an understanding of what they are doing would broadcast it for the wrong reasons. I seriously cannot come up with a wrong reason why I would tell a random person that- but in a forum like this - where one states that they are virgins for whatever reason and is bashed for talking- totally unacceptable! Don't get me wrong- you can say whatever- it's a free world but don't expect every to go down the bashing lane with you.

I am not a regular on this forum- I just come here to unwind and grab some news and laughs. So I'm guessing I got in between a thug of war and at this point- I am done going in circles. I choose to agree to disagree with you- the koko of my epistle - let whoever say whatever they choose to say for whatever reasons they choose to. It's our job to believe, appreciate, yimu", and not investigate on a faceless forum their motives of stating whatever they state. But then again- it's a free world - so you can choose to.

Let me add striving to stay away from sex and abiding in the boundaries it was created for, striving to do the right thing, striving to show love, striving to live in peace with others , striving to speak and think right..... Are not things we can do solely on our own- we draw on grace that is made available to us. 1 cor 10:12; Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall.”

Miss WAM?

5 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With Virgins? by Osheshe(f): 7:51am On Oct 05, 2012
smiley

The poll I wrote about was purely hypothetical...hence the prefix 'if'. It was used solely to stress a point.

You are a piece of work indeed... cheesy
Re: What's Wrong With Virgins? by KingOfNairaland: 1:26pm On Oct 05, 2012
ogugua88: What's up with virgins putting their virginity on full display? Do they not covet it anymore?

It reminds me of Lolo Jones, the American Olympian. During an interview, she announced that she is still a virgin at 29. My first thoughts were who cares? Is that why she was sent to Beijing and London?

Then, there's the case of the Brazilian girl who is actually auctioning her virginity. She claims that some, not most or all, of the money will go to charity.

I've forgotten which tv show I was watching. It was a show where a dating guru was trying to help people who had no luck building or maintaining relationships. As you may have guessed, there was a virgin on the show. The dating guru paired her with another guy who needed dating help. They were at a restaurant and ordered their food. Before the appetizers reached the table, she already announced that she was still a virgin. She had the biggest grin on her face. Meanwhile, the guy's face was of total confusion, as would mine if I were in his shoes.

Why are some virgins so quick to announce their virginity? Something they've held onto for so long, it appears, they're so quick to dash as well. This was exactly what the dating guru told the woman on he show. Rather than to safekeep it, the woman mentioned it almost immediately, not only degrading herself, but making herself look cheap, desperate, and foolish.

I wonder how many guys would actually choose a girl who mentions her sex status first thing on their date.

I think non-virgins are always against Real-Virgins.

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With Virgins? by jmoore(m): 1:48pm On Oct 05, 2012
KingOfNairaland:

I think non-virgins are always against Real-Virgins.

Exactly

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With Virgins? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 05, 2012
KingOfNairaland: I think non-virgins are always against Real-Virgins.

I'm not against anyone. I don't discriminate against nor judge virgins or non-virgins. I'm just curious as to why some virgins use their purity to get the attention of men. It's counter-intuitive.
Re: What's Wrong With Virgins? by drnoel: 3:35pm On Oct 05, 2012
[size=28pt]not anoda virgin thread[/size]
Re: What's Wrong With Virgins? by ITbomb(m): 3:56pm On Oct 05, 2012
what's wrong with virgins?
The blood. Gosh , I can't stand it
Re: What's Wrong With Virgins? by uniqueren(f): 4:47pm On Oct 05, 2012
@ op
do you ever notice how loud the non virgins are abt their own status?
they say it
they sing it
they wear it'
they live it
they even write abt it
so the question should actually be "" y do some people make their virginity status known to random people?""

because you are indirectly saying you are jealous of 'em virgins

2 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With Virgins? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 05, 2012
uniqueren: @ op
do you ever notice how loud the non virgins are abt their own status?
they say it
they sing it
they wear it'
they live it
they even write abt it
so the question should actually be "" y do some people make their virginity status known to random people?""

because you are indirectly saying you are jealous of 'em virgins

Well, everyone is free to read and interpret or misinterpret my post. No shaking.
Re: What's Wrong With Virgins? by kandiikane(m): 5:17pm On Oct 05, 2012
Na wa for this thread ooo.

Are you annoucing your virgin status to get a man from nl to phuck u?

No one gives a shyt!

Neither does anyone give 2 shyts if yóu don break am.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Kissing Styles Women Hate – Guys Better Memorize This!!! / A Girl Sent This To Her Boyfriend After He Dumped Her: / Help, My Girlfriend Is Too Sexually Demanding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.