Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 (20198 Views)

Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread / Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 / Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Quads: 4:51am On Oct 04, 2012
Truth be told, Obama made a weak showing today, looked like he was unprepared kept looking down at his notes, at a point i felt like shaking him through the TV. and slimy Romney had a smirk on his face all through wonder how long it took him to perfect that in front of his mirror mtchew
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Nobody: 4:53am On Oct 04, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:
Are you like this people?? http://www.hulu.com/watch/404175

Nope I am like (me) people
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by KayDee4: 4:57am On Oct 04, 2012
jay bee: Scientific poll taking from slightly more republicans hence the wide margin.
Romney did very well but it all boils down to differences in each candidate's proposals for the American people

That's why 60 million Americans tuned in to watch and Obama went to sleep at the crucial moment.

Romney was making statements like xx million people are out of job and the middle class is being crushed. Obama didn't counter with his jobs record, he did a little by pointing out tax cuts for working families but the American people wanted to hear more from him and he left a lot of people disappointed tonight.

It doesn't take much to sway the mind of fickle-minded voters.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by jaybee3(m): 5:04am On Oct 04, 2012
Kay-Dee:

That's why 60 million Americans tuned in to watch and Obama went to sleep at the crucial moment.

Romney was making statements like xx million people are out of job and the middle class is being crushed. Obama didn't counter with his jobs record, he did a little by pointing out tax cuts for working families but the American people wanted to hear more from him and he left a lot of people disappointed tonight.

It doesn't take much to sway the mind of fickle-minded voters.
IMO, Obama's lackadaisical performance tonight can only be attributed to the fact his opponent is able to magnify all the mistakes of his first tenure thereby almost putting him in a tight corner where all he could have done was be on the defensive.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by dayokanu(m): 5:05am On Oct 04, 2012
Bill Maher ‏@billmaher

i can't believe i'm saying this, but Obama looks like he DOES need a teleprompter

Note Bill Maher is an Obama supporter who donated $1m to Obama campaign
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by ikachi1: 5:10am On Oct 04, 2012
I am an Obama supporter and I am here in America but if truth be told, Obama disappointed me in this debate. Quite unlike the erudite Obama we use to know. I am here watching the tele not able to figure out what went wrong. I hope and pray that Obama makes amend in the second and third debate. I won't even want to see what the polls come up with tomorrow. Terrible day for me. Obama and his men need to do their home work and it should start now otherwise, the election is as good a lost for him and the democrats.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Nobody: 5:15am On Oct 04, 2012
CyberG:
Shmexx...you my be forgiven cos you don't live in America and may not know Romney's records as governor in Mass. In a nutshell: Jobs: 1. 47th out of 50 states in job creation 2. Taxes and fees: Increased by $750 million per year 3. Long-term debt: Increased more than $2.6 billion/. Google Bain capital and GST Steel as a sample.

1. http://www.boston.com/businessupdates/2012/09/05/governor-romney-faced-similar-economic-situation-obama-with-similar-results/S2cHk3JRGn0hHRnbEFuh2M/story.html
2. http://www.realromneyrecord.com/cases/gst-steel

Finally, you are very intelligent guy but it's a good idea to do some facts checking before taking a strong position on anything or making a seemingly factual statement.

To be honest, I'm not really a Romney fan(his foreign policy su.cks), but he actually did a decent job as a governor... He was more at the centre, unlike the other right wing nutjobs....

Obamacare is modelled after Romneycare, and he was a governor during recession, you need to give him some props, brother...

Let me break down Romney's achievements:

Job growth in Massachusetts rose at a rate of 1.5 percent (compared to the national average of 5.3 percent), placing Massachusetts 47th of the 50 states in new job creation over the course of Romney’s term. The annual rate of job growth was improving by his last year in office, moving Massachusetts up from last place nationally to 28th.

Economists note that governors generally have relatively little impact on their states' employment numbers, good or bad, as these are dominated by forces beyond their control.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Governorship_of_Mitt_Romney

^^^^Given that job creation isn't solely the responsibility of a governor, he actually did well in his last year in office...

The state was also running deficits when he took over... However, he implemented policies(spending cuts, increased fees etc..) that transformed the deficits into surpluses...

And Obama hasn't really done much, anyway... His bail out failed, and debt is about £16trillion right now... You yanks are dragging everyone down with you lol...

I'm not a Romney fan, it's still Obama(and his drones) for me... grin

*Off to bed*
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Tolaaaaannni(f): 5:16am On Oct 04, 2012
Lol! Is it me or do people on Msnbc look like their cat just got runned over by a car. grin grin
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by bisiswag(f): 5:19am On Oct 04, 2012
dasparrow:

You are not an american and don't live in america either. Why are you so interested in the US presidential debate? Will Obama or Romney eventually preside over Nigeria as president? Will Nigerian leaders take note on how a proper democratic election is conducted? Will those of you back home insist that your presidential candidates in 2015 engage in a public debate before you go to the polls to vote for them? Because the last time I checked, Jonathan Goodluck refused to engage in a public presidential debate with other presidential hopefuls but granted D'Banj an entertainer an interview instead.

Yet, you people back home went to the polls enmasse to vote for GEJ and now you wonder why the man does not know what the heck he is doing as the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The average Nigerian residing in Nigeria seems more concerned about the affairs of a foreign country millions of miles away on another continent than what obtains in Nigeria. Yet, you wonder why Nigerian leaders dey take una dey play yeye while you continue to suffer and smile and live in perpetual darkness without those noisy generators when you should be holding your crookish looting leaders accountable for their actions or send them packing.
wow,so much bitterness. Have you ever wondered wot keeps an average nigerian sane and not suicidal despite all d chaos around them? Well its the foreign affairs that they so get involved with,the foreign politics,sports and entertainment. N u know why,it gives them HOPE! Hope that such good n beautiful way of life will one day become thiers. So my friend,let pple be with wotever makes dem happi in dx miserable country...

1 Like

Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Nobody: 5:20am On Oct 04, 2012
Tolaaaaannni: Lol! Is it me or do people on Msnbc look like their cat just got runned over by a car. grin grin

It's not only you, me too. I love how Maddow is not putting too much emphasis on style. I bet u if Obama won d debate, the MSNBC crew would be harping on Obama's 'charismatic' style.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Tolaaaaannni(f): 5:21am On Oct 04, 2012
CFCfan:

It's not only you, me too. I love how Maddow is not putting too much emphasis on style. I bet u if Obama won d debate, the MSNBC crew would be harping on Obama's 'charismatic' style.

Ikr, They would have been bragging on how polished and smooth the debate went for obama for the next 10 days. grin
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Nobody: 5:25am On Oct 04, 2012
I use to be an Obama supporter, but I have done my research and found that Mitt is the better candidate for our current situation, just like Obama had to fix Bush's mess, Romney will have to fix Obama"s mess..4 years and very unsuccessful on Obama's part, many excuses out of his office, the facts don't lie, 35 million out of work, 50 year lows, we owe China trillions, not to mention billions spent in hopes of green jobs, who has a green job? The sad part is race has been the issue on the last election and this one coming up.. don't vote race, vote best fit for the job, that's what America needs is jobs and to get back on top.. After the debate- - - Romney 1 Obama 0

Forget Bin Laden, and forget obamacare, there's more to it.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Tolaaaaannni(f): 5:28am On Oct 04, 2012
REALITY101: I use to be an Obama supporter, but I have done my research and found that Mitt is the better candidate for our current situation, just like Obama had to fix Bush's mess, Romney will have to fix Obama"s mess..4 years and very unsuccessful on Obama's part, many excuses out of his office, the facts don't lie, 35 million out of work, 50 year lows, we owe China trillions, not to mention billions spent in hopes of green jobs, who has a green job? The sad part is race has been the issue on the last election and this one coming up.. don't vote race, vote best fit for the job, that's what America needs is jobs and to get back on top.. After the debate- - - Romney 1 Obama 0

undecided undecided Whatever floats your boat, just be ready to face that tax break he is going to give the wealthy and all the added taxes for the middle class, and possibly a repeat of the bush administration. (But honestly though, who in their right mind would vote for a guy that changes his opinion all the time in order to please the audience??)

1 Like

Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by manny4life(m): 5:32am On Oct 04, 2012
REALITY101: I use to be an Obama supporter, but I have done my research and found that Mitt is the better candidate for our current situation, just like Obama had to fix Bush's mess, Romney will have to fix Obama"s mess..4 years and very unsuccessful on Obama's part, many excuses out of his office, the facts don't lie, 35 million out of work, 50 year lows, we owe China trillions, not to mention billions spent in hopes of green jobs, who has a green job? The sad part is race has been the issue on the last election and this one coming up.. don't vote race, vote best fit for the job, that's what America needs is jobs and to get back on top.. After the debate- - - Romney 1 Obama 0

That's how you guys carry your news.

Millions are out of job, when Bush left office, what was unemployment? Who doesn't know that unemployment is the LAST to recover particularly in an economy with negative growth. Up until last year when growth was in the lows of single digit. We owe China trillion, where were you when Bush skyrocketed the debt? My friend, please get your facts straight.

1 Like

Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by manny4life(m): 5:33am On Oct 04, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:

undecided undecided Whatever floats your boat, just be ready to face that tax break he is going to give the wealthy and all the added taxes for the middle class, and possibly a repeat of the bush administration. (But honestly though, who in their right mind would vote for a guy that changes his opinion all the time in order to please the audience??)

LOL, I know right?

The tax break is easy, the bottom line is that he will sell America on a platter to his billion friends including the Koch brothers who donated/spending $400millin on his campaign.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by lookmangiw(m): 5:34am On Oct 04, 2012
out seba: Cnn analyses, Romney did well and I buy it..BO was blown away most of d times...following the post debate analyses..see spinning now...kai,wen Naija go reach dis level..really enjyd dis
please dont even mention it. No be for naija, incumbent president refused to showed up for a debate.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Nobody: 5:34am On Oct 04, 2012
manny4life:

That's how you guys carry your news.

Millions are out of job, when Bush left office, what was unemployment? Who doesn't know that unemployment is the LAST to recover particularly in an economy with negative growth. Up until last year when growth was in the lows of single digit. We owe China trillion, where were you when Bush skyrocketed the debt? My friend, please get your facts straight.

All same old excuses.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by bisiswag(f): 5:36am On Oct 04, 2012
Well for what its worth,obama seemed flat,n i will have to give it to romney plus Ann and Mitt just look so cute togeda. Oh am getting sentimental now' sorri to all dem obama lovers
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Tolaaaaannni(f): 5:36am On Oct 04, 2012
manny4life:

LOL, I know right?

The tax break is easy, the bottom line is that he will sell America on a platter to his billion friends including the Koch brothers who donated/spending $400millin on his campaign.

It is Id.iotic fools like him that always claim to be "undecided voters" that end up voting for the douche bags and the rest of us that are not so id.iotic have to suffer their consquences.

1 Like

Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Nobody: 5:38am On Oct 04, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:

That makes it even.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by dayokanu(m): 5:39am On Oct 04, 2012
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by manny4life(m): 5:41am On Oct 04, 2012
REALITY101:

All same old excuses.

Yeah same excuses, perhaps Obama has the magic wand to wave to drive unemployment from 9. to 1., shioor. Perhaps, Obama will pay back accumulated debt from Bush senior + Clinton + Bush Junior + His. All of them, same is excuses. You know I listen to the Russ Parr Morning show when going to work in the morning, and he advised voters to PLEASE and PLEASE, perform your research before talking random ().

1 Like

Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Tolaaaaannni(f): 5:41am On Oct 04, 2012
REALITY101:

That makes it even.

You seriously have to be kidding me, you can't possibly be this stu.pid!. This is the reason why I sometimes wish they made people take a test on how much they know about who they are voting for before they cast a ballot. Anyways sha me I'm going to sleep.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by manny4life(m): 5:42am On Oct 04, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:

It is Id.iotic fools like him that always claim to be "undecided voters" that end up voting for the douche bags and the rest of us that are not so id.iotic have to suffer their consquences.

He can vote for him for all I care, Obama may have slacked this evening, it may all could be planned out as a strategy, we may not know, be it as it may, Obama is getting reelected come Nov.

1 Like

Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by linearity: 5:42am On Oct 04, 2012
My estimates is that Mitt won the debate, but he did that by walking back most his is plans and Obama lost because he played it too safe, he did not go after Mitt on his changing positions.

Bottom line? Mitt will get a bounce out of this debate; but the most important thing is the job's report on Friday (2 days after the debate). Unemployment claims have gone down, the Fed's QE3 lead to increased business activities and hiring, so am expecting unemployment to tick below 8.0% on Friday. If that happens.....in three weeks Mitt's debate bounce will disappear and we will be back to the same tight race.

The fact that the race is this tight even at this late stage despite the high unemployment, bad economy, etc attest to the strengthen of Obama and Mitt's inability to make his case to the American people.

Obama is still favored by the polls to win in Nov, his only undoing will be a bad unemployment report.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Tolaaaaannni(f): 5:43am On Oct 04, 2012
manny4life:

He can vote for him for all I care, Obama may have slacked this evening, it may all could be planned out as a strategy, we may not know, be it as it may, Obama is getting reelected come Nov.
Amen to that.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by jmslimx(m): 5:44am On Oct 04, 2012
The fact is Obama wasnt there to attack Romney , Because as a sitting president you know what America is facing ... if i was an American i would vote for Obama straight...there are still more debates the end would justify who is who . Obama did very well as far as i am concern and by the way today or Yesterday is his 20th anniversary so common
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Nobody: 5:49am On Oct 04, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:

Ma'am I'm not gonna go that route of name calling with you right now. Just for your lil ignorance backside to know, my vote is my birth and civil right and I have the right to vote for whoever I want. Just like I did for Obama 4 years ago with the hope of turning things around, what did he archive? Killing Bin Ladin, supporting Gadafi's assassination and his half dead health care. Oh his celebrity lifestyle. One the reasons I voted for him was(to help make a history) now that goal has been archived and that is it. So respect my opinion and choice.

Btw most Obama's envy or rather hate policy is kinda killing my family businesses n companies so. . Let's switch over.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Nobody: 5:52am On Oct 04, 2012
linearity: My estimates is that Mitt won the debate, but he did that by walking back most his is plans and Obama lost because he played it too safe, he did not go after Mitt on his changing positions.

Bottom line? Mitt will get a bounce out of this debate; but the most important thing is the job's report on Friday (2 days after the debate). Unemployment claims have gone down, the Fed's QE3 lead to increased business activities and hiring, so am expecting unemployment to tick below 8.0% on Friday. If that happens.....in three weeks Mitt's debate bounce will disappear and we will be back to the same tight race.

The fact that the race is this tight even at this late stage despite the high unemployment, bad economy, etc attest to the strengthen of Obama and Mitt's inability to make his case to the American people.

Obama is still favored by the polls to win in Nov, his only undoing will be a bad unemployment report.

Let's see how that miracle unfold. Dropping below 8% in weeks? Lmaooo
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Tolaaaaannni(f): 5:52am On Oct 04, 2012
REALITY101:

Ma'am I'm not gonna go that route of name calling with you right now. Just for your lil ignorance backside to know, my vote is my birth and civil right and I have the right to vote for whoever I want. Just like I did for Obama 4 years ago with the hope of turning things around, what did he archive? Killing Bin Ladin, supporting Gadafi's assassination and his half dead health care. Oh his celebrity lifestyle. One the reasons I voted for him was(to help make a history) now that goal has been archived and that is it. So respect my opinion and choice.

Btw most Obama's envy or rather hate policy is kinda killing my family businesses n companies so. . Let's switch over.

To give you the reason why I called you out of your name, I shall leave you with this quote.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool,than to speak out and Remove all doubt."
~ Abraham Lincoln.

Have a goodnight sleep sir/ or goodmorning to you.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by manny4life(m): 5:54am On Oct 04, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:
Amen to that.

Amen grin grin grin
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Nobody: 5:59am On Oct 04, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:

To give you the reason why I called you out of your name, I shall leave you with this quote.

Have a goodnight sleep sir/ or goodmorning to you.

Yea I will have a goodnight sleep thanks. You're stupidlyyy blinded by race and skin color bullsshit.

Sleep in peace

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Your Mouth Is Meant For Eating, Not MouthAction – Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni / AUKUS: France Calls Boris Johnson An Opportunist 'fifth Wheel On The Carriage' / Cameroon Opposition Candidate Declares Self President-elect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.