Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 (20189 Views)

Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread / Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 / Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Freiburger(m): 1:23pm On Oct 04, 2012
Mr. Globe:

lmao, you beat me to that... George Bush brought America to where it is today economically.

To the debate, I think this was just a strategy. There are two more debates which will even be closer to the elections. obama is no fool to let all those mitt romney gaffes slide. the 47%, bain outsourcing, etc. I think obama played to a script. Mitt Romney just dropped a whole lot of lies which will be used against him in subsequent debates.
First, i'll give you 10likes for this. What people dont understand is what has beeen the driving forces behind the president strong lead in the opinion polls even in the swing states, these are the Romney mistakes and his personality, he has never in anyway been connecting with the middle class families, all of a sudden i heard his talking repeatitively about the the MCF, very funny. Well, he who laugh last always laughs best.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by MrGlobe(m): 1:33pm On Oct 04, 2012
maclatunji: I think some people here are still lost in the #Obamamania wilderness. That performance by Obama in this morning's debate is one of the worst I have seen in a long time on any platform- Ok, aside the GEJ monologue we had during Nigeria's Presidential Campaign.
foh with your biased mind. He didnt even do badly, only that people expected him to go all out on mitt which he didnt (yet). That was why everybody was shocked. And that is why some are giving romney the victory.

obama simply didnt engage romney as was expected and if he had done, it would be a diffrent story.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by MrGlobe(m): 1:39pm On Oct 04, 2012
Freiburger:
First, i'll give you 10likes for this. What people dont understand is what has beeen the driving forces behind the president strong lead in the opinion polls even in the swing states, these are the Romney mistakes and his personality, he has never in anyway been connecting with the middle class families, all of a sudden i heard his talking repeatitively about the the MCF, very funny. Well, he who laugh last always laughs best.
the man has already gotten the reputation for saying and doing anything to be president. The same man thay said he didnt care for 47% all of a sudden couldnt defend that and turned around to say he cares for 100%. lol. Mitt Romney has never been consistent. Even his tax plans are not.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 04, 2012
@freiburger and Mr Globe,You guys are just putting my brain to sleep,Obama's four years has been terrible,he got owned by Romney tonight even the left wing media msbc,cnn,yahoo etc agreed.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by linearity: 1:40pm On Oct 04, 2012
ehie: UNEMPLOYMENT UNDER OBAMA

In a way, Obama faced an even deeper challenge. After four years under his watch, the unemployment rate remains above 8 percent and the national debt now tops over $16 trillion. Indeed, the president inherited a post over a nation facing one of the deepest recessions in recent history, but Obama had to make the case that his policies were the right ones without merely saying "it could have been worse." If the end of his first term is a performance review and the debates are his time to make a defense, it's crucial for him to hit his marks.

Even under a Romney's Presidency, should he win...the national debt will increase more. The only difference will be the unemployment which will inch lower not because of Romney's policies but because with time after any recession, unemployment goes down.

There will be a middle class squeeze under a Romney's Presidency... People will get work no problem, but they will lose the ability to earn decent wages....he supports 'right to work' which has taken place in many GOP states.

Obama is in a tough situation because of the economy and the GOP in congress purposely placed him there by blocking all his job bills. The very first day Obama was elected in 2008, the GOP in congress came out and stated that, they will work to make him a one time President. In the USA, the President cannot detect and order things int being, the system is not dictatorship, congress have the final say.

But in a debate, the President can not come out and blame congress for the economy, people would see it as weakness, so he has to own it...carry his cross and use his regional Ad campaign and ground work to convince Americans to give him another four years...

The fact that Romney is not leading in the polls at this time despite the bad shape of the economy is because, the America people are not buying what he is preaching...
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by MrGlobe(m): 1:46pm On Oct 04, 2012
ehie: @freiburger and Mr Globe,You guys are just putting my brain to sleep,Obama's four years has been terrible,he got owned by Romney tonight even the left wing media msbc,cnn,yahoo etc agreed.
well your brain needs a good sleep if it cant see the obvious. obama's 4 years was the aftermath of bush 8 years. people forget the way the economy was when obama came in and expects a sharp miracle.
O just have a good laigh when some folks think romney can do better.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 04, 2012
Mr. Globe:

well your brain needs a good sleep if it cant see the obvious. obama's 4 years was the aftermath of bush 8 years. people forget the way the economy was when obama came in and expects a sharp miracle.
Whatever rocks your boat dude
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by MrGlobe(m): 1:55pm On Oct 04, 2012
ehie: Whatever rocks your boat dude
I thought you'd be sleeping already. You need that.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by manny4life(m): 2:20pm On Oct 04, 2012
All I can say is, Romney has to wait another four years because this election, he ain't winning it...
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by A40(m): 2:21pm On Oct 04, 2012
Mr. Globe:

That is what baffles me the most!! How do you turn around 8 years of Bush misrule overnight! While the economy is still in a humdrum. I still believe Obama could have done better with his bailouts didn't exactly do too well there but I look at Romney a guy that doesn't even have a defined and well thought out policy of his own!! (Can't believe people are actually considering this chameleon) Bush was not this bad perhaps if not for those foolish wars he fought maybe the economy would not have gone to the dogs. Just saw the re run and I'm disappointed Barack didn't shoot his lying a$$ down maybe he was thinking about his missus sha

"Romney says he will pay for $5T tax cut without raising deficit or raising taxes on middle class"

This just knocked me out
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by maclatunji: 2:31pm On Oct 04, 2012
A-40:

That is what baffles me the most!! How do you turn around 8 years of Bush misrule overnight! While the economy is still in a humdrum. I still believe Obama could have done better with his bailouts didn't exactly do too well there but I look at Romney a guy that doesn't even have a defined and well thought out policy of his own!! (Can't believe people are actually considering this chameleon) Bush was not this bad perhaps if not for those foolish wars he fought maybe the economy would not have gone to the dogs. Just saw the re run and I'm disappointed Barack didn't shoot his lying a$$ down maybe he was thinking about his missus sha

"Romney says he will pay for $5T tax cut without raising deficit or raising taxes on middle class"

This just knocked me out

Please note that I am not saying that Romney is a better candidate than Obama. However, Obama just got out-punched by Romney in their first head-to-head meeting on a turf that Obama had the advantage. He's been there before and done it. The degree to which Romney outclassed Obama creates serious questions for all sides in this election. For the Romney camp, it's: How can we best maximise this advantage? For the Obama camp it's: How can we limit the damage and reverse this setback?

The analysts and strategists on both sides will know little sleep until the election is concluded after this first debate. tongue
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by MrGlobe(m): 2:32pm On Oct 04, 2012
A-40:

This just knocked me out
Thats what I meant when I said too many lies. I expect the obama campaign to capitalize on those in coming days.
you used the best word to describe him. A chameleon.
True, obama could have done better but romney cannot do any better. with the bullcrap he has as plans which by the way are never consistent.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by KayDee4: 2:35pm On Oct 04, 2012
manny4life: All I can say is, Romney has to wait another four years because this election, he ain't winning it...

He, he, he, grin grin .

You know, the scary thing is with the undecided voters, like one of them on this thread who has already been convinced by Romney's overnight new stands and policies. Romney was already on his way down and we all expected Obama to deal him the knockout punch but instead he gave him a lifeline by letting him talk and get away with a lot of things, now he looks like a genuine contender in the race.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Freiburger(m): 2:35pm On Oct 04, 2012
manny4life: All I can say is, Romney has to wait another four years because this election, he ain't winning it...

20likes
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by KayDee4: 2:39pm On Oct 04, 2012
Mr. Globe:

That's what I meant when I said too many lies. I expect the obama campaign to capitalize on those in coming days.
True, obama could have done better but romney cannot do any better. with the bullcrap he has as plans which by the way are never consistent.

Problem is, millions of people tuned in last night to watch this debate and what they saw is what will stick in their heads. How many will be watching when Obama's ads start playing Romney's sound bytes from the debates and analyzing the contents ? probably hundreds or just a handful. The debate was the big stage to make a big and lasting impression. I still dey vex for Obama angry angry .
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by maclatunji: 2:40pm On Oct 04, 2012
Kay-Dee:

He, he, he, grin grin .

You know, the scary thing is with the undecided voters, like one of them on this thread who has already been convinced by Romney's overnight new stands and policies. Romney was already on his way down and we all expected Obama to deal him the knockout punch but instead he gave him a lifeline by letting him talk and get away with a lot of things, now he looks like a genuine contender in the race.

Of course he is. Obama has lost his way, he seems overwhelmed with the challenges of leadership.

1 Like

Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by dare2think: 2:45pm On Oct 04, 2012
maclatunji:

Of course he is. Obama has lost his way, he seems overwhelmed with the challenges of leadership.

Can you mention one genuine leader that was never overwhelmed with the challenges of leadership!
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by KayDee4: 2:49pm On Oct 04, 2012
maclatunji:

Nothing presidential about Romney; He 'looks', he's not, he hasn't shown any indications that he is. He was well prepared for the debate and had the liberty to attack as a challenger, pulling out secret deceptive plans no one ever heard of while denying his own publicy discredited plans. Romney is a proven liar and a flip flopper, 47% hater and war monger who is not to be trusted one bit.

About Obama being overwhelmed with the challenges of leadership ? , LOL !!! No one will do any better with the road blocks the evil repubs in the house mounted all over the place, people who co-author bills and when they see it will favour the economy, they go back and block the same bill. The mission statement of the house republicans is "We will not cooperate with Obama, we will make him a one-term president". How do you expect to get anything done that way ?
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Freiburger(m): 2:51pm On Oct 04, 2012
After inheriting the worste econoimic downturn since the great depression, and being able to stabilize it after this short period of time, i think this guy deserves a second term. No doubt republican politicians will always promise they will be able to convince their fellow capitalist to start investing their cash again when they will come to power, but did this system really worked all this 8 years before Obama came in? look, the middle class holds every economy and not the rich, and this is what Bill Clinton stood for, and his time time still means good time to most Americans, so the democrates also knows how to handle the economy and this is what we will be hearing from the the president days to come.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by MrGlobe(m): 2:59pm On Oct 04, 2012
Kay-Dee:

Problem is, millions of people tuned in last night to watch this debate and what they saw is what will stick in their heads. How many will be watching when Obama's ads start playing Romney's sound bytes from the debates and analyzing the contents ? probably hundreds or just a handful. The debate was the big stage to big a big and lasting impression. I still dey vex for Obama angry angry .
there are still two more important, more watched and more deciding debates ahead so never mind.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by maclatunji: 3:04pm On Oct 04, 2012
Kay-Dee:

He 'looks', he's not, he hasn't shown any indications that he is. He was well prepared for the debate and had the liberty to attack as a challenger, pulling out secret deceptive plans no one ever heard of while denying his own publicy discredited plans. Romney is a proven liar and a flip flopper, 47% hater and war monger who is not to be trusted one bit.

About Obama being overwhelmed with the challenges of leadership ? , LOL !!! No one will do any better with the road blocks the evil repubs in the house mounted all over the place, people who co-author bills and when they see it will favour the economy, they go back and block the same bill. The mission statement of the house republicans is "We will not cooperate with Obama, we will make him a one-term president". How do you expect to get anything done that way ?

Hence, his overwhelmed status.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by KayDee4: 3:09pm On Oct 04, 2012
maclatunji:

Hence, his overwhelmed status.
No he's not, the economic engine he started is not just speeding up the way it should. If Romney had the same obstacles standing in his way as president, he would prolly resign out of frustration like Sarah Palin. grin grin
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by tociano009(m): 3:13pm On Oct 04, 2012
bandiejay: even though ii am not supporting Rommey , meeen dat guy suprise me oo e don wound Obama for dis one
PLEASE I WANT YOU TO POST HOW MUCH I WILL SPEND TO LIBYA, AND HOW I WILL TAKE THE BUSES FROM LAGOS pls inbox me ur number and more details tociano_tosin@yahoo.com
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by maclatunji: 3:31pm On Oct 04, 2012
tociano009:
PLEASE I WANT YOU TO POST HOW MUCH I WILL SPEND TO LIBYA, AND HOW I WILL TAKE THE BUSES FROM LAGOS pls inbox me ur number and more details tociano_tosin@yahoo.com

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! This one na die O!
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by maclatunji: 3:32pm On Oct 04, 2012
Kay-Dee:

No he's not, the economic engine he started is not just speeding up the way it should. If Romney has the same obstacles standing in his way as president, he prolly would have resigned out of frustration like Sarah Palin. grin grin

Romney would have made the corporate hawks happy and they would have ensured that he gets good publicity in the press.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by KayDee4: 3:43pm On Oct 04, 2012
maclatunji:

Romney would have made the corporate hawks happy and they would have ensured that he gets good publicity in the press.

he he he, corporate hawks happy, at whose expense. Me of course and you too unless ure up there with the 1%.

Why should people making $100,000 pay more taxes than people making $1m.

Those med insurance companies he talked about, biggest fraudsters in history, Romney will give them free hands to chop our necks off.

I don't know what you want from either of these 2 guys but I do and I know who gives me a good deal and who doesn't.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by manny4life(m): 3:49pm On Oct 04, 2012
Kay-Dee:

He, he, he, grin grin .

I mean, come on, someone said Obama flunked, seriously? Looked at Obama's history, one of the "gr8 debaters" Harvard had, president HLR, even his peers in the Senate respected his line of thoughts and ability to debate, I mean, you looked at all of this, and you think he flunked? I'm laughing. Anyone who knows Obama and have heard him speak, knows he gave Romney a life line... This is ONLY Round 1, other debates are coming up, every lies that Romney has propagated on the first debate, will sure be used against him in ad placements. Romney just shot himself on the foot, because he'll fluctuate again "as usual".

You think his supporters "Koch Brothers" which spent more than $400million AND Billionaire friends will seat and watch, as he doesn't go their way? I'm laughing so hard at those "undecided voters", Obama may not have lived up to expectation in some people's eyes, but he's the smaller devil than Romney is.

The Romney guy is just a plain GAFFE and when I see people with his stickers on their cars, I feel like running them off from the road. Believe it, it happened yesterday,I was on I-95 North, speed limit "70miles" and I'm doing like 85miles, I saw this idiot, speed up to me, ONLY for me to see Romney/Ryan sticker, like that did not help, the ad about the "47%" thing just came up, man, this uc.ker was tryna merge into my left lane because tankers were on the two right sides, man, I increased sped to like 95 and boxed him in between him the tanker. What happened after, he won't forget it in a hurry, although he wasn't hurt nor was there an accident, but he got the message.

The ONLY ANGER was not the man driving but when that ad came on, that sh.it pissed me the Bleep off. I do not hate anyone, but for that 47% ad, it got to me yesterday.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by A40(m): 3:55pm On Oct 04, 2012
maclatunji:

Please note that I am not saying that Romney is a better candidate than Obama. However, Obama just got out-punched by Romney in their first head-to-head meeting on a turf that Obama had the advantage. He's been there before and done it. The degree to which Romney outclassed Obama creates serious questions for all sides in this election. For the Romney camp, it's: How can we best maximise this advantage? For the Obama camp it's: How can we limit the damage and reverse this setback?

The analysts and strategists on both sides will know little sleep until the election is concluded after this first debate. tongue
Let's wait and watch how the 2nd and 3rd debate goes I'm pretty sure Rumney won't have it that easy this time around. I'm glad you at least know Rumney is not the better option.

Mr. Globe:

Thats what I meant when I said too many lies. I expect the obama campaign to capitalize on those in coming days.
Na today?? Fighting dirty is genetically programmed into Republican DNA I was a bit disappointed in Barry though he probably thought he had it in the bag and didn't come prepared IMO that's rather naïve plus there are just too many things you could question Rumney's credibility with but still doesn't change the fact that Romney a plutocrat with no plans/policies (apart from the swagger-jacked ones infact if this was a dissertation he woulda been accused of plagiarism) or connection with the masses should even be considered as a feasible alternative! Bush came close to killing the middle class let them elect Romney and watch him finish the job
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by maclatunji: 3:59pm On Oct 04, 2012
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by maclatunji: 4:05pm On Oct 04, 2012
Kay-Dee:

he he he, corporate hawks happy, at whose expense. Me of course and you too unless ure up there with the 1%.

How can I be making $100,000 and paying more taxes than people making $1m.

Those med insurance companies he talked about, biggest fraudsters in history, Romney will give them free hands to chop our necks off.

I don't know what you want from either of these 2 guys but I do and I know who gives me a good deal and who doesn't.

I ain't no American, I am just an analyst and I am calling it as I see it. Even Michelle was like (with her body language): "Old boy, you mess up O but I still love you anyhow" when she came on stage with their kids at the end of the debate.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by manny4life(m): 4:06pm On Oct 04, 2012
maclatunji: Team Obama fights to keep lead after Romney shines in debate

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/10/04/us-usa-campaign-obama-idUSBRE8930TS20121004?feedType=RSS&feedName=politicsNews&utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&dlvrit=574655

From your same article, here are some excerpts

Obama landed some punches on Romney's tax plan, but appeared restrained and missed - or chose not to pursue - several opportunities to attack.

He appeared restrained and or chose not to attack, we all know he give Romney leeway

Romney's confident, rigorous debating revived his flagging campaign and could help him cut into Obama's slim but steady lead in opinion polls. But analysts said they still favored the president's re-election chances.

"Again and again and again, he told a story to the American people that is completely in contrast with what he said before and unfounded in fact. And that's going to catch up with him," senior Obama campaign adviser David Axelrod said on MSNBC's "Morning Joe."

My fellow supporters including I, have reemphasized this point, IT WILL CATCH UP WITH HIM.

I can go on and on, so your article, if u read it, topic may be eye catching, but hey, it tells a lot.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by KayDee4: 4:06pm On Oct 04, 2012
manny4life: I'm laughing so hard at those "undecided voters", Obama may not have lived up to expectation in some people's eyes, but he's the smaller devil than Romney is.
They are the problem, they are undecided and ill informed. Their eyes will clear up when they elect Romney and his policies start to take a toll on their lives. Imagine someone protesting against obamacare with a crowd and when asked what part of it she was against, she didn't even know what it contained and her profile showed, that the bill was a big favour to her.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Your Mouth Is Meant For Eating, Not MouthAction – Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni / Cameroon Opposition Candidate Declares Self President-elect / U.S Supreme Court Allows The Release Of Trump's Tax Returns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.