Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe (7442 Views)

Jonathan Not A Corrupt Leader – Ebenezer Babatope / Jonathan won’t contest in 2019 – Babatope / Stop Antagonizing Jonathan's government, Ebenezer Babatope Tells Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by aribisala0(m): 10:58pm On Oct 05, 2012
Last week we were fighting Malawi and Ghana. Happy to see normal service return
Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by Nobody: 11:02pm On Oct 05, 2012
van bonattel:

Save your preaching for another thread, these people are still bitter about your progress today as they were in 1966. If they can get away with it, they will wipe you away, they believe you are too pompous and arrogant just because of your drive and industrious disposition. They believe you are too fast and will stop at nothing to paint you as a greedy criminal if you try to make more money than them. The will always subvert your ideas, block your suggestions and deflate your energy just because of your surname.

The ground is still not level, learn to walk with caution as the people that killed your father will not hesitate to kill you.

don't mind that foool
that is how we die in nigeria
and you still have some igbo going to apologize for our death
umu anuofiagasi
Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by Nobody: 11:03pm On Oct 05, 2012
^^and such idi.ots always start with "i'm igbo"

1 Like

Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by MrGlobe(m): 11:07pm On Oct 05, 2012
bittyend: Achebe is a bitter old tribalist and his only acclaim to fame was a fictional story. What a useless and bigoted writer, who has been a failure when it comes to the art of narrating real life events.

This is probably one of his useless fictional tales; I can't really take him seriously, anyway. undecided
you are an iddiiott! what do you want to be his claim to fame? what is you or anybody in your generation's claim.

I wirhdrew from this thread because babatope is running mad. I cant analyse a mad mans statement. great awo my black azz
Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by MrGlobe(m): 11:14pm On Oct 05, 2012
chosen04: ^^^^^^^^

Does the Policy of 2O Pound by the Rat Poison loving sage have anything to do with the war itself?

Achebe was right.

Indeed. grin
una go kill me with laugh for this thread sha... lol
Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by demmy(m): 11:22pm On Oct 05, 2012
van bonattel:

Save your preaching for another thread, these people are still bitter about your progress today as they were in 1966. If they can get away with it, they will wipe you away, they believe you are too pompous and arrogant just because of your drive and industrious disposition. They believe you are too fast and will stop at nothing to paint you as a greedy criminal if you try to make more money than them. The will always subvert your ideas, block your suggestions and deflate your energy just because of your surname.

The ground is still not level, learn to walk with caution as the people that killed your father will not hesitate to kill you.

Too fast? ideas? industrious? more money than them? You jest surely.
Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by vanbonattel: 11:48pm On Oct 05, 2012
demmy:

Too fast? ideas? industrious? more money than them? You jest surely.

Yes, too fast. Do you know how short it is for a young igbo boy to hit his first millions?
industrious, they can invent and manufacture anything. I know an igbo boy that built up to 4 houses of 8 flats with trade in used empty cartons only, talk of creating your own industrial ideas, oh! if only NEPA will give us stable electricity, watch how we can enjoy this country.
Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by Nobody: 11:51pm On Oct 05, 2012
aribisala0: Last week we were fighting Malawi and Ghana. Happy to see normal service return

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by bashr8: 12:08am On Oct 06, 2012
demmy:

Another tale by moonlight. Awolowo was in prison during 'Operation Wetie' you fool. But hey don't let that fact distract you from your blissful ignorance.

So you know, it was the Eastern government of Michael Okpara that was behind 'Operation Wetie':

http://www.dawodu.com/agbe1.htm
so igbos were paying yorubas to kill and burn yorubas? thats shows even how shallow yorubas are and who the hell quotes dawuda abi wetin
Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by bashr8: 12:12am On Oct 06, 2012
Lord Nicvuitton: Let's seperate facts from fiction.. D igbo civilians were d main casualties of d war, ask wole soyinka, col banjo and many other unbiased yoruba men and they'll tell u it's d truth but let bygone be bygone. I'm an Igbo guy frm Anambra & i want us 2 embrace love, pls my igbo brodas, 4giv and 4get d past, GOD has already consoled igbos. My 9ja delta brodas who lost their loved ones, pls 4give d igbos yorubas, hausa/fulanis & mid beltans that eva killed ur loved ones.. Yorubas, hausa/fulani, mid belt, pls 4give d igbos/9ja deltans that eva killed ur loved ones.. No tribe is superior, we r all humans, we r all brodas, let's nat let d hatred planted years ago by our british colonial mastas continue 2 grow.. If d world hates nigeria, must we also hate ourselves? Let's all cum 2geda & change d face of nairaland, preach oneness, shun tribalism, love and respect our neighbours & speak peace always.. Our real enemies r evil thoughts & evil spirits, nat our fellow humans.. Let's ask ourselves if we'll prefer 2 live alone in this country wit out any oda ethnic group? There is beauty in diversity.. Pls ponder on these and remain blessed my brodas..
be very careful and watch your uterances , you want to forgive people that are posting pics of dying children and rejoicing over it , your comapassion is a weakness your enemies will always use against you.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by okunoba(m): 1:02am On Oct 06, 2012
Emotions can be a stumbling block to reason.

Will the stupid, dirty, ugly and intellectually inferior Yorobis(Yorubas) pursue a war against the whole of Nigeria and the great powers of the World? The answer is a big NO, since he his not full of himself and his judgement his not clouded by arrogance nor the believe that he his better and smarter than the rest of his black brothers
The stupid Yoruba knows from his little knowledge of history that no one people can take on the rest of the World in battle and win, never as it been done and I doubt it will ever be done, Hitler tried it and so did Napoleon and both failed.

The Biafran war was a no win situation right from the start, it was suicidal to say the least. Nigeria was able to get the support of almost all the African Countries, the Western powers with the exception of France and the the Soviet Union at a time of the cold war when the west and the Eastern block never supported the same Country, but this time they did support Nigeria. With all the odds stacked against Biafra, why did Ojuwju pursue with this suicidal mission? Arrogance can only be the answer. The believe in your own superiority over us, the slow and retarded people of the federal republic of Nigeria.

In typical Ojuwju arrogance he failed to realize Biafra will need food which normally comes from the North, weapons and medicine which couldn`t be secured without the help of the enemy or the great powers of the time, but when the stupid enemy refused to feed you unless you stopped fighting, you accuse him of genocide, I guess he should feed you so you can continue to fight him. Before going to war one as to think hard and plan well, it`s no joke. But the man was young, ambitious and full of arrogance and believe in the Igbo man`s superiority over the rest of us Nigerians.

May the soul of the innocent victims of that evil war rest in peace

4 Likes

Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by webcalculator(m): 2:55am On Oct 06, 2012
okunoba: Emotions can be a stumbling block to reason.

Will the stupid, dirty, ugly and intellectually inferior Yorobis(Yorubas) pursue a war against the whole of Nigeria and the great powers of the World? The answer is a big NO, since he his not full of himself and his judgement his not clouded by arrogance nor the believe that he his better and smarter than the rest of his black brothers
The stupid Yoruba knows from his little knowledge of history that no one people can take on the rest of the World in battle and win, never as it been done and I doubt it will ever be done, Hitler tried it and so did Napoleon and both failed.

The Biafran war was a no win situation right from the start, it was suicidal to say the least. Nigeria was able to get the support of almost all the African Countries, the Western powers with the exception of France and the the Soviet Union at a time of the cold war when the west and the Eastern block never supported the same Country, but this time they did support Nigeria. With all the odds stacked against Biafra, why did Ojuwju pursue with this suicidal mission? Arrogance can only be the answer. The believe in your own superiority over us, the slow and retarded people of the federal republic of Nigeria.

In typical Ojuwju arrogance he failed to realize Biafra will need food which normally comes from the North, weapons and medicine which couldn`t be secured without the help of the enemy or the great powers of the time, but when the stupid enemy refused to feed you unless you stopped fighting, you accuse him of genocide, I guess he should feed you so you can continue to fight him. Before going to war one as to think hard and plan well, it`s no joke. But the man was young, ambitious and full of arrogance and believe in the Igbo man`s superiority over the rest of us Nigerians.

May the soul of the innocent victims of that evil war rest in peace
Idiotticc utterances. ..mschwe
Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by aljharem(m): 2:58am On Oct 06, 2012
You see igbos are just bitter people. The same people that see yorubas as dirty slaves are the ones asking for help when the north desended on them.

Before the war, they did all in their power to control and subdue these so call yaribas. Then they forgot yorubas were their brothers lol. Sh.it hit fan with their northern brother, then they remembered their dirty low yaribas for help. Even at that, these people still tried to play smart.

These bunch of ingrates still decided to invade, rape and do all sort of things to the so called yorubas they hate to love.

Any Nigerian that trust an Igbo man, goodluck to you. I personally don't trust anyone not to talk of an ethnic group. So play among yourselves, when you are ready to talk politics you know when to find the yorubas.

It's because of the war that igbos now respect the Niger-deltas and Yorubas now and we also respect them.

One last thing, it is nnamdi an Igbo man that sold igbos to Nigeria. So with this fact known, I can't be bothered. I just hope they stay out of yorubas way cuz if you decide to join any group to kill us off like nnamdi did before the war, you know the story. Just respect yourselves and stay out of our business and politics. Chikena last words on this thread. One day monkey will go to market and not return. One day your cups would be full. Fact.

I don't expect Yorubas to argue. Just be watching

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by Nobody: 3:08am On Oct 06, 2012
van bonattel:

Yes, too fast. Do you know how short it is for a young igbo boy to hit his first millions?
industrious, they can invent and manufacture anything. I know an igbo boy that built up to 4 houses of 8 flats with trade in used empty cartons only, talk of creating your own industrial ideas, oh! if only NEPA will give us stable electricity, watch how we can enjoy this country.

Yeah! Keep deceiving yourself. All those people who rob bullion vans, where do you think they come from, and what do you think they do in their spare time, nothing?
Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by cjrane: 3:20am On Oct 06, 2012
What is Babatope? Isn't that the name of a cabin biscuit? grin grin grin
Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by ikooko(m): 4:02am On Oct 06, 2012
bashr8: simple and that weakness and smartness of awolowo is what achebe is exposing so everyone can analyse. if we must move foward then we must stop idolizing evil people and politicians both past and present.
Do you imagine Awo took the advantage at a political rally or at a business meeting? No, he did at wartime. If Ojukwu with his arogancy and penchant for war has such opportunity he will do worst than Awo to achieve biafran republic.
My point is, IF achebe must blame at all, he should start with Ojukwu for not doing his home work thoroughly, afterall Awo wouldn't have taken such decision if there was no war. Do you imagine WAR to be child's play?

1 Like

Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by kunlekunle: 4:28am On Oct 06, 2012
[size=16pt]- Awo’s speech explained.[/size]-
(size=16pt]- The aim of a leader should be the welfare of the people whom he leads.[/size]- I have used 'welfare' to denote the physical, mental and spiritual well-being of the people. With this aim fixed unflinchingly and unchangeably before my eyes I consider it my duty to Yoruba people in particular and to Nigerians in general, to place four imperatives before you this morning.

Self explanatory
Two of them are categorical*.........
Definition: categorical- unambiguously explicit and direct
Simple English- clear
.........and two are conditional*.
Definition: subject to one or more conditions being met. A conditional clause or conjuction
Simple English- uncertain, unless something happens.

(Remember he said 4 imperatives (directions/instructions) and he goes on to name them)
1.Only a peaceful solution must be found to arrest the present worsening stalemate and restore normalcy.
2.The Eastern Region must be encouraged to remain part of the Federation.
3.If the Eastern Region is allowed by acts of omission or commission to secede from or opt out of Nigeria, then the Western Region and Lagos must also stay out of the Federation.
4.The people of Western Nigeria and Lagos should participate in the ad hoc committee or any similar body only on the basis of absolute equality with the other regions of the Federation.

Now he goes on to explain/ give more info on each instruction in his own words, but before we get onto that lets deal with point 3, the main point of contention by wept over modern day adolescent Biafrans.
3.If the Eastern Region is allowed by acts of omission* or commission* to secede from or opt out of Nigeria, then the Western Region and Lagos must also stay out of the Federation.

Definition: an act of omission is a failure to do something
Definiton: an act of commission is doing something
Simple English: If Eastern Nigeria is allowed to leave Nigeria, because of something that was done or not done, then the Western Region and Lagos must also be allowed to leave Nigeria and do what we want.

I would like to comment briefly on these four imperatives.
I said this was coming. He now comments on each one of them in his own words. Here you can better appreciate the meaning of his 4 imperatives.
1.Only a peaceful solution must be found to arrest the present worsening stalemate and restore normalcy.
There has, of late, been a good deal of sabre rattling in some parts of the country. Those who advocate the use force for the settlement of our present problems should stop a little and reflect. I can see no vital and abiding principle involved in any war between the North and the East. If the East attacked the North, it would be for purpose of revenge pure and simple. Any claim to the contrary would be untenable. If it is claimed that such a war is being waged for the purpose of recovering the real and personal properties left behind in the North by Easterners two insuperable points are obvious. Firstly, the personal effects left behind by Easterners have been wholly looted or destroyed, and can no longer be physically recovered. Secondly, since the real properties are immovable in case of recovery of them can only be by means of forcible military occupation of those parts of the North in which these properties are situated. On the other hand, if the North attacked the East, it could only be for the purpose of further strengthening and entrenching its position of dominance in the country.
If it is claimed that an attack on the East is going to be launched by the Federal Government and not by the North as such and that it is designed to ensure the unity and integrity of the Federation, two other insuperable points also become obvious. First, if a war against the East becomes a necessity it must be agreed to unanimously by the remaining units of the Federation. In this connection, the West, Mid- West and Lagos have declared their implacable* (overwhelming/unquestionable) opposition to the use of force in solving the present problem. In the face of such declarations by three out of remaining four territories of Nigeria, a war against the East could only be a war favoured by the North alone. Second, if the true purpose of such a war is to preserve the unity and integrity of the Federation, then these ends can be achieved by the very simple devices of implementing the recommendation of the committee which met on August 9 1966, as reaffirmed by a decision of the military leaders at Aburi on January 5 1967 as well as by accepting such of the demands of the East, West, Mid-West and Lagos as are manifestly reasonable, and essential for assuring harmonious relationships and peaceful co-existence between them and their brothers and sisters in the North.
Some knowledgeable persons have likened an attack on the East to Lincoln's war against the southern states in America. Two vital factors distinguish Lincoln's campaign from the one now being contemplated in Nigeria. The first is that the American civil war was aimed at the abolition of slavery - that is the liberation of millions of Negroes who were then still being used as chattels and worse than domestic animals. The second factor is that Lincoln and others in the northern states were English-speaking people waging a war of good conscience and humanity against their fellow nationals who were also English speaking. A war against the East in which Northern soldiers are predominant, will only unite the Easterners or the Ibos against their attackers, strengthen them in their belief that they are not wanted by the majority of their fellow-Nigerians, and finally push them out of the Federation.
We have been told that an act of secession on the part of the East would be a signal, in the first instance, for the creation of the COR state by decree, which would be backed, if need be, by the use of force. With great respect, I have some dissenting observations to make on this declaration. There are 11 national or linguistic groups in the COR areas with a total population of 5.3 millions. These national groups are as distinct from one another as the Ibos are distinct from them or from the Yorubas or Hausas. Of the 11, the Efik/Ibibio/Annang national group are 3.2 million strong as against the Ijaws who are only about 700,000 strong. Ostensibly, the remaining nine national group number 1.4 millions. But when you have subtracted the Ibo inhabitants from among them, what is left ranges from the Ngennis who number only 8,000 to the Ogonis who are 220,000 strong. A decree creating a COR state without a plebiscite to ascertain the wishes of the peoples in the area, would only amount to subordinating the minority national groups in the state to the dominance of the Efik/Ibibio/Annang national group. It would be perfectly in order to create a Calabar state or a Rivers state by decree, and without a plebiscite. Each is a homogeneous national unit. But before you lump distinct and diverse national units together in one state, the consent of each of them is indispensable. Otherwise, the seed of social disequilibrium in the new state would have been sown.
On the other hand, if the COR State is created by decree after the Eastern Region shall have made its severance from Nigeria effective, we should then be waging an unjust war against a foreign state. It would be an unjust war, because the purpose of it would be to remove 10 minorities in the East from the dominance of the Ibos only to subordinate them to the dominance of the Efik/Ibibio/Annang national group. I think I have said enough to demonstrate that any war against the East[u], or vice versa,[/u] on any count whatsoever, would be an unholy crusade, for which it would be most unjustifiable to shed a drop of Nigerian blood.

It’s funny how our NL Biafran soldiers love to quote this part but never deal with the vice versa part.
Definiton: with the main items in the preceding statement the other way round.
Simple English: “I think I have said enough to say that any war againt Nigeria (obviously by Biafra or any of it’s allies), on any count whatsoever, would be an unholy crusade, for which it would be unjustifiable to shed a dropo of Nigerian blood (Nigerian blood in both statements includes everyone).
Therefore, only a peaceful solution must be found, and quickly too to arrest the present rapidly deteriorating stalemate and restore normalcy.

2.The Eastern Region must be encouraged to remain part of the Federation.
With regard to the second categorical imperative, it is my considered view that whilst some of the demands of the East are excessive within the context of a Nigerian union, most of such demands are not only wellfounded, but are designed for smooth and steady association amongst the various national units of Nigeria.
The dependence of the Federal Government on financial contributions from the regions? These and other such like demands I do not support. Demands such as these, if accepted, will lead surely to the complete disintegration of the Federation which is not in the interest of our people. But I wholeheartedly support the following demands among others, which we consider reasonable and most of which are already embodied in our memoranda to the Ad Hoc Committee....
That revenue should be allocated strictly on the basis of derivation; that is to say after the Federal Government has deducted its own share for its own services the rest should be allocated to the regions to which they are attributable.
That the existing public debt of the Federation should become the responsibility of the regions on the basis of the location of the projects in respect of each debt whether internal or external.

That each region should have and control its own militia and police force.

That, with immediate effect, all military personnel should be posted to their regions of origin....

If we are to live in harmony one with another as Nigerians it is imperative that these demands and others which are not related, should be met without further delay by those who have hitherto resisted them. To those who may argue that the acceptance of these demands will amount to transforming Nigeria into a federation with a weak central government, my comment is that any link however tenuous, which keeps the East in the Nigerian union, is better in my view than no link at all. (This is from a man who supposedly hates the Igbos with Hitleric passion, may God forgive )

3.If the Eastern Region is allowed by acts of omission or commission to secede from or opt out of Nigeria, then the Western Region and Lagos must also stay out of the Federation.
Before the Western delegates went to Lagos to attend the meetings of the ad hoc committee, they were given a clear mandate that if any region should opt out of the Federation of Nigeria, then the Federation! should be considered to be at an end, and that the Western Region and Lagos should also opt out of it. It would then be up to Western Nigeria and Lagos as an independent sovereign state to enter into association with any of the Nigerian units of its own choosing, and on terms mutually acceptable to them. I see no reason for departing from this mandate. If any region in Nigeria considers itself strong enough to compel us to enter into association with it on its own terms, I would only wish such a region luck. But such luck, I must warn, will, in the long run be no better than that which has attended the doings of all colonial powers down the ages. This much I must say in addition, on this point. We have neither military might nor the overwhelming advantage of numbers here in Western Nigeria and Lagos. But we have justice of a noble and imperishable cause on our side, namely: the right of a people to unfettered self-determination. If this is so, then God is on our side, and if God is with us then we have nothing whatsoever in this world to fear.

4.The people of Western Nigeria and Lagos should participate in the ad hoc committee or any similar body only on the basis of absolute equality with the other regions of the Federation.
The fourth imperative, and the second conditional one has been fully dealt with in my recent letter to the Military Governor of Western Nigeria, Col. Robert Adebayo, and in the representation which your deputation made last year to the head of the Federal Military Government, Lt. Col. Yakubu Gowon. As a matter of fact, as far back as November last year a smaller meeting of leaders of thought in this Region decided that unless certain things were done, we would no longer participate in the meeting of the ad hoc committee. But since then, not even one of our legitimate requests has been granted. I q, therefore, take no more of your time in making further comments on a point with which you are well familiar. As soon as our humble and earnest requests are met, I shall be ready to take my place on the ad hoc committee. But certainly, not before.

And finally
In closing, I have this piece of advice to give. In order to resolve amiably and in the best interests of all Nigerians certain attributes are required on the part of Nigerian leaders, military as well as non-military leaders alike, namely: vision, realism and unselfishness. [i](all things you showed Baba, God will continue to bless your memory)[/i]But above all , what will keep Nigerian leaders in the North and East unwaveringly in the path of wisdom, realism and moderation is courage and steadfastness on the part of Yoruba people in the course of what they sincerely believe to be right, equitable and just. In the past five years we in the West and Lagos have shown that we possess these qualities in a large measure. If we demonstrate them again as we did in the past, calmly and heroically, we will save Nigeria from further bloodshed and imminent wreck and, at the same time, preserve our freedom and self-respect into the bargain.

May God rule and guide our deliberations here, and endow all the Nigerian leaders with the vision, realism, and unselfishness as well as courage and steadfastness in the course of truth, which the present circumstances demand. "

[
Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by Onlytruth(m): 4:51am On Oct 06, 2012
The GREAT Chinuanulumogu (translated: May God fight for me) Achebe is a WORLD renowned writer,historian and philosopher. His opinion is respected WORLDWIDE.
Truth has found a gigantic ally! cool

1 Like

Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by ikooko(m): 4:54am On Oct 06, 2012
realborn: Shocking inappropriate comments pals.

Irrespective of what Achebe has said, we can exude our intellectual girth without the tantrums and tribalized opinions.

Whilst I concur that the highly respected Prof Achebe should not cast aspersions overtly or covertly at the legendary Papa Awolowo, I however would not be quick to derogate his hard earned reputation on the platform of utterances credited to him on this subject. Astute and civil arguments are in order, but hateful and distasteful word daggers are unnecessary
That is my disappointment with prof. Even if his intension is noble the approach is flawed. In the first instance every actor in the war should be properly appraised before passing blames, and secondly there are better approaches to addressing such national issues by an elder stateman.
Well Pa Awolowo's actions was inevitable during the war and by his antecedent I have no doubt that he would have apologized to igbo people if he were still alive today but I have not read anywhere that Ojukwu accepted and apologized to his people for leading them to the war he knew he can't win despite that he lived several years after the war.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by Onlytruth(m): 4:57am On Oct 06, 2012
alj harem: You see igbos are just bitter people. The same people that see yorubas as dirty slaves are the ones asking for help when the north desended on them.

Before the war, they did all in their power to control and subdue these so call yaribas. Then they forgot yorubas were their brothers lol. Sh.it hit fan with their northern brother, then they remembered their dirty low yaribas for help. Even at that, these people still tried to play smart.

These bunch of ingrates still decided to invade, rape and do all sort of things to the so called yorubas they hate to love.

Any Nigerian that trust an Igbo man, goodluck to you. I personally don't trust anyone not to talk of an ethnic group. So play among yourselves, when you are ready to talk politics you know when to find the yorubas.

It's because of the war that igbos now respect the Niger-deltas and Yorubas now and we also respect them.

One last thing, it is nnamdi an Igbo man that sold igbos to Nigeria. So with this fact known, I can't be bothered. I just hope they stay out of yorubas way cuz if you decide to join any group to kill us off like nnamdi did before the war, you know the story. Just respect yourselves and stay out of our business and politics. Chikena last words on this thread. One day monkey will go to market and not return. One day your cups would be full. Fact.

I don't expect Yorubas to argue. Just be watching

Mister man sharap dia! Ndigbo don't really argue, honest to God! undecided Achebe was not arguing with anyone when he wrote his memoir.
Most of Igbo arguing with you online are those with time on their hands.
Majority of NdiIgbo are very busy, and have already made up their minds about what happened (like Achebe). They are also ready for anyone in Nigeria.
For the first time in many years, Ndigbo have decided to return from unproductive parts of Nigeria like the North and have settled in the East more.
Only foolish Igbo still invest in Lagos, but even those are the ones ready to give you the fight of your lives should you try any nonsense in Lagos. wink
Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by CyberG: 5:08am On Oct 06, 2012
Achebe better stay in the US forever an English teacher because the day he steps in Nigeria will be trouble. He better not fly in to Lagos because someone will challenge him or even slap him. Better to fly direct to his dead biafra dream and never come out again. Just an advice for a bitter tribalistic old man.
Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by CyberG: 5:11am On Oct 06, 2012
Onlytruth: The GREAT Chinuanulumogu (translated: May God fight for me) Achebe is a WORLD renowned writer,historian and philosopher. His opinion is respected WORLDWIDE.
Truth has found a gigantic ally! cool

Achebe is a racist tribalist bitter old English teacher. Achebe better stay in the US forever an English teacher because the day he steps in Nigeria will be trouble. He better not fly in to Lagos because someone will challenge him or even slap him. Better to fly direct to his dead biafra dream and never come out again. Just an advice for a bitter tribalistic old man.
Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by ikooko(m): 5:13am On Oct 06, 2012
Onlytruth:

Mister man sharap dia! Ndigbo don't really argue, honest to God! undecided Achebe was not arguing with anyone when he wrote his memoir.
Most of Igbo arguing with you online are those with time on their hands.
Majority of NdiIgbo are very busy, and have already made up their minds about what happened (like Achebe). They are also ready for anyone in Nigeria.
For the first time in many years, Ndigbo have decided to return from unproductive parts of Nigeria like the North and have settled in the East more.
Only foolish Igbo still invest in Lagos, but even those are the ones ready to give you the fight of your lives should you try any nonsense in Lagos. wink
Am sure you have read many accounts of the biafran war yet you fail to realize you don't stay in your enemy's territory and still run your mouth. Given the present situation, no wise igboman will attempt any territorial fight in lagos. Besides Fashola has a legal way of resettling you back to your state.
I just hope you have changed your car's plate number to start with before lastma start arresting you.
Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by CyberG: 5:14am On Oct 06, 2012
Mr. Globe:

you are an iddiiott! what do you want to be his claim to fame? what is you or anybody in your generation's claim.

I wirhdrew from this thread because babatope is running mad. I cant analyse a mad mans statement. great awo my black azz

Chief Awolowo was a renowned lawyer, eminent politian, legendary leader with the vision of a collosus. Achebe was just an ordinary bitter racist English teacher. Nothing more! Let him go and lead his dream biafara to another war....lol
Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by Onlytruth(m): 5:17am On Oct 06, 2012
ikooko:
Am sure you have read many accounts of the biafran war yet you fail to realize you don't stay in your enemy's territory and still run your mouth. Given the present situation, no wise igboman will attempt any territorial fight in lagos. Besides Fashola has a legal way of resettling you back to your state.
I just hope you have changed your car's plate number to start with before lastma start arresting you.

Your governor is just a mere coward. Typical.
He couldn't find the balls to go after the people he intended. He had to pu.ssy-foot around.
I wonder why you people keep telling us that we are surrounded in lagos and cannot fight you there. What is stopping you from starting the war there?
Umu anumanu. wink
Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by DuduNegro: 5:17am On Oct 06, 2012
CyberG: Achebe better stay in the US forever an English teacher because the day he steps in Nigeria will be trouble. He better not fly in to Lagos because someone will challenge him or even slap him. Better to fly direct to his dead biafra dream and never come out again. Just an advice for a bitter tribalistic old man.

He is waiting up there in USA praying and hoping for a nobel prize that may never come. Ibos are lobbying for him. I wonder which of his works merits a nobel prize.
Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by CyberG: 5:18am On Oct 06, 2012
ikooko:

Let iboz start their madness again and this time, they will. It be allowed to surrender in battle. You cannot waste Nigerias time in a stupid venture you can't win. OnlyLIES and the houses he dreams about in Lagos will only exist up his blac as.s then.
Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by Onlytruth(m): 5:18am On Oct 06, 2012
CyberG:

Achebe is a racist tribalist bitter old English teacher. Achebe better stay in the US forever an English teacher because the day he steps in Nigeria will be trouble. He better not fly in to Lagos because someone will challenge him or even slap him. Better to fly direct to his dead biafra dream and never come out again. Just an advice for a bitter tribalistic old man.

Ranting of an ant! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by asha80(m): 5:20am On Oct 06, 2012
mehn it seems lots of yorubas are really riled up by what achebe wrote.newspaper forums,blogs man everywhere shocked.abeg make una relax before una go burst una viens oooo
Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by Onlytruth(m): 5:21am On Oct 06, 2012
CyberG:

Let iboz start their madness again and this time, they will. It be allowed to surrender in battle. You cannot waste Nigerias time in a stupid venture you can't win. OnlyLIES and the houses he dreams about in Lagos will only exist up his blac as.s then.

Do you people even think that you will EVER have absolute control of Lagos again?
Nna I can't stop laughing, walahi.
The Nigerian nation is protecting you idiots a whole lot.
If Nigeria ever disintegrates, then you will come face to face with the truth.
Pray that Nigeria never disintegrates.
Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by CyberG: 5:34am On Oct 06, 2012
Onlytruth:

Do you people even think that you will EVER have absolute control of Lagos again?
Nna I can't stop laughing, walahi.
The Nigerian nation is protecting you idiots a whole lot.
If Nigeria ever disintegrates, then you will come face to face with the truth.
Pray that Nigeria never disintegrates.

Didn't Fashola just dumbed iboz reptiles in Anambra last week and you were all moaning? That prayer is for you because if Nigeria breaks up, you will have to bring all iboz to Lagos to fight a war in which they will all certainly be killed before they even reach Ore. Adekunle anyone??
Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by Onlytruth(m): 5:53am On Oct 06, 2012
CyberG:

Didn't Fashola just dumbed iboz reptiles in Anambra last week and you were all moaning? That prayer is for you because if Nigeria breaks up, you will have to bring all iboz to Lagos to fight a war in which they will all certainly be killed before they even reach Ore. Adekunle anyone??

Your coward governor rounded up mainly Eastern non-Igbo lunatics and beggers and dumped them at the Eastern gateway Onitsha.
Tomorrow you idiiots would start telling us that the East is not one.
Tell him to stop tiptoeing around and go for what he has in mind. Let's see how he pulls it off.
BTW he has sent away more yoruba than easterners.
You have a dog eat dog culture. Live with it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Few Pictures Of Die-hard Biafrans. / 4 Shocking Findings About Buhari: / Tribunal Upholds Governor Okowa’s Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.