Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,211 members, 7,815,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe (7446 Views)

Jonathan Not A Corrupt Leader – Ebenezer Babatope / Jonathan won’t contest in 2019 – Babatope / Stop Antagonizing Jonathan's government, Ebenezer Babatope Tells Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by aspabay(m): 9:07am On Oct 06, 2012
PointB:

The truth that Awo is genocidal fvcktard is indeed bitter. Achebe has hit the bulls eye with a simple truth, and it's in print! Eat your heart out!

I'm not surprised at your comments. Indeed hatred for the Victor by Vanquished runs in the ibo blood and unfortunately has become hereditary. You fight a war and accuse your opponent of using a tactic to defeat you, do you have brains at all?
In the civil war, we know the victors and the vanquished, and they won't keep their mouths from running, keep licking your wounds, onye ara ℓ☺ℓ ℓ☺ℓ ℓ☺ℓ

1 Like

Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by 4chi: 9:08am On Oct 06, 2012
Achebe the cripple has always been a bloody bigot just like the majority of his kinsmen.he was so envious of woke Soyinka's Nobel prize that he opened his wide ugly mouth to say that the Nobel does not make Wole the "asiwaju" of Nigerian writers. When Awo died, he made the ONLY negative comment about the sage even when the likes of ojukwu did not. No wonder karma caught up with him and made him a lonely cripple living in exile and filled with so much bitterness... Oloshi eda. Aro lasan lasan. And WTF in the silly beret the mofo is always wearing?

4 Likes

Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by webcalculator(m): 9:09am On Oct 06, 2012
wellmax: Achebe, unrepentant tribalist. You can't match Awo's record. Awo in his short life achieved and will be remembered more than you.
Awo is known only in nigeria, Achebe is an international author; well known and respected. Google "there was a country a review" what you will see will convince you that Achebe has achieved far better than Awo(toad).

1 Like

Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by webcalculator(m): 9:10am On Oct 06, 2012
wellmax: Achebe, unrepentant tribalist. You can't match Awo's record. Awo in his short life achieved and will be remembered more than you.
Awo is known only in nigeria, mostly in the west, Achebe is an international author; well known and respected. Google "there was a country a review", what you will see will convince you that Achebe has achieved far better than Awo(toad).
Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by webcalculator(m): 9:11am On Oct 06, 2012
Awo is known only in nigeria, mostly in the west, Achebe is an international author; well known and respected. Google "there was a country a review", what you will see will convince you that Achebe has achieved far more than Awo(toad).
Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by wellmax(m): 9:11am On Oct 06, 2012
I won't join this mess and tribal war for the sake of my children. I'm yoruba and I'm married to a ibo lady and I love my family.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by sheyguy: 9:12am On Oct 06, 2012
PointB:

It is because you lots were tribalists from onset, that is why you stup1dily view wetie wetie (Wild Wild West) crisis that engulfed Nigeria then with primordial clannish bigotry. Nzeogwu acted to save Nigeria from the calamity the that was brewing in it. It is idiocy to see it as a SW thing. Nzeogwu saw it as a Nigeria problem, and Nzeogwu was from the Midwest (at that time) olodo!
You are a clown PointB, you called it Wild Wild West crisis, and yet it was a Nigerian problem. . . It even engulfed the whole Nigeria, well that's because a particular section from the whole Nigeria decided to get involve in Wild Wild West's Operation Wetie.
Nzeogwu was assumed a Mid-Westerner but was mainly celebrated by his eastern region kinsmen who profited solely from his act . . .
Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by aspabay(m): 9:17am On Oct 06, 2012
webcalculator:
Awo is known only in nigeria, mostly in the west, Achebe is an international author; well known and respected. Google "there was a country a review", what you will see will convince you that Achebe has achieved far better than Awo(toad).

If you say Awo is only known in Naija, then there is no point arguing with you. Olodo!!!
If you are bereft of information, learn τ̅☺ use the internet. Isi ewu
Achieved more you say? ℓ☺ℓ ℓ☺ℓ. By the time Awo died, who's Achebe? Now you are comparing who's better known. I see you are a young boy, underage, still exhibiting childishness, go and study history Äπϑ you'll understand better.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by Ngodigha: 9:36am On Oct 06, 2012
wellmax: I won't join this mess and tribal war for the sake of my children. I'm yoruba and I'm married to a ibo lady and I love my family.
Is there anything wrong why you people don't marry your smelly women?. Is it because of their smelly cuntt.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by Smooyis(m): 9:47am On Oct 06, 2012
Biko, lets put our tribal differences apart and move forward. Awolowo was a great and brilliant leader to us in nigeria especially in the south west. Are the igbo leaders better than him? The igbos could have done worst to the yorubas if they were in awolowo shoes. Take it or leave! So lets forget thimgs of yesteryear that keep us unhappy and divided, and focus on the future we wish for ourselves and our children.Biko, lets put our tribal differences apart and move forward. Awolowo was a great and brilliant leader to us in nigeria especially in the south west. Are the igbo leaders better than him? The igbos could have done worst to the yorubas if they were in awolowo shoes. Take it or leave! So lets forget thimgs of yesteryear that keep us unhappy and divided, and focus on the future we wish for ourselves and our children.Biko, lets put our tribal differences apart and move forward. Awolowo was a great and brilliant leader to us in nigeria especially in the south west. Are the igbo leaders better than him? The igbos could have done worst to the yorubas if they were in awolowo shoes. Take it or leave! So lets forget thimgs of yesteryear that keep us unhappy and divided, and focus on the future we wish for ourselves and our children.
Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by demmy(m): 9:49am On Oct 06, 2012
aspabay:

If you say Awo is only known in Naija, then there is no point arguing with you. Olodo!!!
If you are bereft of information, learn τ̅☺ use the internet. Isi ewu
Achieved more you say? ℓ☺ℓ ℓ☺ℓ. By the time Awo died, who's Achebe? Now you are comparing who's better known. I see you are a young boy, underage, still exhibiting childishness, go and study history Äπϑ you'll understand better.

Don't mind olodo oloju-eja. He is comparing giant to dwarf.
Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by Ngodigha: 9:58am On Oct 06, 2012
4chi: Achebe the cripple has always been a bloody bigot just like the majority of his kinsmen.he was so envious of woke Soyinka's Nobel prize that he opened his wide ugly mouth to say that the Nobel does not make Wole the "asiwaju" of Nigerian writers. When Awo died, he made the ONLY negative comment about the sage even when the likes of ojukwu did not. No wonder karma caught up with him and made him a lonely cripple living in exile and filled with so much bitterness... Oloshi eda. Aro lasan lasan. And WTF in the silly beret the mofo is always wearing?
Monkey, shut up. Prof Achebe has not lied in his memoirs. Why can't all this Yorugba fools come up here and show us how Achebe lied. Awo's £20 measure after the war was criminal and his war policies should make the INT COURT OF JUSTICE try the eediot post humoursly.
Thang God, the world now knows about Awo and for the wrong reason. What a killer.
Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by WilyWily5: 10:27am On Oct 06, 2012
I have never seen this kind of reaction before from Yorubas big and small, Never knew Achebe words are soo powerful.
Achebe don finish Awolowo,
Awolowo will be known and studied all over the world as a War criminal that escape justice, i pity him and his wife H.I.D.
He is the first indicted war criminal of Biafra/Nigeria War that escape justice,

1 Like

Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by aspabay(m): 10:54am On Oct 06, 2012
Ngodigha:
Is there anything wrong why you people don't marry your smelly women?. Is it because of their smelly cuntt.

Hahaha, maybe you should tell your women to stop prostituting and running after our men.
But seriously, why are Ibo girls avoiding Igbo men.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by vislabraye(m): 10:55am On Oct 06, 2012
Tribalism has come to stay in Nigeria. Achebe has his opinion.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by aspabay(m): 10:59am On Oct 06, 2012
; D grin hahahaha see Igbo boys blabbing.
If Awo is guilty of war crimes, take him to ICC and show case your stvpidity to the whole world.
Muumuus. Achebe is just jealous and painfully he's going down shamefully.
Achebe probably doesn't know what it means to be an elder.
Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by nku5: 11:08am On Oct 06, 2012
Guy, you have a persecution complex. Do you actually believe the poison you try to spin. Saying "igbos were trying to subdue yorubas before the war" and "igbos killed and raped" .

alj harem: You see igbos are just bitter people. The same people that see yorubas as dirty slaves are the ones asking for help when the north desended on them.

Before the war, they did all in their power to control and subdue these so call yaribas. Then they forgot yorubas were their brothers lol. Sh.it hit fan with their northern brother, then they remembered their dirty low yaribas for help. Even at that, these people still tried to play smart.

These bunch of ingrates still decided to invade, rape and do all sort of things to the so called yorubas they hate to love.

Any Nigerian that trust an Igbo man, goodluck to you. I personally don't trust anyone not to talk of an ethnic group. So play among yourselves, when you are ready to talk politics you know when to find the yorubas.

It's because of the war that igbos now respect the Niger-deltas and Yorubas now and we also respect them.

One last thing, it is nnamdi an Igbo man that sold igbos to Nigeria. So with this fact known, I can't be bothered. I just hope they stay out of yorubas way cuz if you decide to join any group to kill us off like nnamdi did before the war, you know the story. Just respect yourselves and stay out of our business and politics. Chikena last words on this thread. One day monkey will go to market and not return. One day your cups would be full. Fact.

I don't expect Yorubas to argue. Just be watching
Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by aspabay(m): 11:09am On Oct 06, 2012
If Achebe is dreaming of a Nobel prize, then he's got to be competing with Basket mouth.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 06, 2012
Very true about Awolowo, the man's ambition drove him †☺ his destruction but not after destroying so many others.

It Iڪ this same Awolowo that changed the title of 'olu of itsekiri' †☺ 'olu of warri'. This change Iڪ one of the reasons warri became very violent in the 90's Ǎ̜̣̍Ϟd the city economic activities crippled f̶̲̥̅̊☺я years. Even till date, most of the oil companies that fled †☺ Lagos have not returned.

There Iڪ nothing the yoruba people have †☺ say on this issue.
Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by WilyWily5: 11:27am On Oct 06, 2012
Nigeria: OPC Threat: I'm Battle Ready, Says Dokubo-Asari

Tagged: Arms and Armies, Conflict, Conflict, Nigeria, West Africa
By Tony Ita Etim, 22 March 2005Comment

Port Harcourt — ETHNIC crisis is looming in the country as leader of the Niger Delta People Volunteer Force (NDVF), Alhaji Mujahid Dokubo-Asari, yesterday directed his kinsmen, the Ijaw, to retaliate if any Yoruba attack them. He also threatened that thousands of Yourba souls "will go" if the Ijaw are attacked.

The directive is coming on the heels of reactions trailing Dokubo-Asari's reported remarks that the late Yoruba sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, was a devil.

Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by teecuzy(m): 11:29am On Oct 06, 2012
Chief Obafemi Awolowo had allegience with Nigeria not Biafra, when Gen O. Ojukwu decided to secede did he make a pact or did he seek allegance with the yorubas or Awo himself, were the yoruba supposed to be part of the Biafran nation? He believes Biafra could successfully pull the trick of secession. Awo gave the FRN intelligent strategies to squash Biafra, Ojukwu had the freedom to surrender as a respected man of valour he didn't, so no-one can blame Awo or the yorubas for causing the death of 2millin Biafrans. If Biafrans have a problem with anybody its not the yorubas, its the FRN or the Biafran leader. Yorubas owe Biafrans no allegiance because we were not interested in secession. Awo did what a loyal citizen of his country is expected to do: made sure FRN cut the supply of food and gave FRN the strategies of countering land mines with herds of cow. I see no wrong in what he has done. Now for honourable literary giant to poke is finger in a national hero's eyeball, is very disturbing for me because I have great respect for Achebe but I am very dissappointed.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by MrGlobe(m): 11:45am On Oct 06, 2012
CyberG:

Chief Awolowo was a renowned lawyer, eminent politian, legendary leader with the vision of a collosus. Achebe was just an ordinary bitter racist English teacher. Nothing more! Let him go and lead his dream biafara to another war....lol

comparing apples and baloons.
Achebe is worldwide phenomenon while Awolowo is an opportunist nonentity outside yorrober land who died of apparent suicide from intentionally drinking rat poison.

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by MrGlobe(m): 11:50am On Oct 06, 2012
aspabay: If Achebe is dreaming of a Nobel prize, then he's got to be competing with Basket mouth.
Another yorrobber fraud always trying to cornily get something. Nobel prize needs Achebe to legitimize their award not the other way round.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by T9ksy(m): 11:55am On Oct 06, 2012
nku5: Guy, you have a persecution complex. Do you actually believe the poison you try to spin. Saying "igbos were trying to subdue yorubas before the war" and "igbos killed and raped" .

So what would you consider the attempt by an ibo man (Zik) to preside over the affairs of the yorubas, in yorubaland, to be?

Bearing in mind that this is the same man, who in 1949 as the head of the ibo union made the following assertion:

. . . it would appear that the God of Africa has specially created
the Igbo nation to lead the children from the bondage of the
ages.. , The marital prowess of the Ibo nation at all stages of
human history has enabled them not only to conquer others

but also to adapt themselves to the role of preserver. The
Igbo nation cannot shrink its responsibility. *"

So wtf was Zik, and by extension his ibo people intending to conquer, then? Certainly not the yorubas living on their own

ancestral land? However, if the ibos still wants to give it another go despite all that had transpired between the two major southern groups

then, no shaking. Just be prepared for the lengths the yorubas will go to, to maintain the geographical integrity of their fatherland.

War is not an old lady's tea party.
Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by aspabay(m): 12:09pm On Oct 06, 2012
1.Obafemi Awolowo has no equal when intellectual sagacity is the yardstick amidst his political equals..the strenght nd the relevance of his ideas are testimony to that fact.
2. That all is fair in War and in war u dont dily daly with foes...
3..That the actions of awo during the civil war were carried out as is role as Minister of finance and vice chairman of federal executive council of Nigeria not BIAFARA.
4. That when ojukwu either rightly or wrongly declare a new country,Gowon is bound by law and d constitution to fight against that,
5. That the fact we as a people...yorubas did not support the war is not a crime.
6. Any attempt to denigrate history or Awolowo by anybody is uncalled for at this time of our life.
7. Though to me achebe aired and showed his inherent hatred for Awolowo as a person and yorubas as a people those not merit we rubbishing his works nd his personality as a person...
8. That as long as i blv chinua achebe is entitled to his opinion and how he choose to interprete historical thats hence we av d rite to reply am.
9. Am not suprised at this debate cos Awo remains the most talked about man in nigeria long after his death..He is not and never claimd to be a saint..He is an unusual man,He was was an idealist,philosopher,journalist,lawyer,innovator...that no public adminstrator living or dead as equalef him in d briillancy of his ideas tii date

1 Like

Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by teecuzy(m): 12:12pm On Oct 06, 2012
So unreasonable, such a slowpoke alongside with your bigot likers...I can't even finish reading your rubbish, talking trash, you be dustbin?....
Ikengawo:

Igbos respect Hausas because the Hausa people like the Igbo people have heart. If the hausa man love you, you must know it. If the Hausa man hates you, you must know it. They open, honest, and clear about their objective and who they are. If they're against us and we're against them it's a clear and open fight and everyone acts based of bravery.

now assess the yoruba
when Awolowo was plotting to use dying children as a method to win a war, we as also saying that if nigeria lost the yoruba would secede as well. If hausas are attacking christians, christian yorubas are the ones telling them which homes to attack. When NIgeria was splitting during biafra, they didn't assist the hausa until they felt they were 'attacked' and now, despite announcing they're ready to wait for Igbo bravery to me the determining factor of their future in nigeria, they're claiming they were for one nigeria the whole time when in reality they weren't.

They're also crabs in a bucket. If you put crabs in a bucket and one starts to climb out, on at the bottom will pull him down in his attempt to try and climb as well. They'll pinch and crawl on each other until they're all cooked and killed by the person that put them in that bucket.

Why did Awolowo feel the best way to advance you Yoruba was in killing and disenfranchising the igbos? Why did Abiola feel the best way to advance his political career was in funding the same military that killed and jailed almost the entire yoruba intelligensia? Why do these people see the sneaking around to destroy others meanwhile never taking on the fight as their means of advancing?

And this is just nigeria, when they're left on their own they begin tearing each other apart. Yoruba becomes Oyo V Ife V whatever other denomination they can find. This is why the Bini, one single tiny minority, was able to conquer all of yoruba land. This is why the fulani jihadist were able to conquer half of yoruba land, this is the exact situation the british saw and documented when they were conquering yoruba land. A bunch of 'leaders' tearing each other down, making sure nobody out succeeded them meanwhile not succeeding what so ever.

So no go back and look at the condition the Yoruba are in. No igbo village will every be as backwards and dilapidated as a Yoruba village and we were almost pushed into extinction. No igbo man lives as pitifully as the yoruba in Makoko. The Yoruba are on the street begging with the Hausa. So like the crabs in the bucket where has your treachery taken you? No where. I can list thousands of igbos effecting the world right now and Yoruba will list Obas that physically fight each other and politicians as their 'leaders' and defend this crabs till the death without having the courage to fight.
The fact remains, the crabs in a bucket mentality isn't strong enough to hold back the Igbo race. Jonathan is president as we wished, We're in Nasa, We're the worlds best scientists, we're the worlds best writers, we're the executive of the NY stock exchange, we've surpassed hollywood, we've surpassed Nigeria, we're crawled out of the bucket.

Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by OmoLisabi(m): 12:14pm On Oct 06, 2012
[size=30pt]Achebe is nothing but a good for nothing old and senile agbaya. Ediots like him deserve no respect.
Anyway, it is part of Ibos culture to try and start wars they can not win.
Bloody Ediot Achebe is.
Achebe my foot!!!!!!![/size]
Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by demmy(m): 12:14pm On Oct 06, 2012
Mr. Globe:

Another yorrobber fraud always trying to cornily get something. Nobel prize needs Achebe to legitimize their award not the other way round.

Typical yigbo fantasy and empty boasting.

Soyinka, a Yoruba, is in the midst of literary giants like Naipaul, TS Eliot, Hemmingway, Morrison, Beckett, Sartre, Churchill, Russell, Faulkner, Yeats and Kipling.

Where is Achebe? On self imposed exile spewing hatred and bigotry.
Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by OmoLisabi(m): 12:19pm On Oct 06, 2012
blink182: Very true about Awolowo, the man's ambition drove him †☺ his destruction but not after destroying so many others.

It Iڪ this same Awolowo that changed the title of 'olu of itsekiri' †☺ 'olu of warri'. This change Iڪ one of the reasons warri became very violent in the 90's Ǎ̜̣̍Ϟd the city economic activities crippled f̶̲̥̅̊☺я years. Even till date, most of the oil companies that fled †☺ Lagos have not returned.

There Iڪ nothing the yoruba people have †☺ say on this issue.
This is nothing bt a dumb conclusion!!!
Did you have brains at LL?
Ediot
Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by dayokanu(m): 12:19pm On Oct 06, 2012
I only laugh at Yorubas who view Igbos as human.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by MrGlobe(m): 12:27pm On Oct 06, 2012
demmy: Typical yigbo fantasy and empty boasting.

Soyinka, a Yoruba, is in the midst of literary giants like Naipaul, TS Eliot, Hemmingway, Morrison, Beckett, Sartre, Churchill, Russell, Faulkner, Yeats and Kipling.

Where is Achebe? On self imposed exile spewing hatred and bigotry.
Am not one to diminish Wole Soyinka's world achievements, respect and intellect. (the greatest and few yoruba man with sense). I will not also be the one to take you through achebe's world achievements, respect and intellect (in your deceit)

Am only particular about that rogue, opportunist, felon, mass and self muderer Awolowo. Who will go down history as the singularly most overrated man in the world by a singular tribe.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by teecuzy(m): 12:54pm On Oct 06, 2012
Some Igbos started the history of betrayal in this country:
1. The first Military coup: all other tribes killed their representatives, some igbos did not kill any of the rep, Hausa lost their great heroes like Tafawa Balewa, Ahmadu Bello, yoruba lost Akintola and some other people, some Igbos due to their 'smartness' informed Zik and co. about the coup and they fled. Till today that is why some Hausas seriously hate most igbos till date. When Hausa's saw that the coup favoured Igbos, and that Igbos didn't lose anything and they even gained presidency! that was when Gen Aguiyi ironsi was killed and a yoruba man died defending Aguiyi's life.
2. Awolowo was eyeing presidency:
Zik saw that Awo has great prospects (pioneer in development), Zik gave his allegiance to the north to defeat Awo. When Awo went back Akintola has taken his place already and he won't bulge! That led to war in the yoruba land "wet eh" that led to the gruesome death of many yorubas, yorubas burning one another with petrol and macheting one another till a state of emergency was placed on yorubaland and Awo was imprisoned (if not he too would have been killed by the coup)
3.Secession plan: Ojukwu should have surrendered when innocent igbo people were dieing but no he wouldn't he watched over 3m innocent igbo souls die because of sheer greed and ego, why blame Awo for genocide? why should Awo support Biafra over Nigeria?
And now some Igbos cry betrayal songs on every other tribe.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

INEC Appoints New Secretary / Nigeria Signs Cultural Property Implementation Act Agreement With USA / Yakubu Gowon Not Dead!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.