Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe (7445 Views)

Jonathan Not A Corrupt Leader – Ebenezer Babatope / Jonathan won’t contest in 2019 – Babatope / Stop Antagonizing Jonathan's government, Ebenezer Babatope Tells Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by alienvirus: 4:48pm On Oct 05, 2012
This eko atlantic no go kill person sha.
Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by bashr8: 5:01pm On Oct 05, 2012
Wily+Wily:
Personally, I pity Awo, future generation is going to discuss his mental state, what drove him to commit such a crime against humanity.
Achebe don finish Awo.
exactly ,whether achebe is right or not, his publications will sell worldwide while babtopes arguement will only start and end in oyo state.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by Antivirus92(m): 5:09pm On Oct 05, 2012
Awolowo is a slow poke! I hate him pass satan.
Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by ikooko(m): 5:25pm On Oct 05, 2012
Whatever the fact is, my igbo people will forever hate Awolowo for what he did no doubt but let us leave sentiments aside and answer this simple question: was Obafemi Awolowo more guity for his role in biafran war than Ojukwu the warlord?
IMO,Awolowo was just smart to identify the weakness (loophole)of Ojukwu and he used it, simple.
If Achebe called Awolowo greedy and a mass muderer, what would he call Ojukwu without been bias?

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by tpia5: 5:26pm On Oct 05, 2012
ikengawo

you are sick.

get help.

change your user id while you're at it, or isnt that a yoruba word there.
Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by Ikengawo: 5:28pm On Oct 05, 2012
pure igbo lol

go rest, reptile.
Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by bashr8: 5:33pm On Oct 05, 2012
ikooko: Whatever the fact is, my igbo people will forever hate Awolowo for what he did no doubt but let us leave sentiments aside and answer this simple question: was Obafemi Awolowo more guity for his role in biafran war than Ojukwu the warlord?
IMO[size=20pt],Awolowo was just smart to identify the weakness (loophole)of Ojukwu and he used it, simple[/size].
If Achebe called Awolowo greedy and a mass muderer, what would he call Ojukwu without been bias?
simple and that weakness and smartness of awolowo is what achebe is exposing so everyone can analyse. if we must move foward then we must stop idolizing evil people and politicians both past and present.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by blackdream: 5:41pm On Oct 05, 2012
No matter what? Am proud to be ab IBO BOY..... We have caused coup and civil war in #Nigeria...A yoruba man has never attempt a bloodless coup and u are there criticising #Achebe....Awo is a Yoruba Hero not for all Nigeria... Achebe witnessed the war and u did not, u are busy tackling him

1 Like

Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by bashr8: 5:49pm On Oct 05, 2012
blackdream: No matter what? Am proud to be ab IBO BOY..... We have caused coup and civil war in #Nigeria...A yoruba man has never attempt a bloodless coup and u are there criticising #Achebe....Awo is a Yoruba Hero not for all Nigeria... Achebe witnessed the war and u did not, u are busy tackling him
actually yorubas have attempted one but they were killing themselves (wettie, awo vs akintola factions) rather than facing the federal govt that is responsible for their problems
Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by chosen04(f): 6:25pm On Oct 05, 2012
blackdream: No matter what? Am proud to be ab IBO BOY..... We have caused coup and civil war in #Nigeria...A yoruba man has never attempt a bloodless coup and u are there criticising #Achebe....Awo is a Yoruba Hero not for all Nigeria... Achebe witnessed the war and u did not, u are busy tackling him

Did you forget the "phantom coup" by DIYA?

That reminds me of Abacha asking "Why are the evils done by Yorubas tagged Phantom?"

I guess the the evil of the late rat poison loving sage is also a "phantom quips" to some peeps.
Re: Awolowo: Babatope Tackles Achebe by ektbear: 6:37pm On Oct 05, 2012
The main lesson I have learned from this is not to make assumptions again about someone being reasonable, or to hold someone in esteem w/o knowing more about them. I obviously didn't know much about Achebe, to think he was beyond pulling this tribal, biased stunt.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

MEET The World Richest President And His Filthy Rich Lifestyle / Time To Kick Out Senator Remi Tinubu / Solomon Dalong, The Worst Minister In Buhari's Cabinet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.