Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,686 members, 7,823,933 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Another Look At The Trinity - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Another Look At The Trinity (7280 Views)

Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ / About The Trinity / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Look At The Trinity by ijawkid(m): 12:35pm On Oct 12, 2012
Image123: i so love the work my brother Ola is doing here. Though, imust unfortunately say that a blind man is blind, whether you show him from afar, or from anear, or from above, or from azoom, or from angles 90, 180, 45, any angle, any colour. the blind man is blind. He needs revelation. If it was a problem of poor vision, they might have profited from meditation. But this is a problem of NO vision.
Luke 6:39 And he spoke a parable to them; Can the blind lead the blind? will they not both fall into the ditch?
the Word remains but a parable to them.

They have told us Jesus is not almighty, so He is not God. We have shown them
Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.

They have told us Jesus can be tempted, so He is not God. We have shown them
Act 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
Psa 78:56 Yet they tempted and provoked the most high God, and kept not his testimonies:

They have told us Jesus can be sanctified, so He is not God. We have shown them
1Pe 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear.

They have told us that Jesus is a man, so He is not God. We have shown them
Exo 15:3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

They have told us that Jesus is not immortal, so He is not God. We have shown them
1Ti 6:14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
1Ti 6:15 Which in his times he will show who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
1Ti 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power everlasting. Amen.

They have told us that Jesus does not know everything, so He is not God. We have shown them
Joh 16:30 Now are we sure that thou knowest all things, and needest not that any man should ask thee: by this we believe that thou camest from God.
Joh 21:17 He saith to him the third time, Simon son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved, because he said to him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said to him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith to him, Feed my sheep.

They have been blind to these things, but they are no left with an excuse or a witness.
Act 14:17 Nevertheless he left not himself without witness, in that he did good, and gave us rain from heaven, and fruitful seasons, filling our hearts with food and gladness.
SHAME TO YOU SATAN, HALLELUYAH.

And Jesus made it known to his apostles and all of us that he isn't all-knowing........

He doesn't know when the end will come........

Have you not been reading??......

SMH,,!!!!!!!........

And you are still stubbornly quoting revelation 1:8 when it has already been exposed that it was Yahweh who is the almighty....

Revelations 1:8
Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
I am The Alap and The Tau, says THE LORD
JEHOVAH God, he who is and has been and is
coming, The Almighty.

Is Jesus, JEHOVAH??

And nobody has still found out if Jesus now knows when the end will come....

I'm so sorry image123 Jesus don spoil ona show by truthfully saying he isn't all knowing,but only JEHOVAH.......

3 Likes

Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 12, 2012
[quote author=Image123]

Act 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
Psa 78:56 Yet they tempted and provoked the most high God, and kept not his testimonies:

You seem not to understand the difference between :

1. Putting the Lord to the test
2. To be tempted with evil.

1Pe 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear.

It should actually be sanctify the Lord Jesus in your hearts , this means to revere him , to honour him in a holy way within your heart out of reverence.

Of course I do not expect you to carefully examine scripture.

"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect " - NIV

or

"but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect " - ESV

we do know the Lord GOD is not a MAN.

A Man of WAR or a warrior as others put it, for want of a better definition.

The LORD is a warrior; the LORD is his name - NIV

"The LORD is a warrior; The LORD is His name - NASB

They have told us that Jesus is not immortal, so He is not God. We have shown them
1Ti 6:14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:

Jesus is immortal NOW , he was mortal as a MAN which is why he died , no ?

But God alone who possesses immortality has granted him immortality after raising him from death to everlasting life.

1Ti 6:15 Which in his times he will show who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
1Ti 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power everlasting. Amen.

Let us quote the entire context :

I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and [before] Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession;
That thou keep [this] commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
Which in his times he shall shew, [who is] the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom [be] honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Read again , this is in reference to the Father GOD :

- Whom no man has seen
- Whom no man can see
- Dwells in the light which no man can approach

and then

- who alone is the origin of immortality.

Oh , I forgot to add this part where it says :

I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things

or In the sight of God, who gives life to everything

They have told us that Jesus does not know everything, so He is not God. We have shown them
Joh 16:30 Now are we sure that thou knowest all things, and needest not that any man should ask thee: by this we believe that thou camest from God.

Thou knowest all things through the Spirit of GOD that dwells in HIM for :

Jesus answered, "My teaching is not my own. It comes from him who sent me

Trinitarians go and check out what the word context means and then come back for more discussion.

Thank You.

1 Like

Re: Another Look At The Trinity by PastorKun(m): 12:41pm On Oct 12, 2012
Trust image123 to err on the side of error. Olodo buruku tongue
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by ijawkid(m): 1:03pm On Oct 12, 2012
@image123.....

Please also explain this scripture and also find a way to escape from it.....

Why would Jesus been almighty make this statement that squashes the trinity....

Hear what our Lord Jesus said....

Luke 18:18-19.....
18. A certain ruler asked him, “Good
teacher,
what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
19. “Why do you call me good?” Jesus
answered.
“No one is good—except"" God"" alone.

I want to ask trinitarians....who is this GOD alone??

Jesus denies being all GOOD(not that Jesus is bad).....but attributes all -goodness to the one and only YAHWEH.........

Another potent point that proves Jesus isn't all-GOOD and therefore not the almighty GOD or an equal to the almighty GOD.....

1 Like

Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Image123(m): 1:05pm On Oct 12, 2012
Other scriptures for the benefits of those that can see in humility, the mystery of godliness.

The Bible is the Word of the Trinity. It is God the Father talking, the Son talking, the Spirit talking.
Rev 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Ananias and Sapphira lied to the Trinity.
Act 5:3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
Act 5:4 While it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

Our body is the temple of the Trinity
1Jo 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
1Co 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
1Co 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

The Spirit of God is the Spirit of the Father and the Son. They said it is unreasonable for God to have two Spirits, we tell dem say not even two, na Seven.
Galat 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
1Pe 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
Rev 3:1 And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.

Waaaaaaoh, the Spirit of Christ was in the old testament prophets, and here i was all this while thinking it was the Spirit of God. Okay, Christ is God i recall. cool

Heb 3:3 For this man was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as he who hath builded the house hath more honor than the house.
Heb 3:4 For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God.

Who is He that built all things, without whom there was not any made that was made? (Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him. )
The Christ Jesus is God and Lord.
Mar 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Without a doubt, there is some puzzling, some mystery. Even the great scholar and apostle Paul says
1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Anti-trinity folks say there is no mystery anywhere, and they misapply and twist Paul's writing that God is not a God of confusion. Peter warned us of them, and apostle John told us about God the Son.They accuse everybody and find fault with all versions and translations. they pat themselves in the back and 'like' each other's post on nl as if to add weight to their logic. Fleshly minded fellows.

2Pe 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other Scriptures, unto their own destruction.

1Jo 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.
1Jo 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

1 Like

Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 12, 2012
Image123: Other scriptures for the benefits of those that can see in humility, the mystery of godliness.

The Bible is the Word of the Trinity. It is God the Father talking, the Son talking, the Spirit talking.
Rev 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Act 5:3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
Act 5:4 While it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

Rampant gibberish !

Sorry image123 you are gradually establishing yourself as a poor bible student and false teacher on this forum.

BTW we are waiting for you in the new tithe thread.

Thanks,
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by ijawkid(m): 1:30pm On Oct 12, 2012
Image123:
1Jo 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.[/color]

You shoulda gone further to verse 8 to also find out that water and blood are also part of the trinity.....

International Standard Version (©2008)
the Spirit, the water, and the blood-and these
three are"" one"".
Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
And there are three testifying: The Spirit and
the water and the blood, and the three of
them are in"" one"".
Douay-Rheims Bible
And there are three that give testimony on
earth: the spirit, and the water, and the blood:
and these three are"" one"".

Although the verse 7 you quoted has long been refuted as spurious,verse 8 still turns the trinity upside down.....

From your assertion on verse 7 we can totally conclude that water,the holy spirit and blood are one forming another trinity..........(Trinity).......

Can we conclude that water and blood are also GOD??....

1 Like

Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 12, 2012
ijawkid:

You shoulda gone further to verse 8 to also find out that water and blood are also part of the trinity.....

Although the verse 7 you quoted has long been refuted as spurious,verse 8 still turns the trinity upside down.....

From your assertion on verse 7 we can totally conclude that water,the holy spirit and blood are one forming another trinity..........(Trinity).......

Can we conclude that water and blood are also GOD??....

I do not think image123 can respond further, he has no backing from his Trinitarian theologian brothers, they have all fled the scene , lol.

2 Likes

Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Image123(m): 1:54pm On Oct 12, 2012
Yeeeeaaaaaaaa,see as all of them dey hyperventilate. Pride dey make their blood dey boil. thank God for internet, i for just quickly become another martyr like Stephen my bro. i can't be here arguing colours with the blind oh. Thank God, i have other responsibilities.

He doesn't know when the end will come........

Have you not been reading??......
was it the koran i quoted or osew yaw ababio? Jesus became man, humbled Himself, became obedient to death, made Himself of no reputation. but it is shown in scriptures that in flashes, the disciples recognised that intrinsically He is God.
Joh 21:17 He saith to him the third time, Simon son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved, because he said to him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said to him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith to him, Feed my sheep.
Joh 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

THREE WITNESSES, I MUST NOT SHOUT

Aramaic Bible in plain Engrish? Is that a joke? These guys and their stunts, you should work with the circus iadvice. The NT was not even written in aramaic if my history serves in right. i think only Daniel, Esther or so. But i trust you guys to bring up only translations that foster your slow goals.

1. Putting the Lord to the test
2. To be tempted with evil.
Rabbi, come and teach us ohhh. Is it JAMB or post-UTME? Tempt dey make you stammer like this? When you were throwing the word, you did not know abi?

It should actually be sanctify the Lord Jesus in your hearts , this means to revere him , to honour him in a holy way within your heart out of reverence.
This is the type that will make some of my pals to shout EEEEEEEEIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! This guy go soon write Bible, very soon. shocked shocked
Okay take this ones join your twists.
Num 20:12 And the LORD spoke unto Moses and Aaron, Because ye believed me not, to sanctify me in the eyes of the children of Israel, therefore ye shall not bring this congregation into the land which I have given them.
Isa 8:13 Sanctify the LORD of hosts himself; and let him be your fear, and let him be your dread.
Eze 38:23 Thus will I magnify myself, and sanctify mysel[/b]f; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the LORD.
Joh 17:19 And for their sakes I [b]sanctify myself
, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

we do know the Lord GOD is not a MAN.
So you want to erase that scripture? Ask jawk to borrow you more Bible versions ehn. It's the same word the writer used as MAN in Numbers that he also used as MAN here. the point is the unobvious mystery or as the unbeliever may call it a contradiction, but i see that you will not see it, because you're eyes are closed, and ears blocked.

Jesus is immortal NOW , he was mortal as a MAN which is why he died , no ?
Ask Bible oh, or ask Paul, or ask a good english teacher abi na me talk am? Who is the subject of the passage?

Talking of context, and scriptures agreeing with scriptures,
I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and [before] Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession;
That thou keep [this] commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
Which
in his times he shall shew, [who is] the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom [be] honour and power everlasting. Amen.

You need to buy you "Brighter Grammar", i'm not sure you can download it online.
Rev 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.
Rev 19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Thou knowest all things through the Spirit of GOD that dwells in HIM for
see super story oh, so that Spirit of GOD was missing when He said "nobody knows the time"? You are the one who needs a course in context, the context of Son of man, Son of God, and God the Son.

I want to ask trinitarians....who is this GOD alone??

Jesus denies being all GOOD(not that Jesus is bad).....but attributes all -goodness to the one and only YAHWEH.
if i told you, you would not believe.
Joh 12:39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Isaiah said again,
Joh 12:40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by ijawkid(m): 2:00pm On Oct 12, 2012
Image123: Yeeeeaaaaaaaa,see as all of them dey hyperventilate. Pride dey make their blood dey boil. thank God for internet, i for just quickly become another martyr like Stephen my bro. i can't be here arguing colours with the blind oh. Thank God, i have other responsibilities.

was it the koran i quoted or osew yaw ababio? Jesus became man, humbled Himself, became obedient to death, made Himself of no reputation. but it is shown in scriptures that in flashes, the disciples recognised that intrinsically He is God.
Joh 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

THREE WITNESSES, I MUST NOT SHOUT

Aramaic Bible in plain Engrish? Is that a joke? These guys and their stunts, you should work with the circus iadvice. The NT was not even written in aramaic if my history serves in right. i think only Daniel, Esther or so. But i trust you guys to bring up only translations that foster your slow goals.

Rabbi, come and teach us ohhh. Is it JAMB or post-UTME? Tempt dey make you stammer like this? When you were throwing the word, you did not know abi?

This is the type that will make some of my pals to shout EEEEEEEEIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! This guy go soon write Bible, very soon. shocked shocked
Okay take this ones join your twists.
Num 20:12 And the LORD spoke unto Moses and Aaron, Because ye believed me not, to sanctify me in the eyes of the children of Israel, therefore ye shall not bring this congregation into the land which I have given them.
Isa 8:13 Sanctify the LORD of hosts himself; and let him be your fear, and let him be your dread.
Eze 38:23 Thus will I magnify myself, and sanctify mysel[/b]f; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the LORD.
Joh 17:19 And for their sakes I [b]sanctify myself
, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

So you want to erase that scripture? Ask jawk to borrow you more Bible versions ehn. It's the same word the writer used as MAN in Numbers that he also used as MAN here. the point is the unobvious mystery or as the unbeliever may call it a contradiction, but i see that you will not see it, because you're eyes are closed, and ears blocked.

Ask Bible oh, or ask Paul, or ask a good english teacher abi na me talk am? Who is the subject of the passage?

Talking of context, and scriptures agreeing with scriptures,
Which
in his times he shall shew, [who is] the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

You need to buy you "Brighter Grammar", i'm not sure you can download it online.
Rev 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.
Rev 19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

see super story oh, so that Spirit of GOD was missing when He said "nobody knows the time"? You are the one who needs a course in context, the context of Son of man, Son of God, and God the Son.

if i told you, you would not believe.
Joh 12:39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Isaiah said again,
Joh 12:40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

you might call us blind but Jesus says trinitarians have got no eyes........

Where is your rebuttal to Jesus denying being Good but attributing all-goodness to one person,.........

And please Jesus does not know when the end will come.............

That is Jesus' reply to the persons who taught he was all-knowing.....

3 Likes

Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 12, 2012
ijawkid:

Where is your rebuttal to Jesus denying being Good but attributing all-goodness to one person,.........

That is Jesus' reply to the persons who taught he was all-knowing.....

Thank you my brother!

If Jesus and Yahweh are co-equal and the same, Jesus would have known when the end will come! I'm suprised he told his disciples only the Father knows! And there is nothing confusing about it because Jesus never claimed to be Yahweh or co-equal with Him
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by DeeTeeMan: 4:03pm On Oct 12, 2012
I don't think Jesus took him self as seriously as people take him today. Religion is dogma. It is possible that Christianity today has little to do with Jesus Christ and his beliefs during his time, really.
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by truthislight: 5:00pm On Oct 12, 2012
Image123: i so love the work my brother Ola is doing here. Though, imust unfortunately say that a blind man is blind, whether you show him from afar, or from anear, or from above, or from azoom, or from angles 90, 180, 45, any angle, any colour. the blind man is blind. He needs revelation. If it was a problem of poor vision, they might have profited from meditation. But this is a problem of NO vision.
Luke 6:39 And he spoke a parable to them; Can the blind lead the blind? will they not both fall into the ditch?
the Word remains but a parable to them.

They have told us Jesus is not almighty, so He is not God. We have shown them
Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.

They have been blind to these things, but they are no left with an excuse or a witness.
Act 14:17 Nevertheless he left not himself without witness, in that he did good, and gave us rain from heaven, and fruitful seasons, filling our hearts with food and gladness.
SHAME TO YOU SATAN, HALLELUYAH.

who is really the blind man here?

Trinitarians or the none 3 gods people?

Is the bible a book of 3gods?
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:14pm On Oct 12, 2012
Three-in-Oneness in the Godhead:

Scriptures indicate there is three-in-oneness in the godhead.

In Matthew 28:19, the bodily resurrected Jesus instructed the disciples,

Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19).

The word name is singular in Greek, thereby indicating God's oneness. However,the definite articles in front of Father, Son and Holy Spirit (in the original Greek) indicate they are distinct personalities, even though there is just one God. These distinct personalities relate to each other. The Father and the Son, for example, know each other (Matthew 11:27), love each other (John 3:35), speak to each other (John 11:41-42). The Holy Spirit descended upon Jesus at His baptism (Luke 3:22), He is called another comforter or helper (John 14:16), He was sent by the Father and Jesus (John 15:26), and He seeks to glorify Jesus (John 16:13-14).

A Simple Analogy

A helpful analogy of the Godhead is that God is like a triangle that is one figure yet has three different sides (or corners) at the same time. So there is a simultaneous threeness and oneness. Of course, no analogy is perfect since in every analogy there is a similarity and a difference. The difference here is that "sides" or "corners" are not persons. Nonetheless, the triangle does illustrate how there can be threeness and oneness at the same time. While there is one God, there are three persons within the One God. QED wink.

1 Like

Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 12, 2012
^^^^

Please keep it coming, give us more comedy !!

1 Like

Re: Another Look At The Trinity by truthislight: 7:59pm On Oct 12, 2012
Image123: Other scriptures for the benefits of those that can see in humility, the mystery of godliness.

Our body is the temple of the Trinity
1Jo 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
1Co 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
1Co 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

The Spirit of God is the Spirit of the Father and the Son. They said it is unreasonable for God to have two Spirits, we tell dem say not even two, na Seven.
Galat 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
1Pe 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
Rev 3:1 And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.

Waaaaaaoh, the Spirit of Christ was in the old testament prophets, and here i was all this while thinking it was the Spirit of God. Okay, Christ is God i recall. cool

Heb 3:3 For this man was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as he who hath builded the house hath more honor than the house.
Heb 3:4 For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God.

Who is He that built all things, without whom there was not any made that was made? (Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him. )
The Christ Jesus is God and Lord.
Mar 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Without a doubt, there is some puzzling, some mystery. Even the great scholar and apostle Paul says
1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Anti-trinity folks say there is no mystery anywhere, and they misapply and twist Paul's writing that God is not a God of confusion. Peter warned us of them, and apostle John told us about God the Son.They accuse everybody and find fault with all versions and translations. they pat themselves in the back and 'like' each other's post on nl as if to add weight to their logic. Fleshly minded fellows.

2Pe 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other Scriptures, unto their own destruction.

1Jo 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.
1Jo 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

mr Image123,

is every thing still well with you?
The things you are writing are terrible even from trinitarian point of view.

Please, am getting worried on your behalf. Slow down!

2 Likes

Re: Another Look At The Trinity by truthislight: 8:18pm On Oct 12, 2012
OLAADEGBU: Three-in-Oneness in the Godhead:

Scriptures indicate there is three-in-oneness in the godhead.

In Matthew 28:19, the bodily resurrected Jesus instructed the disciples,

Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19).

The word name is singular in Greek, thereby indicating God's oneness. However,the definite articles in front of Father, Son and Holy Spirit (in the original Greek) indicate they are distinct personalities, even though there is just one God. These distinct personalities relate to each other. The Father and the Son, for example, know each other (Matthew 11:27), love each other (John 3:35), speak to each other (John 11:41-42). The Holy Spirit descended upon Jesus at His baptism (Luke 3:22), He is called another comforter or helper (John 14:16), He was sent by the Father and Jesus (John 15:26), and He seeks to glorify Jesus (John 16:13-14).

A Simple Analogy

A helpful analogy of the Godhead is that God is like a triangle that is one figure yet has three different sides (or corners) at the same time. So there is a simultaneous threeness and oneness. Of course, no analogy is perfect since in every analogy there is a similarity and a difference. The difference here is that "sides" or "corners" are not persons. Nonetheless, the triangle does illustrate how there can be threeness and oneness at the same time. While there is one God, there are three persons within the One God. QED wink.

the true woshipers will worship the father in spirit and truth. John 4:24
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:48pm On Oct 13, 2012
truthislight:

the true woshipers will worship the father in spirit and truth. John 4:24

Yes, but who is the Truth personified?

"I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by me" (John 14:6)

Jesus also further said in verses 10-11 of the same chapter that:

"Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak to you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwells in me, He does the works. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake"

Btw, please forgive me if I have used ad hominems in my arguments with you, it is not in my character to do such wink.

1 Like

Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Enigma(m): 8:20am On Oct 14, 2012
^^^ And He is not only "the life"; He is eternal life who was with the Father and has appeared to us. smiley

1 John 1:2
The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us.

cool
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 14, 2012
The trinity is made up of:
The Father (He is a spirit being - Masculine), The Holy Spirit proceeded from Him (Pure light, spirit too, feminine - if you will),
the Father and the Holy Spirit brought forth another Spirit - The Son - a spirit being too.

Jesus of Nazareth was a human that has that spirit of the Son in Him - that is how He came to be both God and Man at the same time.

Well, that is what i believe (based on research). Anyone is support say Yah!
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:38am On Oct 15, 2012
Jesus was God in human form:

"But if I do, though you believe not me, believe the works: that you may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in Him" (John 10:38).
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:44am On Oct 15, 2012
Enigma: ^^^ And He is not only "the life"; He is eternal life who was with the Father and has appeared to us. smiley

1 John 1:2

cool

That's a good one. It is also corroborated with what Jesus said here:

"And this is life eternal, that they might know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ, who you have sent" (John 17:3).

Eternal life is knowing God the Father and the Son.
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 15, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

That's a good one. It is also corroborated with what Jesus said here:

"And this is life eternal, that they might know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ, who you have sent" (John 17:3).

Eternal life is knowing God the Father and the Son.

and how does this support the trinity ?

One will have to perform mental gymnastics to come to a most confusing conclusion that this scripture supports the bogus Trinity.

"and Jesus Christ, who you have sent" sums it all up , God sent Jesus establishing his superiority !

And this eternal life which was with the father he has made known to us through his Son, which quite simply means that if we believe on his Son and repent from our sins, we will receive eternal life.

As usual the 'intellectually honest' are mesmerised by the simplicity of scripture , and keep wresting it to their own destruction as Peter rightly said.

1 Like

Re: Another Look At The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:27pm On Oct 15, 2012
frosbel:

and how does this support the trinity ?

One will have to perform mental gymnastics to come to a most confusing conclusion that this scripture supports the bogus Trinity.

"and Jesus Christ, who you have sent" sums it all up , God sent Jesus establishing his superiority !

And this eternal life which was with the father he has made known to us through his Son, which quite simply means that if we believe on his Son and repent from our sins, we will receive eternal life.

As usual the 'intellectually honest' are mesmerised by the simplicity of scripture , and keep wresting it to their own destruction as Peter rightly said.

Positionally, Jesus Christ is inferior to the Father but that does not detract from His intrinsic deity.
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:34pm On Oct 15, 2012
Eternal life in Jesus.

"He that believes on the Son of God has the witness in himself: he that believes not God has made him a liar; because he believes not the record that God gave of his Son. And this is the record, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He that has the Son has life; and he that has not the Son of God has not life" (1 John 5:10-12).
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:49pm On Oct 15, 2012
"Jesus said to them, Verily, verily, I say to you, Before Abraham was, I am" -- John 8:58 The Evidence Bible.

Someone explained it like this:

"If I give you a small slice of cheese from a large block (the taste being constant throughout the whole block), and you spit out the cheese saying you hate the taste, then you reject the whole block. Jesus was God manifest in human form. If the Jews and other religious folks rejected Him, they rejected the Father also -- he who is of God hears God's words".

John corroborates this in his epistle when he wrote:

"Whosoever denies the Son, the same has not the Father, (but) he that acknowledges the Son has the Father also" (1 John 2:23).
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Enigma(m): 6:42pm On Oct 15, 2012
Isaiah 44:6

"This is what the LORD says--Israel's King and Redeemer, the LORD Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.

Revelation 2:8
"To the angel of the church in Smyrna write: These are the words of him who is the First and the Last, who died and came to life again.

cool

1 Like

Re: Another Look At The Trinity by truthislight: 1:52am On Oct 16, 2012
DP
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by truthislight: 1:59am On Oct 16, 2012
Enigma: Isaiah 44:6

Revelation 2:8

cool

bros, you can do better than this i know,
Why limit yourself?

Is lord a name or a title?

Then the question comes, which lord.

The Supreme court judge, or Yaweh, or Jesus christ?

Afteral, they are all call judge

Judge is not a name, so, dont used that ^^^ to proof something as important as this.
From the context fined out who it is refering to pls.
Peace.
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by plappville(f): 8:39am On Oct 16, 2012
ijawkid:

That is Jesus' reply to the persons who taught he was
all-knowing.....

The bone hock for bros @image123, these your tough questions will nullify His belief. Jesus said: i am not all knowing, I'm not all Good, I'm not the greatest, I did not send Myself, i am not the Father etc etc...yet some people will say: No Jesus, you are all knowing, you are all Good, You are the greatest, you sent youself, you are the Father again etc etc...why not take Christ for his words instead of what he was tought to be?
My broda ijewkid, you dey flow correctly with bible.
Keep it up, alot of people are enlightened. God bless.

1 Like

Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Enigma(m): 8:43am On Oct 16, 2012
Isaiah 43:25

"I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more.

Mark 2:5
When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, “Son, your sins are forgiven.”

Mark 2:6-7
6 Now some teachers of the law were sitting there, thinking to themselves, 7 “Why does this fellow talk like that? He’s blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?”

cool

1 Like

Re: Another Look At The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:42am On Oct 16, 2012
"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace" (Isaiah 9:6).

Jesus is here named The mighty God and this is in the OT.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Prophets Of Hell / True Prosperity as a Christian / Testimony Of First Fruits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 194
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.