Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,732 members, 7,824,065 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Another Look At The Trinity - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Another Look At The Trinity (7282 Views)

Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ / About The Trinity / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Look At The Trinity by PastorKun(m): 3:08pm On Nov 01, 2012
frosbel:

Complete nonsense !!

Seconded
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Boomark(m): 5:10pm On Nov 01, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Seconded

Thirded
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Boomark(m): 5:20pm On Nov 01, 2012
God the Father is the God of our Lord Jesus. How can God over some body still be His equal share one God title with Him?

Does it mean being a God over somebody has no meaning again or is it just an english language?

Trinity has no bible backing!

1 Like

Re: Another Look At The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:16pm On Nov 08, 2012
frosbel:

Complete nonsense !!

If that is too complicated for you, what about the Genesis Maths below?

Re: Another Look At The Trinity by honeychild(f): 12:52am On Nov 09, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

I don't know what you are yapping about here but the issue at hand is for you to tell me who is the mighty God referenced in the verse below?

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace" (Isaiah 9:6).
The mighty God is Jesus Christ. But the bible makes it clear that there is an Almighty God. One greater than the Mighty God:
1 Corinthians 11:3 but I would have you know that the head of every man is Christ and the head of the woman is the man and the head of Christ is God -Kjv.
1 Corinthians 15:27, 28 -for he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him and when all things shall be subdued to him, then shall the son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him that God may be all in all
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Boomark(m): 6:55am On Nov 09, 2012
^^From the above quote, it is clear that there are other Gods. But they all have a God over them who is the Almighty God and not their equal in authority, power, might, strength, nature, headship, any way etc. Because He tells them what to do and they do it.

If genesis maths is where trinity is Derived from then trinity is a standard failure.

2 Likes

Re: Another Look At The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:05am On Nov 09, 2012
honeychild:

OLAADEGBU:

I don't know what you are yapping about here but the issue at hand is for you to tell me who is the mighty God referenced in the verse below?

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace" (Isaiah 9:6).

The mighty God is Jesus Christ. But the bible makes it clear that there is an Almighty God. One greater than the Mighty God:
1 Corinthians 11:3 but I would have you know that the head of every man is Christ and the head of the woman is the man and the head of Christ is God -Kjv.
1 Corinthians 15:27, 28 -for he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him and when all things shall be subdued to him, then shall the son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him that God may be all in all

Boomark:
^^From the above quote, it is clear that there are other Gods. But they all have a God over them who is the Almighty God and not their equal in authority, power, might, strength, nature, headship, any way etc. Because He tells them what to do and they do it.

If genesis maths is where trinity is Derived from then trinity is a standard failure.

You guys are yet to give me answers to the question I've been asking. Who is the bolded in the verses below referring to, the Father or the Son?

"Behold, God is mighty, and despises not any: he is mighty in strength and wisdom"(Job 36:5).

"But how his bow abode in strength, and the arms of his hands were made strong by the hands of the mighty God of Jacob . . . " (Genesis 49:24).

"Until I find a place for the LORD, an habitation for the mighty God of Jacob." (Psalm 132:5).

"For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regards not persons, nor takes reward" (Deuteronomy 10:17).
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Nobody: 10:16am On Nov 09, 2012
Desperate Trinitarian convoluted concoction.

God is ONE !
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by honeychild(f): 10:34am On Nov 09, 2012
@ Olaadegbu:
Look my brother, the title mighty God can refer to either Jesus or his father. But as for the term [/b]Almighty God[b] that one refers to only one person- the creator.
[/b]1 Corinthians 8:3 - for though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth ([b][/b]as there be gods many and lords many)[b] but to us there is but [/b]one God[b] the Father of whom all things are and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ by whom all things are and we by him
Once again I quote 1 Corinthians 11:3 - but I would have you know that the head of every man is Christ and the head of the woman is the man and [/b]the head of Christ is God.[b]
So to answer your question. In some verses of the bible the title God, Mighty God or Lord may be used for either Jesus (as in Isaiah ) or his father (as in the other verses you quote above.) But our Lord Jesus Christ, Mighty as he is, still acknowledges the Headship of his father over him. I think we as his followers should do the same.

3 Likes

Re: Another Look At The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:25pm On Nov 09, 2012
honeychild:

@ Olaadegbu:
Look my brother, the title mighty God can refer to either Jesus or his father. But as for the term [/b]Almighty God[b] that one refers to only one person- the creator.

This our Lord Jesus Christ speaking in the book of Revelation, and He referred to Himself not only as Alpha and Omega but also as the Almighty.

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty . . . Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia . . . " (Rev. 1:8, 11).

honeychild:

[/b]1 Corinthians 8:3 - for though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth ([b][/b]as there be gods many and lords many)[b] but to us there is but [/b]one God[b] the Father of whom all things are and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ by whom all things are and we by him

Even the verse you quoted up there defeats your point. It shows One God with two Persons: the Father and one Lord Jesus Christ by who are all things.

honeychild:

Once again I quote 1 Corinthians 11:3 - but I would have you know that the head of every man is Christ and the head of the woman is the man and [/b]the head of Christ is God.[b]

That is the arrangement that God has made since He is an orderly God. The fact that the husband is the head of the wife doesn't mean that the man is superior to the woman it is the organisation that God has ordained. The husband and the wife are one as the picture I posted earlier depicts. The same is with the Father and the Son. Jesus said: "I and my Father are One" (John 10:30).

honeychild:

So to answer your question. In some verses of the bible the title God, Mighty God or Lord may be used for either Jesus (as in Isaiah ) or his father (as in the other verses you quote above.) But our Lord Jesus Christ, Mighty as he is, still acknowledges the Headship of his father over him. I think we as his followers should do the same.

With this submission of yours you have proved that you and other anti-trinitarians believe in more than one God. You believe in the "Almighty God" as well as the "Mighty God" who you see as a lesser God. We believe in One God in three Persons as the blessed trinity.
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:27pm On Nov 09, 2012
frosbel:

Desperate Trinitarian convoluted concoction.

God is ONE !

You don't actually believe God is One, do you?
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 09, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

You don't actually believe God is One, do you?

From your twisted perspective I have to believe that GOD is three before coming to the conclusion that he is ONE.

I refuse to take this flawed Path, rather I skip over the three nonsense , and straight-away conclude that GOD is ONE.
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:36pm On Nov 09, 2012
frosbel:

From your twisted perspective I have to believe that GOD is three before coming to the conclusion that he is ONE.

I refuse to take this flawed Path, rather I skip over the three nonsense , and straight-away conclude that GOD is ONE.

Do you believe that Jesus Christ is the Mighty God?
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by ijawkid(m): 1:37pm On Nov 09, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
We believe in One God in three Persons as the blessed trinity.

HERESY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..................

Read 1 corinthians 11:3 and 1 corinthians 15:24-28 to help you out........
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 09, 2012
[quote author=OLAADEGBU]

This our Lord Jesus Christ speaking in the book of Revelation, and He referred to Himself not only as Alpha and Omega but also as the Almighty.

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty . . . Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia . . . " (Rev. 1:8, 11).

We have been here before. This is rather disingenuous of you.

8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.” - Revelation 1 :8

Clearly this is refering to GOD because in v1 , it begins with ;

"The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John" - Revelation 1:1

1 Like

Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 09, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Mighty god not Almighty GOD.

Obviously you just love these your weird mysteries , no ?
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by ijawkid(m): 1:40pm On Nov 09, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

And he will be called ""mighty God""...

Abi??......

You should be more concerned with the almighty GOD whom Jesus himself worshipped and desist from this pagan trinity dogma............
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 09, 2012
ijawkid:

Abi??......

You should be more concerned with the almighty GOD whom Jesus himself worshipped and desist from this pagan trinity dogma............

He is too much in LOVE with Trinity to want to know the truth.

1 Like

Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Boomark(m): 4:00pm On Nov 09, 2012
It is obvious Ola didn't know how Revelation came to us. Read Rev 1:1.

If i send you message and you go there go claim my glory, just prepare to go kirikiri prison as you dey come back.

2 Likes

Re: Another Look At The Trinity by ijawkid(m): 4:16pm On Nov 09, 2012
Boomark: It is obvious Ola didn't know how Revelation came to us. Read Rev 1:1.

If i send you message and you go there go claim my glory, just prepare to go kirikiri prison as you dey come back.

Lmao....

You too funny....
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:20pm On Nov 09, 2012
frosbel:

We have been here before. This is rather disingenuous of you.

8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.” - Revelation 1 :8

Clearly this is refering to GOD because in v1 , it begins with ;

"The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John" - Revelation 1:1

You don't need to go far before you start to twist the word of God.

Whenever you see the "LORD" in all upper cases in the KJV it is almost the Hebrew word for "Yahweh", God's proper name. Compare that with Revelation 1:8 that says:

"I am the Alpha and the Omega, says the Lord God, who is, and who is to come, the Almighty."

Check out the OT in the book of Isaiah 41:4 that says,

"Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he."

So, you see when Jesus Christ keeps proclaiming that:

"I am the first and the last,"

He wants all to know that He is the God of the Old Testament, the Alpha and Omega, the one who spoke the heaven and earth into being, the one who searches the hearts and minds of people.

I hope you can now see the different aspects of Jesus Christ in the book of Revelation when compared to the OT which shows that He is the Almighty God. QED.
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:20pm On Nov 09, 2012
frosbel:

Mighty god not Almighty GOD.

Obviously you just love these your weird mysteries , no ?

Do you now see that you believe in two Gods, the Almighty God and the Mighty God, no?
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 09, 2012
^^^

Confusion !!

Stick to the simple truths of scripture , deeper life can be wrong you know, it is not an infallible institution !!
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:25pm On Nov 09, 2012
ijawkid:

Abi??......

Which God do you believe in, the Almighty God or the Mighty God or both?
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:27pm On Nov 09, 2012
Boomark:

It is obvious Ola didn't know how Revelation came to us. Read Rev 1:1.

Is Jesus the Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last or not?
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by ijawkid(m): 4:34pm On Nov 09, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Which God do you believe in, the Almighty God or the Mighty God or both?

I believe and worship only the almighty God Yahweh,the God of Jesus...........

It is this almighty that Jesus said sent him...

Read john 17:3......

I'm talking about the only true GOD....

Hope you understand mr trinitarian??....
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:38pm On Nov 09, 2012
ijawkid:

I believe and worship only the almighty God Yahweh,the God of Jesus...........

It is this almighty that Jesus said sent him...

Read john 17:3......

I'm talking about the only true GOD....

Hope you understand mr trinitarian??....

The only true God as quoted by honeychild earlier is the Father and Jesus Christ the Son. So if you don't know the Son you definitely cannot say you worship the Father, don't you think?
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by truthislight: 10:30pm On Nov 09, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

You don't need to go far before you start to twist the word of God.

Whenever you see the "LORD" in all upper cases in the KJV it is almost the Hebrew word for "Yahweh", God's proper name. Compare that with Revelation 1:8 that says:

"I am the Alpha and the Omega, says the Lord God, who is, and who is to come, the Almighty."

Check out the OT in the book of Isaiah 41:4 that says,

"Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he."

So, you see when Jesus Christ keeps proclaiming that:

"I am the first and the last,"

He wants all to know that He is the God of the Old Testament, the Alpha and Omega, the one who spoke the heaven and earth into being, the one who searches the hearts and minds of people.

I hope you can now see the different aspects of Jesus Christ in the book of Revelation when compared to the OT which shows that He is the Almighty God. QED.

i can only see the fact that you are still confuse.
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by truthislight: 10:32pm On Nov 09, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Do you now see that you believe in two Gods, the Almighty God and the Mighty God, no?

you mean that the king is royal and the son(prince) should not be royal?

But we know that the prince royalty is not equal to that of the father.

2 Likes

Re: Another Look At The Trinity by truthislight: 10:35pm On Nov 09, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Is Jesus the Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last or not?

jesus is the first born of all creation and the first from the dead.

But the title Alpha and omega belongs to Yahweh the father of our lord Jesus christ
Peace.
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:52pm On Nov 09, 2012
Lord Jesus Christ reveals Himself as God Almighty

In general the Triune God is referred individually and collectively as God Almighty. But in most cases the Lord Jesus Christ, who is the doer, is called the Almighty.

When the Lord Jesus Christ visits Apostle John at the island of Patmos he identifies himself as 'the Almighty'. "Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. In the reference of the gospel of John, we see that all the judgment was given to the Son and in the reference of revelation the 'Lord God Almighty' is judging. So we can see that the Lord Jesus Christ is 'God Almighty.' "John 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, "but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: Rev 16:7 ---, "Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are thy judgments".

The Scriptures are very clear about the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ, his government (ruling) and his righteous judgment. In the light of the Scriptures we can see that the following verses point to the Lord Jesus Christ and call him Lord God Almighty.

Rev 4:8 And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, "Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come."

Rev 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and "of his Christ" and he shall "reign for ever and ever." 16 And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God, 17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O "Lord God Almighty," which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.

Rev 16:7 And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty true and righteous are thy judgments." 14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty"

We know that God the Word became flesh, Jesus of Nazareth, and he shed his blood for the sins of the world. Scripture points this out and calls the Lord Jesus Christ as Almighty God, King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Rev 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God." 14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God." 16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS."

From the previous scriptures we see that Lord Jesus Christ is God Almighty and he could have revealed himself as God Almighty at some point. From the following verse we see that the Lord Jesus Christ, who was God the Word, revealed himself as God Almighty to Abraham. "Gen 17:1 --- the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God---".
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by honeychild(f): 6:33pm On Nov 10, 2012
@olaadegbu:
If I get u correctly these r your points:
1. The authority to judge has been given to Jesus. So since the Lord God Almighty is said in rev. 16:7 to have 'righteous judgement' that means Jesus is God Almighty.

2. In Rev. 19:15 Jesus treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God and so therefore he is Almighty God.

Let me give a simple illustration. Mr. President commissions Julius Berger to tar the east-west road. Julius Berger does a great job. When we say 'you have really done well. thank you Mr. President' even though we know its really Julius Berger that did the job does that mean Julius Berger and Mr. President are one and the same?

Or Pastor Kumuyi raised a child from the dead. We say 'thank you Almighty God.' Therefore Pastor Kumuyi is Almighty God. QED

The point I am trying to make is that in bringing judgment to this world and in 'treading the winepress of God's anger' Jesus is acting with authority conferred upon him by God and as God 's representative. God can therefore be given credit for the job.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Prophets Of Hell / True Prosperity as a Christian / Testimony Of First Fruits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.