Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,506 members, 7,823,189 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Another Look At The Trinity - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Another Look At The Trinity (7278 Views)

Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ / About The Trinity / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Boomark(m): 8:55pm On Nov 10, 2012
^^Nice one honeychild. That's the importance of Rev 1:1 if they will understand it.
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 10, 2012
Boomark: ^^Nice one honeychild. That's the importance of Rev 1:1 if they will understand it.

My brother I give up on this topic, some people will hold tradition over the word of GOD.
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:43pm On Nov 10, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

You guys are yet to give me answers to the question I've been asking. Who is the bolded in the verses below referring to, the Father or the Son?

"Behold, God is mighty, and despises not any: he is mighty in strength and wisdom"(Job 36:5).

"But how his bow abode in strength, and the arms of his hands were made strong by the hands of the mighty God of Jacob . . . " (Genesis 49:24).

"Until I find a place for the LORD, an habitation for the mighty God of Jacob." (Psalm 132:5).

"For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regards not persons, nor takes reward" (Deuteronomy 10:17).

These questions are still begging for answers.
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 10, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

These questions are still begging for answers.

You might as well replace Yahweh with Jesus everywhere you see his name mentioned in the bible.

Smh.
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:55pm On Nov 10, 2012
frosbel:

You might as well replace Yahweh with Jesus everywhere you his name mentioned in the bible.

Smh.

Answer the questions. Jesus is the invisible God manifested in the flesh.
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by ijawkid(m): 10:01pm On Nov 10, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Jesus is the image of the invincible God(just like we all) and not the invincible God manifested in the flesh..

For you to say the above is heresy!!!
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:16pm On Nov 10, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

"And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."(1 Timothy 3:16)

"God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit." "The Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us" (John 1:14), and was "declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the Spirit of holiness" (Romans 1:4).

This verse relates Christ's human/divine nature but it will remain a mystery to you if you close your eyes to this revelation.

"Without controversy great is the mystery of godliness".

Still a mystery to unbelievers.
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Nobody: 10:35pm On Nov 10, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

My polytheist pal, it is not a mystery to all those who believe in ONE GOD.
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by ijawkid(m): 11:22pm On Nov 10, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Keep on wallowÍng in man made mysteries.....

Jesus is the" image"" of the invincible God and not the invincible GOd..

Please read colossians 1:15 incase you've forgotten so easily.....
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:38pm On Nov 10, 2012
frosbel:

My polytheist pal, it is not a mystery to all those who believe in ONE GOD.

But you don't believe in One God. You actually believe in The Almighty God and the Mighty God since you insist that Jesus is a lesser God.
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:44pm On Nov 10, 2012
ijawkid:

Keep on wallowÍng in man made mysteries.....

Jesus is the" image"" of the invincible God and not the invincible GOd..

Please read colossians 1:15 incase you've forgotten so easily.....

Bible lesson 101 for rookies:

"Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him" (Colossians 1:15-16).

Colossians 1:15
1:15 image. This is a clear affirmation of the absolute deity of Jesus Christ. Christ is whatever God is—spiritual, omnipotent, omniscient, holy—all the attributes of the eternal God. The word "image" (Greek eikon) conveys this meaning. Jesus Christ represents—indeed is — "very God of very God." Jesus said, "He that hath seen me hath seen the Father" (John 14:9). God in His essence is invisible (John 1:18) but we see all His attributes in Christ.

Colossians 1:15
1:15 firstborn. Christ is "the firstborn," not in the sense that He ever came into existence from a prior condition of non-existence, but rather as eternally proceeding from the Father, the only begotten Son, always manifesting the Father. This truth can be called the doctrine of eternal generation. He is from eternity to eternity in relation to the Father as a Son. Some are sons of God by creation (e.g., angels; see Job 1:6), and we can become sons of God by adoption (e.g., Romans 8:14-15), but He is the Son, by eternal generation (or eternal relation) the only-begotten of the Father. He also has the right of inheritance of the firstborn (Hebrews 1:2) and is "the firstborn from the dead" (Colossians 1:18).

Colossians 1:16
1:16 all things created. Jesus Christ certainly is not a created being—not even the first created being—as many have argued, for the obvious reason that He Himself is the Creator of all things in heaven and earth, material and spiritual, visible or invisible. Only God can create, and God did not create Himself! Note also John 1:1-3; Ephesians 3:9; Hebrews 1:2-3.

1:16 powers. The "thrones, dominions, principalities and powers" clearly are in reference to the spiritual creation of the vast host of heaven. The pagan world, whether of the ancient Greeks or of the modern New Agers, has always believed in angels, demons or spirit beings of various types and powers, and it is vital for us to understand that such beings do exist and can wield great influence in the visible world as well as the invisible. Even these, however, were created by Jesus Christ! Many have rebelled against Him, both men and angels, always justifying themselves by maintaining they are the products of some cosmic evolutionary process instead of creation by the eternal, transcendent God.

1:16 for him. All things were not only created by God in Christ, but also for Him (see also Romans 11:36; 1 Corinthians 15:28; Ephesians 1:10). We cannot comprehend all this now, but even the evil that God has allowed will somehow eventually redound to His glory (Romans 9:21-23).
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Boomark(m): 11:50pm On Nov 10, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

I see that your definition of trinity is quite different from that of the others.

Are you saying that Jesus is the Father in flesh and also the Holy spirit in another form?
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:57pm On Nov 10, 2012
Boomark:

I see that your definition of trinity is quite different from that of the others.

Are you saying that Jesus is the Father in flesh and also the Holy spirit in another form?

No. That is Modalism.
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Boomark(m): 12:07am On Nov 11, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

No. That is Modalism.

So what is your definition of it?
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:15am On Nov 11, 2012
Boomark:

So what is your definition of it?

The Trinity is defined as one God who exists in three eternal, simultaneous, and distinct persons known as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Read the OP for details.
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Boomark(m): 2:57pm On Nov 11, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

The Trinity is defined as one God who exists in three eternal, simultaneous, and distinct persons known as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Read the OP for details.

You said "one God WHO exist..." I want to know if the term "one God" refers to a person WHO exist as 3 persons or a thing WHICH exist as 3 person? It is either a person who... Or a thing which.

Just want to understand your definition.
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by honeychild(f): 9:17pm On Nov 11, 2012
@ oladegbu

Some questions for you
1. If you look into heaven now how many Persons would you see 1, 2, or 3?
2m what or who was ;Jesus before he came to earth?
3. When he went back to heaveen did he return to his former position or personality? Or was there a change in his circmstancesvb€?
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:04pm On Nov 13, 2012
Boomark:

You said "one God WHO exist..." I want to know if the term "one God" refers to a person WHO exist as 3 persons or a thing WHICH exist as 3 person? It is either a person who... Or a thing which.

Just want to understand your definition.

The Father x The Son x The Holy Spirit = One God (1 x 1 x 1 = 1). Just as past, present and future = time. Height, Width, Depth = Space. Solid, liquid, Gas = Matter

Re: Another Look At The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:05pm On Nov 13, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Creation

Basically, the universe consists of three elements: Time, Space, and Matter. Each of these is comprised of three 'components.'

Time:

Past - Present - Future

Space:

Height - Width - Depth

Matter:

Solid - Liquid - Gas

TIME - SPACE - MATTER

As the Trinitarian doctrine maintains, each of the persons of the Godhead is distinct, yet they are all each, by nature, God.

With time, for example, the past is distinct from the present, which is distinct from the future. Each is simultaneous, yet they are not three 'times,' but one. That is, they all share the same nature: time.

With space, height is distinct from width, which is distinct from depth, which is distinct from height. Yet, they are not three 'spaces,' but one. That is, they all share the same nature: space.

With matter, solid is not the same as liquid, which is not the same as gas, which is not the same as solid. Yet, they are not three 'matters,' but one. That is, they all share the same nature: matter.

Note that there are three sets of threes. In other words, there is a trinity of trinities. If we were to look at the universe and notice these qualities within it, is it fair to say that these are the fingerprints of God upon His creation? I think so. Not only is this simply an observation, but it is also a good source for an analogy of the Trinity.

Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 13, 2012
^^^^

Join the occult !
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:15pm On Nov 13, 2012
honeychild:

@ oladegbu

Some questions for you
1. If you look into heaven now how many Persons would you see 1, 2, or 3?

honeychild:

2m what or who was ;Jesus before he came to earth?

The Word (Logos). The only begotten Son of God.

honeychild:

3. When he went back to heaveen did he return to his former position or personality? Or was there a change in his circmstancesvb€?

He is now the Son of God and the Son of Man sitted on the right hand of the Father.
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 13, 2012
[quote author=OLAADEGBU]

2 what ? 2 Persons or 2 gods ?

The Word (Logos). The only begotten Son of God.

Good.

Son of God means exactly that, Son of God.

He is now the Son of God and the Son of Man sitted on the right hand of the Father.

He has always been the Son of GOD.
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Boomark(m): 4:19pm On Nov 13, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

The Father x The Son x The Holy Spirit = One God (1 x 1 x 1 = 1). Just as past, present and future = time. Height, Width, Depth = Space. Solid, liquid, Gas = Matter

Matter is any THING that has weight.... It is clear.
But the term "one God" or "God" is it a NAME, ANYTHING or a PERSON?

Because you said 'one God' who...
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Boomark(m): 4:26pm On Nov 13, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

So before He became the son of God and son of Man, what was He called and His position then?

And when He ascended to heaven did He go back to that position?
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by honeychild(f): 7:43am On Nov 14, 2012
[/b][b]@olaadegbu
Pls can you explain these scriptyures:

Phl 2:9 whereefore God also hath highly exalted him and given him a name which is above every other name.
1 cor 15:27,28: For he had put everything under his feet. Now wwhen it says that 'everything' has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself who put everything under Christ. -NIV

To me it surre sdounds like the Bible here is making a clear distinction between God and Christ. What do you think?
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by PastorKun(m): 8:27am On Nov 14, 2012
honeychild: [/b][b]@olaadegbu

Phl 2:9 whereefore God also hath highly exalted him and given him a name which is above every other name.
1 cor 15:27,28: For he had put everything under his feet. Now wwhen it says that 'everything' has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself who put everything under Christ. -NIV

To me it surre sdounds like the Bible here is making a clear distinction between God and Christ. What do you think?

It's sure a very clear distinction with hierachy embedded within, but knuckle heads like olaadegbu would refuse to understand it as simple as it is.
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:12pm On Nov 14, 2012
Boomark:

Matter is any THING that has weight.... It is clear.
But the term "one God" or "God" is it a NAME, ANYTHING or a PERSON?

Because you said 'one God' who...

Tell me what you mean by the term "God" and let us start from there.
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:20pm On Nov 14, 2012
Boomark:

So before He became the son of God and son of Man, what was He called and His position then?

What is your understanding of the title Son of God and Son of man to start with?

Boomark:

And when He ascended to heaven did He go back to that position?

Before He ascended to heaven do you believe that He first descended to earth?
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:20pm On Nov 14, 2012
honeychild:

[/b][b]@olaadegbu

Let us see the context of the verse you are quoting so as to make some pertinent points raise there.

"Wherefore God also has highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things under the earth" (Philippians 2:10-11).

Lets compare this with the OT:

"Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else. I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear" (Isaiah 45:22-23).

"Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God" (Hebrews 12:2).

Now, can you come to the conclusion as to who Jesus Christ really is from the verses in both OT and NT quoted above?

honeychild:

When the Bible says "God" in most cases it refers to God the Father. The Son of God had to become the Son of man so as to make man become the sons of God. This was the arrangement God made to redeem us back to Him. The Father is not inferior to the Son neither is the Son or the Holy Spirit inferior to the Father but they perform different roles in our creation and redemption.

Each member of the Trinity are equal in being, but subordinate in role and this is what is called the ontological equality but economic subordination which is seen in human relationships such as in marriage and working relationships. My boss at work and myself are equal in our being but if my boss tells me to do a job for him and I obey him, that doesn't mean that I am inferior to him but because he has authority over me because he is my boss and we perform different roles to get the job done. The same goes with the relationship between the husband and the wife as my picture depicted earlier. Therefore, Jesus, the Son and God the Father are both equal in their being but different in their roles.
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 14, 2012
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 14, 2012
[quote author=OLAADEGBU]

"Wherefore God also has highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things under the earth" (Philippians 2:10-11).

So GOD exalted himself grin

Lets compare this with the OT:

"Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else. I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear" (Isaiah 45:22-23).

Hmm, how does this correlate with the former statement.

In the former, God exalts the MAN Jesus, in the later, God issues a decree.

English is so simple.

"Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God" (Hebrews 12:2).

Now, can you come to the conclusion as to who Jesus Christ really is from the verses in both OT and NT quoted above?

Hmm, but he is not on the throne of GOD , he is at the right hand of GOD, how does this make him GOD.

There is only ONE GOD who sits on his throne with his Son the Lord Jesus at his right hand side.

When the Bible says "God" in most cases it refers to God the Father. The Son of God had to become the Son of man so as to make man become the sons of God. This was the arrangement God made to redeem us back to Him. The Father is not inferior to the Son neither is the Son or the Holy Spirit inferior to the Father but they perform different roles in our creation and redemption.

Especially when this GOD is qualified with Almighty , it always refers to Yahweh.

The SON is indeed inferior to the father and the Spirit is actually God's spirit not a seperate person.

Please try not to confine God to heaven.

Each member of the Trinity are equal in being, but subordinate in role

What a nonsense statement.

Equal but subordinate, lol. What does this mean .

and this is what is called the ontological equality but economic subordination which is seen in human relationships such as in marriage and working relationships.

Theological gibberish.

A Man is a person and his WIFE is a person, they are only one in function and purpose not in essense. In other words, they are 2 Persons, not 1 Person = 2.

My boss at work and myself are equal in our being but if my boss tells me to do a job for him and I obey him,

I go die oooo .....

that doesn't mean that I am inferior

You are inferior to your boss in position , trust me.

Therefore you are his/her subordinate.

The same goes with the relationship between the husband and the wife as my picture depicted earlier. Therefore, Jesus, the Son and God the Father are both equal in their being but different in their roles.

The other way round, they are equal in role and purpose but different in being.

Hope this helps.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Quran Fraud Contradictions Or Great Truths? / The Prophets Of Hell / True Prosperity as a Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.