Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,692 members, 7,823,946 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Another Look At The Trinity - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Another Look At The Trinity (7281 Views)

Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ / About The Trinity / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Enigma(m): 9:49am On Oct 16, 2012
1 Corinthians 10

1 For I do not want you to be ignorant of the fact, brothers, that our forefathers were all under the cloud and that they all passed through the sea. 2 They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea. 3 They all ate the same spiritual food 4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.

cool

1 Like

Re: Another Look At The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:22am On Oct 16, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace" (Isaiah 9:6).

Jesus is here named The mighty God and this is in the OT.

For those who think Jesus is a lesser God because of the word "mighty" in the verse above should consider the following verse:

"Behold, God is mighty, and despises not any: he is mighty in strength and wisdom"(Job 36:5).

Who is the verse referring if you can tell?
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Image123(m): 11:26am On Oct 16, 2012
I'm so feeling these, well done guys.
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Image123(m): 11:26am On Oct 16, 2012
I'm so feeling these, well done guys. God so bless you.
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Enigma(m): 1:29pm On Oct 16, 2012
Daniel 7:9
"As I looked, "thrones were set in place, and the Ancient of Days took his seat. His clothing was as white as snow; the hair of his head was white like wool. His throne was flaming with fire, and its wheels were all ablaze.

Micah 5:2
2 “But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me
one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times.”

Revelation 1:14
His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire.

2 Thessalonians 1:7
. . . . This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels.

cool

Edited
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:00pm On Oct 17, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

For those who think Jesus is a lesser God because of the word "mighty" in the verse above should consider the following verse:

"Behold, God is mighty, and despises not any: he is mighty in strength and wisdom"(Job 36:5).

Who is the verse referring if you can tell?

More verses for the mighty God but who is He? Is He any less than God almighty?

"But how his bow abode in strength, and the arms of his hands were made strong by the hands of the mighty God of Jacob . . . " (Genesis 49:24).

"Until I find a place for the LORD, an habitation for the mighty God of Jacob." (Psalm 132:5).

"For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regards not persons, nor takes reward" (Deuteronomy 10:17).
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Skills10: 6:32am On Oct 18, 2012
What is this argument here?
There is only ONE GOD, but 3 Personalities.
John 1:1 In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and THE WORD WAS GOD.
Phil 2:5-8 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:Who being in very nature GOD,did not consider eqaility with GOD something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death-even death on a cross.
Jesus Christ by nature is God.the bible says so.

1 Like

Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Enigma(m): 8:25am On Oct 18, 2012
John 5
16 So, because Jesus was doing these things on the Sabbath, the Jews persecuted him. 17 Jesus said to them, “My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I, too, am working.” 18For this reason the Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

John 10
22 Then came the Feast of Dedication at Jerusalem. It was winter, 23 and Jesus was in the temple area walking in Solomon’s Colonnade. 24 The Jews gathered around him, saying, “How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Christ, tell us plainly.”

25 Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The miracles I do in my Father’s name speak for me, 26 but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”

31 Again the Jews picked up stones to stone him, 32 but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many great miracles from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”

33“We are not stoning you for any of these,” replied the Jews, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

Hebrews 1:3
The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being . . .

smiley

1 Like

Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Nobody: 8:44am On Oct 18, 2012
@Enigma, you have mail, bro.
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Enigma(m): 8:49am On Oct 18, 2012
Matthew 26
63 But Jesus remained silent.

The high priest said to him, “I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of God.”

64 “Yes, it is as you say,” Jesus replied. . . .

John 19
6 As soon as the chief priests and their officials saw him, they shouted, “Crucify! Crucify!”

But Pilate answered, “You take him and crucify him. As for me, I find no basis for a charge against him.”

7 The Jews insisted, “We have a law, and according to that law he must die, because he claimed to be the Son of God.”

Philippians 2
5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in very nature God,

did not consider equality with God something to be grasped

7 but made himself nothing,

taking the very nature of a servant,

being made in human likeness

8 And being found in appearance as a man,

he humbled himself

and became obedient to death—

even death on a cross
!

Therefore, with Thomas, Christians worship Him Lord Jesus and say as in John 20:28
My Lord and my God!

smiley

2 Likes

Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Enigma(m): 9:19am On Oct 18, 2012
Ihedinobi: @Enigma, you have mail, bro.

Bros, I don reply jus now. smiley
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Nobody: 12:31pm On Oct 18, 2012
Enigma:

Bros, I don reply jus now. smiley

Seen it. Thank you, bro. smiley
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:34pm On Oct 18, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Yes, but who is the Truth personified?

"I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by me" (John 14:6)

Who is the Truth Personified?

"For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ." (John 1:17)

"And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free" (John 8:32).

"If the Son therefore shall make you free, you shall be free indeed." (John 8:36).

We can see from these passages that Jesus Christ is the Truth and that our spiritual freedom can only come when we get connected to the Son of God.
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 18, 2012
Trinity = Worship of 3-gods = idol worship.

Unity = Worship of 1 GOD = true worship
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:13pm On Oct 18, 2012
The Trinity In Ephesians

"There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all" (Ephesians 4:4-6)

Paul's letter to the church at Ephesus is surely one of the most profoundly doctrinal--yet intensely practical--books of the Bible, and it is not surprising that the doctrine of the tri-une God breaks into his message so frequently. For example, note Ephesians 2:18: "For through [Christ] we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father."

More often, however, it appears not in a succinct formula like this, but rather in inter-connected references to the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, always implying that each is deity, but never that they are three different "gods." Paul prayed that "the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him" (Ephesians 1:17).

He also prayed "unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, . . . That He would grant you, . . . to be strengthened with might by His Spirit in the inner man; That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith" (Ephesians 3:14,16,17). Thus the believer is "filled with all the fulness of God" (v.19).

We are exhorted to "grieve not the holy Spirit of God, . . . even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you" (Ephesians 4:30,32). And "be filled with the Spirit; . . . Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ" (Ephesians 5:18,20).

There are others, but note especially our text, speaking of our unity in Him and His tri-unity in us. "There is . . . one Spirit . . . One Lord, . . . One God and Father of all, who is above all [i.e., the Father], and through all [the Son], and in you all [the Spirit]." All this is a magnificent mystery, but a wonderful reality! HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by ijawkid(m): 2:18pm On Oct 18, 2012
OLAADEGBU: The Trinity In Ephesians

"There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all" (Ephesians 4:4-6)

Paul's letter to the church at Ephesus is surely one of the most profoundly doctrinal--yet intensely practical--books of the Bible, and it is not surprising that the doctrine of the tri-une God breaks into his message so frequently. For example, note Ephesians 2:18: "For through [Christ] we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father."

More often, however, it appears not in a succinct formula like this, but rather in inter-connected references to the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, always implying that each is deity, but never that they are three different "gods." Paul prayed that "the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him" (Ephesians 1:17).

He also prayed "unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, . . . That He would grant you, . . . to be strengthened with might by His Spirit in the inner man; That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith" (Ephesians 3:14,16,17). Thus the believer is "filled with all the fulness of God" (v.19).

We are exhorted to "grieve not the holy Spirit of God, . . . even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you" (Ephesians 4:30,32). And "be filled with the Spirit; . . . Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ" (Ephesians 5:18,20).

There are others, but note especially our text, speaking of our unity in Him and His tri-unity in us. "There is . . . one Spirit . . . One Lord, . . . One God and Father of all, who is above all [i.e., the Father], and through all [the Son], and in you all [the Spirit]." All this is a magnificent mystery, but a wonderful reality! HMM

For more . . . .

was Jesus called God in the ephesians you just read??

There attributes oneness of God to the Father alone...

I still dont know if you have problems with understanding the scriptures....

Show me in that ephesians where it says "" and one GOd who is the Father ,son,and holy spirit"":.....

Its obvious you are so confused...
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:20pm On Oct 18, 2012
ijawkid:

was Jesus called God in the ephesians you just read??

There attributes oneness of God to the Father alone...

I still dont know if you have problems with understanding the scriptures....

Show me in that ephesians where it says "" and one GOd who is the Father ,son,and holy spirit"":.....

Its obvious you are so confused...

It remains a mystery to you.
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by PastorKun(m): 2:32pm On Oct 18, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Mystery indeed! Continue to live in delusion.
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:41pm On Oct 18, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Mystery indeed! Continue to live in delusion.

It's a wonderful reality to believers in Christ.
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Enigma(m): 2:44pm On Oct 18, 2012
2 Corinthians 4:4
The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 18, 2012
Enigma: 2 Corinthians 4:4

smiley

So you don't know what image means , how sad !
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by ijawkid(m): 2:51pm On Oct 18, 2012
frosbel:

So you don't know what image means , how sad !

how can the image of the invincible almighty God still be the almighty God....

Trinitarians are just jejune.....
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Enigma(m): 2:52pm On Oct 18, 2012
John 1:18

NIV

No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known.

ESV

No one has ever seen God; the only God, who is at the Father’s side, he has made him known.

NASB

No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.

KJV (funny enough the KJV which is oft reviled here is the one that uses "Son" for 'God') smiley

No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Another Look At The Trinity by PastorKun(m): 2:54pm On Oct 18, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

It's a wonderful reality to believers in Christ.

You mean believers in the pagan concept of trinity.
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 18, 2012
ijawkid:

I don't blame them, their mother tongue is not english, grin
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Enigma(m): 2:56pm On Oct 18, 2012
1 John 5:20

We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true--even in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

smiley
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by Image123(m): 4:05pm On Oct 18, 2012
it truly takes humility to see the unity in the diversity of the Trinity.
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by truthislight: 10:35am On Oct 19, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

if it is a mystery how will people then know the only "true God" and have eternal life? John 17:3
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by truthislight: 10:40am On Oct 19, 2012
ijawkid:

i just read some post by this trinitarian and it shows how much work satan has done in their brain that they are posting "kid stuff" and cant comprehend how petty their post are.
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:36pm On Oct 19, 2012
truthislight:

if it is a mystery how will people then know the only "true God" and have eternal life? John 17:3

You can ask atheists that question. The existence of God is a mystery to them likewise those who don't believe in the doctrine of the trinity which teaches the nature of God. It doesn't make sense to them but to them who are being saved it is the power of God unto salvation.
Re: Another Look At The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:39pm On Oct 19, 2012
truthislight:

i just read some post by this trinitarian and it shows how much work satan has done in their brain that they are posting "kid stuff" and cant comprehend how petty their post are.

The Virgin birth is not scientific, is it?

Re: Another Look At The Trinity by PastorKun(m): 7:40pm On Oct 19, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

You can ask atheists that question. The existence of God is a mystery to them likewise those who don't believe in the doctrine of the trinity which teaches the nature of God. It doesn't make sense to them but to them who are being saved it is the power of God unto salvation.

Imagine a so called christian basing his faith on an unbiblical pagan doctrine. SMH satan is really hard at work.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Prophets Of Hell / True Prosperity as a Christian / Testimony Of First Fruits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.