Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? (31705 Views)

How Segun Awolowo Has Ruined The Nigerian Export Promotion Commission. / Soyinka Backs Achebe On Civil War Memoir / Attack On Awolowo Family: Count Me Out -tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by T9ksy(m): 7:12pm On Oct 18, 2012
4 REAL!!!

ilugunboy: Omo ale l'onfi owo osi ju wee ile baba ee!
Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by tomakint: 10:40am On Oct 19, 2012
Ubenedictus: sorry, i dont agree, ofeimu wont behave like ojukwu. Ojukwu didnt plan b4 excuting, that is how he caused and executed a genocide against his own people.

Lame,that's a lame remark from you (although you are far far better than DAYOKANU)! So in your own eyes, a group of people were busy killing your tribe systematically and at the same time telling you to be part of them all in the name of 'it is well' and you as the leader will believe that? Well, I perceived you are from another Planet, here on Planet Earth we are told, "Trust not a reconciled friend, for new turns cannot blot out old grudges". Looking at your Nigeria of today, has the likes of Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka and those who believe Nigeria is a failed State not been vindicated now? Be a REALIST and not an IDEALIST in an UTOPIAN WORLD where nothing is real, that's who we are in NIGERIA and that has been our problem!!!
Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by Ubenedictus(m): 12:13am On Oct 24, 2012
tomakint:

Lame,that's a lame remark from you (although you are far far better than DAYOKANU)! So in your own eyes, a group of people were busy killing your tribe systematically and at the same time telling you to be part of them all in the name of 'it is well' and you as the leader will believe that?
my opinion is different, the ibo systematical anihilated the political heavy weight of other tribes and provoked a retaliation that they couldnt handle. At the end they decleared a genocidal war upon themselves and at the end they are blaming others.
Well, I perceived you are from another Planet, here on Planet Earth we are told, "Trust not a reconciled friend, for new turns cannot blot out old grudges". Looking at your Nigeria of today, has the likes of Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka and those who believe Nigeria is a failed State not been vindicated now? Be a REALIST and not an IDEALIST in an UTOPIAN WORLD where nothing is real, that's who we are in NIGERIA and that has been our problem!!!
u are joking right? U do not know me yet u presume that im an idealist living in a utopia. I saw your quote, "those who cant take responsibility for their mistakes will end up throw d blame around and will never move forward" that is my own quote. When ojukwu started his war he failed to plan that means he planed to fail and fail he did and systematically anihilated his own people.
Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by tomakint: 5:32pm On Oct 27, 2012
[quote author=Ubenedictus] my opinion is different, the ibo systematical anihilated the political heavy weight of other tribes and provoked a retaliation that they couldnt handle. At the end they decleared a genocidal war upon themselves and at

Please tell me how they declared a genocidal war on themselves.I can agree wit u that Ojukwu didn't plan adequately well b4 the war but it's a pity you were one of those who tagged the coup 'Igbo coup' I am from a different angle on that.
Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:30pm On Oct 28, 2012
[quote author=tomakint][/quote] good question, wen u provide pipo with sticks to fight amored tanks is that not genocide? Wen u go to war wen u know u dont have food and cant adequately provide for urself is that not genocide? U were short on ammo and decided to war, is that not genocide? By all standards ojukwu decleared a genocidal war. He refused to surrender early even though he knew he cant win.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Buhari's PTF Motor Spotted In Enugu (Photo) / Ibadan Clash: Makinde, Ganduje, Three Northern Governors Visit Shasa Market / Jubilation In Kwara As Residents Receive Alert Of Buhari’s N5000 Stipend -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.