Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,260 members, 7,818,886 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? (31711 Views)

How Segun Awolowo Has Ruined The Nigerian Export Promotion Commission. / Soyinka Backs Achebe On Civil War Memoir / Attack On Awolowo Family: Count Me Out -tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by joeyfire(m): 9:55am On Oct 14, 2012
The issue of biafran troops on western nigerian soil is a much debated issue. But let's look at the fact that yorubaland was not the target in a strict sense but dodan barracks was the aim of the mission. Dodan barracks that was in the grip of an essentially northern military leadership that was in Lagos! I believe we can draw answers for ourselves individually and draw conclusions aside from what we've been told all these years.

There are issues to observe when we analyse the intentions of others. Did biafran troops come to occupy yorubaland in the strict sense of the word? Were there any attempts to remove yoruba traditional leadership in ore or other places where they were on ground. Also I want to ask, where there any crimes or atrocties comitted against yorubas? The enemy took advantage and solidified its grip by twisting and exploiting te truth. What I find puzzlng is the wholehearted embrace of propganda and politics forty fve years later

Ubenedictus: an awolowo spoke and advocated a neutral west wen d war started, but how did ojukwu pay back? He brought his army to yoruba land, that was the turning point, if ojukwu had took his army directly to d north and left d yoruba wu said they were neutral alone he would have had a leg to stand on. Ojukwu blew it, he removed d mat from under his own legs and had to bear d consequences.
Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by Ubenedictus(m): 9:59am On Oct 14, 2012
van bonattel:

nobody should justify the action of the coupists, they were completely stewpid, what followed, the pogroms was also condemnable, but the betrayal of awo was the last straw.
please what last straw? Ironsi refused to be just, he did nothing about those who were killed, awo did betray nobody, he was against any type of war, he believe d war was north against east and east against north and decleared yoruba land neutral, but what did ojukwu do? He refused to march to d north instead he went to the neutral west. This deed alone turned the table, awo ofcuz felt ojukwu had no right whatsoever to attack d neutral yoruba side. By that act ojukwu added d yorubas to the war, he had to dance to d music
Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:05am On Oct 14, 2012
van bonattel:

according to what I heard, awo agreed with zik to go back and declare oduduwa republic, but thought against it and dropped the idea later, instead suggesting the starvation policy when it seems the war was taking tioo long?
no! Awo warned ojukwu against any war, awo believe nothing could justify d war, his speech to d yoruba leader can still be found he abhored war but clearly stated that if d ibos opt out of d nigeria that the republic was broken and the yorubas will form their own unit and enter into alliance with either side that best represented their interest, the whole story changed when ojukwu refused to go to d north but went west.
Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:10am On Oct 14, 2012
Katsumoto:

Well what you heard is wrong. Awo had a meeting Ojukwu to advise against the war. Ojukwu then asked whether they could have a united Southern Nigeria. Awo responded that it would amount to betrayal if he changed the objective of his meeting with Ojukwu since he was representing the Federal government. Awo stated that it wasn't the right atmosphere to discuss such.

There was no starvation policy. That was simply Biafran propaganda. Charities were allowed to fly in food at night until June 1969. After June, Gowon refused night time flights of aid because Biafra was using aid to smuggle in weapons. Ojukwu subsequently refused day time shipments and inspections of shipments. If you were a combatant, would you allow your enemy to smuggle in weapons after you have successfully mounted a blockade? So Biafra didn't receive aid from July 1969 until the end of the war in Jan 1970 (6 months).
and some how 3mil ibos managed to stave, becos ojukwu was stealing the supplies and giving to to his army, the masses starved but ojukwu's army was ok.
Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:19am On Oct 14, 2012
whitecat007: cheesy cheesy grin grin ;DWho died and gave you the authority to choose who leaves or stays here? you lack integrity just like your people. reason you had to first deny who you are before commenting. why do you want to be yoruba you hate so much? you really need to go and take your medication. Also do any of these sound like a joke to you? no way you are Yoruba, the ability to see the big picture has eluded you or what happened to action and consequence? don't ever in your miserable life hide under yoruba to spew the garbage you just did here again. I hope your psychiatrist finds you before you get shoved in the mouth of an 18 wheeler, Alawoku kobokobo.
i throw d bolded back at ya. Wu died and gave ur leader the right to decided wu will live or die among d civil leaders?
Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by ikeyman00(m): 10:23am On Oct 14, 2012
@@@@@ to the yeye and offemmanu up there i got a question for ya

what happpened to aburi treaty

once again for the last time ur awo frog should be destroyed in his grave as soon as possible

it is a big damn shame some of una got the nerves to counter-argue nonesense
Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:52am On Oct 14, 2012
tomakint:

Are you aware that most of the Military senior officers of Northern extraction felt bad that Maimalari (the most senior military office from the Northern Region)was killed and careless about the Sardauna? Are you aware that, the gross corruption of the land at that time was mainly from the staple of the sardauna? Are you aware that Ironsi was lucky to escape death as a result of the telephone message he received from the Col. james pam? As for Ifeajuna drinking tea with Okpara, well I am just hearing that here for the first time. Then as for your comment here; "You kill my elders, you think I would send a letter to you asking you to present your own elders to be killed? I would wipe out your whole village", I think that's quite barbaric of you. Indeed I now understand why you are with the Nigerian government on the Civil war. The civil war was clearly an Agenda of the northern hegemony and we (the Yorubas) were used to kill our 'brothers in the eastern part!
im very suprised at you, u claim there is no justification for killing 3mil ibos, to that i respond that kill 1 human being is unjustified but in a war, what did u expect? The moment ojukwu responded with a war instead of keeping his troops in iboland it gave justification for d stuff that ensued, the moment he went to yorubaland and went in with troops and killed the yorubas in d pretense of liberating them(all the northern troop had already been removed from d west) he sealed his own coffin. The ibos had a direct route to the north they didnt take it.
Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by ayobase(m): 12:34pm On Oct 14, 2012
joeyfire: Quit puzzyfooting around and answer my question jack. I ask how igbos provoke their hosts and you are reciting the sae 1966 story. How are igbos provoking your people. U haven't been able to outline the much touted provocation that is deserving of conflict. I believe that it boils down to xenophobia and orientation and nothing else. Like I said if you are bigot be proud of what you are. There are lots of bigots in the world so u should feel comfortable in your skin

Joey, scapping 1966 events, means scrapping the war.
War doesn't just break out without a cause, no matter infinitesimal or trivial is it.
''I asked for Soldiers, but Im seeing Civilians in uniforms'' our dual-raced Aguiyi-Ironsi blurted out.
The problem started when politics started infilterating the Military.
The Late Governor, Hassan Katsina declared ''.....on the presence of 'bookish people' who had joined the army for rather different reasons from the normal military crowd''.
And the 'bookish people' are six in number (2 Lt. Col. And 4 Majors) 2 Igbos and 4 Yorubas. No Hausa.
We all know where the problem started from!
Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by Madawaki01(m): 1:21pm On Oct 14, 2012
joeyfire: The issue of biafran troops on western nigerian soil is a much debated issue. But let's look at the fact that yorubaland was not the target in a strict sense but dodan barracks was the aim of the mission. Dodan barracks that was in the grip of an essentially northern military leadership that was in Lagos! I believe we can draw answers for ourselves individually and draw conclusions aside from what we've been told all these years.

There are issues to observe when we analyse the intentions of others. Did biafran troops come to occupy yorubaland in the strict sense of the word? Were there any attempts to remove yoruba traditional leadership in ore or other places where they were on ground. Also I want to ask, where there any crimes or atrocties comitted against yorubas? The enemy took advantage and solidified its grip by twisting and exploiting te truth.

so why did they remove d governor of d region and put an ibo man there,from what u said,one cud hav seen dat u didn't tink b4 u typed....so they wil march to dodan barracks without killing civilians,or yoruba soldiers or u don't know dat if they take dodan barracks they wil appoint anoda governor 4 d region....why not conquer d whole north first b4 marching to lagos,when biafran forces entered ore,the pple residing there ran away,why?they know looting,killing of civilians and destruction of their properties wil follow,there is no way an armed forces of anoda tribe wil enta anoda tribe and won't cause harm to d pple....u make me laugh joey

1 Like

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by JudgeLaski: 1:35pm On Oct 14, 2012
QUESTION: DID OJUKWU foresee a route of ESCAPE for himself prior to risking the lives of millions who believed they would die together for Biafran cause? WAR without food is suicide/genocide mission. Genocide was forseeable by every reasonable General. Even blockade was used in Jericho and Samaria. Sadly, Baifran leaders were willing to risk the lives of millions by going to war without the capacity to protect vital frontiers of supply. When aare onakakanfo (genearalisimo of Yoruba people) loses a war, he must commit suicide. that was the custom. so a general must at least be be sure of Mutually Assured Destruction - that of himself and his enemy. if you cannot guarantee that, then war would be utterly senseless. make peace like Jesus admonished. Discretion is the better part of valour! It is grievous that ALL PRINCIPAL ACTORS OF THE WAR ESCAPED unscathed whilst foot soldiers and civilians died. Nor is this to argue that Igbos couldn't have been restrained from breaking away without casualties. so SAD

1 Like

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by Ubenedictus(m): 2:41pm On Oct 14, 2012
joeyfire: The issue of biafran troops on western nigerian soil is a much debated issue. But let's look at the fact that yorubaland was not the target in a strict sense but dodan barracks was the aim of the mission. Dodan barracks that was in the grip of an essentially northern military leadership that was in Lagos! I believe we can draw answers for ourselves individually and draw conclusions aside from what we've been told all these years.

There are issues to observe when we analyse the intentions of others. Did biafran troops come to occupy yorubaland in the strict sense of the word? Were there any attempts to remove yoruba traditional leadership in ore or other places where they were on ground. Also I want to ask, where there any crimes or atrocties comitted against yorubas? The enemy took advantage and solidified its grip by twisting and exploiting te truth. What I find puzzlng is the wholehearted embrace of propganda and politics forty fve years later

oh! By the time ojukwu started d war the northerners had already been ordered back to the north. Wu was ojukwu going to fight, besides for a waring army to pass thru and nothing bad happened is like say the Dog helped you in safe keeping d meat u droped on its plate. It is imposible.
Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by joeyfire(m): 2:44pm On Oct 14, 2012
Bros, some of the people of ore may have fled but at least we know that the traditional leadership received Banjo and there were (as far as I know) NO killings or atrocities of any kind. If biafra intended to occupy they would have committed evil while they were on ground.

As for biafran troops probably having to kill yoruba soldiers en route to lagos my answer is they would have had to kill NIGERIAN soldiers of yoruba ethnicity. No shaking for that one. The bone of contention for me is that biafran troops indeed entered NIGERIAN soil en route to the seat of power and conducted themselves in a manner that showed they were not after yoruba lives. The army of bigots on NL know its true. I challenge anyone to prove this

Madawaki01: so why did they remove d governor of d region and put an ibo man there,from what u said,one cud hav seen dat u didn't tink b4 u typed....so they wil march to dodan barracks without killing civilians,or yoruba soldiers or u don't know dat if they take dodan barracks they wil appoint anoda governor 4 d region....why not conquer d whole north first b4 marching to lagos,when biafran forces entered ore,the pple residing there ran away,why?they know looting,killing of civilians and destruction of their properties wil follow,there is no way an armed forces of anoda tribe wil enta anoda tribe and won't cause harm to d pple....u make me laugh joey
Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by joeyfire(m): 2:51pm On Oct 14, 2012
Shuo! Benedictus o who told u that northern soldiers had been moved back to the north. I hope you are aware that Joe Garba who led the force that pushed the biafrans back from ore was a northerner

Ubenedictus: oh! By the time ojukwu started d war the northerners had already been ordered back to the north. Wu was ojukwu going to fight, besides for a waring army to pass thru and nothing bad happened is like say the Dog helped you in safe keeping d meat u droped on its plate. It is imposible.
Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by joeyfire(m): 2:59pm On Oct 14, 2012
By all means we must always look at the lessons learned in 1966 but the onus is on that guy to prove that igbos are "provoking" their hosts to warrant genocide or large scale violence today. Abeg allow the guy to answer.

As for katsina's comment about bookish people joining the army, we know the attitude of the northern elite to educationand we have seen the results today in the north. I have my personal opinion of why katsina and his ogas (gowon excluded) wanted everyone around the illiterate and easy to dceive but that's for another time

ayobase:

Joey, scapping 1966 events, means scrapping the war.
War doesn't just break out without a cause, no matter infinitesimal or trivial is it.
''I asked for Soldiers, but Im seeing Civilians in uniforms'' our dual-raced Aguiyi-Ironsi blurted out.
The problem started when politics started infilterating the Military.
The Late Governor, Hassan Katsina declared ''.....on the presence of 'bookish people' who had joined the army for rather different reasons from the normal military crowd''.
And the 'bookish people' are six in number (2 Lt. Col. And 4 Majors) 2 Igbos and 4 Yorubas. No Hausa.
We all know where the problem started from!
Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by dayokanu(m): 3:04pm On Oct 14, 2012
joeyfire: Bros, some of the people of ore may have fled but at least we know that the traditional leadership received Banjo and there were (as far as I know) NO killings or atrocities of any kind. If biafra intended to occupy they would have committed evil while they were on ground.

As for biafran troops probably having to kill yoruba soldiers en route to lagos my answer is they would have had to kill NIGERIAN soldiers of yoruba ethnicity. No shaking for that one. The bone of contention for me is that biafran troops indeed entered NIGERIAN soil en route to the seat of power and conducted themselves in a manner that showed they were not after yoruba lives. The army of bigots on NL know its true. I challenge anyone to prove this

How did the Biafra troops conduct themselves in the Midwest when they invaded? Lets hear from a son of the Midwest Nowa Omoiguis account

With the announcement of Major Okonkwo's appointment as Military Administrator, Midwest, came the imposition of a dusk to dawn curfew and other measures consistent with martial law. Only individuals with passes could move freely at night. The administrative machinery of the civil service was manipulated to empower those who supported the invasion (or were trusted) rather than the traditional seniority based hierarchy. Mr. Agbajor (an Itsekiri police officer who had escaped from a northern hit squad at Makurdi in September 1966) became Chief of Police. Mr. Esedebe (Midwest Ibo) functioned as Head of Service.

Some military officers then persuaded a number of traditional rulers in the Ibo-speaking areas of the state to sign petitions calling for a merger with their "kith and kin" in the east. Local Governments across the board were mandated to donate materials for transportation to Enugu to assist in the War effort. Salt was rationed because of its presumably more important use as a raw material for explosives. Because of the cutoff of northern sources of cattle, meat became scarce. Shortages of other essential commodities also developed. As might be expected, not everyone was equally affected by the shortages, creating yet another sore point (among many) for ethnic resentment.

Outright molestation, harassment and killing of non-Ibo civilians occurred on a daily basis. At night "suspected saboteurs" were fished out of their homes and arrested. The Hausa community in the Lagos street area of Benin and other parts of the state were targeted for particularly savage treatment, in part a reprisal for the pogroms of 1966, but also out of security concerns that they would naturally harbor sympathies for the regime in Lagos. But non-Hausas were just as badly treated. And as the hostility of the local population became more intense, so did the degree of indiscrete brutality for "internal security". Non-Ibo alumni of St. Patrick's College, Asaba and Government College, Ughelli, found to their chagrin that old school ties meant nothing in the new dispensation (17).

Radio broadcasts "educated" the public about the role of 'gallant' Biafran troops who had only come to liberate them from the "bondage of the feudal Hausa-Fulani oligarchy". An economic cooperation agreement was announced between the 'independent' states of Biafra and the Midwest. The truth, though, was that Ojukwu retained authority to approve all expenditures made by the Okonkwo regime and it was not until September 13th that normal postal, telephone and telegraphic services between Biafra and the Midwest were resumed (15). Counter-propaganda was indeed launched by federal radio, which appealed to the citizens of the state for loyalty and cooperation.

In this atmosphere, civil resistance and disobedience germinated, predominantly among non-Ibos. But a few Midwest Ibo-speaking soldiers and civilians did become leery about the invasion and felt the 'interference' from "across the Niger" was getting out of hand. On the other side of this opinion divide was the powerful, so-called "Enugu clique", eager to share in the destiny of the corporate Ibo nation (14). Such ambiguous sensitivities and antipathies within and between "western" and "eastern" Ibos have always existed. Long after the civil war, for example, it even affected negotiations about the creation of a proposed Anioma state (18)

http://www.dawodu.net/midwest.htm
Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by tomakint: 3:33pm On Oct 14, 2012
@judgelaski, you made some points in ur post but in order to avoid making it one-sided, have u considered the precarious conditions the igbos were subjected to all over the federation? have u put into deeper consideration that the pogrom against the igbos was indirectly supported by the government of the day? have u considered that the retaliatory putsch of july 1966 was the foundation of the civil war?have u put into ur consideration that if you are ojukwu at that time, you will do d same thing?
Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by dayokanu(m): 3:40pm On Oct 14, 2012
Retaliation was in response to an earlier action which other leaders were killed in their bedrooms we have advised others to get over.

Let Igbos too get over the civil war and quit whining about it.

We have gotten over the killing of Bello, Balewa, Akintola, Okotie-Eboh, maimalari etc Let them get over the killing of 3m people too
Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by tomakint: 3:56pm On Oct 14, 2012
dayokanu: Retaliation was in response to an earlier action which other leaders were killed in their bedrooms we have advised others to get over.

We have gotten over the killing of Bello, Balewa, Akintola, Okotie-Eboh, maimalari etc Let them get over the killing of 3m people too
is this part of the dop3 you are selling off your cell phone? dayokanu get well soon you are definitely sick!

2 Likes

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by dayokanu(m): 3:58pm On Oct 14, 2012
tomakint:
is this part of the dop3 you are selling off your cell phone? dayokanu get well soon you are definitely sick!

I wish you good health also. and in case you want some dop3 too let me knw
Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by ayobase(m): 4:20pm On Oct 14, 2012
joeyfire: Bros, some of the people of ore may have fled but at least we know that the traditional leadership received Banjo and there were (as far as I know) NO killings or atrocities of any kind. If biafra intended to occupy they would have committed evil while they were on ground.

I need to know pls. Were they engaged by Nigerian Soldiers of Yoruba Ethnicity?
Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by ayobase(m): 4:26pm On Oct 14, 2012
joeyfire: ...... I have my personal opinion of why katsina and his ogas (gowon excluded) wanted everyone around the illiterate and easy to dceive but that's for another time

That statement gat me thinking....still trying to think through it!
Hmmm!
Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by ayobase(m): 4:30pm On Oct 14, 2012
dayokanu: Retaliation was in response to an earlier action which other leaders were killed in their bedrooms we have advised others to get over.

Its either they don't undertsand the question-like and ensnaring message, or they are simply absconding to answer.
Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by tomakint: 6:29pm On Oct 14, 2012
Ubenedictus: im very suprised at you, u claim there is no justification for killing 3mil ibos, to that i respond that kill 1 human being is unjustified but in a war, what did u expect? The moment ojukwu responded with a war instead of keeping his troops in iboland it gave justification for d stuff that ensued, the moment he went to yorubaland and went in with troops and killed the yorubas in d pretense of liberating them(all the northern troop had already been removed from d west) he sealed his own coffin. The ibos had a direct route to the north they didnt take it.

you are putting the cart before the horse, the pogroms and secret killings of the Igbos started way long before the war (right from May 1966 to September 1966 over 20,000 Igbos have been wasted in the North)! What is wrong with you? Why are you masking the truth? What is this post turning into from people like you? They (the Northern clique) have started their secret exterminations of the igbos right from that May riot and ojukwu complained to Gowon, he kept reassuring with him that he will look into it, and yet the killings went on. so, under that kind of scenario what would you do if you are in Ojukwu shoes?, when the indications on your table is telling you that your tribe is no longer needed. You will look elsewhere and pretend all is well too? No sir, Ojukwu did what was best for his people the more reason he died a hero, beat that!
Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by tomakint: 6:32pm On Oct 14, 2012

@ Dayokanu, I am sure you know the meaning of nemesis, my Bible calls it the ‘Law of Retribution’ the Buddhist call it ‘Law of Karma’, if you look at your Nigeria of today you will see the Igbos have been vindicated and from all indications of what is happening in Nigeria of today, “It is clearly written in the sky now that Ojukwu is the clear HERO while Gowon (Mr Go On With One Nigeria) and his ‘gangs are the clear VILLAINS in the Nigerian Civil War”! I have read many books and articles on the war and I have come to realise that there are many hearsays yet to be documented on the war that I have heard from many people who actually took part in the war that makes my heart melt. I have heard from some unscrupulous elements on this forum that no Igbo were killed in Yorubaland which are all lies, the truth is, many Igbos who were trapped in many Yoruba land shortly after the war started were massively killed or betrayed into the hands of Nigerian troops, it was that diabolical. I doubt if you have ‘human blood’ flowing in your veins when you pick up any book on the war and see the gory details of the war towards innocent lives. I can see you grinning cheek to cheek as your trigger-happy Brigadier Benjamin Adekunle (a man you so much love to be like) with his AK-47 spraying anything called ‘Biafrans’ (be they toddlers, pregnant and nursing women, babies, helpless youths) with his bullets. My question to you is; “Where are your ‘warriors’ today and look at the same breed (The Igbos) you love to hate today?

1 Like

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by joeyfire(m): 8:33pm On Oct 14, 2012
At times I doubt if blogs are a good thing. its very funny how all the information on alleged igbo atrocities are has only come from one blog. No report by any foreign neutral media, no clear cut documentation by nigerian media. Its startling how far gone most ppl are into lies and revisionism. Do you know that there was a panel of enquiry into alleged rebel atrocities put together by the FG after the biafran army retreated from the midwest? Now u guys have expo, go and research and let me see the results. Till then mere quotes from a blog doesn't cut it

Didn't the midwest have newspapers to carry the news? Didn't any foreign print media which would have surely reported it, have the power to publish such news? I respect wrters who have the guts to put their writeups together into a book that can be critiqued for generations to come. I am not going to swallow a featherweight article because it lends more bullets to my ammo or grease to my engine against a particular people.

I challenge you to go and look for a book called "let truth be told" by d.w.muffett. The writer was with british intelligence and was very pro- sardauna. He painted facts n wild colours but even he didn't lie blatantly about igbos massacre of midwesterners

dayokanu:

How did the Biafra troops conduct themselves in the Midwest when they invaded? Lets hear from a son of the Midwest Nowa Omoiguis account

http://www.dawodu.net/midwest.htm
Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by dayokanu(m): 8:37pm On Oct 14, 2012
tomakint: @ Dayokanu, I am sure you know the meaning of nemesis, my Bible calls it the ‘Law of Retribution’ the Buddhist call it ‘Law of Karma’, if you look at your Nigeria of today you will see the Igbos have been vindicated and from all indications of what is happening in Nigeria of today, “It is clearly written in the sky now that Ojukwu is the clear HERO while Gowon (Mr Go On With One Nigeria) and his ‘gangs are the clear VILLAINS in the Nigerian Civil War”! I have read many books and articles on the war and I have come to realise that there are many hearsays yet to be documented on the war that I have heard from many people who actually took part in the war that makes my heart melt. I have heard from some unscrupulous elements on this forum that no Igbo were killed in Yorubaland which are all lies, the truth is, many Igbos who were trapped in many Yoruba land shortly after the war started were massively killed or betrayed into the hands of Nigerian troops, it was that diabolical. I doubt if you have ‘human blood’ flowing in your veins when you pick up any book on the war and see the gory details of the war towards innocent lives. I can see you grinning cheek to cheek as your trigger-happy Brigadier Benjamin Adekunle (a man you so much love to be like) with his AK-47 spraying anything called ‘Biafrans’ (be they toddlers, pregnant and nursing women, babies, helpless youths) with his bullets. My question to you is; “Where are your ‘warriors’ today and look at the same breed (The Igbos) you love to hate today?

I am sure every Igbo after 1970 knows what the Law of Karma is and you are simply preaching to the choir here.

Law of Karma is when you kill other peoples leaders and they come back and wipe out your whole generation.

I also didnt know "innocent lives" is a phrase reserved for Igbos alone, I didnt know that Balewa, Okotie-Eboh, Akintola, Maimalari and Bello were "guilty lives" that deserve to be wasted. Well we got the memo on January 15 1966 and responded appropriately.

And the message is clear now, Kill our people and we would wipe out your whole city. We dont joke around. Especially when all your leaders were "lucky" to escape and ours didnt escape

Whatever you said was done to Igbos in the SouthWest. was first done to others by Igbos in the Midwest read Nowa Omoguis account "Outright molestation, harassment and killing of non-Ibo civilians occurred on a daily basis. At night "suspected saboteurs" were fished out of their homes and arrested.". That was where Karma came into it and gave Adekunle the rifle and the knowledge to perform the collateral damage.

Where are the Igbos today? Well they are still scattered all over the country when their own caves have been inhabitable with as high as 73% poverty in places like Ebonyi

Like Yorubas say. Eni ti o ba gbin ebu ika, Omo omo re a ja nibe. Whoever sows the seed of wickedness(killing other peoples leaders) his great grand children would eat thereof

4 Likes

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by joeyfire(m): 8:50pm On Oct 14, 2012
Honestly I can't say for sure. I know for a certainty that biafran troops swept into the midwest and through to ore unchallenged, so there wouldn't have been any real engagement per say on their way to ore. I know that the group that forced them back from ore was led by Joe Garba

ayobase:

I need to know pls. Were they engaged by Nigerian Soldiers of Yoruba Ethnicity?
Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by joeyfire(m): 8:56pm On Oct 14, 2012
Nowa omogui's article is 30 percent truth and 70 percent lies. He is the only source on earth of information on so called biafran atrocities. His articles will be gobbled up by lazy bigots but people who really want the truth will look deeper. There's no honour in lying against your "enemy"

dayokanu:

I am sure every Igbo after 1970 knows what the Law of Karma is and you are simply preaching to the choir here.

Law of Karma is when you kill other peoples leaders and they come back and wipe out your whole generation.

I also didnt know "innocent lives" is a phrase reserved for Igbos alone, I didnt know that Balewa, Okotie-Eboh, Akintola, Maimalari and Bello were "guilty lives" that deserve to be wasted. Well we got the memo on January 15 1966 and responded appropriately.

And the message is clear now, Kill our people and we would wipe out your whole city. We dont joke around. Especially when all your leaders were "lucky" to escape and ours didnt escape

Whatever you said was done to Igbos in the SouthWest. was first done to others by Igbos in the Midwest read Nowa Omoguis account "Outright molestation, harassment and killing of non-Ibo civilians occurred on a daily basis. At night "suspected saboteurs" were fished out of their homes and arrested.". That was where Karma came into it and gave Adekunle the rifle and the knowledge to perform the collateral damage.

Where are the Igbos today? Well they are still scattered all over the country when their own caves have been inhabitable with as high as 73% poverty in places like Ebonyi

Like Yorubas say. Eni ti o ba gbin ebu ika, Omo omo re a ja nibe. Whoever sows the seed of wickedness(killing other peoples leaders) his great grand children would eat thereof
Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by dayokanu(m): 9:08pm On Oct 14, 2012
joeyfire: Nowa omogui's article is 30 percent truth and 70 percent lies. He is the only source on earth of information on so called biafran atrocities. His articles will be gobbled up by lazy bigots but people who really want the truth will look deeper. There's no honour in lying against your "enemy"

We know typical Igbo everyone else lied you are the ones who tell the truth Just like Okpara, Azikwe, Osadebey were very upright and angelic men while Bello, Balewa, AKintola, Maimalari were the devil and the corrupt ones.

Or Maybe you care to tell us about what happened why other leaders were killed and yours was spared? or what happened in the Invasion of the Midwest. The Biafran soldiers were probably walking in a straight line and spraying roses and coffetti on the Midwesterners

The rebel occupation force instituted a government headed by Major Albert Okonkwo who was appointed administrator on August 17, 1967 by the secessionist leader colonel Odumegwe Ojukwu, Okonkwo administration lasted six weeks from August 9 to September 20, 1967 during which period the policies and activities of the rebel army deeply antagonized the non-Igbo speaking people of the state

http://edoworld.net/invasion_of_the_midwest.html

Like I said the problem with you Igbos is that you think you are smart and everyone else is foolish. I hope you have learnt from the Biafra misadventure, If not the lesson can be re-taught till you get the message
Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by tomakint: 10:17pm On Oct 14, 2012
[quote author=dayokanu]

you are still smoking that 'thing', clearly you failed the reality check on this debate. you are debating from the angle of a rightist with a special hatred for the main subject (the igbos)! incase you dont know, the igbos have been vindicated now.

1 Like

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by tunnytox(m): 10:32pm On Oct 14, 2012
These ewarriors will never learn? I can't count the number of times the lies and cowardice of their so called hero has been laid bare on several threads on this forum.
Blaming someone else for your failure is nothing but an act of cowardice and irresponsibility, no matter how many times you repeat your lies it will not change the truth or rewrite the history even with several hundreds of Achebes.

1 Like

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by tomakint: 10:39pm On Oct 14, 2012
tunnytox: These ewarriors will never learn? I can't count the number of times the lies and cowardice of their so called hero has been laid bare on several threads on this forum.
Blaming someone else for your failure is nothing but an act of cowardice and irresponsibility, no matter how many times you repeat your lies it will not change the truth or rewrite the history even with several hundreds of Achebes.
another dumbo from dumboscoland! i never knew you are a robot.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Rochas Okorocha & Obiano Reconcile After Throwing Shades At Each Other. Photos / Dino Melaye As Capt Jack Sparrow In A Pirates Of The Caribbean Themed Party / Anambra: Soludo Loses Out As INEC accepts Umeoji's Nomination Form As Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.