Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? (31693 Views)

How Segun Awolowo Has Ruined The Nigerian Export Promotion Commission. / Soyinka Backs Achebe On Civil War Memoir / Attack On Awolowo Family: Count Me Out -tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by RealMccoy2(m): 5:39am On Oct 07, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Who the fck is Achebe? He is just one of numerous English professors Nigeria has produced. We have Biodun Jeyifo teaching in Harvard and writing a column for Guardian every Sunday. Olupona teaching in Harvard as I type. We have Soyinka who won Nobel Prize several years ago.

Who the fck gives a $h!t about Achebe if he decides to sit in Providence forever? By the way, he is teaching in a pseudo Ivy league university. The truth of the matter is simple: the whole noise about Achebe is hype. The whole nonsensical reputation of his is built on Things Fall Apart, a thoroughly superstitious copy and paste book about Okonkwo.
You are just jealous brother,Nigerians are known for not accepting truth. Awo was no saint so stop defending him blindly. "Biodun Jeyifo" should be compared with Achebe's son. Masters degree students teach in colleges to offset their school loan,what is the big deal? Achebe's book is widely read in major universities in the States. Don't be off topic.When Bola Tinubu was mocking Awo's wife, you all were playing dead....Truth is truth and stop with the defense mechanism. Grown men will say; yes, we messed up and if we had the vision back then not to go against a wise man,Boko Haram of today won't be heard of in Odua Republic.

1 Like

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by bleufaucon: 5:52am On Oct 07, 2012
So much hate! And the protagonists of this tribal impasse stands aloft and deride the stupidity of us all or rather willful ignorance. African as a whole is under siege. AFRICOM,IMF,WORLDBANK,FDA,UN,and many other evil agencies designed to keep us all in perpetual servitude and many are busy in Africa,Nigeria,fighting themselves. Are we not all citizens of the motherland Africa? When Nepotism be banished for good? So that a student with the name Amarachi will gain admission into OAU ife without having problems? Or abidemi marrying and igwe's daughter in Imo state? Awo is late now,loved by many and even hated by many. Same goes with the late Ojukwu,a brilliant man he was..but we must stand together to rid our continent of devils who have planted among us puppets with familiar names to bring back Africa into slavery once again,to control its vast resources. We should not allow a bunch of lunatics,who are few in number,yet immensely powerful due to their direct connection with the thieving west,destroy us. They make policies and induce widespread compliance from the gullible and fearful masses..update ur bank accounts otherwise u'll loose ur money,and the banks had long lines like jamb or GCE candidates,new car plate numbers..An attack on a yoruba man is not an attack on yoruba people,just as okonjo iweala being and igbo woman remains a western puppet. Ojukwu was vilified by some folks in igboland. He had an unprecedented charm which disarmed most women that came close to him,some of these women might have been wives to other men and you would'nt expect them to speak well of him. My point is we must stop this rage,tribal wars and hostility;it makes us regrettably weaker. Africa is blessed! Beautiful people all over with interesting cultures and traditions..we must explore our own continent. Its even easier for a foreigner to enter various countries in Africa than an ordinary African. Try getting a Visa to Gabon,Angola..like the great pan-Africanist,kwameh Nkrumah said,Africa must unite..unity is the key to survival against a formidable foe,THE THIEVING WEST!

3 Likes

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by Jettage: 5:53am On Oct 07, 2012
“While Achebe is free to write on any topic that suits his fancy, he has no right whatsoever to irresponsibly murder history by recklessly attacking a great leader like Papa Awolowo. Nigerians should expect detailed, honest, factual and objective replies to the Achebe nonsense after we have copies of the book in our hands.”

“This is not the first time that Achebe will publish scathing attacks on Papa Awo. He did it in his book written about 30yrs ago titled ‘The trouble with Nigeria’. The battle against falsehood has started.” Babatope

See How Chinua Achebe Honored in the Past for not accepting National Honor from Fraudulent Nigerian RULERS goes to his grave with insult from people who should have respected him by his careless unfounded statement which only revealed his Hatred for Awolowo kept in mind for years, the likes of Achebe is the reason for the long drawn acrimony kept in mind by Younger IBOS, i have found the same statement on the lips of many igbo, name calling Yorubas as sell outs, NOW I SEE that Achebe deserves no respect at all, he is a vengeful bigot, A liar. If Awolowo was smarter than your race, It is to your dishonor, But even then, Awo was not a murderer of 2 Million. Where is the graves of the 2 Million. oh i forgot, they ate them in the war. Achebe has fallen to disrepute and it will be remembered in his grave that he hated Awo WITHOUT A CAUSE

6 Likes

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by Nobody: 6:14am On Oct 07, 2012
Those that are here rejoicing for what awo did to biafra I hope you are now enjoying the one Nigeria you and your fathers fought for. We all know how awo went down with the north after the promised to make him president. Awo who earlier told yourobas that the war is not for them later come back and told them to join the war. Ojukwu made a mistake by believeing awolowo but if there is to be another war again (which I don't pray for) no where will be safe.

1 Like

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by ajanaku2(m): 6:39am On Oct 07, 2012
Osiris.211:
They will always beat their chest and open their loud mouths thesame way their leaders did. Ojukwu claimed to be having the largest infantry in Africa prior to civil war and when it was time to display his acclaimed bravery, he cross dress, puts on his " Aso Oke" like aba market woman and bolted to Abidjan in the middle of war like the coward he was , after leading more than 2 million ibos to death.

Gaddafi and Saddam died side by side with their people, while the overly fed Ojukwu ran to Abidjan and even shamelessly took a new wife. These brainless ediots can't still understand that their leader played " ibo sense" on them.

He was well fed like a swine, the glutton grabs every food coming as aid leaving poor children to die helplessly . what sort of leader will abandoned war fronts and relocates to a safer environment, leaving his people at the mercy of snipers? Like their leader and that old senile crippled fool, most of the ediots writing rubbish here are doing so from a safe heaven outside the country. when the time to commit and show their worth comes, they will shout genocide.

Look at how all the bytche assrrs ediots shouting Awolowo all over the place , I thought you said, the Yorubas don't possess superior intellects? How comes these ediots are crying all over the place claiming a mere civilian(Awo) defeated " the largest infantry" in Africa?

Thesame way they boasted about possessing " large cache of guns" capable of protecting their investments in Kano before elections , only for the 3 million parasites to start sending SOS from Kano after a single attack from boko haram. Pathetic!

Chei!...Mi o je gba! Oko oro!...Guy, you cruel o!

1 Like

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by esteemman(m): 7:07am On Oct 07, 2012
u guys shuld think clearly cos in every situation there is always someone to blame.. So YORUBA, Hausa, IGBO.. Think well or esle your decendant will blame you..
but the professor was alive during the war, what did he do..?.
u the youth think of what will come out of any action of yours.. Remember "life don't give you what you desire of it".
Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by bankyblue(m): 7:23am On Oct 07, 2012
What so special about him self [achebe]. All this old man should go
To hell for all I care. And let us the youth come together to avoid the
Mistake they did during their time.

1 Like

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by Joey82(m): 7:41am On Oct 07, 2012
maybe Achebe i s re writing bitter history.
of a truth, I was not yet born when that war was fought but i have tried to read any material i come across regarding that war.
i must confess it was the most unprepared war ever engaged by humans in modern history.
u dont go to war trying to play on emotions of the other side, war is brutal and costly.
did the ibos have enough weapons to cause brutality or stop it? NO!
did the ibos have enough financial backbone to go into war the fg of nigeria? NO!
having lacked all these, did they negotiate with other world super powers for aid/help b4 starting a war? NO!
question is how did they think they were ever gonna win the war, on luck? IMPOSSIBLE!
blame it on ojukwu and his ego and his cohorts.

2 Likes

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 07, 2012
I predict 100 pages for this thread.

Will check back in a day to see how good I am.
Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by politician(m): 7:44am On Oct 07, 2012
That Achebe( a distinguished citizen) had made a similar remarks 30yrs ago and now reiterating it in his memoir shows it is his personal opinion on that issue.

Going through the arguments, Ȋ̝̊̅ can deduct the following!!

A) the igbos expected the yoruba to help with the war

B) the yorubas and any other person that acted I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ any way against the Igbos during the war are betrayers

C)awolowo is a murderer, he killed millions of children and women without firing a shot. (Via policy) and also impoverish the igbos with economic policy!thereby guilty of committing a war crime.

D)the yorubas that fought with Igbos are not betraying their own people. They are Good people.

E)the igbos felt wronged by the awo policy and ter it attempted genocide!!

MY TAKE PLS

I am a yoruba man staying I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ the east and Ȋ̝̊̅ can at least to an extent measure the feelings of the igbos towards the odua nation!!

It is not of bitterness but betrayal, the igbos feel betrayed by a fellow southerner. People they felt shared a common fate with them. Hence the word, COWARDS!!
We don't have to go into the rhetorics of who is right or wrong now, the feeling is of a lost-relationship!!

@ Prof, ur arguments are very concise and logical but we as yoruba people need to know that ' igi imu jina si ori'' awa ati won osi ninu egbe!!

@desola
E je ka pe were loko iyawo ki a ri ona lo!!

After 40 years, won si n sun ekun.
Enu ni won ni bi ti aje akara!
eni ti o ba to eeyan to n dena deni, ajekun iya ni o maa je!!

Leave achebe alone, its his view!! A sa jeun!! Iwe yen ni lati make sales now!!

Eyin eyan yii gan buru juu!! Yoruba!! Haba!!

Omo tiyin nikan ni awolowo to pa eyan 3M lai yibon kan,
eyin naa ni obasanjo terror,
ni Tinubu to n da ilu ru,
wole ti o gba nobel!!

E pari owe yii, ati dade kiniun...

Pinrin ko si oshi, ara won ni oshi wa!!!

16 Likes

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by Nobody: 7:46am On Oct 07, 2012
The Igbos were way ahead of their time, now I'm sure that even the Yorubas regret that they did not support secession
Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by Nobody: 7:46am On Oct 07, 2012
I can't be ar.sed to type again, I'll post what I posted on the other thread here:

You guys need to defuse this madness before it consumes everyone... It was a war, and you're allowed to use everything at your disposal... Achebe is an elder statesman and he should know better than to exacerbate a bitter past in Nigerian history maliciously in a way that might end up consuming generations unborn... Perhaps, he's trying to show his bitter hatred for the late sage... However, why now? And why the sensational rhetoric and the revisionist agenda?? Every student of Nigerian history knows the truth, and Awolowo did what he had to do to end the hopeless war - and save the country... I would've done the same thing if I were to be in his shoes... You've to be prepared to go to war - and it's asinine to expect your enemy to feed you during wartime... Fait accompli! - time to move on, and be prepared for war next time...

It's great to talk about history because: "History is a clock people use to tell their historical culture and political time of the day. It's a compass that people use to find themselves on the map of human geography. The history tells them where they have been, where they are and what they are. But most importantly history tells a people where they still must go and what they still must be." However, it becomes problematic when statesmen of Achebe's calibre starts peddling lies and half-truths... Awolowo was power hungry; so was Ojukwu(Achebe's first cousin) who wanted Biafra to himself and other parts of Southern Nigeria; so was Nnamdi Azikwe who wanted to become the premier of the Western region(despite not being from the region) and had to go back to the Eastern region to marginalise the minority groups there; and so was Ahmadu Bello who wanted to sink his Qu'ran in the Atlantic ocean and continue where his ancestors left off... All your founding fathers were power hungry TRIBALISTS... Singling out Awolowo is just silly IMO!!

I'm going to buy the book... But I hope he also critiqued Ojukwu, Nnamdi Azikwe, Gowon et al with the same venom about the roles they all played in the events that led to the war, their roles during the war, and what they did after the war... Failure to do that would show how bigoted he really is.... And I hope he also included the indiscriminate bombings of Lagos civilians by the Biafrans and their white mercenaries who wrecked havoc on Nigerians - and how Biafran soldiers wanted weapons instead of food...

Where do the Northerners stand in all this madness?? The war was between them and Igbos - how come Igbos are not confronting them - scared much??

6 Likes

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by demoore1(m): 7:49am On Oct 07, 2012
MY FELOW NAIRALANDERS.....THE TRIBALISTIC COMMENTS POSTED DAILY ON THIS FORUM IS DUE TO BLOCK IT. I SEE NO WRONG DOING IN WHAT THE OLD PROFESSOR SAID. HE EMPTIED HIS HEART FROM WHAT HAS BEEN WORRING HIM FOR LONG. AND MORE OVER IT IS ONLY WHEN WE START TAKING THE BULL BY THE HORN IN THIS COUNTRY, WHEN WE START TELLING THE TRUTH NO MATTER WHAT OR WHO IS INVOLVE WITHOUT FEAR OF FAVOUR, THATS WHEN WE CAN HAVE ONE NATION. I CANT BELIEVE THAT TODAY SOMEONE WITH HIS SENSE OK WILL SAY THAT IN WAR ANY MEANS AVAILABLE CAN BE USED...AGAINST CIVILIAN.....

PLEASE ANY OTHER PERSON WITH AN INSIGHT OF THE ATTROCITIES OF NIGERIAN CIVIL WAR SHOUL NOT HESITATE TO SHARE IT SO THAT WE CAN LEARN FROM OUR PAST MISTAKE RATHER THAN FIGTHING AND DIYNG FOR A COURSE (ONE NIGERIA) THAT IS NOT WORTH IT
Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by Nobody: 7:52am On Oct 07, 2012
de-moore:
MY FELOW NAIRALANDERS.....THE TRIBALISTIC COMMENTS POSTED DAILY ON THIS FORUM IS DUE TO BLOCK IT. I SEE NO WRONG DOING IN WHAT THE OLD PROFESSOR SAID. HE EMPTIED HIS HEART FROM WHAT HAS BEEN WORRING HIM FOR LONG. AND MORE OVER IT IS ONLY WHEN WE START TAKING THE BULL BY THE HORN IN THIS COUNTRY, WHEN WE START TELLING THE TRUTH NO MATTER WHAT OR WHO IS INVOLVE WITHOUT FEAR OF FAVOUR, THATS WHEN WE CAN HAVE ONE NATION. I CANT BELIEVE THAT TODAY SOMEONE WITH HIS SENSE OK WILL SAY THAT IN WAR ANY MEANS AVAILABLE CAN BE USED...AGAINST CIVILIAN.....

PLEASE ANY OTHER PERSON WITH AN INSIGHT OF THE ATTROCITIES OF NIGERIAN CIVIL WAR SHOUL NOT HESITATE TO SHARE IT SO THAT WE CAN LEARN FROM OUR PAST MISTAKE RATHER THAN FIGTHING AND DIYNG FOR A COURSE (ONE NIGERIA) THAT IS NOT WORTH IT

Empty his heart now?? Why didn't he do that when all the 'actors' were alive?? He's a bigot!!

Why single out one man It was a war - time to move on.... And if you can't, declare another war and don't expect your enemy to feed you during wartime...

You guys need to defuse this madness, or declare another war, period.. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by dewize01(m): 7:59am On Oct 07, 2012
van bonattel:

I will prefare the warriors of Ezza/Ezillo tackle them
the ones u cudnt use in d civil war,or av u just built dem?

3 Likes

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by cashcpt(m): 8:02am On Oct 07, 2012
9ja_I_hail: In a war no side is permitted to throw bombs in markets or on civilians, but Nigeria Govt in collaboration with UK Govt deliberately determined to wipe Igbo's out by throwing bombs in the markets killing innocent kids and pregnant women. If such atrocity happen to any western country the preparatory will be held for genocide and war crime.Hence the innocent kids and women that was kill unjustly are blacks they are not as important or valuable as the western citizens. God is alive

Shut up dat your dirty Ibo mouth! Who are u to create rules of engagement in war? Who cares if markets are bombed? Dat is war kill everybody on the enemy side no mercy no bullshit, well I am of the generation of Yorubas that doesn't want any useless forgiveness from Ibos, let them go to blazes - they can only accuse the nicer and more accomodating Yorubas while living in dread of the HausaFulani. Foolish myopic race, u keep going this way and we wld take it up with the millions of Ibos living in our territory.

2 Likes

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by safarigirl(f): 8:04am On Oct 07, 2012
Achebe has said his thoughts, Ken Saro-Wiwa did same, of all the Yoruba authors, how many have wrtten their own version of the war?

Prof. Corruption, why don't you take your intelligent arguments to a publisher? Were you there when this war happened? Did you have a first-hand experience or are your arguments based on what you read or heard on the radio? only those who were directly affected by this war know what really happened, it's not through what you read on wikipedia or some other random site that you assume you're a sage on the matter, and yes, there will be biased views, for those who were in the heat of the war, it was an injustice, for those who were eating amala and ewedu in the comforts of their home, it's all fair in love and war, so people shouldn't come here trying to sound smart.

No Yoruba person will ever understand this war because they have never had 3 million people wiped out fighting for a cause they believe in, hell, i doubt they've ever believed in squat! You'll come here and defend awolowo on line, but if e reach to fight, you no dey, and don't give me that cr.ap bout being too intelligent, cos it's not like your intelligence has gotten anyone anywhere. it is sentiments that take people to war, whether some admit this or not.

I had a history teacher who was Yoruba, and he never stops singing the praises of Biafrans, as far as he's concerned, for a black nation to go to war with world powers, create their own ammunition and hold strong for three years, is an achievement in it's own right, many have not lasted that long, and no other black nation in this world can equal that.

Nigeria's engine has failed, all the awos, ojukwus are dead, Gowon is a mallam, he will say what benefits his people, plus he's the one who committed the crimes, so it's not like he won't vindicate himself.

2 Likes

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by NwaAnambra(m): 8:04am On Oct 07, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Your leaders lacked strategic thinking! You don't fight war alone. It's not even rocket science, it's common sense.
You plead to some countries to stay neutral, you bring others on board. It's not about brute force, it's all wisdom.

With all its military might, US did not go to Iraq alone? Britain was there with US. Even in Afghanistan where a war is raging as I type, do you know how many countries are there with US? Germany, France, Holland, Britain to mention just a few are there. Was US not defeated in Vietnam? Was USSR not defeated in Afghanistan? Why is Isreal seeking US green light before attacking Iran? War is not a joke, if you don't plan it well, goodluck to you. When you take actions, you are also taking the consequences. Nobody declare Biafra for Ojukwu. He brought avoidable misery upon your fathers and grand fathers. Blame him for that. Don't hip the blame on Awolowo. Tell the senile old bitter racist English professor to stop rewriting history.

If your leaders fail to think like leaders and went to war alone, how was it supposed to be the problem of Awolowo who courted the USSR and USA-the opposing superpowers of the era? Why didn't Zik or the now senile Achebe devise a winning strategy for Ojukwu? Sorry, the empty boast of greatest army south of sahara would not let them see clearly.

Spoils of war, take heart.
u re a dissapointment to your generation.....may ur tongue fall frm ur mouth.if u re a real analyst lyk u claimed in ur satanic post,u shud av first appreciatd d context in which d war was fought. US and BRITAIN have a long history especialy a history of war,but Biafra was a "child of circumstance".Sadly,ppl like u fail to c unles d flashlight is on..slowpoke.
Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by dewize01(m): 8:11am On Oct 07, 2012
dnawah: The Lagos we see 2day shall b no more in the next 45 years!:-D
prophet of doom,na ur papa create am?where wil port harcourt be?
Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by SIRBANYE(m): 8:12am On Oct 07, 2012
From experience, history is only written by the victors, history is never what happened or what truly conspired. Take it or leave it what happened in the war was fueled by the utmost desire of certain groups to meet their personal aims. No doubt Awolowo betrayed the ibo race, you don't cut off the head because you have an headache, cutting of food supply to the east because you felt the soldiers where getting a big chunk of it was a very poor decision. As earlier mentioned that is genocide by policy. I also believe today that the giving out of oil rich bakassi area was done in the bid to cut out food supply, which in no doubt is the root cause of the problems we are seeing today. One can't move forward without actually understanding what happened past in order to get a good stepping stone for the future. I believe the entity called nigeria was born out of the selfish and colonial interest of Lord Lugard, and too many blood as been spilled on this account. Like the great Ikemba said, we must move apart and stay as one or come closer and perish. What happened in the civil war is man's reaction to forced unity and assumed federalism. After enough pointing of fingers, I do believe the war is far from over, not unless nigerians understand the basis of our federalism and the sham behind it.

1 Like

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by Nobody: 8:13am On Oct 07, 2012
safarigirl: Achebe has said his thoughts, Ken Saro-Wiwa did same, of all the Yoruba authors, how many have wrtten their own version of the war?

Prof. Corruption, why don't you take your intelligent arguments to a publisher? Were you there when this war happened? Did you have a first-hand experience or are your arguments based on what you read or heard on the radio? only those who were directly affected by this war know what really happened, it's not through what you read on wikipedia or some other random site that you assume you're a sage on the matter, and yes, there will be biased views, for those who were in the heat of the war, it was an injustice, for those who were eating amala and ewedu in the comforts of their home, it's all fair in love and war, so people shouldn't come here trying to sound smart.

No Yoruba person will ever understand this war because they have never had 3 million people wiped out fighting for a cause they believe in, hell, i doubt they've ever believed in squat! You'll come here and defend awolowo on line, but if e reach to fight, you no dey, and don't give me that cr.ap bout being too intelligent, cos it's not like your intelligence has gotten anyone anywhere. it is sentiments that take people to war, whether some admit this or not.

I had a history teacher who was Yoruba, and he never stops singing the praises of Biafrans, as far as he's concerned, for a black nation to go to war with world powers, create their own ammunition and hold strong for three years, is an achievement in it's own right, many have not lasted that long, and no other black nation in this world can equal that.

Nigeria's engine has failed, all the awos, ojukwus are dead, Gowon is a mallam, he will say what benefits his people, plus he's the one who committed the crimes, so it's not like he won't vindicate himself.

*Applause* However, is it not time to move on I don't even know how many times I've read about the hopeless war on NL - it's getting boring now...

Angolans fought a bloody 20+ years civil war against world powers and apartheid South Africa, yet they have moved on to prosperity...

Ethiopians fought two bloody wars against the Italians, won the first war, and lost the 2nd one due to chemical weapons... yet the country has moved on to prosperity...

Somalis have been fighting world powers since 1991... Yet they don't go about talking about being "the strongest African country in the world." They want to move on and rebuild their country...

You guys need to move on - no victor, no vanquish...

I'm tired of this madness!!! undecided

1 Like

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by NwaAnambra(m): 8:13am On Oct 07, 2012
cashcpt:

Shut up dat your dirty Ibo mouth! Who are u to create rules of engagement in war? Who cares if markets are bombed? Dat is war kill everybody on the enemy side no mercy no bullshit, well I am of the generation of Yorubas that doesn't want any useless forgiveness from Ibos, let them go to blazes - they can only accuse the nicer and more accomodating Yorubas while living in dread of the HausaFulani. Foolish myopic race, u keep going this way and we wld take it up with the millions of Ibos living in our territory.
we all knw dat Yoruba ppl are cowards,so ur threats is dat of a struglin man. I can c poverty has got d beta part of you,if nt,u shud av knwn dat ur threat is empty,capable of nothin..,onye ofe mmanu.
Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by hardbody: 8:13am On Oct 07, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Who the fck is Achebe? He is just one of numerous English professors Nigeria has produced. We have Biodun Jeyifo teaching in Harvard and writing a column for Guardian every Sunday. Olupona teaching in Harvard as I type. We have Soyinka who won Nobel Prize several years ago.

Who the fck gives a $h!t about Achebe if he decides to sit in Providence forever? By the way, he is teaching in a pseudo Ivy league university. The truth of the matter is simple: the whole noise about Achebe is hype. The whole nonsensical reputation of his is built on Things Fall Apart, a thoroughly superstitious copy and paste book about Okonkwo.

See bad belle. Bro acclaim a man towering above your generations yet unborn. It is a simple fact of life. He is more influential than your ilk, at least academia acknowledges that, you may of course do better in bigotry. Things fall apart is world acclaimed and interpreted in various languages. Let Jeyifo, Olupona and the rest write their epic texts for the world to assess

1 Like

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by folahann(m): 8:15am On Oct 07, 2012
Sorry o. The Igbos are still bitter till today.
Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by jimmyboy1010(m): 8:22am On Oct 07, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Foools. can you explain why Itsekiri is strong in Delta? If you don't control the politics, you don't control anything. Think deeply. Be strategic! Missiles will not win war for you not to even talk of experimented and failed Ogbunike! Good policy from good head is what is needed.

If I don't respond to you, don't think you have typed something reasonable, I ignore an obvious fool and move ahead. When your leaders speak idiocy, we speak policy.
Prof, Yoruba adage says "Abo oro la nso f'omoluabi toba denu e a di odi ndi". Oju'iku ppl are fond of ranting, shouting without a single strategic brain upstairs! These people just believe in their enclave or have they forgotten that Cross-River,Port-Harcourt and Delta up to Benin are not part of them?.I pity them because if they should try any shit this time then they will bury their ass finally!
During my yoth service in Imo state, I realised that n'digbo are their enemies themself; Pls n'digbo do hurry up and start another war on time instead of ranting. It's an empty vessel that makes much noise!winksmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmiley useless Tribe useless people Mchewwww!!!

2 Likes

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by Wislet(f): 8:25am On Oct 07, 2012
you guys should stop this e-superiority thing. Okay?
Even till 50 yrs from now, you guys would want to be at one another's necks.
Stop this childish behaviour pls.
We are all grown ups.
War was never and will never be a good thing.
Every group is liable to take the side of their fathers and their account of history.
None of us was there to understand things by ourselves.
What we should be doing now is to make sure that history doesn't repeat itself, cos it isn't worth it. Not puffing up like it's something to take pride in.
PEACE everyone. Learn to cultivate PEACE- for yourself and ur children.
Speak peace. Not coming on here to showcase childishness.
Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by segzynuff: 8:28am On Oct 07, 2012
I am a young man in my 30s, my admiration for the great writer Chinua Achebe, must @ this point declined. What transpired @ the Nigerian civil war may have been to me less of a concern. Is this d bitterness,he wants to take to his grave? You cant build a future by dwelling on the past. Instead of uniting why spreading animosity?Now that the country is in turmoil. If this is the way Nelson Mandela behaves,will there be South Africa?...i think there is a need for caution here

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Herdsmen/farmers Crisis: Report Indicts Ex-pdp Governors, Defectors / Osun Election: APC Is Like An Orphan Struggling In Ife – Babajide Omoworare / Bunmi Ojo Buried Amid Tears In Ekiti (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.