Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,463 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? (14545 Views)

How Old Were You When You First Made Love And.... (18+) Only / When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / 7 Things That Show You're Old Enough, Ready For Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by emekatimsu(m): 4:24pm On Oct 08, 2012
In the north,the male get married as soon as they realise they have a 3rd leg between there legs while it is seen as a taboo fr an hausa lady to see her 1st period in her parents house.
An uneducated and evn some educated yoruba men sees marriage as something u have to enter early,once he impregnates a woman,d woman hs automatically become hs wife[with or without marrige formalities].
And one funny tin is dat d woman cn wake up one day and decide to live with anoda man as wife.
Finally an average igbo man wnts to be able to have comfort b4 bringing in anoda man's daughter into hs house as wife,little wonder most of dm marry at somehw older age.
A man of 30yrs in igbolnd will be hustling to make make ends meet while hs agemate in yoruba must have been a father of 3 while hs northern brother agemate may evn be a grand father at dt age.
Finally, i think a marriage shuld be wheneva one thinks he/she is ready.

2 Likes

Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by henrychubayo: 4:30pm On Oct 08, 2012
There is no such thing like marrying at 20, 22, 2. What should be considered is to marry who you loved no matter the age. People who marry for age has been disappointed. They had wished they waited and find real lover and love of their life. Marriage is all about realities and challenges. At the initial stage, it may look sweat, but with time, you will begin to see what i mentioned above. To be more safe for ladies, they should marry their love even if it worth waiting for rather than marry someone who like you for being young and pretty, because when all these are gone which surely will, he will leave you for another woman and then, you will start feeling the pains of not marrying someone you loved.

2 Likes

Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by OILOFGLADNESS: 4:30pm On Oct 08, 2012
emekatimsu: In the north,the male get married as soon as they realise they have a 3rd leg between there legs while it is seen as a taboo fr an hausa lady to see her 1st period in her parents house.
An uneducated and evn some educated yoruba men sees marriage as something u have to enter early,once he impregnates a woman,d woman hs automatically become hs wife[with or without marrige formalities].
And one funny tin is dat d woman cn wake up one day and decide to live with anoda man as wife.
Finally an average igbo man wnts to be able to have comfort b4 bringing in anoda man's daughter into hs house as wife,little wonder most of dm marry at somehw older age.
A man of 30yrs in igbolnd will be hustling to make make ends meet while hs agemate in yoruba must have been a father of 3 while hs northern brother agemate may evn be a grand father at dt age.
Finally, i think a marriage shuld be wheneva one thinks he/she is ready.

so emeka nwanem, how about you?
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 08, 2012
You can get married as long as you think you are matured enough to handle it. Cos maturity is what will help you sustain a good and loving home regardless of your age.

A man may be '40' years old and still behave like a '15' years old boy. Agree?

So, I go for Maturity and not Age cool
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 08, 2012
simple2626: Am a guy and I got married at 22, so it depends on individual and maybe ur level of maturity, income and exposure
guy talk tru..una do mistake??..dia is more 2 dis ur geting married at 22..jst curious

1 Like

Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by UjSizzle(f): 4:40pm On Oct 08, 2012
What you're old enough for may not be what's good for you at the moment. You need maturity on both sides in marriage both intellectually and otherwise. You need time to experience the world so u no go dey chook eye for outside. I'll say 25 since that's the highest u've got. That should give you ample time to think through what u're about to get into.
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by seantemple(m): 4:42pm On Oct 08, 2012
There is no particular age for marriage. The point is this; what is your priority in Life? Too you want to be a good mother or you want to be a career woman. Marriage comes with a lot of responsibilities; children, husband, home, etc. Career has it own responsibilities as well. Make your choice and stay focused.
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by laminaria(m): 4:43pm On Oct 08, 2012
This generation of ours......Biologically ladies ripe early and economically guys ripe lately. Ma view!

2 Likes

Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by tunapawizzy: 4:44pm On Oct 08, 2012
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 08, 2012
laminaria: This generation of ours......Biologically ladies ripe early and economically guys ripe lately. Ma view!
smiley
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by beentarh(f): 4:45pm On Oct 08, 2012
Early marriage †ø M̶̲̥̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ seems †ø bε̲̣ the best because it wl help U̶̲̥̅̊ †ø plan yr life nd d̶̲̥̅̊α† of †ђξ family. Ȋ̝̊̅ av never Fø̲̣̣я̅ once regretted ♍Ɣ action of gettng married earlier. Ȋ̝̊̅ was marrried at 19 while i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ †ђξ uuniversity nd as A̶̲̥̅♏ talking †ø you now, A̶̲̥̅♏ α̍̍̊ mother of 3 wt α̍̍̊ masters degree, happily married nd promising career @ 24. Ȋ̝̊̅ av never regretted ♍Ɣ action as Ȋ̝̊̅ love ♍Ɣ family so well. Marriage Iڪ nt by Age.

1 Like

Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 08, 2012
Ebonykay(omoba):

Don't go marry a 15yr old o, b/c he/she acts maturedly. Abeg mid-twenties is ☺ķªª¥.i feel a lady Ƌ̲ä† gets married Ƨ̷̜̩̌̋☺ early is more fσя̩̥̊ selfish reasons dan L♥√ع.
I hear you,marriage counsellor.
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by wizard01(m): 4:52pm On Oct 08, 2012
aned: All u need is maturity,not age.

Maturity and a solid financial backing is de determinant factor in marriage
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by wizard01(m): 4:52pm On Oct 08, 2012
aned: All u need is maturity,not age.

Maturity and a solid financial backing is de determinant factor in marriage not age.
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 08, 2012
Whenever I ponder on the issue of married like this, it makes my heart beat faster. Why? Cos it's a life institution you will never graduate from, so one can't afford to make mistakes when it comes to choosing a life partner.

May God help us o tongue

Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by dasparrow: 4:58pm On Oct 08, 2012
@Post

Whenever you are ready and when God says so. This idea of bringing age into the equation when deciding when to get married is the reason why many women jump into marraige and by the time they are 50 years old, the marraige seizes to exist. God's time is always the best. Some are destined to marry in their 20s, some in their 30s, others in their 40s and even 50s. So pray that God's will be done in your life because God is never late, He is always on time.

3 Likes

Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by Adufaye(m): 5:03pm On Oct 08, 2012
Kaggs2003: BROS U SELF UR KIND PERSON FIT NO MARRY AT D AGE OF 45 WHO KNOWS HOW OLD U AR NOW
lol grin am 91 nw grin
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by Ehijess(f): 5:05pm On Oct 08, 2012
Individual differences. But the person has to be matured and ready financially,mentally and otherwise
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 08, 2012
47 is ideal.

Myne White: 16, 17, 19, 21, 25?

Someone said - well, 19 is too young. I got married at 22, I have 3 kids and to be honest I blame my husband for so many things. No 1, I did not reach my full potential. For crying out loud I had 8As in secondary school!!!! in uni I was just ordinary and struggling. I love my kids and I love my husband, if I could turn back time, I would wait at least 4 years before marrying my hubby. To be honest my parents, grandparents, uncles and aunties asked me to wait but I refused and married with my big head. This is my story, others may have a different experience.

http://www.mynewhitmanwrites.com/2012/10/how-old-is-too-young-to-get-married.html
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 08, 2012
aze: 47 is ideal.

Applies to Men or Women?
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by quin9(f): 5:22pm On Oct 08, 2012
simple2626: Am a guy and I got married at 22, so it depends on individual and maybe ur level of maturity, income and exposure

Coz a girl got pregnant for u or what?
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by sammy329(m): 5:33pm On Oct 08, 2012
Age does not really depend on marriage it depends on maturity (spiritual, financial, emotional, academic etc.)
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 08, 2012
I can see the reason why there is population explosion in Nigeria without basic care for the simple reason some believe marriage should be determined based on age.
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 5:37pm On Oct 08, 2012
How old d girl wey u give belle be that time, 16? Cos i sure say na force her pipo force u marry am.
Pls this guy's case was a bad result of engaging in pre-marital sex. grin
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by searay(m): 5:47pm On Oct 08, 2012
candygosh: I'd say 25,26 for females and maybe 27/28 for males.
Except otherwise...
then I go declare age now
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by dahdah: 5:54pm On Oct 08, 2012
IF YOU ARE NOT RICH, PLEASE DON'T MARRY
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by tantan: 5:55pm On Oct 08, 2012
candygosh: I'd say 25,26 for females and maybe 27/28 for males.
Except otherwise...
if am to get married at 27/28 as a man what of the woman age?
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by emekatimsu(m): 6:18pm On Oct 08, 2012
OILOFGLADNESS:

so emeka nwanem, how about you?

Nne,honestly i am still seachn fr true love @28
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 08, 2012
A BABE fit marry at any time because no be she go fend for the family na the husband.but for the guy to marry he must at least get better job from were he dey earn a fat salary.for a guy even if he don reach 50 yrs and he no get money and no job if he wan marry na oyo for am.in this harsh economy no babe go gree marry u if u no get money grin
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by Orikinla(m): 6:50pm On Oct 08, 2012
As old as you are mature and secure enough to start a family and provide for the success and welfare of your children.

From age 25 upwards.
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by Richiy(f): 7:30pm On Oct 08, 2012
lefulefu: A BABE fit marry at any time because no be she go fend for the family na the husband.but for the guy to marry he must at least get better job from were he dey earn a fat salary.for a guy even if he don reach 50 yrs and he no get money and no job if he wan marry na oyo for am.in this harsh economy no babe go gree marry u if u no get money grin
well, dats 4 yu o! 4 me, am nt even considerin d husband cos I must be bouyant. I must be able to contribute adequately. Nt to talk abt my parents nd younga siblings. If i marry witout being stable, who wud take care of them all? Wel, evry1 wt hs opinion.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

K-Solo And Wife End Marriage 6 Months After Their Wedding / What It Really Means To Be A Man. / Would You Date This Innocent Looking Olosho?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.