Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,428 members, 7,815,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? (14544 Views)

How Old Were You When You First Made Love And.... (18+) Only / When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / 7 Things That Show You're Old Enough, Ready For Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by misreal(m): 7:32pm On Oct 08, 2012
Aizek B: Any man dat says until he got to d age of 30, 32 or 35 dats is to tel u dat it is poverty dat is brethin through him. Ideal from 21 to 25 is okay
:o21 to 25 for males? U neva serios yet
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by Circle360: 8:50pm On Oct 08, 2012
When one attaind pubarty and there is mutual undastanding between you and your spouse you can get married. But if either of you is ingroz into material stuffs men it aint gonna be cool becouse one may have job today and can loz it 2mrw. So the right age to get marrd is that particular year you found love, u may b 20yrs and above.
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by mixdtribe(f): 9:09pm On Oct 08, 2012
Ashawo boi: AS FOR ME NA WHEN PEPE DON REST, ABI U WAN SUFFER?
...No o! Pepe na d koko of d mata..very necessary
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 08, 2012
The title of the thread is cool! smiley
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by Tolaaaaannni(f): 10:06pm On Oct 08, 2012
One of my friends actually got married at 20 and she and her husband are doing just fine. Everyone mature at a different pace, if

you think you are old enough and ready for marriage then go for it.
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by NosaHenry(m): 10:12pm On Oct 08, 2012
Myne White: 16, 17, 19, 21, 25?

Someone said - well, 19 is too young. I got married at 22, I have 3 kids and to be honest I blame my husband for so many things. No 1, I did not reach my full potential. For crying out loud I had 8As in secondary school!!!! in uni I was just ordinary and struggling. I love my kids and I love my husband, if I could turn back time, I would wait at least 4 years before marrying my hubby. To be honest my parents, grandparents, uncles and aunties asked me to wait but I refused and married with my big head. This is my story, others may have a different experience.

http://www.mynewhitmanwrites.com/2012/10/how-old-is-too-young-to-get-married.html
If you had 8As as you said, my question is at what age. I graduated at the age of 21, therefore as a bright child I would have expected you to have completed your university 1st degree by age 22 thereafter decide on marriage
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 08, 2012
For women, i suggest 25 +/-1, for men 28 and above.

Most girls get a mad rush of proposals before age 25. But at suçh age they seem confused about what they really want. Girls younger than 25 are not yet desperate for marriage and prefer playing around. By the time they cross 25, her name gets a prefix, (sister-) because she joins a penticostal church in search of husband.

I will personally not waste my time dating a girl younger than 25 because most of them are players.

1 Like

Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by kunletech: 10:53pm On Oct 08, 2012

Someone said - well, 19 is too young. I got married at 22, I have 3 kids and to be honest I blame my husband for so many things. No 1, I did not reach my full potential. For crying out loud I had 8As in secondary school!!!! in uni I was just ordinary and struggling. I love my kids and I love my husband, if I could turn back time, I would wait at least 4 years before marrying my hubby. To be honest my parents, grandparents, uncles and aunties asked me to wait but I refused and married with my big head. This is my story, others may have a different experience.

http://www.mynewhitmanwrites.com/2012/10/how-old-is-too-young-to-get-married.html

Psychologically, there are stages u most past through to be fully mature to get marry, If you did not pass through those stages as a youth, you will some how feel regreat and blamed yourself of geting married. If care is not taking, you will be looking for slice mistakes in your marriage for divoice to come, for you just to fill the void you did not fill when you ware in youth.
My advice for people like this is to accept the condition and be with their spouse for better for worse, and just try to be having fun you like to have for the void to be fill.
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by Peterpan1(m): 11:55pm On Oct 08, 2012
Well it all depends on your mindset and wat u've planned for,if u want 2 get married at d age of 19,go ahead,if u want 2 wait till 89 yrs u can,bt as for me before 28-30,
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by dejiswaggs(m): 12:46am On Oct 09, 2012
Aizek B: Any man dat says until he got to d age of 30, 32 or 35 dats is to tel u dat it is poverty dat is brethin through him. Ideal from 21 to 25 is okay
I strongly disagree with you. Age 30 is the best time to get married for males
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by greatgod2012(f): 1:58am On Oct 09, 2012
kunletiwoo: Whenever I ponder on the issue of married like this, it makes my heart beat faster. Why? Cos it's a life institution you will never graduate from, so one can't afford to make mistakes when it comes to choosing a life partner.

May God help us o tongue

hello bros, dont be afraid of marriage,plan adequately 4 it. Marriage shd not be feared but be planned!
Remember, if u fail to plan, u plan to fail...........in everything, marriage inclusive!

1 Like

Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by Jonarinho(m): 6:40am On Oct 09, 2012
An advice:marry wen guys r surplus.if demand from gurls exceed d supply from boys>U GO SURPLUS 2 D REQUIREMENT O.B WISE ;DAn advice:marry wen guys r surplus.if demand from gurls exceed d supply from boys>U GO SURPLUS 2 D REQUIREMENT O.B WISE
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 09, 2012
I think for a guy 35 should b d max age for marriage. Whether uve made it or not. Bt u must ve a job or at least a small biz. D older than 35 u get without marrying, d more unlikely it becomes for u to witness ur children's successes.
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 09, 2012
greatgod2012:

hello bros, dont be afraid of marriage,plan adequately 4 it. Marriage shd not be feared but be planned!
Remember, if u fail to plan, u plan to fail...........in everything, marriage inclusive!

Thank you so much.... I really appreciate you smiley
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by ucheends(m): 8:48am On Oct 09, 2012
"Dont bring a girl above 30 to dis house,we dont want 2 do try yr luck".a friend was told by family members.
This fybroids tins we no want am
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by jigawatts(m): 10:46am On Oct 09, 2012
k2039: [size=13pt]IMHO,I think fifty years(50)
[/size]

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by Skynet247(m): 10:50am On Oct 09, 2012
I tink from 22 upward,if ur comfortable in al things,financially,academically,menterlly n interllecturly...u gat my go ahead..

Some guys are sayin 30,wat if i finish Nysc at age 22...n got a great job thatz pays me big money...u mean i should be flirting til when am 30? U tink i wan karri h.i.v ne?
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by jigawatts(m): 10:55am On Oct 09, 2012
kunletiwoo: Whenever I ponder on the issue of married like this, it makes my heart beat faster. Why? Cos it's a life institution you will never graduate from, so one can't afford to make mistakes when it comes to choosing a life partner.

May God help us o tongue

BROS........... U said my mind mehnnn embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by Horpe2505(f): 11:20am On Oct 09, 2012
Age is not d same as maturity, to b ready for marriage u nid to b matured minded, av atleast average level of tolerance, independent, b ready to make sacrifices for ur partner..... D list is endless. Marriage is not a play tin, an escape frm ur family or financial problems (for d ladies), its not a do or die affair(as in dont marry cos ur mates are married, b sure u are ready b4 u take d bold step!
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 09, 2012
The earlier the better o
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by JesusDWay(m): 4:34pm On Oct 09, 2012
Well....i guess there's a time for everyone, which may differ from one individual to another. Our prayer should be that God should help us to be sensitive when our own time comes. The time you may not be ready may be the time when eligibles will be coming around while you may not see them at the time you are ready. That may explain why someone will look at himself/herself, wondering why with all he/she has(which ordinarily should draw suitors or eligibles) they still are single
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by vascey(m): 4:50pm On Oct 09, 2012

Sorry oo... You can't be that intelligent if you blame your husband for your woes. Blaming others for your shortcomings is a past time for the weak minded. Once advice- Take Charge!!
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by zeb04(f): 6:44pm On Aug 13, 2013
My mum got married wen she was kinda old so ireally want 2 get married by23,4 I am 19 nd am a graduate I want 2 grow old wit my kids
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Aug 13, 2013
Girl (18) guy (24)

Perfect age for marriage I tell ya

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Most Embarrassing Day Of My Life...see Wetin Woman Do Me "Must Read" / Must Your First Love Be Your True Love ? / K-Solo And Wife End Marriage 6 Months After Their Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.