Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,035 members, 7,863,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 12:44 AM

Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? (12777 Views)

The Effects Of Dating Who You'll Not Marry / The Effects Of Dating Who You'll Not Marry / Dating Who You Will Not Marry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by ujchief(m): 7:25pm On Oct 11, 2012
Single and lonely. . . Married and bored - chris Rock.
For me, lonelines sucks big time. It took God just 2 minutes to realise just how lonely adam was.
I'm dating, it rocks! Having someone to share ur joys and sorrows with, nothing beats it.
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by Akpan107(m): 7:27pm On Oct 11, 2012
Macky2: Single, nothing to worry about.
i totally disagree with you... You have a lot to worry about wen you are single especially if you are the type that is highly religious... But the truth is that, being single saves Money, time and it makes one to be more focus.

1 Like

Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by UmericanGirl(f): 7:39pm On Oct 11, 2012
Your relationship status should not dictate your level of happiness.
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by sas4rill: 7:45pm On Oct 11, 2012
It seems most people in nairaland are in heartbreaking season oopz cos am goin tru it nw
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by Sagamite(m): 7:46pm On Oct 11, 2012
k2039:

Whats your point,I dont understand what you are saying.
I didnt remember accusing anyone of anything.
Maybe you explain what you mean

I was not referring to you. I was referring to the person that called you selfish for living your life.

It (the tag 'selfish') was a dumb accusation.

1 Like

Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by k2039: 7:55pm On Oct 11, 2012
Sagamite:

I was not referring to you. I was referring to the person that called you selfish for living your life.

It (the tag 'selfish') was a dumb accusation.

Dont mind him,I wondered what he meant too.
Lol.Thanks
They just criticize without a reasonable basis
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by femzoclem: 8:07pm On Oct 11, 2012
Mr..Cork:
well, just finished watchin poorno.. aint happy!angry

aahahahhaha.. Guy yu don madt ooooo
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by dasparrow: 8:36pm On Oct 11, 2012
@Post

Happiness is subjective. It depends on what makes a person happy. Some people must have someone around them all the time to be happy so such people will need to get married or loneliness will kill them since they really don't know what to do with themselves.

On the other hand, you have people who are introverts and prefer their own company more than that of any other. Such people get agitated having someone in their face all the time. They cherish their space, their privacy, their alone time and the fact that they have peace of mind.

Once you start living with someone, you are bound to quarrel once a while which some people hate. Some people like peace in their home and don't want in-law problems. Others like freedom and don't want to answer to no one while others may want to stay celibate. So do what makes you happy because only you can make yourself happy. If you wait for others to make you happy, you will be waiting forever.

2 Likes

Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by Kagawa: 8:39pm On Oct 11, 2012
are you single let me apply?? evn if ur not, i still want to buy form undecided
Booty4me: You All Single... The Day Of Conji Go be Ur Judgement Day
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by dasparrow: 8:44pm On Oct 11, 2012
Ramcie: I discovered that most people who say they are single and happy say that just to compensate themselves for the situation they are in at present but deep down they don't want to be single. It's good to be happy in whatever situation one finds him or herself in but it's always better and best to be in love kiss kiss kiss

Which love? Do Nigerians know what genuine love is? Most Nigerians get married not for love but just to secure societal status and approval. Others marry for financial security. Most married women in Nigeria look like crap because Naija men and their families waste no time in beating the crap outta them at the slightest provocation.

With the staggering divorce rate in Nigeria, marriage is becoming a risk and when the man dies before the woman, you will be stigmatized as a widow and accused of killing him. However, if you marry a westerner, then you will be better of because they know how to pamper and love their women unlike most African men.

Lastly, what makes you happy does not make the next person happy. Not everybody wants to give up their personal space and have you all up in their face all in the name of being in love. You can love from a distance too and still remain happy. Happiness is relative after all.

1 Like

Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by Decryptor(m): 9:27pm On Oct 11, 2012
carefreewannabe:

I'll try but I have to leave for now.
Simply because u don't have a definition for it. @Sagamite, Love is simply defined as a useless feeling and illusion of fantasy which only exists in a vunerable mind towards an individual waiting to take advantage of the situation!

2 Likes

Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by claremont(m): 9:30pm On Oct 11, 2012
Being single can be bliss sometimes, especially when you can do certain things without feeling guilty.
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by slimyem: 10:10pm On Oct 11, 2012
Decryptor: Simply because u don't have a definition for it. @Sagamite, Love is simply defined as a useless feeling and illusion of fantasy which only exists in a vunerable mind towards an individual waiting to take advantage of the situation!
what a definition!!!!
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by saleeh: 10:27pm On Oct 11, 2012
being single till one is fully married is what Allah legislate but dating is full of evil and decete, in fact its the causes of how problems in the world today
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by dave247(m): 10:31pm On Oct 11, 2012
Being SINGLE, you dönt think of any1... Me, myself nd i

1 Like

Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by chiefbatiatus(m): 10:39pm On Oct 11, 2012
dasparrow:

Which love? Do Nigerians know what genuine love is? Most Nigerians get married not for love but just to secure societal status and approval. Others marry for financial security. Most married women in Nigeria look like crap because Naija men and their families waste no time in beating the crap outta them at the slightest provocation.

With the staggering divorce rate in Nigeria, marriage is becoming a risk and when the man dies before the woman, you will be stigmatized as a widow and accused of killing him. However, if you marry a westerner, then you will be better of because they know how to pamper and love their women unlike most African men.

Lastly, what makes you happy does not make the next person happy. Not everybody wants to give up their personal space and have you all up in their face all in the name of being in love. You can love from a distance too and still remain happy. Happiness is relative after all.

I think you are too much, your maturity on this matter is complete. Please fellow nigerians learn that there are people who prefer their quiet than having one person in your face round the clock. I for one will not have a friend I have to call and text every day because we are in luv, that's trash as far as am concerned. Am close to 40 and can marry on my 3 month salary but yet I love the single free life. I sleep well, hate no one and have my peace. I reaized long ago many nigerians don't have any intellectual engagements except those forced on them by career so the empty life is a void that can only be filled by a love subject. Please go and get a life, you were not born to get married or to have children as our womenfolk have been made to believe nowadays. Go and watch discovery channel and see what people have done with the life you are committing to ONLY fall in 'love' or get married!. Marraige is way way way over rated in our ignorant society. Do you know how many people are dying of trauma in marriage? This crap idea is sponsored by these ignorant pastors nowadays who did not pass waec in their time. If you feel empty without noise around you please go and get married to fill your empty life. If you feel alright been alone pls don't allow any ignoram.us tell u otherwise. There is nothing in marriage, all my friends that married today are in one extramarital affairs or the other. Abeg drop subject

1 Like

Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by queensmith: 10:55pm On Oct 11, 2012
i think they are both the same- people just tend to want what they dont have
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by chiefbatiatus(m): 12:31am On Oct 12, 2012
queensmith: i think they are both the same- people just tend to want what they dont have

Good one
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by mojounited(m): 1:00am On Oct 12, 2012
Living without love is not really living, it's like...existing wink
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by DSB(m): 1:38am On Oct 12, 2012
Single and happy. Kinda strange but I never feel lonely even when am alone cos am tooo busy investing in myself - thanks to the internet
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by kinsab(f): 2:40am On Oct 12, 2012
I'm single because I do it quick no time give it to me and I give it you lol... Thinking of love thingS I'm not ready now grin
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by Nobody: 2:48am On Oct 12, 2012
im content( happiness is illusory) regardless. single or not. doesnt make a jot of difference. im someone who loves myself a bit too much but the good thing is i'm able to exude that fondness beyond self.. it is a happy balance. but it's come with some good old practice and patience.
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by Gracious10: 3:02am On Oct 12, 2012
I am single, focused and happy. I don't need to babysit anyone. Men can be tedious work.

By the way Jesus rules, every other person na jara.
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by Gracious10: 3:05am On Oct 12, 2012
dasparrow:

(((Hugs)))
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by Gracious10: 3:11am On Oct 12, 2012
Decryptor: Simply because u don't have a definition for it. @Sagamite, Love is simply defined as a useless feeling and illusion of fantasy which only exists in a vunerable mind towards an individual waiting to take advantage of the situation!

Best love definition ever and honest too. And its coming from a guy? Truth must prevail!
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by livingstoneony(m): 4:34am On Oct 12, 2012
vivian chinaza: I'm single and happy......but I will definitely be happier when I'm fully in a love filled relationship. Loneliness sucks big time!!!!!
same here dear...I mean its beta to b single dan been in a relationship with d wrong person cry
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by MrHim(m): 7:27am On Oct 12, 2012
Just got my H.I.V test last week, negative! I am happy. Might consider dating sometime next year so, for now, na soapy all the way... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by Isysexy: 7:54am On Oct 12, 2012
Macky2: Single, nothing to worry about.
.Yea datz if you got ya 4uck matez
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 12, 2012
I'm freshly single..i.e i just broke up. I terribly miss being in love, but i don't think i'm ready to start dating again. I see lot of single people and i really envy them a lot. They don't av to worry bout having a broken heart, they can do whatever they want to do without worrying if they're hurting him/her... But then loneliness sucks oh big time. When you see two lovebirds pass by, you'd just go "phuck d advantages of been single!"undecided i want to av a girlfriend/boyfriend too!.
They both av their good and bad side to it anyway. But i think dating, being in love is the sweetest thing dat can happen to you provided you guys are happy wiv each other.
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 12, 2012
@topic, anyone can be happier depending on what they enjoy in life. for instance, some ppl cannot live happily for one whole week without having someone they regard to as their romance partner, etc, while some enjoy being completely unattached to anyone cos they love freedom of mind, emotion, space, etc.

BTW, the only true love that exist is the love God has for us humans & the love bw mother & child smiley All those other feelings we call love are different levels of likeness, cos true love is unconditional & no such love exist bw a woman & man that share no blood relation. times of trouble & tribulations will tell u that I m right.

what we call love today is a mere selfish interest amongst humans.
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by Ramcie(f): 8:28am On Oct 12, 2012
Sagamite:

BS!

Don't ever think what applies to women applies to men.

The emotional Mills & Boons BS you want is not of much appeal to me.
speak for yourself alone and don't generalise . You may be different what about others? Moreover am not the Mills & Boons type of woman , know where to draw the line .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Expensive Is Your Relationship? / Seven Ironies Of Ladies / Who Can Tell Me What Truly Happened In This Room? [Pictures]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.