Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,843 members, 7,851,857 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:22 AM

Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? (12768 Views)

The Effects Of Dating Who You'll Not Marry / The Effects Of Dating Who You'll Not Marry / Dating Who You Will Not Marry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by FOREXMART(m): 8:37am On Oct 12, 2012
booqee: I'm freshly single..i.e i just broke up. I terribly miss being in love, but i don't think i'm ready to start dating again. I see lot of single people and i really envy them a lot. They don't av to worry bout having a broken heart, they can do whatever they want to do without worrying if they're hurting him/her... But then loneliness sucks oh big time. When you see two lovebirds pass by, you'd just go "phuck d advantages of been single!"undecided i want to av a girlfriend/boyfriend too!.
They both av their good and bad side to it anyway. But i think dating, being in love is the sweetest thing dat can happen to you provided you guys are happy wiv each other.

Lol i live in PH and here there is a dumb tradition and believe that the best yardstick for measuring a man's love is by how much u can give ur girlfriend as transport when she's leaving. Also a plus for you if you can get her a blackberry and take her to the cinema weekly.

I had just ran back from Kano courtesy of bokoharam and months later and my friend said she wanna know my place but guess what she did next, "you will give me 5k when am going, u know am a student" without even caring about how i survived lol.

WTF!!!. Anyway am not ready to pay any unnecessary bills to any girl when I know she's collecting from other men so i say FAUCK EM, I choose to stay single and happy. I bet you 99% of PH girls are on some player shiit, not like the guys are even better cos dem too like kitty.

Abeg make i dey single jor. Regular PH Girls? FAUCK EM FAUCK EM.

Peace lol.
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by Ramcie(f): 8:38am On Oct 12, 2012
dasparrow:

Which love? Do Nigerians know what genuine love is? Most Nigerians get married not for love but just to secure societal status and approval. Others marry for financial security. Most married women in Nigeria look like crap because Naija men and their families waste no time in beating the crap outta them at the slightest provocation.

With the staggering divorce rate in Nigeria, marriage is becoming a risk and when the man dies before the woman, you will be stigmatized as a widow and accused of killing him. However, if you marry a westerner, then you will be better of because they know how to pamper and love their women unlike most African men.

Lastly, what makes you happy does not make the next person happy. Not everybody wants to give up their personal space and have you all up in their face all in the name of being in love. You can love from a distance too and still remain happy. Happiness is relative after all.
why do you write with so much pain Seems you are in pain. The staggering divorce rate you talked about is obtainable all over not just nigeria . It's more of a global phenomenon. Whatever the case may be, I still prefer to be in love grin
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by Hemanwel(m): 9:23am On Oct 12, 2012
aity67: single and not happy probably because I'm not there yet!
U r not where?As u balaga reach like dis??
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 12, 2012
dear sagamite,

hope you read this 'cause I'll try to answer your question.
a lot has been written about love. I don't think I can easily explain what love is on this forum and even if I did, it would be highly subjective.
but I'd like to differentiate a bit. for me there is a difference between love and being in love. unfortunately the English language is quite restricted when it comes to expressing different forms of love. the Greeks have more words for different types of love and the Spanish are more honest because they rather say 'te quiero' (I want you) to their partners instead of I love you.

so when I asked you the question: I was rather referring to the state of being in love which I would like to compare to the "I want you (so much)" feeling. The feelingwhich makes people want to be around the special person as muh as possible. The special person that occupies quite a lot of your thoughts. And the thoughts about this person make you very happy. And all of it is NOT ONLY about s.ex but about being together and the nice feelings connected to it when the person is and isn't around.

I think that when you want someone so much and when it's mutual, you feel very happy. Have you ever experienced this? And if yes, isn't it better than being alone or being with people who don't mean anything to you even if you are intimate with them?
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by felicity17(m): 10:22am On Oct 12, 2012
Lol
Being single and being married or in a relationships are worlds apart on their own
And d posters defintion of happiness
Single or not
Married or not
Happiness is a choice
U either stay to b happy or not
U decide
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by Rooneyboy(m): 10:23am On Oct 12, 2012
Mr. Him:
Just got my H.I.V test last week, negative! I am happy. Might consider dating sometime next year so, for now, na soapy all the way... cheesy

u go wound ya sef oo.
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by ipromise: 11:24am On Oct 12, 2012
I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ one word †ђξ singles have ïŧ......gravel sound BANG!!!!!
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 12, 2012
None

Happily Married is the answer!
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by blaise26abj(m): 11:59am On Oct 12, 2012
chief batiatus:

I think you are too much, your maturity on this matter is complete. Please fellow nigerians learn that there are people who prefer their quiet than having one person in your face round the clock. I for one will not have a friend I have to call and text every day because we are in luv, that's trash as far as am concerned. Am close to 40 and can marry on my 3 month salary but yet I love the single free life. I sleep well, hate no one and have my peace. I reaized long ago many nigerians don't have any intellectual engagements except those forced on them by career so the empty life is a void that can only be filled by a love subject. Please go and get a life, you were not born to get married or to have children as our womenfolk have been made to believe nowadays. Go and watch discovery channel and see what people have done with the life you are committing to ONLY fall in 'love' or get married!. Marraige is way way way over rated in our ignorant society. Do you know how many people are dying of trauma in marriage? This crap idea is sponsored by these ignorant pastors nowadays who did not pass waec in their time. If you feel empty without noise around you please go and get married to fill your empty life. If you feel alright been alone pls don't allow any ignoram.us tell u otherwise. There is nothing in marriage, all my friends that married today are in one extramarital affairs or the other. Abeg drop subject

the bolded is smtin that has always baffled me. There was a time i had a lot of great minds around me. When newly acquired knowledge and intellectual banters (in diverse topics)could be so exciting and keep you hungry for more without a fleeting tot abt love (dating) for months. Now they seem to be an endangered specie especially in this country.

@ Op, i have had a taste of both worlds, from being an introvert and then being in a relationship. Now i have a balanced view. (personal view). If you get someone with some key qualities you personally have and love, you will be happy. Though u will never know these qualities unless you know yourself. otherwise u will eventually get bored. ( i think we all get bored @ some point whether single or dating)

Being happy as a single, i believe, hinges on the personality.I'm single, and with my personality, i'm loving it die.
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by GentleNaaz(m): 2:08pm On Oct 12, 2012
D world of singlehood is lik dat of child wt few exceptions. No worries. U cn play wt any body,no one wl interogate u. U dnt tell lies 2 avoid any tn. U hv mor time 2 tink abt ur career n spnd mor time on tnz u fnd funny. Ur mind is free 4 everyone. Singles r realy d happiest
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 12, 2012
FOREXMART:

Lol i live in PH and here there is a dumb tradition and believe that the best yardstick for measuring a man's love is by how much u can give ur girlfriend as transport when she's leaving. Also a plus for you if you can get her a blackberry and take her to the cinema weekly.

I had just ran back from Kano courtesy of bokoharam and months later and my friend said she wanna know my place but guess what she did next, "you will give me 5k when am going, u know am a student" without even caring about how i survived lol.

WTF!!!. Anyway am not ready to pay any unnecessary bills to any girl when I know she's collecting from other men so i say FAUCK EM, I choose to stay single and happy. I bet you 99% of PH girls are on some player shiit, not like the guys are even better cos dem too like kitty.

Abeg make i dey single jor. Regular PH Girls? FAUCK EM FAUCK EM.

Peace lol.
did you quote me by mistake or something?? Did i ever mention i'm a PH girl?? Our comments don't correlate..excuse me...
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 12, 2012
Question is this -- What do u earn been in a Relationship?

Happiness? -- But i get that when i stick around with Peers undecided

SeXx? -- Argh! Loads of Gurls Within the Hood wanna Feed me that Every HouR wink

Sense Of Belonging? -- I know where am Coming from and where am Headed to! cool

WTf Else? undecided

TEAM SINGLE LEADING!
wink

1 Like

Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by robo247(m): 5:00pm On Oct 12, 2012
Hmmm... I love dis post so much.
I've bn single for yrs now until lately wen i entered a relationshp.
Wen i was single; i didnt hav 2 worry myself abt those things listed on d post.
But now; hmmmm... Its neva been dsame.
It was really rosy and sweet at d ouset; bu now... i'm afraid my life has not been dsame again.
NOW I JST WISH I'M SINGLE BU JST TOO SCARED TO BREAK HER HEART COZ I REALLY LOVE.
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by FOREXMART(m): 10:58pm On Oct 12, 2012
booqee: did you quote me by mistake or something?? Did i ever mention i'm a PH girl?? Our comments don't correlate..excuse me...

Here is why i quoted you. You said "phuck d advantages of been single!" and I say hell no Phuck these ph girls around. I prefer to say single. Dont see why you should be sad cos i wasn't referring to u directly when i said auffck em.
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by Nobody: 12:30am On Oct 13, 2012
FOREXMART:

Here is why i quoted you. You said "phuck d advantages of been single!" and I say hell no Phuck these ph girls around. I prefer to say single. Dont see why you should be sad cos i wasn't referring to u directly when i said auffck em.
aite...i get you now.
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by Sagamite(m): 10:46am On Oct 14, 2012
carefreewannabe: dear sagamite,

hope you read this 'cause I'll try to answer your question.
a lot has been written about love. I don't think I can easily explain what love is on this forum and even if I did, it would be highly subjective.
but I'd like to differentiate a bit. for me there is a difference between love and being in love. unfortunately the English language is quite restricted when it comes to expressing different forms of love. the Greeks have more words for different types of love and the Spanish are more honest because they rather say 'te quiero' (I want you) to their partners instead of I love you.

so when I asked you the question: I was rather referring to the state of being in love which I would like to compare to the "I want you (so much)" feeling. The feelingwhich makes people want to be around the special person as muh as possible. The special person that occupies quite a lot of your thoughts. And the thoughts about this person make you very happy. And all of it is NOT ONLY about s.ex but about being together and the nice feelings connected to it when the person is and isn't around.

I think that when you want someone so much and when it's mutual, you feel very happy. Have you ever experienced this? And if yes, isn't it better than being alone or being with people who don't mean anything to you even if you are intimate with them?

Wow! You brought it and turned eruditical on my illiteracical arsse. grin

Ati classical history o, ati psychology o, ati linguistics o, o kor ju gbogbo e together sha! (Including classical history, including psychology, including linguistics, you just brought out the whole shebang on me!)

Wa'sheree! (You go do well!)

Anyway, based on your definition of love, then I have definitely experienced the love you stated. I have been completely in love before and I still am. The kind of love that blows you mind. The type my Waffi homies call "Love wantintin". I completely and utterly love myself.

The feeling which makes me want to be around me (the special person) as much as possible. Myself (the special person) that occupies quite a lot of my thoughts. And the thoughts about me makes me very happy. I look in the mirror every morning and I start french kissing myself. And all of it is NOT ONLY about my stunning good looks but about being happy and living my life, and the nice feelings connected to this human right.

I also enjoy being alone combined with special occasions of being with people who don't mean anything to me and being intimate with them. grin

Ah, carefreewannabe, I am not care-free wanna be o. I am just care-free. I need to live my life to the fullest because I heard I am only going to get one. One chance! So, I love my life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlH-qsrS2is
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Oct 14, 2012
how i go happy when my girlfriend use hot iron press my yansh just because i dey halla one new girl wey come our area.omo na when u single u go happy pass.afterall no babe go give u stress
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by movicy(m): 5:25pm On Oct 14, 2012
vivian chinaza: I'm single and happy......but I will definitely be happier when I'm fully in a love filled relationship. Loneliness sucks big time!!!!!
r u ready 4 a long time relationship? Just email me letz chart privately
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 14, 2012
Sagamite:

Wow! You brought it and turned eruditical on my illiteracical arsse. grin

Ati classical history o, ati psychology o, ati linguistics o, o kor ju gbogbo e together sha! (Including classical history, including psychology, including linguistics, you just brought out the whole shebang on me!)

Wa'sheree! (You go do well!)

Anyway, based on your definition of love, then I have definitely experienced the love you stated. I have been completely in love before and I still am. The kind of love that blows you mind. The type my Waffi homies call "Love wantintin". I completely and utterly love myself.

The feeling which makes me want to be around me (the special person) as much as possible. Myself (the special person) that occupies quite a lot of my thoughts. And the thoughts about me makes me very happy. I look in the mirror every morning and I start french kissing myself. And all of it is NOT ONLY about my stunning good looks but about being happy and living my life, and the nice feelings connected to this human right.

I also enjoy being alone combined with special occasions of being with people who don't mean anything to me and being intimate with them. grin

Ah, carefreewannabe, I am not care-free wanna be o. I am just care-free. I need to live my life to the fullest because I heard I am only going to get one. One chance! So, I love my life.

all right! let's go again.
have you ever been "in love" with someone else than you?
have you ever considered that you have a narcissistic personality? I think you do have it (no judgement involved here).

I am happy to hear you're carefree. smiley

they say, those who love themselves can love others and as "love" is the only thing that grows when you share it, why not share it sagamite?

something tells me, you're not as carefree as you 'wannabe' grin
you're too angry (sometimes) wink
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by Sagamite(m): 7:19pm On Oct 14, 2012
carefreewannabe:

all right! let's go again.
have you ever been "in love" with someone else than you?
have you ever considered that you have a narcissistic personality? I think you do have it (no judgement involved here).

I am happy to hear you're carefree. smiley

they say, those who love themselves can love others and as "love" is the only thing that grows when you share it, why not share it sagamite?

something tells me, you're not as carefree as you 'wannabe' grin
you're too angry (sometimes) wink

Ah, carefree, my own pass narcissisi o, I have a narcicrazy personality. grin

I have had Spanish type of love you described for several girls. cheesy

Eh, this statement is a bit faulty.

carefreewannabe:

No be only love dey grow when you share it. I have something else that grows when I want to share it, and I am happy to share it with hot chics. grin

And 'No' I am not angry, I am enlightened. Some like to say "Love is blind" but my own love went to Specsavers. It can see! grin

I see through the BS of virtually all women, and almost all of them are not worthy of me. The special one! cool
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 14, 2012
Sagamite:

Ah, carefree, my own pass narcissisi o, I have a narcicrazy personality. grin

I have had Spanish type of love you described for several girls. cheesy

Eh, this statement is a bit faulty.

No be only love dey grow when you share it. I have something else that grows when I want to share it, and I am happy to share it with hot chics. grin

And 'No' I am not angry, I am enlightened. Some like to say "Love is blind" but my own love went to Specsavers. It can see! grin

I see through the BS of virtually all women, and almost all of them are not worthy of me. The special one! cool

hope you know what happened to narcisst at the end? shocked
why is the statement faulty?

my question why not share the love you have inside you with others remains ... even though you have something else to share, too. I was aware of it. shocked so?
do you think you'll ever find a special one?
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by Sagamite(m): 7:42pm On Oct 14, 2012
carefreewannabe:

hope you know what happened to narcisst at the end? shocked

He got boned to death?

carefreewannabe:
why is the statement faulty?

Your statement asserted the only thing that grows when shared is love. I corrected it by letting you know of another thing that changes shape when shared. cool

carefreewannabe:
my question why not share the love you have inside you with others remains ... even though you have something else to share, too. I was aware of it. shocked so?
do you think you'll ever find a special one?

I am aware it is not compulsory I share, but I am willing to share for the right person.

If the special person finds me, then cool.
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 14, 2012
Sagamite:

He got boned to death?

Your statement asserted the only thing that grows when shared is love. I correct it by letting you know of another thing that changes shape when shared. cool

I am aware it is not compulsory I share, but I am willing to share for the right person.

If the special person finds me, then cool.

narcisst died lonely and young. embarassed

so you're willing to share he? smiley
why aren't you willing to search then ... if love is the one of the TWO things that grows when shared? grin it would just be beautiful to increase the genuine love you have for yourself by sharing it with someone else. wouldn't it?
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by Sagamite(m): 8:13pm On Oct 14, 2012
carefreewannabe:
narcisst died lonely and young. embarassed

Nah! That cannot be my fate. I have consulted my babalawo, he threw 13 expensive beads in the River Ogun and looked into the water to see my future. He said he saw my death. He said I would die of a heart attack after retirement while riding an Orobo to bad.

carefreewannabe:
so you're willing to share he? smiley
why aren't you willing to search then ... if love is the one of the TWO things that grows when shared? grin it would just be beautiful to increase the genuine love you have for yourself by sharing it with someone else. wouldn't it?

I have better things to do with my life than searching.

I am the catch, she needs to search.

I am happy with my life as it is. wink
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 14, 2012
Sagamite:

Nah! That cannot be my fate. I have conducted my babalawo, he threw 13 expensive beads in the River Ogun and looked into the water to see my future. He said he saw my death. He said I would die of a heart attack after retirement while riding an Orobo to bad.

I have better things to do with my life than searching.

I am the catch, she needs to search.

I am happy with my life as it is. wink

ha ha ha. your babalawo smelled you can be hot tempered and that's why he said it will be due to heart attack wink

you say you're the catch. what is she suppossed to be if it's her to search for you?

anyway, as long as you are happy with your life the way it is (single and dating), keep it up that way. just try to be fair grin
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by Sagamite(m): 8:31pm On Oct 14, 2012
carefreewannabe:

ha ha ha. your babalawo smelled you can be hot tempered and that's why he said it will be due to heart attack wink

you say you're the catch. what is she suppossed to be if it's her to search for you?

anyway, as long as you are happy with your life the way it is (single and dating), keep it up that way. just try to be fair grin

I am the catch, she is the lucky one. cool
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 14, 2012
Sagamite:

I am the catch, she is the lucky one. cool

time will tell if she's really lucky to have 'caught' you ... wink
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by Sagamite(m): 8:35pm On Oct 14, 2012
carefreewannabe:

time will tell if she's really lucky to have 'caught' you ... wink

If she can [catch me], then it will be an irrefutable fact.

I will be the Don Jazzy to the soundtrack of her life. cool
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Oct 14, 2012
Sagamite:

If she can [catch me], then it will be an irrefutable fact.

I will be the Don Jazzy to the soundtrack of her life. cool

some voice in my head tells me you can make her cry as much as you can make her laugh. don't know if you can balance it properly wink

if you're truly narcisstic, which I hope you not really are, then everyone around you will end up unhappy.
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by Sagamite(m): 8:44pm On Oct 14, 2012
carefreewannabe:
some voice in my head tells me you can make her cry as much as you can make her laugh. don't know if you can balance it properly wink

if you're truly narcisstic, which I hope you not really are, then everyone around you will end up unhappy.

That is totally dependent on her. I give double of what I get.

Be it love or hate. Be it consideration or selfishness. tongue

I am the baddest boy. cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1_HdLoShjQ&feature=related
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 14, 2012
Sagamite:

That is totally dependent on her. I give double of what I get.

Be it love or hate. Be it consideration or selfishness. tongue

I am the baddest boy. cool

I am impressed. didn't expect it from you, to be honest. Nice one! even though, it's weak to answer to hatred with hate. thought you knew better. wink

why did you choose this little boy video? this boy must eat some more. cheesy
Re: Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? by Sagamite(m): 8:54pm On Oct 14, 2012
carefreewannabe:

I am impressed. didn't expect it from you, to be honest. Nice one! even though, it's weak to answer to hatred with hate. thought you knew better. wink

why did you choose this little boy video? this boy must eat some more. cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

One of those girls that don't like skinny/slim guys.

https://www.nairaland.com/387020/women-what-kind-man-go

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Life Of A Massager With "Happy Ending" (Pics) / Cooking, Sex Or Good Character For Your Woman? / She Gave Me Her Number. Is She Cheap?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.