Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,551 members, 7,865,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:57 PM

Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress - Politics (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress (56090 Views)

Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch / Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment / Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (56) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by ChinenyeN(m): 8:06am On Oct 21, 2012
I really dont understand why so much time was spent on the Okija issue. In my opinion, it was an open and shut case; settled even before the nominations began. You all should have long since moved on.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Nobody: 8:44am On Oct 21, 2012
ilugunboy:

Why are you sounding like a jellyfish!
With all your noise since on this thread..nobody even find you worthy enough for nomination as Eze Nwanyi. That says so much of how the male Igbos here hold you in esteem.

Ifyalways rarely talk but when she talks..you will understand why almost everyone is unanimous over her choice.
so I should start crying or what? Or maybe I should go and jump into the lagoon.
I know where I stand and I earn my respect.your likes on NL who resort in calling me all sort of names from being a w.hore to whatever you choose to call me,I don't give a fucck! I will go down on any fuccking bigot who takes ndi igbo for a ride! You and your cohorts can't intimidate me here for speaking my mind.you are not the first on NL to call me names or insult me.I have seen your likes here and I know how to treat their fucck up.
I advise you to STFU and quit stalking me!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by MadCow1: 8:58am On Oct 21, 2012
Odunnu: What slap on my face! Okija is running for the Eze post and proudly says he cant write in Igbo language?
Na wa o.
Even if he cant write in Igbo, he shouldnt have mentioned it. The sweetness of Igbo language is the proverbs dropped strategically at some point in a true son's speech.
Bia, umunne m, Okija buru Eze, ara ga agba ndi ara na obodo a o. Gbado kwa nu anya.
Udodiri umu igbo

[b]Ada anyi, Ekene kam na ekene gi na ututu a'. Ife'm kwu bu na enwe'm ike I de ogonogo okwu a'nwa na asusu anyi. Ya pkata m gi si unu gba a'ram ka'm d ya na asusu beke, ka odo madu nine anya ife'm choro I'kwu. Mana nsogbu adiro. Ka anyi hapu go di okwu gbasara mu na ije election a', na ga niru.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Demdem(m): 8:59am On Oct 21, 2012
tchidi:
shocked. Seriously?!

[/b] I think its high time I slept! Politics no fit me[b]

Can u now see the reason why these guys don't deserve what u give them?
grin grin
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Demdem(m): 9:04am On Oct 21, 2012
berem: nne good nite!

Errm! Point B, I wanna just say something.Do you think it was ok for you guys to allow non igbos to nominate? Why I asked this is because,am not sure it is our custom in igbo for non igbos to also interfere in Ezeship contest.my maternal uncle was once an Eze ndi igbo in a local government in Lagos state before LASG stop recognizing such titles.and I know non igbos didn't participate in him being elected.
Don't you think its better for only igbos to nominate their candidates? "Just asking"

How would u differentiate igbos from non-igbos on NL. Knowing the language is not enough. Besides we have some non-igbos who seems to have the interest of igbos than some igbos themselves especially here on NL.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Demdem(m): 9:04am On Oct 21, 2012
ndu_chucks: As an observer, I must confess that your process is very far from being democratic, sorry to say. You people need to grow up and know when to put the interests of the people above childish ego based interests.

Well said.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Demdem(m): 9:10am On Oct 21, 2012
PointB:

Berem,
The rule only permits Igbo and those who are clearly allies of Igbos. I took my time not to count nominations of those who are not qualified. But if you think there are some oversight kindly point them out so that I can correct them.

Did u factor in my nomination?
If yes, excellent.
If no, I demand an explanation.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Demdem(m): 9:14am On Oct 21, 2012
abouzaid: The manifesto must be presented in igbo language only. Anybody that can't read and write fluently in igbo have no business being our eze. Onye ana rọ anụ igbo, afa ya bụ ndo, ife anyị gana ede ebe a bụ soso igbo. Ndị ntisa chọrọ iji nkwụgheri mebie ife anyị na eme ebe a. Manịvesto bụ soso igbo ka aga eji mee ya. Onye amaro asụ na edekwa igbo ekwesirọ ibu eze.

PointB said allies of Igbo. Do allies also neccessarily have to understand the language undecided

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 21, 2012
Demdem:

How would u differentiate igbos from non-igbos on NL. Knowing the language is not enough. Besides we have some non-igbos who seems to have the interest of igbos than some igbos themselves especially here on NL.
I think Point B have cleared that issue. I know for sure you are not a bigot because I have never seen any comment of yours insulting ndi igbo unlike others who can't have rest of mind unless they spew trash about ndi igbo.I only pointed out the issue because of the way non igbos have turned the thread as an avenue to pour out their hate.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Onlytruth(m): 9:26am On Oct 21, 2012
Demdem:

PointB said allies of Igbo. Do allies also neccessarily have to understand the language undecided

We always welcome allies and friends. That is why the process was designed to encourage them to participate in nominating and hopefully voting during the elections proper.
Those allies and friends of Ndigbo don't have to speak Igbo to belong. Actions speak louder than words.

We umu Igbo know our friends and allies here on Nairaland.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Onlytruth(m): 9:29am On Oct 21, 2012
I wish to use this opportunity to thank our able electoral commissioner, and the entire elections tribunal, for being true sons of Igboland.
You truly made me very proud to be an Igbo man today.

Thanks for your tenacity of purpose, focus and vigor in ensuring that we choose a credible leader at the end of this exercise.

Jisie nu ike umunne m.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by PointB: 9:32am On Oct 21, 2012
Thank Ujchief for clarifying you stand. And thank you all who spent your precious time deliberating and offering constructive suggestion on the Okija matter. One other benefit of the Okija saga is the suggestion that the Electoral process be restructured. Personally, I agree to this. I will lend my time to any process that seeks to strengthen our way of choosing leader to ensure only the very best emerges.

Now that the Okija matter has been finally put to rest. I call on the top 3 nominees to kindly step up and face their nominators, Igbos, electoral members, and other interest group and tell us what they think.

Odumchi, Pa Eziachi (if you see this thread), Dede1, your people awaits you. It's time to accept/decline your nominations.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Demdem(m): 9:34am On Oct 21, 2012
berem: I think Point B have cleared that issue. I know for sure you are not a bigot because I have never seen any comment of yours insulting ndi igbo unlike others who can't have rest of mind unless they spew trash about ndi igbo.I only pointed out the issue because of the way non igbos have turned the thread as an avenue to pour out their hate.

Why should I insult those that buy my products en-masse grin Besides all forms of bigotry should be discouraged. There should be mutual respect between all tribes. North inclusive.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Onlytruth(m): 9:41am On Oct 21, 2012
Odunnu: What slap on my face! Okija is running for the Eze post and proudly says he cant write in Igbo language?
Na wa o.
Even if he cant write in Igbo, he shouldnt have mentioned it. The sweetness of Igbo language is the proverbs dropped strategically at some point in a true son's speech.
Bia, umunne m, Okija buru Eze, ara ga agba ndi ara na obodo a o. Gbado kwa nu anya.
Udodiri umu igbo

Nne, not to indulge you, but you are one of the most regal of "Igbo ladies" on this forum (BTW I know you are not really Igbo). Your Igbo is elegant to read.

Nke ozo bu na omume gi roro aro. O buru na m enwebeghi nwunye, a ka m achu gi mbi aka mbi aka: Translated: The next point I want to raise about you is that your behavior is lady-like and graceful. If I have not been cornered by another female, and if you were still single, I would have pursued you to the ends of the earth with every asset I own (money, stocks, lands, flowers, raps, lynching of any opposition cool , etc).

I bu Eze nwanyi already, though ceremonially.
Dalu so.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 21, 2012
berem: so I should start crying or what? Or maybe I should go and jump into the lagoon.
I know where I stand and I earn my respect.your likes on NL who resort in calling me all sort of names from being a w.hore to whatever you choose to call me,I don't give a fucck! I will go down on any fuccking bigot who takes ndi igbo for a ride! You and your cohorts can't intimidate me here for speaking my mind.you are not the first on NL to call me names or insult me.I have seen your likes here and I know how to treat their fucck up.
I advise you to STFU and quit stalking me!

Lolzzzz...why are you sounding this aggressive early morning.

Your husband was not strong enough last night on you?

Chill, today is Sunday...enjoy the day!

Meanwhile ...can you guy move this process forward? You've spent too much valuable time on inconsequential matters.

Am an ally of umu Igbo..
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Odunnu: 10:40am On Oct 21, 2012
Mad Cow:

[b]Ada anyi, Ekene kam na ekene gi na ututu a'. Ife'm kwu bu na enwe'm ike I de ogonogo okwu a'nwa na asusu anyi. Ya pkata m gi si unu gba a'ram ka'm d ya na asusu beke, ka odo madu nine anya ife'm choro I'kwu. Mana nsogbu adiro. Ka anyi hapu go di okwu gbasara mu na ije election a', na ga niru.
Now we are talking grin
Errrm, from the depths of your heart, do you consider your speech an apology? Do you think its unifying? Do you think it's even worth your time?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Odunnu: 10:44am On Oct 21, 2012
Onlytruth:

Nne, not to indulge you, but you are one of the most regal of "Igbo ladies" on this forum (BTW I know you are not really Igbo). Your Igbo is elegant to read.

Nke ozo bu na omume gi roro aro. O buru na m enwebeghi nwunye, a ka m achu gi mbi aka mbi aka: Translated: The next point I want to raise about you is that your behavior is lady-like and graceful. If I have not been cornered by another female, and if you were still single, I would have pursued you to the ends of the earth with every asset I own (money, stocks, lands, flowers, raps, lynching of any opposition cool , etc).

Dalu so.
Nkea atoka shia la m isi. Choi! Obi na ato m paulina paulina cheesy

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 21, 2012
Ndi igbo e kenem unu! Unu ga kwa uka ta? (Okija e soro na ndi'm na aju)... Ehen, e shi cha go'm osikapa! Unu kwucha, unu a bia rie nri, rijuo afo! embarassed(I get am abi?)

*still on my Eze's 3rd wife campaign*

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by 9jaIhail(m): 12:32pm On Oct 21, 2012
Onlytruth:

Dalu so.

My Eze this is good we the igbo men need to encourage our ladies more on their effort to play role in protecting and promoting Igbo course.

Eze one more thing i would like to say is, it would be in interest of all that you re-elect because we are truly satisfied with your present tenure.Just my opinion.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by 9jaIhail(m): 12:44pm On Oct 21, 2012
@ POINTB and other members of the electoral committee, i will like everyone of us to check the complaint thread and read what seun had just said about this thread not making homepage.Please kindly add your voice so that the MODS can move this thread to the homepage as seun had stated it clear that he is not responsible for the delay of this thread making the homepage.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Odunnu: 12:47pm On Oct 21, 2012
tchidi: Ndi igbo e kenem unu! Unu ga kwa uka ta? (Okija e soro na ndi'm na aju)... Ehen, e shi cha go'm osikapa! Unu kwucha, unu a bia rie nri, rijuo afo! embarassed(I get am abi?)

*still on my Eze's 3rd wife campaign*
Hehehehehehehe, if its as real as its true, drop the Address.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 21, 2012
Odunnu:
Hehehehehehehe, if its as real as its true, drop the Address.

Nassarawa State... When u reach park, just post am here... grin
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by tyson55(m): 2:22pm On Oct 21, 2012
@pointB, when is the election taking place? We gotta move forward now, having gotten Okija's case sorted out.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by abouzaid: 2:45pm On Oct 21, 2012
@pointb, ilugunboy has just posted on d complain page that this thread should not be moved to the frontpage. This is a fall out of holding discussions here in english. I demand again that everything should be hence forth be in igbo to avoid this vultures from trolling us. Honestly i'm beginning to get real angry with u guys and ur nigerian mentality.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Dede1(m): 2:52pm On Oct 21, 2012
Chaa! Chaa!! Chaa!!! Umu Igbo Kwenu! Riienu!! Muonu!!! Zuonu!!!!

The nomination process for Eze Ndigbo NL has truly humbled me. I
salute every Igbo son and daughter who thought it is worthwhile to
nominate DEDE1 for such audacious position. My profound greetings also go to
individuals who are not Igbo but envisaged it was wise to mention DEDE1 in
such a prestigious light as Eze Ndigbo NL nomination process even though it
came with the usual insults known in NL.

By the same token, I salute the Igbo sons and daughters who believed
DEDE1 would better serve them in the trenches of NL than to occupy the
venerable position of Eze Ndigbo NL. This endeavor shall remain
incomplete if I did not congratulate Onlytruth for his stewardship.
Onlytruth, you shall live long. Also, PointB and the electoral committee members
have shown us there is true Igbo blood running in their veins. I salute all
of you through the divinity of our forebearers.

I had special thanks for one ballabriggs who has uncanny ability and
mischievous tendency to impress his\her naughty niches. There is no
doubt this fellow knew few things about Igbo land but sometimes chose to be silly.
Nonetheless, I made this fellow a banter project with hope he\she will
turn the corners. Again, balllabriggs, I salute you for the act or
feign of truism or pungent in the nomination exercise.

Internet is one of the gracious discoveries of mankind. It provides us
the shade or tent to remain anonymous while unloading salvos of insults
at intended targets on a slightest provocation. In addition, it grants
the opportunity to rebut constant bombardment of the news media with
fallacious garbage with aim to secure de facto trend by certain
eggheads. The tenement Internet provides to praise singers can not be overlooked either.

With measured humility and magnanimity, I plead with no remorse to be
allowed to withdraw the nomination of DEDE1 from the current
electioneering process of Eze Ndigbo NL. Udo Diri Unu!!!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by dayokanu(m): 2:58pm On Oct 21, 2012
Dede1: With measured humility and magnanimity, I plead with no remorse to be
allowed to withdraw the nomination of DEDE1 from the current
electioneering process of Eze Ndigbo NL. Udo Diri Unu!!!

Coward you dey go Abidjan?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Dede1(m): 3:01pm On Oct 21, 2012
dayokanu:

Coward you dey go Abidjan?

I urge you to verify the connotation of word – coward. A person who has decided to stay in the trenches of NL can not be coward unless in Ogbomosho or Yoruba land.

2 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 21, 2012
Why all of una dey withdraw from the process now? Is it that you are not convinced of the integrity of the people driving the process or you see imminent defeat in the horizon?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 21, 2012
abouzaid: @pointb, ilugunboy has just posted on d complain page that this thread should not be moved to the frontpage. This is a fall out of holding discussions here in english. I demand again that everything should be hence forth be in igbo to avoid this vultures from trolling us. Honestly i'm beginning to get real angry with u guys and ur nigerian mentality.

Now that you are really angry ..what are you gonna do? Beat someone? grin
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by abouzaid: 3:17pm On Oct 21, 2012
Dayokanu and ilugunboy now spends 24/7 on this thread raining insults on good igbos. Just check d viewing names or their constant posts. This could easily be solved by reverting to igbo language.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by 9jaIhail(m): 3:31pm On Oct 21, 2012
ilugunboy:

Why are you sounding like a jellyfish!
With all your noise since on this thread..nobody even find you worthy enough for nomination as Eze Nwanyi. That says so much of how the male Igbos here hold you in esteem.

Ifyalways rarely talk but when she talks..you will understand why almost everyone is unanimous over her choice.

Who told you she is not valued by her people? her effort is well recognized.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by PointB: 3:43pm On Oct 21, 2012
Thank 9ja_I_hail,
I have visited the complaint thread and have dropped a piece of my mind.

@Abouzaid,
We are not going to be reactive. Besides it is not every Igboman that can read and write Igbo, let alone fluently. We do not intend to intimidate or discourage them. Those who choose to write in igbo can go ahead and should provide interpretation when able, the majority who prefer to continue communicating in english may also continue to do so.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (56) (Reply)

DSS Reacts As IPOB Members Kill Two Officers, Reveals Next Move / Picture Of Gov Okorocha Demanding The Release Of Voters Held Illegally / Goodluck Jonathan Reacts To Fulani Herdsmen Killings, replies El-rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.