Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,562 members, 7,865,352 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:13 PM

Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress (56092 Views)

Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch / Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment / Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (56) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by PointB: 6:53pm On Oct 20, 2012
ndu_chucks: PointB, you have been doing a good job so far and I'd recommend that you do not allow small minds to spoil things for you. Okija was nominated by some and his candidacy opposed by others, the right and sensible thing to do is to present him as a candidate, if he has enough people nominating him, and let the people decide with their votes. Anything less will render this exercise useless. shi kena

Can you point any other person whose candidacy was vehemently opposed as Okija's? If you can't, what does that say about him?

In anycase, this exercise has achieved a lot whether it throw up another Eze or not. At least those who claim the represent Igbo in here knows that certain things are expected of them. That you do not create discord among brethren and sisters and expect an applause from us, is the least we can take away from this exercise. And that to me, is a lot. The rest is symbolic!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Charlesnerd: 6:57pm On Oct 20, 2012
Eze Onlytruth,dalukwa,agam ekpu nkata n'isi we gwa gi okwu,maka na okwu na aso anya.I have read your submission. Frankly,I do not want to believe you typed all those,that should be the lowest point of your reign.Come on,even Ojukwu in all his knowledge and wisdom would not arrogate to himself the authority to decide whom to forgive and whom to vilify,he was a man who believed in the power of reasoning and consensus,this guided all his actions while he was alive.Okija Jujus sins are unpardonable?,damn!!,this got me laughing,Okija can as well be termed an outcast,Osu to be precise,since his brothers who are meant to forgive and caution him have ostracised him and consequently declared him ireedemable and worthless.Chukwu abiama,Ina afukwa ihe m na afu?

I do not see you as someone who does not mean well,but that statement is an insult on the sensibilities of people,an Eze should be Royal and unifying ,those comments were so pedestrian and undignified for someone whose words are expected to be of great import to his subjects.

Frankly,I do not like the way this thread has degenerated ,it has polarised opinion and has diverted attention from the main issue at stake.Its obvious from your statements that Okija would not be allowed to run,so going on appeal would be of little or no effect.

At this point,I would like to request that you have a rethink on Okijas case,mana o buru na ichee na Eze adighi eno aso mmiri ya,then the electoral committee should finally foreclose his case,strike his name off the official list and let people move on,instead tagging us along.

@Ifyalways,am glad you have a good head on your shoulders...Dalu..Jisike.

4 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by nduchucks: 7:04pm On Oct 20, 2012
PointB:

Can you point any other person whose candidacy was vehemently opposed as Okija's? If you can't, what does that say about him?

In anycase, this exercise has achieved a lot whether it throw up another Eze or not. At least those who claim the represent Igbo in here knows that certain things are expected of them. That you do not create discord among brethren and sisters and expect an applause from us, is the least we can take away from this exercise. And that to me, is a lot. The rest is symbolic!

There can only be one "Most controversial". That alone is not enough to thwart the democratic process. If the opposition to his candidacy is as vehement as you've stated, then the results of the voting process will vindicate you.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by PointB: 7:17pm On Oct 20, 2012
Indeed, this thread is growing long but I don't think the digression is needless. Personally, I think it worth paying a little attention to the issue of Okija_juju, so that other Igbos can use it as a reference point on how not to seek popularity among other ethnic group. It is an open secret that some of us, seek attention and acceptance by bringing down our own. They reckon, that by so doing, people from the other side of the divide will see them as rational or moderate. Such practice is wrong, very wrong. Rather than encourage division and in fighting by unwarranted loud 'correction', silence can be golden especially when the skill of subtlety is lacking. This is where many of us, are lacking. And this is where the seed of division, dissent and discord are sown. This is where we must pause and think!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by PointB: 7:32pm On Oct 20, 2012
ndu_chucks:

There can only be one "Most controversial". That alone is not enough to thwart the democratic process. If the opposition to his candidacy is as vehement as you've stated, then the results of the voting process will vindicate you.

Voting process or nomination process?

My guy, I am sure you understand how things work here.

Let me ask you, if Musiwa and PointB were to be polled in Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland for the whole Nairaland to vote, who do you think will win? Clearly most, non Igbo in Nairaland will vote Musiwa if only to spite the process. Like I have said several times, the rule is made to ensure that those who truly represent Igbo made it past the nomination stage. And if we don't pay attention to the protest, those with dormant multiple monikers can reactivate and use them to circumvent the filtering clause. I.e Muyiwa can use his various monikers to nominate Musiwa1 multiple times because, the organiser are not paying mind to the protest against Musiwa1 by Watchman and StopDem!

The Nomination Guideline is the only way we can guard against imposition of candidate on Igbos by Nairalanders. Please bear with us.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by nduchucks: 7:38pm On Oct 20, 2012
PointB:

Voting process or nomination process?

My guy, I am sure you understand how things work here.

Let me ask you, if Musiwa and PointB were to be polled in Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland for the whole Nairaland to vote, who do you think will win? Clearly most, non Igbo in Nairaland will vote Musiwa if only to spite the process. Like I have said several times, the rule is made to ensure that those who truly represent Igbo made it past the nomination stage. And if we don't pay attention to the protest, the with dormant multiple monikers can use that to circumvent the filtering clause. I.e Musiwa can use his various moniker to nominate Musiwa1 multiple times because, the organiser are not paying mind to the protest against Musiwa1.

The Nomination Rule is the only way we can guard against imposition of candidate on Igbos by Nairalander. Please bear with us.

I thought we were discussing the candidacy of Okija and not Musiwa or are you accusing Okija of having multiple IDs which he plans to use to rig the election?. If enough people have nominated Okija, then put his name up for a vote along with the remaining candidates. Anything less will render your process severely flawed.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by PointB: 7:45pm On Oct 20, 2012
ndu_chucks:

I thought we were discussing the candidacy of Okija and not Musiwa or are you accusing Okija of having multiple IDs which he plans to use to rig the election?. If enough people have nominated Okija, then put his name up for a vote along with the remaining candidates. Anything less will render your process severely flawed.

Ok, if you don't understand that a controversial candidate can use his various monikers to boost his nomination if there are no impediment, then let me make it abundantly clear, that it is possible. Whether that is the case here, I have no means of knowing. As per whether enough 'people' have nominated Okija_juju to warrant his polling, you may have to go through the thread one more time. I suggest slowly.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by bashr8: 7:45pm On Oct 20, 2012
ndu_chucks:

okija wetin ? the same guy that insults we igbos and side our enemies, noooo maybe you are even him.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by dayokanu(m): 7:55pm On Oct 20, 2012
Onlytruth: Any Igbo person with SOUND faculty would not quarrel with my position on Okija_juju.

Bottom line you are saying Dende's faculty is not sound? Is it because he looks like a retardd? You are wicked. Do you know his condition was as a result of the civil war you love so much.

We are saying Adekunle turned Dende into a Mor0n for life?

3 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Dede1(m): 8:00pm On Oct 20, 2012
PointB:

The vehemence with which Okija_juju attacked Ojukwu and by extension those mourning him and the tenacity which which he pours diatribe on people of Imo state makes me seriously question his Igboness. I have on some occasion suspected he is same as ahj_harem. In otherword, I doubt if he is Igbo.

However, as far as this election is concerned, my suggestion that he seeks peace with those who opposed his candidacy and an endorsement of the Eze was in order to ensure that some of the clauses especially those bordering on unity and harmony does not count against him. But perhaps he was too haughty or to smart for his own good to recognise my intention. In disqualifying him, I only interpreted the rules. I also suggested he seeks redress at the tribunal who may see things differently, but he declined.

In anycase, it is up to the Election Tribunal to take the decision to uphold or upturn the disqualification. I personally to think it is unfair to suggest that I am responsible for his travails. If the Tribunal feels that he has shown enough remorse to be welcome back to the fold, so be it.

I salute you, my brother, for the manner in which you have conducted the task. It will amount to irony of travesty for any reasonable fellow to remotely insinuate you are responsible for Okija_juju travails. Since the nomination process has concluded, the issue of Okija_juju and disqualification is closed matter.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by ifyalways(f): 8:02pm On Oct 20, 2012
PointB dalu. Udo chia. Just for the records, I didn't nominate okija ,but that's because I think we have better candidates, not because of what he's said or not said in the past.

Ihe gbara m ara bu. Otu eze anyi siri declare that okija won't be forgiven. Anyway, ka anyi na-aga n'iru.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by PointB: 8:03pm On Oct 20, 2012
Let me get this process going again.

I (the Electoral Commisioner) wishes to formally crave the indulgence of the Election Tribunal to answer the following the prayers concerning a candidate - Okija_juju:

1. Does the Election Tribunal agree that Okija_juju contravene section(s) of the Nomination guideline as set?

2. Does the Election Tribunal agrees that Okija_juju was fairly disqualified?

3. Does the Tribunal upturn Okija_juju's disqualification?

4. Which way forward does the Election Tribunal propose?

The electoral commissioner urges URGENT response to these prayers to enable us proceed with the next stage of the election. As simple majority decision will suffice.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Dede1(m): 8:12pm On Oct 20, 2012
dayokanu:

Bottom line you are saying Dende's faculty is not sound? Is it because he looks like a retardd? You are wicked. Do you know his condition was as a result of the civil war you love so much.

We are saying Adekunle turned Dende into a Mor0n for life?

It does not take long to notice your mother is from Ogbomosho. The act of laud mouthing trails the people of Ogbomosho. From Akintola, Adekunle to Dayolodo, it is all about mouthing off with questionable parentage. I blame these despicable straits on the Caliphate foot soldiers.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by abouzaid: 8:14pm On Oct 20, 2012
@pointB, kwụsị isa ndụ_chucks okwu, obulo onye igbo. Ọ bụ onye hausa
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 20, 2012
ifyalways:

Otu eze anyi siri declare that okija won't be forgiven.
embarassed
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by dayokanu(m): 8:17pm On Oct 20, 2012
Dede1:

It does not take long to notice your mother is from Ogbomosho. The act of load mouthing trails the people of Ogbomosho. From Akintola, Adekunle to Dayolodo, it is all about mouthing off with questionable parentage. I blame these despicable straits on the Caliphate foot soldiers.

Nna kedu. Why na me you dey fight?

No be Onlytruth say your faculty is not sound? I was even defending you that its not right to mock people based on their disability.

Since everyone knows you are a retardd courtesy of Biafra war, why should onlytruth be rubbing it in?

Some people are "Winch for Jezus, You are a Retardd for Biafra grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Dede1(m): 8:24pm On Oct 20, 2012
dayokanu:

Nna kedu. Why na me you dey fight?

No be Onlytruth say your faculty is not sound? I was even defending you that its not right to mock people based on their disability.

Since everyone knows you are a retardd courtesy of Biafra war, why should onlytruth be rubbing it in?

Some people are "Winch for Jezus, You are a Retardd for Biafra grin cheesy

I have no delusions about your comprehensible deficiency. There was never a moment I opposed Okija_juju’s nomination. It shows lack of human intellect on your silly part in attempt to string me with issue bordering on Okija_juju’s palaver.

4 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by PointB: 8:25pm On Oct 20, 2012
Dede1:

I salute you, my brother, for the manner in which you have conducted the task. It will amount to irony of travesty for any reasonable fellow to remotely insinuate you are responsible for Okija_juju travails. Since the nomination process has concluded, the issue of Okija_juju and disqualification is closed matter.

My brother thank you. Even though the nomination is over, it is based on your appeal as one of the foremost candidate and other Igbos who have raised objection that I filed appeal on behalf of Okija at the Tribunal. I don't want it to look like I am the judge and jury of this election. I believe we all have a stake in the foregoing, and I hope everyone play their role.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Onlytruth(m): 8:30pm On Oct 20, 2012
Okay, I'm back. Though briefly.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by abouzaid: 8:33pm On Oct 20, 2012
@dede1, biko hapu ewu a gi na ya na ako ọnụ. Ọ bụ onye ntisa. Biko gba ya nkịtị
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Onlytruth(m): 8:36pm On Oct 20, 2012
@charles.nerd

My brother you cannot understand because I don't think you were here last year when we had the first election.
You also cannot understand because you were not here when Ojukwu was being mocked by Okija and his Yoruba allies on his dying bed.
You also cannot understand because you don't know how hard some of us have worked to "whip" certain renege Igbo here into line.
Sometimes we are abused, and ridiculed; we still soldierd on.

The position of Eze Ndigbo, (or any Igbo leader for that matter) is a very lonely one. However I knew that going in.
Luckily for me, adighi m agba ka m data ego. cool
Thank God for that.

I have heard all you said and have taken correction where necessary.
Let's not derail this process. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Onlytruth(m): 8:38pm On Oct 20, 2012
Bro Dede1, please ignore that animal. You bless him with your attention.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by dayokanu(m): 8:43pm On Oct 20, 2012
Dede1:

I have no delusions about your comprehensible deficiency. There was never a moment I opposed Okija_juju’s nomination. It shows lack of human intellect on your silly part in attempt to string me with issue bordering on Okija_juju’s palaver.

Nna. Kedu maka ahia.

Shey na true say your faculy no dey sound? Is it because your speech is impaired due to acute mental retardation or was it from the kwashiokor of 1970?

Nna Biko. You never stood a chance. It was the fight for Biafra that turned you into a vegetable and the object of ridicule from that anuofia called Onlytruth.

Chukwu would revenge for you and punish Onlytruth adequately.

Sorry no vex. Clean the mucus streaming down your nose into your mouth. cheesy cheesy grin

Make I buy you Nkwobi but promise you wont spill it on your dress like you normally do in your moronic ways.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by PointB: 8:44pm On Oct 20, 2012
ifyalways: PointB dalu. Udo chia. Just for the records, I didn't nominate okija ,but that's because I think we have better candidates, not because of what he's said or not said in the past.

Ihe gbara m ara bu. Otu eze anyi siri declare that okija won't be forgiven. Anyway, ka anyi na-aga n'iru.

Dalu nwayi oma,
What an Igbo who represent us say about us matter a lot. That is at the heart of Okija's travails. That was his problem in the first election, same has reared it's head ugly head here. It simply mean Okija has not changed, and has continued to touch raw nerves.

Ngbe Eze anyi si na ya aga gbahara Okija, e kwe re iwota na obu maka otu Okija si kpa agba. Manu nye nchere e ne me bu iyo Eze anyi ko gbahara Okija, o buhu iji iwe n'obi oku a gba Eze uka.

O ga ni iru anyi, nu si n'aka ndi Tribunal. A nam eche ka ha sa ajuju njulu ha.

Udo.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by MadCow1: 8:47pm On Oct 20, 2012
ifyalways: I just don't get it. Must all Igbos see Ojukwu as a hero?infact, on whose authority would anyone declare okija's sins "unforgivable" We can't forgive brother? This same haughty, we-all-must-view-things-from-same-angle/my way or highway was what made some people withdraw from the current government. No one, I mean, no freaking person should try shoving his personal opinions down anyones throat regardless of his or her position! A good leader, which unfortunately, we've not had uses facts and persuasion to 'convince and carry his subjects along' not muscle flexing!.
We cannot afford to have a leader who is neck deep stuck in the past and fighting enemies(real or imagined) as opposed to first, uniting ndi Igbo then lezie anya n'ulo dozie ife nine mebiri emebi. Not anymore! We are tired of the never ending war of words that yields ZERO results to the welfare of ndi Igbo online and offline. We want to fix our home as that's the only way we can fight(then win). Enough already of all this "my way, the only way"

Udo!

ify

you have spoken like a true leader..

my votes go to you...

i hereby nominate ifyalways for the position of Eze Nwayi of Nairaland.. And call on my supporters to throw their full weight behind her.

Nne oma ibu odogwu.. nwoke nwe nwayi di ka gi na uno e'nwegi nsugbo.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by abouzaid: 8:53pm On Oct 20, 2012
@madcow, biko kedu nke onye ọbụla na ekwu garri garri? Biko kedu ife garri melu
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Charlesnerd: 8:54pm On Oct 20, 2012
@PointB,the electoral commisioner

Thanks for the thoughtfulness of yourself and your team in agreeing to review the case of Okija,its a step well taken,and in the right direction.Udo diri unu.

However,I do not feel that the electoral team,with its composition and make-up would do justice to Okija ,if you are to go by the method of hearing which you have adopted.If for anything,going by the utterances of the members of your committee on this thread,in relation to Okija,I don't feel justice would be dispensed transperently.

On this premise,I would want to suggest that Okija should not be tried in absentia,he should come and defend himself before the tribunal members and the public.He should answer these questions.

A) why should the tribunal allow you to stand for election,considering the numerous allegations levelled against you?

B) What is your reactions to the accusation that you vilified the foremost Igbo leader while alive,and even in death?

C) what do you have to say about the allegation that you,in the past,ridiculed Igbos from other states and other Igbo groups?

He should be given 12 or 24 hrs to respond,and in the event of not responding,the committee can take any further action they deem fit ,as silence can be construed as acceptance of guilt.

This is just a mild suggestion and the tribunal is at liberty to accept it,modify it or reject it if they feel its not necessary. However,I feel Okija's case should be treated openly and fairly, in a way that even Okija himself would feel justified that justice has been dispensed and support any elected candidiate, while he waits for his time;I believe his time would still come.

Thanks for the work you and your team have done,though not perfect,but I believe you guys can do better since there is always room for improvement....Dalunu!

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 20, 2012
Mad Cow:

ify

you have spoken like a true leader..

my votes go to you...

i hereby nominate ifyalways for the position of Eze Nwayi of Nairaland.. And call on my supporters to throw their full weight behind her.

Nne oma ibu odogwu.. nwoke nwe nwayi di ka gi na uno e'nwegi nsugbo.
you sound like Okija Juju! I hope am right in my guess.

Where is Okija juju? Let him come and make his appeal biko.am already feeling for him. "Cries"
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by freesoul3(f): 8:59pm On Oct 20, 2012
how can any igbo person insult oda igbos and people are here wanting them to contest
this election

some should have their heads examine

i'm even ashamed how some are attacking awa eze because of uselss people
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by freesoul3(f): 8:59pm On Oct 20, 2012
berem: you sound like Okija Juju! I hope am right in my guess.

okija caught!
useless man

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by LordNaya: 9:09pm On Oct 20, 2012
@Ilugunboy am not a fool. U are a cursed coward prisoner
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by PointB: 9:11pm On Oct 20, 2012
@Charles,
I think 12 hrs is fair enough. The process is self driven, and waiting for an individual for too long may cause other unforeseeable consequences. Personally, whichever prayer (yours or mine) the Election Tribunal chooses answer is fair enough for me. I just want us to move forward already.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (56) (Reply)

DSS Reacts As IPOB Members Kill Two Officers, Reveals Next Move / Picture Of Gov Okorocha Demanding The Release Of Voters Held Illegally / Goodluck Jonathan Reacts To Fulani Herdsmen Killings, replies El-rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.