Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,572 members, 7,865,380 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:56 PM

Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress - Politics (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress (56093 Views)

Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch / Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment / Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (56) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by lateef4me(m): 11:53pm On Oct 20, 2012
Let us wait and see what pointB and onlytruth have to say about okija juju's comment .by the way,where are thou Afam
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by 9jaIhail(m): 11:54pm On Oct 20, 2012
tchidi:
shocked. Seriously?!

[/b] I think its high time I slept! Politics no fit me[b]

Yes seriously nne, how do you expect good leadership from one man who ought to discredit all our pass and present leaders? Anyway Honorable commissioner i have made my stand open and clear Okija juju apology is unacceptable and he is very much unfit to lead a backyard meeting talk less of leading igbo's in general.I don't know if Okija juju is trying to make us to understand that he is going to be a perfect Eze without mistakes.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by ChinenyeN(m): 11:56pm On Oct 20, 2012
9ja_I_hail: Okija Juju your point has been noted and some of your points are totally unacceptable by me.You have made your speech and it's sound emotional yes it is, but i will like to tell you this categorically, as long as i am alive and participate in whatever igbos does on Nairaland or outside Nairaland you cannot lead any committee i belong, i promised to campaign against you.I said this because you have refused to recognize our passed Eze Ndigbo gburugburu in person of Ikemba Ojukwu,at the same time refused to be loyal to the incumbent eze ndigbi nairaland for this reason i will always stand against you in any election or campaign.You can't aspire to be a leader whereas you disrespect your formers leaders. I am not against you holding your hatred toward ikemba, but for you to have the audacity to come out publicly to re-emphasize your stands and disrespect towards Ojukwu and Onlytruth is out of order.How many yoruba's on this Nairaland can publicly admit to you that awolowo played a bad role during the Biafra war that made you disrespect ikemba to the extend you failed to understand that he is a human being just as you are and can make mistakes. At this time we Igbos are trying to bring our self together i am not expecting you to utter some of this comments that is capable to disunite us.

I 9ja_i_hail as a member of electoral committee declare that Okija Juju apology is mean less and unacceptable.

Thanks.

Why am I not even surprised?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by MadCow1: 11:58pm On Oct 20, 2012
9ja_I_hail: Okija Juju your point has been noted and some of your points are totally unacceptable by me.You have made your speech and it's sound emotional yes it is, but i will like to tell you this categorically, as long as i am alive and participate in whatever igbos does on Nairaland or outside Nairaland you cannot lead any committee i belong, i promised to campaign against you.I said this because you have refused to recognize our passed Eze Ndigbo gburugburu in person of Ikemba Ojukwu,at the same time refused to be loyal to the incumbent eze ndigbi nairaland for this reason i will always stand against you in any election or campaign.You can't aspire to be a leader whereas you disrespect your formers leaders. I am not against you holding your hatred toward ikemba, but for you to have the audacity to come out publicly to re-emphasize your stands and disrespect towards Ojukwu and Onlytruth is out of order.How many yoruba's on this Nairaland can publicly admit to you that awolowo played a bad role during the Biafra war that made you disrespect ikemba to the extend you failed to understand that he is a human being just as you are and can make mistakes. At this time we Igbos are trying to bring our self together i am not expecting you to utter some of this comments that is capable to disunite us.

I 9ja_i_hail as a member of electoral committee declare that Okija Juju apology is mean less and unacceptable.

Thanks.

Your stance is duly noted by me and I respect it as well.

I don't expect my apologies to be acceted across board and I wasn't seeking acceptance with that speech, I simply to clarify certain points that may have been taken the way.

All the same, I wish you the best in presiding over matters that may arise from this election and pray you put aside sentiments in carrying out your duties..

And just for the records I have always recognised the Office of Onlytruth as the Eze Ndi Igbo 1 of Nairaland. He may have failed to do certain things while in office, but there is no disputing the fact that he led us well.

Thanks.

Ichie Alusi Okija.. Eze Mmuo of Nairaland

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by ChinenyeN(m): 11:59pm On Oct 20, 2012
ndu_chucks: As an observer, I must confess that your process is very far from being democratic, sorry to say. You people need to grow up and know when to put the interests of the people above childish ego based interests.

*nods*
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by PointB: 11:59pm On Oct 20, 2012
Okija_juju attempt to malign me, or hold the process to ransom by demanding my exit is well noted.

Before, I continue, let me clarify that there is no personal gain in writing the rules, conducting the nomination and the election. There is also no personal benefit derived by me in disqualifying Okija. Perhaps we should ask ourselves as Igbos, what is wrong with guidelines, that seeks to identify and encourage those who protect our interest, and perhaps expose those will bring us ridicules, and create discord, only so that they can laugh at their sick 'jest' about people from other states? Personally, I don't think I can respond positively to such individual, on an account of a long sly speech.

Since Okija_juju insist his continual participation in the process is incumbent upon my exit from the role I am currently undertaking, I'll suggest he wait until the electoral process is 'regularised and restructured' as he proposed bearing in mind that 'me tu fo, wu onye mege mege.'

In any case, since I have sent prayers to the Election Tribunal (who contrary to Okija_insinuation, were urged to assist on the basis of being the very first set of Igbo who showed interest in this thread), I will patiently await their answers.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by lateef4me(m): 12:07am On Oct 21, 2012
Viewing this topic: ndu_chucks, Lord Naya, tchidi(f), kunletiwoo(m), odumchi(m), berem(f), PointB, lateef4me, Mad Cow, 9ja_I_hail(m), ChinenyeN(m) and 2 guest

Odumchi,
Please we need your comment on this okija juju's controversy .
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Nobody: 12:08am On Oct 21, 2012
Mad Cow:

I don't expect my apologies to be acceted across board and I wasn't seeking acceptance with that speech, I simply to clarify certain points that may have been taken the way.

All the same, I wish you the best in presiding over matters that may arise from this election and pray you put aside sentiments in carrying out your duties..

And just for the records I have always recognised the Office of Onlytruth as the Eze Ndi Igbo 1 of Nairaland. He may have failed to do certain things while in office, but there is no disputing the fact that he led us well.

Thanks.

LMAO! Oh yeah! I guessed as much that MAD COW and OKIJA JUJU are the same person.the style of writing is very similar! Why did you have to reveal the mad cow identity?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by 9jaIhail(m): 12:10am On Oct 21, 2012
Mad Cow:

Thanks.

Dear sir madcow aka Okija Juju, With due respect i was on your side last night and was encouraging and advising you on how to resolve things, but with your out burst tonight and discrediting our passed and present leaders including honorable commissioner i am honestly speaking to you that you can't win your local govt in any election you participate due to your arrogance and continuous discrediting and down grading of our past leaders. Udo bro. though i still love you as my igbo bro but until you amend and retract those disrespectful utterances you made towards our leaders we can't get along easily.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by MadCow1: 12:10am On Oct 21, 2012
berem: LMAO! Oh yeah! I guessed as much that MAD COW and OKIJA JUJU are the same person.the style of writing is very similar! Why did you have to reveal the mad cow identity?

Lol

Okija has been banned again... grin
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by odumchi: 12:11am On Oct 21, 2012
Igbo bu Igbo ekele m unu niile o. Ndi echiri-echi no na izu anyi unu bia zara nke unu o. Umu nne m ji kedu ka unu niile mere?

Abughi m onye na-ekwukari okwu ogologo ya mee unu gbazietu nu m nti unu. Kemgbe e mehere threadi a anobe m na-enyo ya anya ka m nwe ike hu otu unu si eme. Ahula m na otutu ndi ife choro ka m puta ka e chie mu eze kama m ka na eche ya eche maka o bughi obere ihe.

Ihe ikpaazu m choro igwa unu bu na ka unu hapu ichughari okuko na akpa nku ka unu nwee ike weputa ihe mee ihe unu na-acho ime taa. Ihe ozo bu kwa ka unu hapu ilu ogu gburugburu maka onweghi ebe ihe ahu ga-eu anyi aga.

Ihe a niile bucha ndumodu m si m nye unu.

Ndeewo nu.

Here is the English for those who can't read Igbo:

My Igbo people, I great you all. Those of you in our presence who are titled men should answer your respective titles. My relations, how are you all?

I'm not a person of many words, therefore I ask you all to lend me your ears (or should I say eyes). Since this thread was opened, I have been observing how you guys are conducting this process. I've noticed that many people have expressed their desire for me to serve as the Eze, but I have been thinking this over and over because it isn't an easy task.

The last thing I want to say is this: you guys should avoid chasing chickens around firewood so that you can dedicate your efforts to the task at hand. Another thing is that you should avoid fighting unnecessarily because it's a waste of time/energy and it gets us nowhere.

This is the advice that I want to leave.

Thank you all.

5 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by PointB: 12:21am On Oct 21, 2012
berem: nne good nite!

Errm! Point B, I wanna just say something.Do you think it was ok for you guys to allow non igbos to nominate? Why I asked this is because,am not sure it is our custom in igbo for non igbos to also interfere in Ezeship contest.my maternal uncle was once an Eze ndi igbo in a local government in Lagos state before LASG stop recognizing such titles.and I know non igbos didn't participate in him being elected.
Don't you think its better for only igbos to nominate their candidates? "Just asking"

Berem,
The rule only permits Igbo and those who are clearly allies of Igbos. I took my time not to count nominations of those who are not qualified. But if you think there are some oversight kindly point them out so that I can correct them.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Nobody: 12:22am On Oct 21, 2012
ndu_chucks: Dis Okija get sense o, him don take Igbo sense turn the table chair, so to speak. Case closed cheesy

LMAO @ d image.....I don laugh tire!!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Nobody: 12:23am On Oct 21, 2012
Mad Cow:

Lol

Okija has been banned again... grin
gini ka imekwara ozo? Nna eh.... Ike gwuru! It is well my dear.I just hope things are sorted out amicably so that you can also contest.nothing do you!

"Yawns" am heading straight to bed.

Ka chi fo umu igbo!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by PointB: 12:28am On Oct 21, 2012
@9ja_I_hail,
I have noted your stance. I would like to hear from Ujchief and/or Afam to know where the decision of the Tribunal converges.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Nobody: 12:29am On Oct 21, 2012
PointB:

Berem,
The rule only permits Igbo and those who are clearly allies of Igbos. I took my time not to count nominations of those who are not qualified. But if you think there are some oversight kindly point them out so that I can correct them.
nsogbu adighi.since you have been doing that,I think its ok by me.
I hope you guys should try and sort out things with Okija Juju.a ma m na udiri okwu a bu okwu umu nwoke.umu nwanyi anaghi etighe onu maka ihe gbasara ndoro ndoro ochichi Eze.
Ka chi fo!

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by PointB: 12:35am On Oct 21, 2012
ebere1712: And after nominating a person like Okija_juju as candidate and his Yoruba friends help him by voting for him en-mass, who would be his followers? grin If you allow this to happen, you would destroy the office of eze Igbo OF nairaland. No sane Igbo person would listen to okija-juju. Even if he repents, he still can't command respect from any sane Igbo person. Just look at the pedigree of people that were the first to plead for his case. Okija_juju as candidate or even volunteer for any Igbo function, in physical or virtual space, is comical grin

My brother,
The bolded is what our Nomination Guidelines seek to prevent, and that is why Okija_juju want me out of the way, and the rules to be change! He doesn't want us to ask him questions of what we considered untoward behaviours to his kinsmen.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by LordNaya: 12:36am On Oct 21, 2012
@ Okija Juju your statement was emotional but baseless and idi.otic for having no regrets for all the abominable fallacies and lies you told against the GREAT GENERAL DIM CHUKWUEMEKA OJUKWU R.I.P on his dying bed, the day he died, and after his death. You are a heartless confussed man. If ur father and father-in-law fought with dignity on the side of Ojukwu and have no regrets for that, then u a disgrace and you need to ask who ur real parents are becos great men dont give births to sabotuers. It is ok to disagree with Dim Ojukwu but not to retract or have any regrets for your past insensitive statements & abuse is not just provocative but senseless and wicked. You dare not say these rubbish in Igbo youth gathering in the real world else you would live to regret it, that is if they dont kill you. Nnamdi Azikiwe house was attacked and vandalized by angry youth with his children narrowly escaping death in Onitsha because one of his sons said something against Biafra around 2006, talkless of the peoples general Odumegwu Ojukwu RIP. Since then Azikiwe's children always keep mute and avoid saying or behaving anyway that suggest anti-biafra. You dont deserve any Igbo leadership in the physical and in cyber space. Those crying 4 okija should cover their face in shame.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by 9jaIhail(m): 1:05am On Oct 21, 2012
Lord Naya: @ Okija Juju your statement was emotional but baseless and idi.otic for having no regrets for all the abominable fallacies and lies you told against the GREAT GENERAL DIM CHUKWUEMEKA OJUKWU R.I.P on his dying bed, the day he died, and after his death. You are a heartless confussed man. If ur father and father-in-law fought with dignity on the side of Ojukwu and have no regrets for that, then u a disgrace and you need to ask who ur real parents are becos great men dont give births to sabotuers. It is ok to disagree with Dim Ojukwu but not to retract or have any regrets for your past insensitive statements & abuse is not just provocative but senseless and wicked. You dare not say these rubbish in Igbo youth gathering in the real world else you would live to regret it, that is if they dont kill you. Nnamdi Azikiwe house was attacked and vandalized by angry youth with his children narrowly escaping death in Onitsha because one of his sons said something against Biafra around 2006, talkless of the peoples general Odumegwu Ojukwu RIP. Since then Azikiwe's children always keep mute and avoid saying or behaving anyway that suggest anti-biafra. You dont deserve any Igbo leadership in the physical and in cyber space. Those crying 4 okija should cover their face in shame.

My brother you have spoken well. Some people had already falling prey with the unholy speech of Okija Juju, but me 9JA_I_HAIL as a true son of his father no one can trick me.I am very fast to read between the lines. I maintain Okija Juju still irredeemable unless he publicly withdraw those unholy comments against our present and passed leaders. Signed and sealed.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by MrsChima(f): 1:11am On Oct 21, 2012
PointB:

If we had struck off his name, Mrs. Chima and co would have been up in arms shouting discrimination and all that.

Nomination should end in an hour or two.

Well...this Mrs Chima was told that she can nominate whomever she chooses to and she doesn't understand why people are being anal retentive over a nomination what you guys afraid that the vote will be taken away from your favorite Igbo

And you wonder why non-Igbo chatters mocking this thread.....the panel stated that they have a final decision to whom will be nominated and I left it alone. So why are we still shaking broken glasses

It is not a big deal to me .

Carry on.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by nduchucks: 1:13am On Oct 21, 2012
Here's my last piece of advice before I call it a night:

Those of you who are contesting for Ezeship, and other Igbos for that matter, need to understand that Igbos in NL are made up of people from diverse backgrounds and who were raised in Nigeria and abroad alike. Many of these Igbos, particularly those under 30years old and were born abroad, and cannot read Igbo. This issue does not make them any less Igbo than those who can read and write Igbo.

It would be in the best interest of ALL NL Igbos if you communicated in English, unless you prefer to continue to marginalize and sideline the youths, who must carry the touch, as the old coots among you pass the baton. Una good night o.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by 9jaIhail(m): 1:23am On Oct 21, 2012
ndu_chucks: Here's my last piece of advice before I call it a night:

Those of you who are contesting for Ezeship, and other Igbos for that matter, need to understand that Igbos in NL are made up of people from diverse backgrounds and who were raised in Nigeria and abroad alike. Many of these Igbos, particularly those under 30years old and were born abroad, and cannot read Igbo. This issue does not make them any less Igbo than those who can read and write Igbo.

It would be in the best interest of ALL NL Igbos if you communicated in English, unless you prefer to continue to marginalize and sideline the youths, who must carry the touch, as the old coots among you pass the baton. Una good night o.

Sir your observation is in order no objection but i will only make some corrections. What we are doing here is Eze Igbo,Sir i am sure you knows igbo language a little and you can understand what Eze means in igbo land. For the fact that Eze is what we are here for, igbo language is allowed. Those who do not understand can seek for interpretation as we all are our brothers keeper, non of us here will refuse to teach or translate any igbo written here to english for whomever that does not understand.

Sir i hope my answer is enough? if not others can help to address your case.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by nduchucks: 1:50am On Oct 21, 2012
Without providing details, Odumchi has earned my respect this early morning. Kudos.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by manny4life(m): 2:17am On Oct 21, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

Sir your observation is in order no objection but i will only make some corrections. What we are doing here is Eze Igbo,Sir i am sure you knows igbo language a little and you can understand what Eze means in igbo land. For the fact that Eze is what we are here for, igbo language is allowed. Those who do not understand can seek for interpretation as we all are our brothers keeper, non of us here will refuse to teach or translate any igbo written here to english for whomever that does not understand.

Sir i hope my answer is enough? if not others can help to address your case.

Though ndu_chuks makes a good observation, and it's somewhat been a burden to me. I'll be honest when I say this, I somewhat feel intimidated when you guys write Igbo, though I can translate almost what it's been said, but the writing part can be somewhat intimidating. Nonetheless, it's strengthening to know that you guys can look out for others. grin grin grin grin
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by abouzaid: 5:17am On Oct 21, 2012
The manifesto must be presented in igbo language only. Anybody that can't read and write fluently in igbo have no business being our eze. Onye ana rọ anụ igbo, afa ya bụ ndo, ife anyị gana ede ebe a bụ soso igbo. Ndị ntisa chọrọ iji nkwụgheri mebie ife anyị na eme ebe a. Manịvesto bụ soso igbo ka aga eji mee ya. Onye amaro asụ na edekwa igbo ekwesirọ ibu eze.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by crisngige(m): 6:36am On Oct 21, 2012
I endorse the courageous Dede1 as the next Onyendu Ndigbo of Nairaland.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Odunnu: 7:05am On Oct 21, 2012
What slap on my face! Okija is running for the Eze post and proudly says he cant write in Igbo language?
Na wa o.
Even if he cant write in Igbo, he shouldnt have mentioned it. The sweetness of Igbo language is the proverbs dropped strategically at some point in a true son's speech.
Bia, umunne m, Okija buru Eze, ara ga agba ndi ara na obodo a o. Gbado kwa nu anya.
Udodiri umu igbo
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 7:29am On Oct 21, 2012
Eze Onlytruth has done a good job so far and is due for a second term. He has my nomination and support.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by PointB: 7:35am On Oct 21, 2012
abouzaid: The manifesto must be presented in igbo language only. Anybody that can't read and write fluently in igbo have no business being our eze. Onye ana rọ anụ igbo, afa ya bụ ndo, ife anyị gana ede ebe a bụ soso igbo. Ndị ntisa chọrọ iji nkwụgheri mebie ife anyị na eme ebe a. Manịvesto bụ soso igbo ka aga eji mee ya. Onye amaro asụ na edekwa igbo ekwesirọ ibu eze.

The General Guideline did not say so. As a matter of fact, I think it makes perfect sense thay candidates who present their manifestos in Igbo must also translate it to english. It's important to carry as many Igbos as possible along.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by ujchief(m): 7:43am On Oct 21, 2012
PointB: @9ja_I_hail,
I have noted your stance. I would like to hear from Ujchief and/or Afam to know where the decision of the Tribunal converges.
i made my stance on the matter clear at the previous page.
I sugested that okija makes the plea to the tribunal himself and not u, the commisioner making the plea for him. I was generous enough to give him a 24hr frame.
Rather, he made a press release to capture the mind of the naive, thereby sealing his fate.
HE STANDS DISQUALIFIED!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 21, 2012
berem: what a waste of s.perm and ovum! Tsk tsk

Why are you sounding like a jellyfish!
With all your noise since on this thread..nobody even find you worthy enough for nomination as Eze Nwanyi. That says so much of how the male Igbos here hold you in esteem.

Ifyalways rarely talk but when she talks..you will understand why almost everyone is unanimous over her choice.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by ujchief(m): 8:00am On Oct 21, 2012
Now that the case is settled, can we move forward to the next item. . .that should be acceptance/rejection of nominations by the nominees.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (56) (Reply)

DSS Reacts As IPOB Members Kill Two Officers, Reveals Next Move / Picture Of Gov Okorocha Demanding The Release Of Voters Held Illegally / Goodluck Jonathan Reacts To Fulani Herdsmen Killings, replies El-rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.