Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,150 members, 7,821,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? (14811 Views)

Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? / If U Could Take Just One Thing To Heaven, What Would It Be? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by mumumugu(m): 12:23pm On Oct 18, 2012
FAITH + WORKS = SALVATION

FAITH ALONE = HYPOCRITY

WORKS ALONE = condemnation.

Answer = no

1 Like

Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by idugbe(m): 1:59pm On Oct 18, 2012
NO!!!
Making heaven is not a function of 'GOOD WORKS' but it is a function of being righteous and living right. Righteousness is having a right standing with God by believing and accepting Christ's sacrifice on the cross.....you may also want to ask : Can the devil be forgiven if he decides to repent?
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by tevinsolt: 2:03pm On Oct 18, 2012
umm i believe atheists do not believe in God how much more heaven?.... when so many evidence point's to the existence of God......my answer is no one is completely good, our best is like filthy rags before God, if you spend your own life running away from him and not loving him the best place for you after death logically is a place of eternal separation from him since that's what you've always wanted if you think about it.
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by Gonzaga1010(m): 2:09pm On Oct 18, 2012
Its possible them 2 make haven
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by redsun(m): 2:10pm On Oct 18, 2012
Atheist are the ones in heaven because they are the ones that knows how to live the only life they have. Ur imaginary heaven is for losers who lives fo.olishly and hellishly on earth with the wharped hope that there is an imaginary heaven for them when they become manures-dust.
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by crackhouse(m): 2:14pm On Oct 18, 2012
Logicboy03: Heaven doesnt exist.

But then christians would have to admit that atheists go to heaven even if it existed. Why? The good Samaritan.
my dear u suck. i hate to see u again
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by gbadexy(m): 2:15pm On Oct 18, 2012
I guess God would decide.
Its important to believe in God, but God knows man's mind.
The confusion in the bible is responsible for most of the atheist population.
I read some comments on a religious sites about the contradictions in the book.
All in all , I don't really believe there is a full atheist, maybe they don't believe in the organized religion but not in a creator.
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by Callotti: 2:15pm On Oct 18, 2012
Please, rephrase. kiss
Does an Atheist(good or bad) care about the concept of heaven?
To mix with Christians like the spiritual - 'elves' we encounter on and off NL?
You have got to be kidding!

FULL/HALF/SEMI/DEMI/QUARTER Atheist or sub-zero temperamental Atheist. . . .HE OR SHE DOES NOT GIVE A PHOCK ABOUT HEAVEN. . . .
Let Christians assume their rightful inheritances.
I for one, would choose HELL FIRE. . .FIRST! kiss

1 Like

Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 18, 2012
crackhouse: my dear u suck. i hate to see u again

Crack addict says what?

Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by DoctorMcgruff: 2:15pm On Oct 18, 2012
You must be one dumbass of an athiest to ask this stupid question....either that or your a troll
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by Areaboy2(m): 2:16pm On Oct 18, 2012
mumumugu: FAITH + WORKS = SALVATION

FAITH ALONE = HYPOCRITY

WORKS ALONE = condemnation.

Answer = no

Faith Alone = Gal 2:16

Works Alone = Matt 19:17

Christians will always claim right without even reading their damn bible!!!

Maybe it is necessary for us to define which heaven (Judaism, Islam, Christian) are we talking about before we decide if someone who deosnt believe in it can actually go there or not grin
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by Afam4eva(m): 2:19pm On Oct 18, 2012
saintvc: I have heard of good atheist who are honest, kind, caring,charitable etc. They give freely than most christians .

Their only shortcoming is non belief in God's existence.

Dont u think they can make heaven?
You have heard? Are you saying that because someone is an Atheist, the person is automatically a bad person?

1 Like

Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by Psylas(m): 2:20pm On Oct 18, 2012
italo:

Without religion, why would murder be evil?
who told u murder is evil in islam?
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by busayobrig: 2:23pm On Oct 18, 2012
Ask God in prayers.
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by candieangel12(f): 2:25pm On Oct 18, 2012
This topic is interesting. I am not atheist, I believe there is a higher being, but I dont take the bible serious as it contradicts itself on many occasions, I think its more of a fable created by man so as to guide us morally in doing what is right. I was raised strictly catholic but I don't go 2 church anymore because I don't see the use in it. The church is a propaganda, why are there are so many different branches of christianity but only one God. Ppl go to church and read d bible religiously but yet they are not any better than atheists. I chose to live a good life, not because of religion but because I know its the right thing to do. God doesn't need to tell you stealing is bad or murdering is bad, if you have common sense then you should already know that those are bad.
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by LordBabs(m): 2:29pm On Oct 18, 2012
What heaven? The supposed cradle of quality inequality?
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by mallorca(m): 2:32pm On Oct 18, 2012
No
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by means(m): 2:34pm On Oct 18, 2012
Religion and delusion. Why not live and enjoy the best you can in this life first before worry about lifeafter. I tell you, so many people are living in heaven already and wont want to share the religious heaven with some of you guys. Heaven may have no class! My take: Live the life while you can. Touch lives. No one has died and come back with proof to tell us how heaven or hell looks like.
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by candieangel12(f): 2:35pm On Oct 18, 2012
All the people saying no, who are you to decide? Shebi, no be God wey go make the last judgement?
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by tempex88(m): 2:35pm On Oct 18, 2012
Ask God..... but from my little knowledge, answer is NO!!!
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by Shaw007(m): 2:36pm On Oct 18, 2012
Word of advice---Don't take any chances,if heaveN does not exist In d end,what do u have To Lose??

So do u atheists bliv u have a soul or Not?? Or a spirit perhaps,b4 u bring science in2 d picture,educate urself On astral projection and get back to me. . .accepted u don't bliv in God,try your Own spirit,or u just think that The whole you are ur head,torso and limbs? When you die where does your spirit go?? Does it just stick around and watch the Life u left beHind for eternity??

1 Like

Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by LordBabs(m): 2:36pm On Oct 18, 2012
What heaven? The supposed cradle of quality inequality, where the God-head is higher than the Elders, and the Elders higher than the Angels, and the Elders and the Angels all sycophantically rallying around the God-head in praise of his corrupt imperial design? What a horrible heaven!
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by supereagle(m): 2:36pm On Oct 18, 2012
saintvc: I have heard of good atheist who are honest, kind, caring,charitable etc. They give freely than most christians .

Their only shortcoming is non belief in God's existence.

Dont u think they can make heaven?

John3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by Les: 2:41pm On Oct 18, 2012
cyrexx:

@bolded

so your yahweh is such a puny god that he can be persecuted.
na wa o for very big god o.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
the things of God is foolishness to those that reason wit their senses and not wit their spirit. Op, wat do you mean by atheist? Do you think it's only born again christians that make heaven? Good ppl from other religions can. It's ol d matter of bein good and possessing good qualities, forgiving and humble, caring and loving etc. Source- God's explanation to the statement "the just shall live by faith alone "
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by pak: 2:43pm On Oct 18, 2012
Logicboy03:

Jesus tells us about the good samaritan and heaven

Behold, a certain lawyer stood up and tested him, saying, "Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?"

He said to him, "What is written in the law? How do you read it?"

He answered, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind [Deuteronomy 6:5]; and your neighbour as yourself [Leviticus 19:18]."

He said to him, "You have answered correctly. Do this, and you will live."

But he, desiring to justify himself, asked Jesus, "Who is my neighbour?"

— Luke 10:25–29, World English Bible

Jesus replies with a story:
Jesus answered, "A certain man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and he fell among robbers, who both stripped him and beat him, and departed, leaving him half dead. By chance a certain priest was going down that way. When he saw him, he passed by on the other side. In the same way a Levite also, when he came to the place, and saw him, passed by on the other side. But a certain Samaritan, as he travelled, came where he was. When he saw him, he was moved with compassion, came to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. He set him on his own animal, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him. On the next day, when he departed, he took out two denarii, and gave them to the host, and said to him, 'Take care of him. Whatever you spend beyond that, I will repay you when I return.' Now which of these three do you think seemed to be a neighbour to him who fell among the robbers?"

He said, "He who showed mercy on him."

Then Jesus said to him, "Go and do."

— Luke 10:30–37, World English Bible

@LogicBoy
Though you sound very much atheist but could you believe that God just used you to bless me with this passage above ?
No wonder Jesus says learn from the fig tree, how much more logicboy cheesy
I just understood it in a new way.
Jesus actually implied that the Samaritan was an example of someone who deserved eternal life for showing love to his neighbour. God bless you brother. I pray more anointing upon you wink and may you one day have the 'way to Damascus experience'.

I believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ but very open minded about it.
I don't think it is in my place to judge the experiences of other people. I can't determine who is in Hell or Heaven or who will be going there or not.

And by the way, Logicboy, Reyginus was right.
The samaritans were actually a mixed race who practiced a form of syncretism of Judaism and the paganism of the nations they inter married with
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by Obinoscopy(m): 2:43pm On Oct 18, 2012
Guys judge not lest ye be judged.

@OP, its only God that can answer that question.
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by LordBabs(m): 2:45pm On Oct 18, 2012
Logicboy03:
. . .was Jesus then foolish to use a Samariatan in the parable rather than a believing Jew?
he definitely must be foolish for the unholy analogy!
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by omiobo: 2:48pm On Oct 18, 2012
The question should be,can a fool make heaven?
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by manny4life(m): 2:50pm On Oct 18, 2012
supereagle:

John3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God

In addition to that, 3:16 says,

For God loved the world, he gave his ONLY son, that WHOEVER "[size=20pt]BELIEVES[/size]" in him WILL NOT PERISH, BUT have everlasting life.

@Logicboy, Samaritan or not, good deeds are good, BUT the keyword is "BELIEVE", if you do not believe in God, how can you make heaven?
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by 2nedo(m): 2:58pm On Oct 18, 2012
Logicboy03:

Yawn. Why do you NL christians lie when you have been intellectually debunked?

@Logicboy,i got only 1 question 4 u.wot is ur bliev on how human come into existence?
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by nativedoctor(m): 2:59pm On Oct 18, 2012
on an atheist's tombstone: HERE LIES AN ATHEIST, ALL DRESSED UP AND NOWHERE TO GO.[color=#000000][/color]
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by LordBabs(m): 3:00pm On Oct 18, 2012
ijawkid: Atheists can't be among the chosen ones who"ll go to heaven...that privilege of going to heaven is meant solely for those who have taking in knowledge of Yahweh and his son whom(Yahweh) he sent......
so, if I were born by atheistic parents, in a largely atheistic community, where I grew up to know that heaven only means sky, and not farther, and I eventually died believing so, I would go to hell? Is your wicked god so evil, to the extent of convicting an innocent person? Couldn't he, by virtue of his supposed omnipotence & omnipresence make me believe otherwise? Oh! He expects me to just use my 'common' sense to believe he & heaven exist? It then consequently means that the truth of your god's existence could be known via COMMON SENSE? And now that my common sense tells me god & heaven are invalid, I would be doomed in some hell? What the heck!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome / Only A Fool Says There Is No God. / Who Knows About White-garment Churches?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.