Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,148 members, 7,821,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? (14810 Views)

Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? / If U Could Take Just One Thing To Heaven, What Would It Be? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 18, 2012
pak:

@LogicBoy
Though you sound very much atheist but could you believe that God just used you to bless me with this passage above ?
No wonder Jesus says learn from the fig tree, how much more logicboy cheesy
I just understood it in a new way.
Jesus actually implied that the Samaritan was an example of someone who deserved eternal life for showing love to his neighbour. God bless you brother. I pray more anointing upon you wink and may you one day have the 'way to Damascus experience'.

I believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ but very open minded about it.
I don't think it is in my place to judge the experiences of other people. I can't determine who is in Hell or Heaven or who will be going there or not.

And by the way, Logicboy, Reyginus was right.
The samaritans were actually a mixed race who practiced a form of syncretism of Judaism and the paganism of the nations they inter married with

Thank you

1) I'm an atheist

2) The Samaritans practiced Samaritarianism a different Abrahamic from Judaism
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 18, 2012
2nedo: @Logicboy,i got only 1 question 4 u.wot is ur bliev on how human come into existence?

Honest answer.

I dont know. All I know is what the science says.

Humans evolved from a common ancestor with monkeys.

All life came from unicellular organism
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by simon2x1: 3:04pm On Oct 18, 2012
Atheist can not and never make heaven except he get born again. JOHN 3:3 JESUS ANSWERED AND SAID UNTO HIM, VERILY, VERILY, I SAY UNTO THEE, EXCEPT A MAN BE BORN AGAIN, HE CANNOT SEE THE KINGDOM OF GOD.

@logicboy03 u only come to this forum to defend atheist, all your comment as no wisdom u r like a man that want to use calculator to solve what happen to a mad man on the street.

Listen before we where told about oxygen it has been in existence just because u know what oxygen is today does not mean the oxygen just got there my point whether u believe there is God or not he is there your believe do not change anything. PSALMS 14:1 THE FOOL HATH SAID IN HIS HEART, THERE IS NO GOD. THEY ARE CORRUPT, THEY HAVE DONE ABOMINABLE WORKS, THERE IS NONE THAT DOETH GOOD.

Let me tell u his either u r on the left or right, up or down, with God or the devil. God give people choice to be with he or not but the Devil don't if u r not with God that will guide u again the devil than u r of the devil whether u a good Samaritan or not, go man or not.

the funny thing is people think the devil is resting NO is always looking for who to devour 247 till d world end so be wise all u atheist confess the lordship of christ today n be save n secure this life is WAR btw good n evil be wise u say there is no God that is what the devil want u to be saying so to cut people away from God once again be wise.
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by MadCow1: 3:05pm On Oct 18, 2012
@ Topic: YES
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by virginvampire(m): 3:06pm On Oct 18, 2012
How can they go to heaven?if u don't believe there is God....then u also say there is no heaven...so ow do u go to a place that dosent exist to u
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by dack7(m): 3:06pm On Oct 18, 2012
u're really an illiterate in God's Word,letz wait and see if u'll not land in hell.
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Oct 18, 2012
candieangel12: All the people saying no, who are you to decide? Shebi, no be God wey go make the last judgement?
how is it possible? Let's discuss.
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by maclatunji: 3:09pm On Oct 18, 2012
Can you be "good" without being submissive to God? Denying God's existence is the highest evil anyone can do. Hence, any good an atheist does is quite useless unless he/she stops being one.

The topic of this thread is based on the assumption that there is a universal definition of "goodness".

I ask: What is "goodness"? Can anybody give me a universally acceptable definition?
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 18, 2012
Obinoscopy: Guys judge not lest ye be judged.

@OP, its only God that can answer that question.
It's also only God that can tell if murder is a sin.
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 18, 2012
simon2x1: Atheist can not and never make heaven except he get born again. JOHN 3:3 JESUS ANSWERED AND SAID UNTO HIM, VERILY, VERILY, I SAY UNTO THEE, EXCEPT A MAN BE BORN AGAIN, HE CANNOT SEE THE KINGDOM OF GOD.

@logicboy03 u only come to this forum to defend atheist, all your comment as no wisdom u r like a man that want to use calculator to solve what happen to a mad man on the street.

Listen before we where told about oxygen it has been in existence just because u know what oxygen is today does not mean the oxygen just got there my point whether u believe there is God or not he is there your believe do not change anything. PSALMS 14:1 THE FOOL HATH SAID IN HIS HEART, THERE IS NO GOD. THEY ARE CORRUPT, THEY HAVE DONE ABOMINABLE WORKS, THERE IS NONE THAT DOETH GOOD.

Let me tell u his either u r on the left or right, up or down, with God or the devil. God give people choice to be with he or not but the Devil don't if u r not with God that will guide u again the devil than u r of the devil whether u a good Samaritan or not, go man or not.

the funny thing is people think the devil is resting NO is always looking for who to devour 247 till d world end so be wise all u atheist confess the lordship of christ today n be save n secure this life is WAR btw good n evil be wise u say there is no God that is what the devil want u to be saying so to cut people away from God once again be wise.

First of all, I don believe in your God or heaven, so you cant threaten me with hell. wink

Also, for you to say that those that dont believe in God are all fools and evil, you should look at the computer/tablet/phone that you are using.

Apple/Iphone- Steve Jobs- Zen Buddhist. Doesnt have a personal god

Microsoft- Bill Gates- Atheist/agnostic. Doesnt believe in god

Electronics- Japan- 64% dont believe in god

Electronic- China/South Korea- majority dont believe in god

Nigeria- 98% believe in god. number 1 in corruption.

1 Like

Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by candieangel12(f): 3:12pm On Oct 18, 2012
Reyginus: how is it possible? Let's discuss.

How is what possible? I thought you christians say that God has the final judgement
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by Policewoman(f): 3:15pm On Oct 18, 2012
saintvc: I have heard of good atheist who are honest, kind, caring,charitable etc. They give freely than most christians .

Their only shortcoming is non belief in God's existence.

Dont u think they can make heaven?
I'm afraid not. The bible said only a fool saith in his heart that there is no God. Unless of course by some miracle, God grants him mercy and lets him repent before he passes away.
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by maclatunji: 3:16pm On Oct 18, 2012
Logicboy03:

First of all, I don believe in your God or heaven, so you cant threaten me with hell. wink

Also, for you to say that those that dont believe in God are all fools and evil, you should look at the computer/tablet/phone that you are using.

Apple/Iphone- Steve Jobs- Zen Buddhist. Doesnt have a personal god

Microsoft- Bill Gates- Atheist/agnostic. Doesnt believe in god

Electronics- Japan- 64% dont believe in god

Electronic- China/South Korea- majority dont believe in god

Nigeria- 98% believe in god. number 1 in corruption.

So what is your point?

Lionel Messi believes in God. How does that change the topic at hand? It is quite ironic that whilst you seek to deny God, you look to your fellow human beings for validation. How low can you get?

2 Likes

Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by mumumugu(m): 3:17pm On Oct 18, 2012
After death

muslim go dey fuuuck virgen
xtian go de heaven

where atheist go go?

1 Like

Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 18, 2012
maclatunji: Can you be "good" without being submissive to God? Denying God's existence is the highest evil anyone can do. Hence, any good an atheist does is quite useless unless he/she stops being one.

The topic of this thread is based on the assumption that there is a universal definition of "goodness".

I ask: What is "goodness"? Can anybody give me a universally acceptable definition?
Yes, you can. Goodness is virtue. It is based on morality. But morality is not the criteria to make heaven.
The fact is, even the question is self contradicting.
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by BossTtdiamonds(m): 3:17pm On Oct 18, 2012
To all ya'll atheist arguin' about the existence of God and heaven.. My answer is does the absence of evidence proove the evidence of absence?
Plus @Poster.. the good book does state that " I will have mercy unto who I will have mercy upon".. King Solomon in the good book did worship Idols, did he or not make heaven, only God knows.
So the answer to your question is based on a complexity you cannot fathom. The same complexity that unfolds in the eyes of all atheist as to their logical findings on whether God exist or not which in their way does not include using the good book (The Bible) as a guide which is a neccesity.
You cannot attempt to solve calculus without enough examples and guides from your text books and instructors. You'll only get confused as you have no idea as to what your doing and it will looks much more complex the more you try to solve. And in the end you'll be so confused you wont believe a final answer does exist because you've failed to use your giude which implies your textbooks and your instructors in the proposed subject without regard to whether you have an extended knowledge in other subjects of study using Philosophy or Sociology as an example in this case.
In the same way you cannot attempt to know or believe in the existence of God without your textbook which in this case is your Bible and instructors which in this case 'lld be the ( Holy Spirit, Preeceding Pastor ) or other beings that constitute teaching and making you understand the contents of the Good book.
This is my assertion.
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by LordBabs(m): 3:19pm On Oct 18, 2012
tobechi20: I think good atheist wil make heaven if and only if they dönt insult God . You cant insult God and stil be together with him.

Atheist, to make heaven, be good. But dont insult God
your god is a quack! A simpleton! A mirage! A cretin! A nitwit! A schmuck! I can continue if you want. Is your god(if ever anything of such exists) not insulting my intelligent personality, by sending fellow mortals(who are even oftentimes silly and dippy) to convince a mortal of his existence...what is the legitimacy of such emissaries? What is the legitimacy of christianity or islam & others, for an intelligent body like me to now acquiesce to them? Whatever makes you a legitimate god-sender, also makes me a legitimate god-hater, you and I being men.
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 18, 2012
candieangel12:

How is what possible? I thought you christians say that God has the final judgement
How it is possible to leave a glaring fact based on doctrine, in the middle?
To start with, what do you believe in?
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by maclatunji: 3:23pm On Oct 18, 2012
Reyginus: Yes, you can. Goodness is virtue. It is based on morality.

You might as well say Goodness is Gala. tongue

#Olodothings
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by LordBabs(m): 3:24pm On Oct 18, 2012
tevinsolt: umm i believe atheists do not believe in God how much more heaven?.... when so many evidence point's to the existence of God......
oya, start listing the evidence...
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by maclatunji: 3:26pm On Oct 18, 2012
Reyginus: Yes, you can. Goodness is virtue. It is based on morality. But morality is not the criteria to make heaven.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I guess immorality is the way then? You guys are just poor thinkers. Asking a million questions doesn't mean you are smart (which is what you Atheists do all the time}. I have only asked one question, see how you are disgracing yourself from all angles.
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 18, 2012
maclatunji:

You might as well say Goodness is Gala. tongue

#Olodothings
what do you think is virtue?
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by candieangel12(f): 3:26pm On Oct 18, 2012
Reyginus: How it is possible to leave a glaring fact based on doctrine, in the middle?
To start with, what do you believe in?

I believe in goodness, in doing what is right. I believe in following my conscience. Do I believe that there might be a higher being? Maybe. Are there any evidences for God? No because all the "evidence" so far are man made and contradict themselves. I don't pray, read the bible, or go 2 church...all of those are a propaganda. I believe one should live their life the best way possible.
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Oct 18, 2012
Boss Ttdiamonds: To all ya'll atheist arguin' about the existence of God and heaven.. My answer is does the absence of evidence proove the evidence of absence?
Plus @Poster.. the good book does state that " I will have mercy unto who I will have mercy upon".. King Solomon in the good book did worship Idols, did he or not make heaven, only God knows.
So the answer to your question is based on a complexity you cannot fathom. The same complexity that unfolds in the eyes of all atheist as to their logical findings on whether God exist or not which in their way does not include using the good book (The Bible) as a guide which is a neccesity.
You cannot attempt to solve calculus without enough examples and guides from your text books and instructors. You'll only get confused as you have no idea as to what your doing and it will looks much more complex the more you try to solve. And in the end you'll be so confused you wont believe a final answer does exist because you've failed to use your giude which implies your textbooks and your instructors in the proposed subject without regard to whether you have an extended knowledge in other subjects of study using Philosophy or Sociology as an example in this case.
In the same way you cannot attempt to know or believe in the existence of God without your textbook which in this case is your Bible and instructors which in this case 'lld be the ( Holy Spirit, Preeceding Pastor ) or other beings that constitute teaching and making you understand the contents of the Good book.
This is my assertion.

load of BS!

You will find that there are many atheists that were christians before.
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by Candybob(m): 3:27pm On Oct 18, 2012
I find the question questionable? Why should one believe in 'Heaven' when one believes there is no God :-/
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by LordBabs(m): 3:27pm On Oct 18, 2012
DoctorMcgruff: You must be one dumbass of an athiest to ask this stupid question....either that or your a troll
and you too will say you're going to heaven o, upon this your unheavenly foul-tongue!
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by larrymoore(m): 3:27pm On Oct 18, 2012
There exists both heaven and hell, You decide which is ur favourite!
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by redsun(m): 3:29pm On Oct 18, 2012
Lord Babs: your god is a quack! A simpleton! A mirage! A cretin! A nitwit! A schmuck! I can continue if you want. Is your god(if ever anything of such exists) not insulting my intelligent personality, by sending fellow mortals(who are even oftentimes silly and dippy) to convince a mortal of his existence...what is the legitimacy of such emissaries? What is the legitimacy of christianity or islam & others, for an intelligent body like me to now acquiesce to them? Whatever makes you a legitimate god-sender, also makes me a legitimate god-hater, you and I being men.

This guy sounds alike sagamite.
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 18, 2012
maclatunji:

So what is your point?

Lionel Messi believes in God. How does that change the topic at hand? It is quite ironic that whilst you seek to deny God, you look to your fellow human beings for validation. How low can you get?

He said atheists are evil and I gave him a list of people that he cant call evil or else, he would be a hypocrite.

That was the point.

As a conservative muslim, you might be too brainwashed to understand since you believe that islam is the truth
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 18, 2012
maclatunji:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I guess immorality is the way then? You guys are just poor thinkers. Asking a million questions doesn't mean you are smart (which is what you Atheists do all the time}. I have only asked one question, see how you are disgracing yourself from all angles.
I thought you've finally learnt how to think. I was wrong. I will still help you.
If morality is the criteria for heaven, many atheists and freethinkers will make it.
Hope you are not confusing it with something else?
What is morality?
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by LordBabs(m): 3:30pm On Oct 18, 2012
Shaw007: Word of advice---Don't take any chances,if heaveN does not exist In d end,what do u have To Lose??
intellectual idleness and cowardice!
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by Policewoman(f): 3:33pm On Oct 18, 2012
Lord Babs: your god is a quack! A simpleton! A mirage! A cretin! A nitwit! A schmuck! I can continue if you want. Is your god(if ever anything of such exists) not insulting my intelligent personality, by sending fellow mortals(who are even oftentimes silly and dippy) to convince a mortal of his existence...what is the legitimacy of such emissaries? What is the legitimacy of christianity or islam & others, for an intelligent body like me to now acquiesce to them? Whatever makes you a legitimate god-sender, also makes me a legitimate god-hater, you and I being men.
I only pray that Gos forgives your outbursts as coming out of ignorance. I also pray that someday God will make you believe. Man is not just made up of the physical body we see. He also has a soul and a spirit (God's image). When a human being dies, his body goes back to d dust whence from it came, his spirit returns to God the creator, and his soul goes to either Heaven or Hell depending on what he or she did while on earth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome / Only A Fool Says There Is No God. / Who Knows About White-garment Churches?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.