Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,320 members, 7,850,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:12 PM

What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? (10450 Views)

When You Think That God Called You Into The Ministry But... (pic) / How Do I Know God Called Me / A Man Of God Called Rain Down During A Crusade. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 23, 2012
abubello:

I asked two questions instead of responding to them you are asking me another question!

grin grin

Sorry for debunking your claims
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 23, 2012
Sweetnecta: @reyginus: do you know what it means to be obedience? reciting Quran in the language it was revealed, recited by the one who it was revealed to [as], recited by his companions [ra] in that language and the chain has not been broken since, including the styles of recitation is obedience.

there is always reward in obedience and it is the other side of disobedience that could result in punishment, at least rejection of said action.

listen to this recitation. per chance it may affect your heart:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpJj0EUithQ
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 23, 2012
Sweetnecta: @reyginus: do you know what it means to be obedience? reciting Quran in the language it was revealed, recited by the one who it was revealed to [as], recited by his companions [ra] in that language and the chain has not been broken since, including the styles of recitation is obedience.

there is always reward in obedience and it is the other side of disobedience that could result in punishment, at least rejection of said action.

listen to this recitation. per chance it may affect your heart:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpJj0EUithQ
You didnt answer my question.
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Oct 23, 2012
maclatunji:

Simple, other Prophets were sent to a particular nation. Muhammad(SAW)was sent to the entire world. It is on record that he sent letters to major leaders of the ancient world asking that they and their subjects become Muslims after letting them know what the basics of Islam are. Arabic would naturally be the lingua franca in such a united nation of people globally who have submitted to the will of God. I hope this is not too difficult for you to understand. If God had chosen Muhammad (SAW) to be Yoruba and revealed the Qur'an in Yoruba, it would be the official language of Muslims. There is no biggie in this.
Religion is different from colonization. I think since He was sent to the whole world the koran would have been in every language. Dont you think so.
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by maclatunji: 8:08pm On Oct 23, 2012
Simple response. Later you will say you have the most open mind. How does learning a new language translate to colonisation. Islam is unique, I can go into any mosque in the world and make the call to prayer in Arabic and it would be perfectly understood. Between what we have in Islam and what you propose, which is more efficient and easy to implement? Have you learnt of the tower of Babel? It's being a long time but your attempt at continuing the debate for debate sake is defeated by that story. Those building that tower had the same objective but what happened when their languages got mixed?
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 23, 2012
maclatunji: Simple response. Later you will say you have the most open mind. How does learning a new language translate to colonisation. Islam is unique, I can go into any mosque in the world and make the call to prayer in Arabic and it would be perfectly understood. Between what we have in Islam and what you propose, which is more efficient and easy to implement? Have you learnt of the tower of Babel? It's being a long time but your attempt at continuing the debate for debate sake is defeated by that story. Those building that tower had the same objective but what happened when their languages got mixed?

Guy, the tower of babel is a myth that doesnt even make sense.

God was afraid that men could build a tower up to heaven? Wouldnt they die of oxygen before reaching out of earth?
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Oct 23, 2012
maclatunji: Simple response. Later you will say you have the most open mind. How does learning a new language translate to colonisation. Islam is unique, I can go into any mosque in the world and make the call to prayer in Arabic and it would be perfectly understood. Between what we have in Islam and what you propose, which is more efficient and easy to implement? Have you learnt of the tower of Babel? It's being a long time but your attempt at continuing the debate for debate sake is defeated by that story. Those building that tower had the same objective but what happened when their languages got mixed?
I never related it with colonization. You did.
You dont get me. I dont have a problem with the answer you gave, my problem is with the problems that emanates from it.
How can I be converted to the Islamic faith if I cant relate with this binding language?
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by maclatunji: 12:05am On Oct 24, 2012
Logicboy03:

Guy, the tower of babel is a myth that doesnt even make sense.

God was afraid that men could build a tower up to heaven? Wouldnt they die of oxygen before reaching out of earth?

Let me see things from your perspective. However, have you heard of moral instruction? Pick the moral of the story, people speaking different tongues will find it difficult to complete a project unless they adopt a lingua franca.

I agree that the presentation of the story in the Bible isn't exactly the best but the moral is quite clear for my purposes on this thread. You seek to show knowledge, I say apply wisdom.

God obviously cannot be afraid of his creatures. By the way, Moses' Pharaoh also had a similar project commissioned. Unfortunately, I don't know how well that turned out.
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 24, 2012
maclatunji:

Let me see things from your perspective. However, have you heard of moral instruction? Pick the moral of the story, people speaking different tongues will find it difficult to complete a project unless they adopt a lingua franca.

I agree that the presentation of the story in the Bible isn't exactly the best but the moral is quite clear for my purposes on this thread. You seek to show knowledge, I say apply wisdom.

God obviously cannot be afraid of his creatures. By the way, Moses' Pharaoh also had a similar project commissioned. Unfortunately, I don't know how well that turned out.

lol.....I give up sad
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 27, 2012
maclatunji:

This would actually be true if the Qur'an simply adopted what Jews said about their Prophets such as Solomon coveted another man's wife! Heck no, David (AS) did no such thing... He his highly respected by we Muslims as well as all the other prophets.

and the historical basis for rejecting the jewish account of solomon and David in favor of the islamic account is? undecided

I mean i find it incredibly funny that arabs are the ones who think they know far more about jewish kings than the jews know.

maclatunji:
In addition, there are references to other people that Jews never mentioned in the Qur'an such as Khidr who was a teacher to Moses and Luqman the wise.

this again is quite odd. The quran mentions a teacher to Moses that the jews whom Moses led for 40 yrs forgot about completely? And the quran's source for this is?

maclatunji:
Christians say Jesus (AS) first miracle was that he turned water to wine, we Muslims reject this. If you say we have "appropriated" Jesus (AS). Tell us what we Muslims say is Jesus' (AS) first miracle that matches Jewish sources.

on the basis of? So we should through away the Jewish sources about a man who lived as a jew and among jews for 33 yrs in favor of the arabian account?

maclatunji:
There are other things involved here. Not only must you submit to God's will, you must not associate partners with God no matter how small you think it is. Ifa Priests see Ifa as a gateway to Eledumare. That's polytheism. Islam does not tolerate several gods or lesser gods that polytheists believe guide them to God. Read this again https://www.nairaland.com/1080985/what-did-not-know-islam#12646000

that's not true. Ifa priests see Ifa as their sole god. They do not associate a partner with ifa so are they muslims now?

maclatunji:
Then again, you must accept the message of the current Prophet of your time. It would be futile for an ethnic Jew to claim to follow Moses (AS) during the lifetime of Jesus (AS) just as it is futile to claim monotheism and submission to God without accepting the message of Prophet Muhammad (SAW)at this time. God makes the changes and it is part of submission to him that we comply. #Simple

mohammad died over 1000 yrs ago. How is he still the "current prophet of our time"? Its just as futile as you saying an ethnic jew should not claim to follow Moses during the LIFETIME of Jesus. Are we in the LIFETIME of mohammad?

Or are you just confused?
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by maclatunji: 6:10pm On Oct 27, 2012
^ On the contrary, you lack understanding. After the demise of Jesus (AS) his teachings became effective until the emergence of Muhammad (SAW). After him, there is no other Prophet, we all live under his era even if he is dead. We shall be judged based on whether or not we accept his teachings. You are just repeating the basic responses of most non-Muslims. Ask questions and then reject the answers.

You are always free to do that. Ours is to inform not to place belief in your hearts.
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by mazaje(m): 6:23pm On Oct 27, 2012
maclatunji: ^ On the contrary, you lack understanding. After the demise of Jesus (AS) his teachings became effective until the emergence of Muhammad (SAW). After him, there is no other Prophet, we all live under his era even if he is dead. We shall be judged based on whether or not we accept his teachings. You are just repeating the basic responses of most non-Muslims. Ask questions and then reject the answers.

You are always free to do that. Ours is to inform not to place belief in your hearts.

False there are so many prohets after Mohammed. . .Joseph Smith the founder of the Mormon religion is one. . .There are so many others. . . .
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Oct 27, 2012
maclatunji: ^ On the contrary, you lack understanding. After the demise of Jesus (AS) his teachings became effective until the emergence of Muhammad (SAW). After him, there is no other Prophet, we all live under his era even if he is dead. We shall be judged based on whether or not we accept his teachings. You are just repeating the basic responses of most non-Muslims. Ask questions and then reject the answers.

Jesus was never a muslim. This has been proven to you countless times. Jesus was a jew who lived with Jews and quoted Jewish scriptures!

Your definition of "muslim" is a disingenuous one done to cover up the facts. How can you say that muslim is one who submits to God?

Which god? The monotheistic Zoroastrain God?

Seriously, just confess that your religion makes no sense when it tries to surpass religions that it borrowed from
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by mazaje(m): 6:35pm On Oct 27, 2012
Logicboy03:

Jesus was never a muslim. This has been proven to you countless times. Jesus was a jew who lived with Jews and quoted Jewish scriptures!

Your definition of "muslim" is a disingenuous one done to cover up the facts. How can you say that muslim is one who submits to God?

Which god? The monotheistic Zoroastrain God?

Seriously, just confess that your religion makes no sense when it tries to surpass religions that it borrowed from

That is the muslim ploy to say that who ever woships one god is a mulsim. . .Were the ancient greeks that woship the only true god Zeus muslims?. . .What about the woshippers of Ifa?. . .Nonsense. . .
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by maclatunji: 7:04pm On Oct 27, 2012
mazaje:

False there are so many prohets after Mohammed. . .Joseph Smith the founder of the Mormon religion is one. . .There are so many others. . . .

LOL. We Muslims do not take the word "Prophet" literally as you are applying here. You can't understand, e pass your level.

Anybody can start any new religion, that doesn't make them a prophet.
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Oct 27, 2012
maclatunji:

LOL. We Muslims do not take the word "Prophet" literally as you are applying here. You can't understand, e pass your level.

What makes Muhammad a prophet?

His countless wives?

His wars?

His engagement in slavery?
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by mazaje(m): 7:47pm On Oct 27, 2012
maclatunji:

What is this?. . .LOL. Prophet Mohammed is a propeht just as Joseph Smith is also a prophet end of story. . .By the way you have refused to tell us if the ancient greeks that woshipped the only true god zeus were muslims.
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Oct 27, 2012
mazaje:

That is the muslim ploy to say that who ever woships one god is a mulsim. . .Were the ancient greeks that woship the only true god Zeus muslims?. . .What about the woshippers of Ifa?. . .Nonsense. . .

Majaze, were you a muslim before?
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by mazaje(m): 7:49pm On Oct 27, 2012
Logicboy03:

Majaze, were you a muslim before?

Yep. . .I was born into a muslim family. . . .
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 27, 2012
mazaje:

Yep. . .I was born into a muslim family. . . .

Did the muslim tutors or imams really teach that Jesus was a muslim? Or is this a new apologist doctrine?
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by mazaje(m): 7:53pm On Oct 27, 2012
Logicboy03:

Did the muslim tutors or imams really teach that Jesus was a muslim? Or is this a new apologist doctrine?

Muslims actually believe that all the jewish propehts including Jesus were muslims . . .That is the only reason why they can accept the biblical stories as a part of the koran. They simply can't accept that they were jews who practiced a different religion since the same men were talked about in the koran as prophets of allah. . .They had to come up with this facade that any body that worships one god is a muslim. . .LOL. . .That makes ifa worshippers muslims.
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 27, 2012
mazaje:

Muslims actually believe that all the jewish propehts including Jesus were muslims . . .That is the only reason why they can accept the biblical stories as a part of the koran. They simply can't accept that they were jews since the same men were talked about in the koran as prophets of allah. . .

lol......how sad. They take other people's prophets and women but you can not touch theirs.

Imagine if someone said that muhammad was a Jew or some christian tried to marry the daughter of a sultan
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by maclatunji: 5:13pm On Oct 28, 2012
^Ethnicity and religion are two different things.
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Oct 28, 2012

Nah, i think (i know) the problem is rooted deep in islamic propaganda and delusion.

Your quote - Then again, you must accept the message of the current Prophet of your time. It would be futile for an ethnic Jew to claim to follow Moses (AS) during the lifetime of Jesus (AS) just as it is futile to claim monotheism and submission to God without accepting the message of Prophet Muhammad (SAW)at this time. God makes the changes and it is part of submission to him that we comply. #Simple

1. If it was futile of jews to claim to follow Moses during the lifetime of Jesus (actually they did follow Moses even after Jesus died) then why is mohammad's case different? He died over 1000 yrs ago and is still the "prophet of our time"? Even though SEVERAL other prophets have come and gone after him?

2. There are plenty of monotheistic religions with submission to God as a central tenet... they do not accept mohammad either - for example judaism itself is built on those 2 tenets.
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 28, 2012
maclatunji: ^Ethnicity and religion are two different things.

who was talking about ethnicity?
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by mazaje(m): 11:12pm On Oct 28, 2012
Logicboy03:

who was talking about ethnicity?

He just keeps running all over the place. He hasn't told you if the those that worship the only true god zeus are muslims. . .
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by Nobody: 12:09am On Oct 29, 2012
mazaje:

He just keeps running all over the place. He hasn't told you if the those that worship the only true god zeus are muslims. . .

grin grin grin

Maclatunji is confused. He has never really had arguments with atheists that know about his religion.
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by Sweetnecta: 3:14am On Oct 29, 2012
@davidylan:
by davidylan(m): 5:23pm On Oct 28
Nah, i think (i know) the problem is rooted deep in islamic propaganda and delusion.

Your quote - Then again, you must accept the message of the current Prophet of your time. It would be futile for an ethnic Jew to claim to follow Moses (AS) during the lifetime of Jesus (AS) just as it is futile to claim monotheism and submission to God without accepting the message of Prophet Muhammad (SAW)at this time. God makes the changes and it is part of submission to him that we comply. #Simple

1. If it was futile of jews to claim to follow Moses during the lifetime of Jesus (actually they did follow Moses even after Jesus died)
pay attention to the bold and ignore the "after Jesus died" part, focus only on the "follow" part. those of them who followed Jesus in the very lifetime of Jesus, were they believers or disbelievers and those who rejected Jesus at very moment, those crucial years of his message being delivered by himself, would you say these people sticking to Moses alone but rejecting Jesus were believers or disbelievers? notice that throughout the years Jesus preached he was not referred to or any of his followers referred to as christians showing in essence that christianity did not even have a life in the lifetime of Jesus, but the nickname by the antioch citizens is another era entirely. who were the believers in your own judgment during the lifetime of Jesus between those who followed Jesus and those who rejected him but stuck with "moses" as you said?

then why is mohammad's case different?
if the Moses only people in the lifetime of Jesus were disbelievers you must then know that the Jesus only in the life of Muhammad are disbelievers. But when did time of Moses start except when Moses started his commissioned message? when did his follower-ship end except when the baton was passed to Jesus at the beginning of is mission? one must ask if Moses died over a millennium before Jesus and you are arguing that people followed Moses all through this time, up to when Jesus can and beyond, we must agree at lease that before Jesus, all the over 1,000 years without Moses, the message in the mission of Moses was the standard of "true belief". do you understand that and agree or do you say with knowledge that Moses death ended his "truth" and something else was the absolute truth, but Jesus was giving them a different absolute truth when he was asking them to return to "Moses through the Truth that Jesus brought"? what will make Jesus even mention Moses unless there was some relevance to his current mission of truth, both practically identical in their basic format: God is One and Him Only true worship as He ordains is due. You cant make your worship up and expect God to accept it over what He commands or along with it.

He died over 1000 yrs ago and is still the "prophet of our time"?
It should make sense to you that if Moses died over 1,000 years before Jesus and Jesus upheld the laws and prophetic office of Moses as relevant, then before the arrival of Jesus after the death of Moses, who was the "prophet of our time" if you were to be alive in that over 1,000 years? good thinking is needed here because you may have to do back to the future and go to the past at the same time. it may be complicated to you based on your reasoning when it comes to Muhammad post Jesus, yet you as a christian take Jesus mission as the mission to follow today after over 2,000 years of the death you claim for him. which is long between 2,000 years and 1,000 years?

Even though SEVERAL other prophets have come and gone after him?
why are you following Jesus today, instead of the last of those "prophets" after Muhammad [sa] that you claimed? or are you an atheist or suddenly you develop amnesia because Muhammad [sa] is clearly after Jesus [as] as Jesus is after Moses [as]? You must be a freaking jew without any knowledge of the order of prophet-hood. Noah [as] remained the prophet of "our time" even after he died, until God sent another prophet [as]. could you name a prophet from God after Muhammad [sa]? Just one prophet and tell us why you agree he is from God and give us a simple reason you are not following him, but Jesus who came much earlier than Muhammad?

2. There are plenty of monotheistic religions with submission to God as a central tenet... they do not accept mohammad either - for example judaism itself is built on those 2 tenets.
just like christianity, judaism is not from God. these are man made religions and both differ from each other and definitely differ from the pattern of Ibrahim [as], yet each proclaims itself as abrahamaic. you lied in this claim just as you are way off about what you say by your lips while rejecting the truth of God in your monotheistic and submission claims.

The Jews were told of prophets after Moses [as]. They found way to reject Jesus. Rejection of Jesus is also rejection of Moses who they claim to be following. Moses didnt tell them that God said they should pray to a wall and stuck patters with writing on 'em in its cracks. I will leave you think about how dubious their claim is.

The Christians claim that Jesus is God while he told his companions that he was a messenger of God. How is God also the messenger of God or how is the messenger of God is God? no one told you to worship in the way you do as if you are in a nightclub since disco is been dead for over 30 years. you have no concept of fasting. you follow the hardship of jews while God has made fasting easy. you created a manner of salvation that ignores God the ONLY SAVER.

both of you are still monotheistic and submitting to God, you think? saying does not mean it is. wishing it does not making it so. you are now the husband of bianca ojukwu does not make it so because i said you are.
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by mazaje(m): 7:34am On Oct 29, 2012
^^
This man has come again with his endless drivels that only make sense to him alone. . . .LOL!
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 29, 2012
mazaje: ^^
This man has come again with his endless drivels that only make sense to him alone. . . .LOL!

Sweetnecta seems like an illiterate that was lucky to get an American passport.
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by truthislight: 11:02am On Oct 29, 2012
Logicboy03:

Maclatrunji,

guy, was this an omission or an addition to his name?

Macla"Tru"nji = Tru = Troll.

Lol.
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by truthislight: 11:09am On Oct 29, 2012
maclatunji:

It would be called a sacrilege in Nigeria. Just name him Jesus.You would learn there's a difference between Jesus and Joshua.

the word jesus is just a name like any other name.

The biggy about his name is christ = anointed one = messaiah.

There are other named Jesus in the bible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Evidence That Allah Is Satan: From The Words Of Muhammad / Daddy Adeboye Is Innocent / Why Is Necrophilia Immoral ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.