Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,916 members, 7,828,200 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo (37518 Views)

Why Nigerians Hate Igbo, By Chinua Achebe / See How Nigerians Hate Asari Dokubo (pics) / 'fashola Doesn't Hate Igbo People In Lagos' -chief Obinna Ezenwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 20, 2012
mimifonwon:
omg, please show me where i claimed egba, nawooo, you my dear are a true fool, and have shown yourself for what your really are, a liar, and with this am done with you, and please dont go fake and post and say i said it, give me the link and sources to substantiate it, and al harm, i dont care what your believe, as you know you are not a hundred percent yoruba, i have the same right as u in my father's land, so whether you like it or not am a yoruba woman, born to an igbo woman. If you dont like it, go kill yourself!!. Peace!!

comot for road,
carry your bear bear and hairy chest go meet your Igbo mother.
you are Igbo and your thread history shows that.

una no dey tire to dey claim yoruba?
abeg we don plenty reach, we no need una.
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by Sealeddeal(m): 5:37pm On Oct 20, 2012
Let truth be told even though heaven may fall. Achebe has said it all.we are not afraid of anyone.
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by mimifonwon(f): 5:38pm On Oct 20, 2012
alj harem:

LOL grin grin grin the girl don craze finally grin grin grin I remember one of her silly thread claiming Ogu dialect as Egba dialect. You know sometimes when Igbos smoke igbo they tell you how Egbas and Ijebus are Igbos originally.

I laugh at your stupidity. The said thread was a question i posed on whether egbas were the original owners of the land knowb as lagos and if they are yorubas, and yes i can through science -geneology prove that some people from ijebu-igbo have igbo bloods and vis versa, the fact is that we are all mixed up. But yes, please stop making yourself look stupid and just accept fact. I have no reason to lie, for after all you are of no importance to me, other than your humanity. So if you choose to dwell in lies, do so, and leave me out of it. once again, PEACE!!
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by aljharem(m): 5:38pm On Oct 20, 2012
This mimifonwon of an iddeiot woud want us to believe Igbos are better than Yorubas. You must have you head in the clouds. I don't support superiority and any attempt to do so would be resisted be rest assured.I don't want to know if you are igbo yoruba or hausa. Ok I how I have made myself clear

This is not tribalism but fighting for equality. If you are not sure, I have fought for Igbos before both on the internet and real life.
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by ooconsider(m): 5:40pm On Oct 20, 2012
alj harem: one would agree with me that this man is an IDEEEEIOT. Take it or leave it

I usually don't insult icons but this achebe of a man is a big mumu. Ideeiot

[color=#990000][quote author=alj harem]one would agree with me that this man is an IDEEEEIOT. Take it or leave it

Truth is always bitter when spoken but makes u feel better when u accept it, call him whatever u like, it doesnt change d fact that what he said is absolute truth. No hard feelings bro
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by rumours: 5:40pm On Oct 20, 2012
U are more objective. I like your post. Most of the others are ranting.
H-Factor:
Achebe, however, saved some criticisms for his kinsmen. He criticised them for what he described as “hubris, overweening pride and thoughtlessness, which invite envy and hatred or even worse that can obsess the mind with material success and dispose it to all kinds of crude showiness.”

Much of what he argued here is true, but he has forgotten the biggest problem of the Igbo tribe : they have no leading voice to protect their interests. People like him shouldn't be in Americca writing award winning articles on how Igbos are hated. He should be in Nigeria FIGHTING FOR A CAUSE!!
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 20, 2012
mimifonwon:
I laugh at your stupidity. The said thread was a question i posed on whether egbas were the original owners of the land knowb as lagos and if they are yorubas, and yes i can through science -geneology prove that some people from ijebu-igbo have igbo bloods and vis versa, the fact is that we are all mixed up. But yes, please stop making yourself look stupid and just accept fact. I have no reason to lie, for after all you are of no importance to me, other than your humanity. So if you choose to dwell in lies, do so, and leave me out of it. once again, PEACE!!

ijebu-igbo are Igbos too? shocked
dis Igbo girl don smoke igbo walahi.
if ijebus catch Igbos, dem go kill all of una finish for Igbo land.
you no look for weak pipu to claim na ijebu una wan claim join Igbo.
i laugh in ijebu
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by cristog120: 5:41pm On Oct 20, 2012
achebe is a historian and he just put another in prints.history does not call for a fight but reflections and learning for great minds.igbos have never unitedly screamed 'hatred' but its underneath every actions and reactions we observe in our daily individual and national life.have the igbos fought for marginalization it has suffered over the years as a body? the answer is no.but just that a man of history told a story the whole tribes especially yorubas are now casting aspersions. what will now happen if the whole igbos say presidency or never.wont heads roll by these so called haters.igbos have been peace loving people thats why you find them everywhere in the spirit of oneness even in the territory of their enemies.there is a saying that anywhere you dont find an igbo man,run for your dear life-its not inhabitable
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by sindyko(m): 5:42pm On Oct 20, 2012
Am obsess and tribulate abt these ibos, they r fond of dere loudmouth and chest beating, I will pinpoint u to some archive, go and make a research only if ur pomposity or cheating boasting could. If u want to dispute u most av criterion, I know must of u ar clueless,just come to NL to clamour and rant, go in deep to luk for the fundamental or inception of an issue. It was ur GRAND FATHER starter wat dey can never finish up, they were d one started KILLING in the north. Go and make consult not by ur cowdice (father) and treason, Google it. Write traitor chukwuma kaduna nwoedgwu wat ever, u will b told our he started wat he could end up.

Bird of the same feather, I wonder how could a good boy come out from a callous and scandal parent, people of the same dirty blood. That is wat ACHEBE has started now. U know he's old, he wil soon........ Having caused catastrophe for u guys, where by ur coming generation can never get rid off.

Be conscious igbos WE mighty wipe u off.
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by jkross(m): 5:43pm On Oct 20, 2012
looplat: When will Nigeria break up?
abeg make we separate the wheat from the chaff.
Igbos are dragging us back with their stupidity.

When were you born..I bet you didn't see the reign of abacha
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by aljharem(m): 5:43pm On Oct 20, 2012
ooconsider:

[color=#990000]

what is the truth ? That Yorubas were once better than Igbos ? Or Igbos are now better than Yorubas ?

Where have you seen any Yoruba man make ANY COMPARISON ON HOW HE IS BETTER THAN ANY GROUP ?

Is that your truth ?

Can a man write a similar article about Igbos without even I alj harem not fighting ?

If that is his own reality, then I guess he needs to come back to Nigeria and see the truth

OF WHAT HELP HAS EVEN ACHEBE DONE FOR IGBOS ? I am waiting
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by Asiwaju9ja(m): 5:43pm On Oct 20, 2012
Balkan:

This Alika does not know that its on Record that Ibos have producd more senate president than any tribe in Nigeriam it on record, its part of our strategy. Mumu yorobbers don't know

Another display of ignorance. I bet u didn't know why the Senate Presidency was rotated amongst d whole six igbo states. Not that they completed their terms, it was internal squabbles. I hope u have been educated. For ur information I am not yoruba. U just showed a typical igbo Genuis behaviour.
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 20, 2012
lmao@my niqqah "Shy" in here on the Low......

Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by aljharem(m): 5:44pm On Oct 20, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin
looplat:

ijebu-igbo are Igbos too? shocked
dis Igbo girl don smoke igbo walahi.
if ijebus catch Igbos, dem go kill all of una finish for Igbo land.
you no look for weak pipu to claim na ijebu una wan claim join Igbo.
i laugh in ijebu
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 20, 2012
Very Entertaining Thread Guys.

Keep this up.

I am learning allot
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by bashr8: 5:47pm On Oct 20, 2012
sindyko: Am obsess and tribulate abt these ibos, they r fond of dere loudmouth and chest beating, I will pinpoint u to some archive, go and make a research only if ur pomposity or cheating boasting could. If u want to dispute u most av criterion, I know must of u ar clueless,just come to NL to clamour and rant, go in deep to luk for the fundamental or inception of an issue. It was ur GRAND FATHER starter wat dey can never finish up, they were d one started KILLING in the north. Go and make consult not by ur cowdice (father) and treason, Google it. Write traitor chukwuma kaduna nwoedgwu wat ever, u will b told our he started wat he could end up.

Bird of the same feather, I wonder how could a good boy come out from a callous and scandal parent, people of the same dirty blood. That is wat ACHEBE has started now. U know he's old, he wil soon........ Having caused catastrophe for u guys, where by ur coming generation can never get rid off.

Be conscious igbos WE mighty wipe u off.
the more people like you type rubbish the more what achebe wrote is being proved but bitter people like you only end up commiting suicide . i wonder why it pains yoruba people so much. if you were as good as you claim you wont be bothered , other southerners are not bothered because they know they can compete with igbos even in igboland where many of them reside , they work hard like igbos and not sit around dreaming of how to pull others down.
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by bashr8: 5:49pm On Oct 20, 2012
alj harem:

what is the truth ? That Yorubas were once better than Igbos ? Or Igbos are now better than Yorubas ?

Where have you seen any Yoruba man make ANY COMPARISON ON HOW HE IS BETTER THAN ANY GROUP ?

Is that your truth ?

Can a man write a similar article about Igbos without even I alj harem not fighting ?

If that is his own reality, then I guess he needs to come back to Nigeria and see the truth

OF WHAT HELP HAS EVEN ACHEBE DONE FOR IGBOS ? I am waiting
no body used the word better, theres nothing wrong with comparing one region with another, stop this your bitterness and use your brain for once. what exactly are you mad at ? you people are only proving him right .
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by blasterman(m): 5:49pm On Oct 20, 2012
Just for una info any landed property on a land is a lease. Dat lease can be broken or not renewed. Make una dey yarn dey go
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 20, 2012
blasterman: Just for una info any landed property on a land is a lease. Dat lease can be broken or not renewed. Make una dey yarn dey go

my guy tell them ooo
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by ichidodo: 5:52pm On Oct 20, 2012
blasterman: Just for una info any landed property on a land is a lease. Dat lease can be broken or not renewed. Make una dey yarn dey go
DEY CONSOLE URESELF.
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by bashr8: 5:52pm On Oct 20, 2012
and so ? lazy man , if you like no go work buy your own land . lazy rat. if we call all of you lazy because of this your statement you wil start crying about how igbos insult other people.
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 20, 2012
seems that achebe, like james watson is suffering a loosening of the tongue in his twilight years

nothing particularly new here - our brothers from the east have always had massive ego problems

no matter where they are, they will whine marginalization
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by MegaMan2020: 5:53pm On Oct 20, 2012
Noiseless2: You might as well commit suicide whenever you hear the word Igbo, the fact remains the Igbos don't want to belong in the same country with your likes so get over it.

But millions of your Igbo brothers and sisters flee to the North and SW in their millions don't they?
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by takedat(m): 5:53pm On Oct 20, 2012
Please pay this man(Achebe) no attention. Life on a Wheel Chair could be so frustrating. Senility is the worst incurable disease.
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by cristog120: 5:54pm On Oct 20, 2012
bashr8: the more people like you type rubbish the more what achebe wrote is being proved but bitter people like you only end up commiting suicide . i wonder why it pains yoruba people so much. if you were as good as you claim you wont be bothered , other southerners are not bothered because they know they can compete with igbos even in igboland where many of them reside , they work hard like igbos and not sit around dreaming of how to pull others down.

GBAM! can u count how many tauts one can find at every corner of lagos extorting money from hawkers ,okada ,keke,motorist. they only feed fat on others to survive no matter how menial your job is.its a fact but they will jump up to defend this.the day i was charged for dropping my load on the ground in idumota lagos was the day i knew that these people are not ready to work hard.and the next thing,his brother will support him.this is yoruba for u.bitter truth ,oya shou

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (24) (Reply)

Most Boko Haram Weapons Are Stolen From The Nigerian Army / Chibok Girls Abductor Arrested / How Jonathan Sealed Kwara Deal For Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.