Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,012 members, 7,835,435 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo (37544 Views)

Why Nigerians Hate Igbo, By Chinua Achebe / See How Nigerians Hate Asari Dokubo (pics) / 'fashola Doesn't Hate Igbo People In Lagos' -chief Obinna Ezenwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 20, 2012
When will Nigeria break up?
abeg make we separate the wheat from the chaff.
Igbos are dragging us back with their stupidity.
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 20, 2012
Look at all the people viewing this thread...

You people sure love Tribalism... grin

Scoot Over let me grab a seat....

Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by HFactor1(m): 5:16pm On Oct 20, 2012
Achebe, however, saved some criticisms for his kinsmen. He criticised them for what he described as “hubris, overweening pride and thoughtlessness, which invite envy and hatred or even worse that can obsess the mind with material success and dispose it to all kinds of crude showiness.”

Much of what he argued here is true, but he has forgotten the biggest problem of the Igbo tribe : they have no leading voice to protect their interests. People like him shouldn't be in Americca writing award winning articles on how Igbos are hated. He should be in Nigeria FIGHTING FOR A CAUSE!!

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by mimifonwon(f): 5:18pm On Oct 20, 2012
looplat:

Can you stop calling yourself yoruba?
Little girl, you are Igbo?
Just cos a yoruba man strayed his prick inside your Igbo mum
that doesn't make you yoruba.

you're a girl and you took after your mom.
you're Igbo. stop the nonsense!

Ashebe is still being haunted by the spirits of okonkwo,
don't take him seriously.

Only a fool speaks what he doesnt know, if you dont know you my dear are not 100% of any tribe, and dont try to argue it, because all i need to do is swab your cheeks for your dna and prove you wrong. I am yoruba by father, for that is how ones tribal identity is determined in nigeria if you dont know. Dont hate cuz am not tribalistic or care to be, I was raised to speak the truth and seek the truth-unbiased, and as a scientist i do that well. I dont grab things out of the air that i cannot backup with facts. So just because i have affinity towards my mother's tribe just as i have for my fathers doesnt make me any less of human being who has the right to speak the truth. Ignorance is a disease and so is tribalism, so go get cured before i put a curse on your whole lineage. Dont h8, just appreciate and learn. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by otokx(m): 5:21pm On Oct 20, 2012
This is fast turning into a tribal war, why are some people bent on dragging us back to the demons of the past?
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by Noiseless2: 5:21pm On Oct 20, 2012
nigeria hates the truth, and always relying on the innocent blood to drink with the hope to look strong, so there is no country so TRUTH-PHOBIA and thirst for human blood, allow me to put it this way that is going to see the light of peace.With the hate they display against a particular section there is nothing that will stop one using any means necessary to freeing oneself from this bullish prison camp, where the only price they know is using a particular tribe for rituals in order to look good on the outside.
Shaw007: And why will Ghana,malawi and all other mushroom countries nOt lOok down On you. . .cos u can't even HOLd your fu*cking selfs 2geda and act Like a country for Once 4b God sakes!!! Mtcheww. .Nonsense!!
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 20, 2012
Waooooo....I've missed the party, where the heck I've I been all this while these yiboz are as usual running their dirty holes call mouth ?
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 20, 2012
mimifonwon:
Only a fool speaks what he doesnt know, if you dont know you my dear are not 100% of any tribe, and dont try to argue it, because all i need to do is swab your cheeks for your dna and prove you wrong. I am yoruba by father, for that is how ones tribal identity is determined in nigeria if you dont know. Dont hate cuz am not tribalistic or care to be, I was raised to speak the truth and seek the truth-unbiased, and as a scientist i do that well. I dont grab things out of the air that i cannot backup with facts. So just because i have affinity towards my mother's tribe just as i have for my fathers doesnt make me any less of human being who has the right to speak the truth. Ignorance is a disease and so is tribalism, so go get cured before i put a curse on your whole lineage. Dont h8, just appreciate and learn. smiley

You have a yoruba father,
but who are you closer to? Ur mom
dat's why you view everything like a Igbo.
stick to ur Igbo roots, we don't need BASTARDS among us.

all ur threads have been yibocentric
but u always want to claim yoruba when it suits u.gtfoh

2 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by jkross(m): 5:22pm On Oct 20, 2012
Sentiments and hate..! Thumbs up.# PapaAchebe..you hit the nail to the head..same way hitlar felt threatened and decided to wipe out the jews..the Nigerian nation felt threatened and tried to wipe out the Igbo nation..We don't die we multiply..obiara ije ka'anyi bu!
And for the dumb fools that thinks Igbo's are like migrant workers in lagos state I bet your landlord is an Igbo man even you father's boss @ work too..
I don't feel superior to any other tribe am just proud of who I am..The rejected stone will one day be the head corner stone!!
we are:
Intelligent(I)
Goal achievers(G)
Business minded(B)
Oriental jewels(O)
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 20, 2012
You Gotta Love the Classy Language being exhibited here....

Oh yeah, this thread is definitely going to get me through lunch
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by aljharem(m): 5:23pm On Oct 20, 2012
mimifonwon:

Al i have noticed something about you, you are a green snake, and sadly a tribalist. What achebe writes is true, even other historians have written it, it has nothing to do with tribe. And yes am yoruba by the way. So dont try to come at me with any tribalistic bull sh!t. I dont blame you though, i blame our parents generation that passed down these tribalistic thinking to some of us. I have read accounts from international bodies, even the colonizing body, the british affirms the same conclusion achebe is simply rehashing. The yorubas had the advantage for over 50 years for they were the first people to be colonized and get western education,while eastern nigerians, especially the igbos were the last frontier as they tried to resist everything western until they no longer can. But you have to admit ( that is if you choose to do unbiased research and read other historical accounts) the igbos in a short period of time economically surpassed their northern and southwestern counterparts, and even caught up in education in the whiteman's tongue with the west. So before you start abusing a man and a history you know nothing and looks like you care nothing about, please do your research and try and see if you can find any historical record or written work that is contrary to what achebe writes. And you cannot in honest truth not say that since the civil war that the north and southwestern nigeria have not tried to keep any igbo man from becoming a president or even vice president for the fear that he might create another biafra or even worse keep the resources in eastern nigeria to the east. Please dont come at me with, ummm north has this, southwest has that, the truth is that the bulk of nigeria's wealth has always been in the lands that were curved as biafra. Yes i understand you will point out that igbos are not the only tribe in eastern nigeria, and true, but some of those tribes that trusted in nigeria, had their traditional homeland dashed off to another country, so there are consequences to everything we do in life. My dear brother tell the truth, infact accept the truth, swallow it and shame the devil. You know sometimes good medicine can be extremely bitter, but at the end it helps cure the disease of ignorance and lies we have accepted due to tribalistic sentiments. Btw i will not be responding to any of your rude comments, and yes my mother is igbo and so what. All I have to say to you is read other outside historical accounts before you respond to things written by a credible man, who in his old age would not try to ruin his life works with lies. So please always do you research and dont let your emotions lead you, rather allow unbiased un-tribalistic reasoning to guide you. HAPPY SABBATH EVERYONE!!

Look here, you are not and would never be yoruba. All your lies are for Igbos to eat not me. Your father aint Ijebu that is a fact.

Tell me what part of Ijebu ode your father is from ? Just because you speak yorubas DOES NOT MEAN you are one ok. Yes Achebe is an ideeiot. Yes I am not a tribalist. Do your worse.
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by FreeGlobe(f): 5:24pm On Oct 20, 2012
chief batiatus:

Did I say you don't own them? But they are crap! Infact most estates in abuja are owned by Ibos but what is their quality like? Let's go to your east where I lived and worked before, the same kind of buildings! Small rooms, low cement quality, rough finishing but fine painting and tile. Go to the west and see how houses are built.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
I dont know how NL keeps producing these clowns. Have they started building modern houses in yorobberland? Last time I checked Yoruba people still occupy houses of the colonial era, again except lagos.
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by aljharem(m): 5:24pm On Oct 20, 2012
looplat:

Can you stop calling yourself yoruba?
Little girl, you are Igbo?
Just cos a yoruba man strayed his prick inside your Igbo mum
that doesn't make you yoruba.

you're a girl and you took after your mom.
you're Igbo. stop the nonsense!

Ashebe is still being haunted by the spirits of okonkwo,
don't take him seriously.

Thank you o !
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 20, 2012
alj harem:
Look here, you are not and would never be yoruba. All your lies are for Igbos to eat not me. Your father aint Ijebu that is a fact.

Tell me what part of Ijebu ode your father is from ? Just because you speak yorubas DOES NOT MEAN you are one ok. Yes Achebe is an ideeiot. Yes I am not a tribalist. Do your worse.

egbon, she claimed egba on one thread
now she's claiming ijebu. oniro jati jati ni omo ishi yen.
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 20, 2012
alj harem:
Thank you o !

we go soon start one-drop rule for yorubas. cheesy
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by aljharem(m): 5:27pm On Oct 20, 2012
looplat:

LOL grin grin grin the girl don craze finally grin grin grin I remember one of her silly thread claiming Ogu dialect as Egba dialect. You know sometimes when Igbos smoke igbo they tell you how Egbas and Ijebus are Igbos originally.
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by buffny: 5:28pm On Oct 20, 2012
its good to know how igbos think of us. it will make it easier for me to discriminate against them and treat them like shiiite that they are.
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 20, 2012
alj harem:

LOL grin grin grin the girl don craze finally grin grin grin I remember one of her silly thread claiming Ogu dialect as Egba dialect. You know sometimes when Igbos smoke igbo they tell you how Egbas and Ijebus are Igbos originally.

na igbo dey make dem kolo.
achebe na unrepentant igbo smoker
see as him face squeeze up like plunger. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by Balkan(m): 5:31pm On Oct 20, 2012
Asiwaju9ja: I used to respect this Man alot and I now have reservations. I respect the igbo race for their ingenuity,resourcefulness, never-say-die attitude and commerce. However, Mr. Achebe has not extricated himself from the Biafran Mentality, which I think our leaders are helping to foster(including Achebe) The igbo race like other ethnic groups in Nigeria has lost its ideals. The whole Qualities I mentioned earlier has been given negative perspectives from the action of their kinsmen. A particular example was when the Senate Presidency was zoned to the east. You and I know what transpired, how many senate presidents did we have within that short time? I expected a colossal icon like CA to work for the unification of Nigeria, instead of writing novels that will further speed us apart. I am sorry to say, Mr. Achebe has left the country for long, he does no know what his average kinsman is ready to do to make money at the expense of his fellow igbo man. Please sir, you opinion of the igbo race has long been overshadowed by GREED.

This Alika does not know that its on Record that Ibos have producd more senate president than any tribe in Nigeriam it on record, its part of our strategy. Mumu yorobbers don't know
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by mimifonwon(f): 5:31pm On Oct 20, 2012
looplat:

omg, please show me where i claimed egba, nawooo, you my dear are a true fool, and have shown yourself for what your really are, a liar, and with this am done with you, and please dont go fake and post and say i said it, give me the link and sources to substantiate it, and al harm, i dont care what your believe, as you know you are not a hundred percent yoruba, i have the same right as u in my father's land, so whether you like it or not am a yoruba woman, born to an igbo woman. If you dont like it, go kill yourself!!. Peace!!

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by oneeast: 5:32pm On Oct 20, 2012
mimifonwon:

Why are your perpetuating the same hate you are being fed, I believe there are a lot of heroes in the yoruba land, and if you also will stop being a tribalist and see it, you would appreciate the like of soyinka, adesida-current chancelor at major uni in usa,- great men, so many others. Just like every fruit bears good fruit, it also can bear bad fruits. Do not judge a tribe by one man's action. Maybe if you start turning the other cheek and stop all these rants full of h8t and ethnocentric ideals, perhaps we can all move on. I believe nairaland actually shows us the true mirror of our countries future and maybe if we all learn to accept eachother for who we are and not look at tribes as indication of worth, then slowly we can make a better nigeria for our children.

Maybe you should start by taming these mgbati [b]mgbati[/b]here first.. grin grin
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by superstar1(m): 5:32pm On Oct 20, 2012
I am disappointed in this old man that ought to be promoting unity at his old age. I hope he will not lead his brothersto another senseless war like hitler. The superiority he is laying claims to only exist in the fore corner of is home and he is definitely an outdated old man.
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by Angel778(f): 5:32pm On Oct 20, 2012
ichidodo: WELL,WE HAD SO MUCH LOVE THEM, EVEN THEN WE STIL GAVE THEM SUMTIN TO TINK ABOUT AND NOW ACHEBE HAS DONE US A FAVOUR AS WE NOW HAVE ALL OUR CIVIL WAR LESSONS IN DOCUMENTATION, IF IT WANTS TO HAPPEN,BRING IT ON OF CUZ, U KNOW LIGHTENIN CANNOT STRIKE TWICE. THOU YAMHEAD.
i feel sorry 4 u ibo pple and d like of chinua achebe, 4 u are only building up more hatred to urself from other tribes. This type of write-up coming from chinua Achebe dat suppose to be a good example in promoting peace, unity, is a very big disappointment.
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by chiefbatiatus(m): 5:33pm On Oct 20, 2012
FreeGlobe:
cheesy cheesy cheesy
I dont know how NL keeps producing these clowns. Have they started building modern houses in yorobberland? Last time I checked Yoruba people still occupy houses of the colonial era, again except lagos.

You just proved that there can be something worse than a clown. So its only Lagos with modern buildings in the west? Someone said most Ibo nairalannders are shop clerks at alaba and I think I agree now. Please try close shop its saturday night already, before your oga flogs your superior n.yash

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (24) (Reply)

Photo: Guess What Buhari Is Discussing With Ameachi / Mustapha Salihu Hails Oshiomhole’s Suspension / Governor Ortom’s Convoy Involved In Accident in Abuja, No Casualty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.