Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,042 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo (37540 Views)

Why Nigerians Hate Igbo, By Chinua Achebe / See How Nigerians Hate Asari Dokubo (pics) / 'fashola Doesn't Hate Igbo People In Lagos' -chief Obinna Ezenwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by Policewoman(f): 3:33pm On Oct 20, 2012
T9ksy:

Of course, you do! Keep underestimating your enemy. Same mistake you lot made in Jan 1966 which led to the northerners

instigating a pogrom against your sorry obdurate flat heads. Seems you lot haven't learnt anything concrete from your last shambolic escapade.

Yes, the hausas had every right to avenge the deaths of their premiers, though i dont sanction their methods. Even Sanus said that the Yorubas are the problem of Nigeria. They are neither here nor there. Only changing like chameleons to suit their selfish ends. Castrated cowards.

2 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by kwajahafiz(m): 3:34pm On Oct 20, 2012
alj harem: one would agree with me that this man is an IDEEEEIOT. Take it or leave it

I usually don't insult icons but this achebe of a man is a big mumu. Ideeiot
The brilliance of the sun that is Achebe is blinding
Ur eyesight. U my friend is an ant pointing at the sun.
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by EagleNest(m): 3:35pm On Oct 20, 2012
Truth sometimes hurts but it must be told.
We don't need Achebe to tell us this truth, because in Nairaland alone, it is obvious.
It would have been a wise thing if Biafra were allowed to exist, so that this bitterness would end.
Now that Igbo is part of Nigeria, it baffles me why the other major tribes are still complaining with hatred in their hearts. How else do you want an Igbo man to be when you are seeing him as an enemy instead of neighbor.It is not possible for Igbo to meet all the expectations of other tribes neither would it be possible for other tribe to do same.All tribes have different cultures and belief and some are resentful while some are wonderful. Since the Nigeria union is a forced union, we have to bear one another to forge ahead otherwise the union would remain dysfunctional as it is till date. Let Prof Achebe live. He is old and I perceive that he is gradually giving the younger generations a parting gift-which is the truth about our history. Let other elders do so from other tribes, so that we can all learn, otherwise we will keep on making mistakes. Enough of unnecessary insults on the man, pls!

2 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by lacasa: 3:35pm On Oct 20, 2012
alj harem: one would agree with me that this man is an IDEEEEIOT. Take it or leave it

I usually don't insult icons but this achebe of a man is a big mumu. Ideeiot

Ya alhaj!!

Same with me.

Ubanshi yaci Ubanshi

if i was igbo i would have dis-owned this man ever since
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by Onlytruth(m): 3:36pm On Oct 20, 2012
dayokanu:

Take out all of Lagos

5 SW states vs 5 Igbo states

The SW is definitely ahead even without Lagos

When even ordinary Osun has a higher GDP than Anambra

Achebe should be ashamed of his homeland

Igbos are not 1/3 in Lagos they are 95% in Lagos Port Harcourt Abuja, Newyork and Japan

How can we take out Lagos, when about 20% of Igbo investments and assets are there?
You also want us to forget Delta and Rivers states?

Are you for real?

This is what I call lying to oneself.

BTW I didn't add our investments in the North because of strategic reasons. wink

We diaspora Igbo send more money into Nigeria than you can ever dream of.

I personally hate bragging about stuff like this, and I totally agree with Achebe that we Igbos should operate silently. wink

2 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by dayokanu(m): 3:36pm On Oct 20, 2012
Onlytruth: Stop beating your wives and marrying 10 wives! Send them to school! cheesy

Stop r@ping your women like the ABSU 5

Stop killing your women like Cynthia Osukogu

Stop r@pinnng your grandmothers like they do in Enugu

Stop molesting underaged girls like Ojuku did to Bianca

Igbos stop these ignoble acts

8 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by ocelot2006(m): 3:37pm On Oct 20, 2012
okosodo: Wether you like am or not, na true. It can be seen clearly. I am a BINI guy so i am speaking from a point of neutrality. Nigeria is still marginalising ibo till today, and the result is backwardness for every body because the wrong hausa goats will take their position. We are going nowhere in this country

And in what way are the Igbos being marginalised? Please do tell, cos I keep hearing this silly excuse over and over. I don't see them complain about their own poor leaders?
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by dayokanu(m): 3:38pm On Oct 20, 2012
Onlytruth:

How can we take out Lagos, when about 20% of Igbo investments and assets are there?
You also want us to forget Delta and Rivers states?

Are you for real?

This is what I call lying to oneself.

BTW I didn't add our investments in the North because of strategic reasons. wink

We diaspora Igbo send more money into Nigeria than you can ever dream of.

I personally hate bragging about stuff like this, and I totally agree with Achebe that we Igbos should operate silently. wink

Lagos despite being a Yoruba state, ruled by Yoruba economy dominated by Yoruba we even offered to take it away.

If we add lagos to Yoruba stakes that means Igbos would drown in poverty.

Suffice to say all the SW are non Oil revenue o

You Igbos would always be third fiddle, Whether in Politics, Business, Billionaires and everything

8 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 20, 2012
This man is overrated! He's always seeking attention! Please, somebody should shut him up!

I don't admire him that much. He has repeatedly be accused of this inordinate inferiority complex and one of the reasons he can't get a Noble Prize is clear in his beliefs - arrogant and trouble-making life are the best ways out. He can't move with the changing society. I hate people who carry on with old mentality.

2 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 20, 2012
alj harem:

[size=18pt]AM A SOUTHERNER AS WELL FROM LAGOS !!!!![/size] Awolowo would/will and forever be the best thing that ever happened to the west including Edo and delta. I don't care about the war since you don't care. You don't care to blame Ojukwu and his likes that caused a war.

Nnamdi accuse Yorubas but forgetting when he said Igbos would colonise Yorubas

Guy abeg make una leave us Edos out of una tribal wars, we are watching with passive interest the verbal missiles being thrown from east to west & vice versa. We the Edos are independent and peace loving people and will not be seduced to take sides...

2 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by idowuswap: 3:40pm On Oct 20, 2012
Bcuz of their thieve behavior useless people
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 20, 2012
+10,000
alj harem:

thank you, the dude is an ideeiot and the funny but sad part of it all is that these Igbo people are following him like goats without a mind of their own.

Can a white, hausa, yoruba, chinese etc man say the same thing without being called to order by the UN and "war insightful statement". Thank God Nigerians are just to level headed and mature if not a another civil war would have been burring
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by Onlytruth(m): 3:42pm On Oct 20, 2012
dayokanu:

Stop r@ping your women like the ABSU 5

Stop killing your women like Cynthia Osukogu

Stop r@pinnng your grandmothers like they do in Enugu

Stop molesting underaged girls like Ojuku did to Bianca

Igbos stop these ignoble acts

Your frustration is showing already. cheesy cheesy

I show you statistics about female literacy in Nigeria which show Igbo areas beating you into the ground. I am sure you will soon pull newspaper clips of crimes in Igbo areas, but conceal your own crimes.
There are Igbo brothers who would take you up on that fight; not Onlytruth.

I am more interested in things than sane folks can relate to. Sorry dude.
BTW your statistics vindicates Achebe.
Daalu. cheesy wink cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by Onlytruth(m): 3:44pm On Oct 20, 2012
dayokanu:

Lagos despite being a Yoruba state, ruled by Yoruba economy dominated by Yoruba we even offered to take it away.

If we add lagos to Yoruba stakes that means Igbos would drown in poverty.

Suffice to say all the SW are non Oil revenue o

You Igbos would always be third fiddle, Whether in Politics, Business, Billionaires and everything

Ruled by Yoruba man. Yes.
Economy DOMINATED by Yoruba. NOPE. wink
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by dayokanu(m): 3:44pm On Oct 20, 2012
Onlytruth:

I show you statistics about female literacy in Nigeria which show Igbo areas beating you into the ground. I am sure you will soon pull newspaper clips of crimes in Igbo areas, but conceal your own crimes.

What makes you Igbos denigrate women so much.

Rappe then kill them. Sell them as Pr0st1tutes?

2 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by manbuchai: 3:45pm On Oct 20, 2012
Achebe said the truth,but Nigeria is not a country where truth prevails.I have made out time to examine why Nigeria as a country is on the floor.It is because the Igbos are relegated to the background after the civil war.I do believe that there is no way the country can develop/advance without the igbos,they are too intelligent,hardworking,scientifically and technologically advanced to be ignored.Had Nigeria tapped in their engeniuty we would have been competing with the likes of Japan,China etc.But the problem of the black man is envy and hatred,because other ethnic nationalities encounters the igbo man on a regular basis they fail to celeberate or appreciate their worth.
If you have so much hatred for the igbo people why not allow them to have their own country.You detest them yet you would not let them opt out of Nigeria.It is disgusting the way other ethnic groups react each time an issue concerning the igbos comes up.Sometimes i question God why he lumped us together with these other tribes that hates us so much,but my consolation is we are a blessed people.Fully capable to fight against those that comes against us,we equally reciprocates any act of love shown to us.May God continue to guard the tribe of GAD the seventh son of Jacob.

5 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 20, 2012
Why Nigerians hate igbo

Who are nigerians,who are igbos
It seems this topic is contradicting itself or better still,I will say achebe is contradicting himself

Are igbos different from Nigerians
Are igbos not part of Nigeria

So why Igbos hate igbos....tell me
Why are we hating ourselves

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by fio(m): 3:45pm On Oct 20, 2012
[quote
author=nwabobo]Though what Achebe said is the truth, some things are
better not said especially by an elder statesman like him. Even since
the advent of democracyin 1999, every sane Nigerian will agree that most
of the ministries and parastatals that have performed creditably are
those under Igbo leadership especially our women. It's not out of place
to say that until Nigeria acknowledges the potentials of an Igbo led
leadership and tap into such, the country shall continue to grope in the
dark.[/quote]

do u acknowledge the potentials in other tribe? NO....too proud......their should be mutual respect, if u wanna get, first learn to give.
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 20, 2012
Onlytruth:

So that now explains morality? Academic education is not an exchange for common sense. That Igbo are arrogant in all areas of life is a fact.
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 20, 2012
This dude was doing well writting CHILDREN's bed time storybooks. He has bitten more than he can chew taking on an intellectual subject.
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by T9ksy(m): 3:46pm On Oct 20, 2012
Policewoman: Yes, the hausas had every right to avenge the deaths of their premiers, though i dont sanction their methods. Even Sanus said that the Yorubas are the problem of Nigeria. They are neither here nor there. Only changing like chameleons to suit their selfish ends. Castrated cowards.

Oh sorry o! Pele, ma binu o! Don't mind those dumb yorubas, ojare. Little did they know that the ibos expected them to change

their positions to complement ibos nefarious and selfish agenda. Dat na ibo sense that we have come to now know as, "Iboism"!

Only the ibos would tag a group "Tribalists" if this group resist ibo's surreptious attempt to subjugate and dominate them.

Iboism at its finest!!!

Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by ichidodo: 3:47pm On Oct 20, 2012
I LOVE THIS GAME.
Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by Onlytruth(m): 3:47pm On Oct 20, 2012
dayokanu:

What makes you Igbos denigrate women so much.

Rappe then kill them. Sell them as Pr0st1tutes?

Err my statistics say we actually respect and advance them more than you can ever dream of.

We:
We marry ONE wife.
We send females to school more.
Advance our females careerwise -corporate, politics, etc.

YOU:
You marry >3 wives.
You use your wives for gbomo gbomo
You block your females from holding political offices (actually you kill them if they try)

Actually You are scared of women! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by bjdon: 3:48pm On Oct 20, 2012
Feelings of ethnic superiority has been the downfall of many 'great' empires and nations. It is a real shame that a many of Achebe's intellect could stoop to such a lowe level. Then again there were many intellectual titans in both the Nazi and South African white govt. I am not a Yoruba or Hausa, but I must say in this case I totally stand with them. What we don't need in Nigeria of 2012 is any kind of ethnic superiority claims.
How we would feel if a well known and influential white writer came out to make claims about white's being superior to blacks? We would be up in arms and full of rage and disgust. In this case all right thinking people must feel no less. Shame on you Prof Achebe

12 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by mrperfect(m): 3:50pm On Oct 20, 2012
When a man like this writes or speaks attention should be paid to glad much information as much as one can, as isn't writing to get contract from any body or win award from Nigeria.

What I observe here is Nigeria as a country isn't really moving forward, what is the cause, isn't our obligation as a young nigeria to search the cause of this malady.One of ways to get this insight is through a man like this who has be in and out Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo by oneeast: 3:52pm On Oct 20, 2012
Does that explain why AWOLOLO committed suicide..?

Why did AWOLOLO commit suicide if the greatest African celebrity Achebe is lying..

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

"Sowore Omoyele Will Go To Jail": Dino Melaye (Photos) / 2019: Non-indigenes Leave Kano Ahead Of Polls / My Sacking, Miscarriage Of Justice — Dino Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.