Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

What's Your Take On Court Marriage? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's Your Take On Court Marriage? (10639 Views)

Why Are Ladies Going For Court Marriage Than Men? / Can Lack Of Trust Make A Lady Insist On Court Marriage? / When Your Fiancee Is Insisting On Court Weeding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by Sagamite(m): 10:58am On Oct 23, 2012
mondi_cheeks:
im comparing them to customary marriages.

Now I am getting confused. undecided

I want a comparison between court and church marriage?

Why are some people here saying they are scared of the former? What disadvantage does it have in comparison to the latter?
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by nasty45(m): 12:19pm On Oct 23, 2012
in church marriage there is no jurisdiction as unto the sharing of the husby's properties as against court marriage
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by Sagamite(m): 12:20pm On Oct 23, 2012
nasty45: in church marriage there is no jurisdiction as unto the sharing of the husby's properties as against court marriage

Okay, we are now on track.

Are you saying men that marry in churches in Nigeria can just walk away if they choose after divorce?
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 23, 2012
nasty45: in church marriage there is no jurisdiction as unto the sharing of the husby's properties as against court marriage
but u sign a marriage contract which is in accordance to law, the same document u would sign in court
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by Enice(m): 1:02pm On Oct 23, 2012
for your marriage to be recognised as legal in nigeria, be it through court, native, or church, you must register it in a marriage registry at any L.G.A of your choice. So don't be fooled. You have to go through a court to divorce your spouse.
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by dBard: 3:19pm On Oct 23, 2012
candieangel12: Before I marry a guy he has 2 propose 2 me in this way:

Take me out 2 a nice candle lit dinner with roses and wine and champagne. After eating the dinner we go 4 a nice long walk on the beach with the sun smiling down on us. We will be barefooted and holding hands. When I get tired of walking then he will carry me in his arms until we reach the skydiving place. Then we get on the skydiving plane and jump out of the plane and both of us land on our feet in a nice field. On the field there will be roses on the ground spelling out "i luv u". N there will b a band playin sum romantic music. N then I turn around 2 face him n he is already kneeling down with a ring in his hand n he says "babe, we have been together thru thick and thin, we have had our ups and downs, but one thing is certain, I want to spend the rest of my life wit you, will u make me d luckiest man on earth by marryin me?" N then I will start crying and say "Yes my love yes" then he will put the ring on my finger, hug n kiss me. N the band is still playin music so we dance a lil bit n then head home 4 a nice round of fukcn. That is my perfect proposal....hopefully ill meet a guy that will agree to all these conditions. Lol grin

After every every then we fit go 2 court n do court wedding.

weed dreams undecided lipsrsealed
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 23, 2012
Sagamite:

Okay, we are now on track.

Are you saying men that marry in churches in Nigeria can just walk away if they choose after divorce?
I think that's the general [wrong] perception, which would explain why people think it's less stringent than a 'court' wedding. I guess it boils down to ignorance of the law.
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 23, 2012
candieangel12: Before I marry a guy he has 2 propose 2 me in this way:

Take me out 2 a nice candle lit dinner with roses and wine and champagne. After eating the dinner we go 4 a nice long walk on the beach with the sun smiling down on us. We will be barefooted and holding hands. When I get tired of walking then he will carry me in his arms until we reach the skydiving place. Then we get on the skydiving plane and jump out of the plane and both of us land on our feet in a nice field. On the field there will be roses on the ground spelling out "i luv u". N there will b a band playin sum romantic music. N then I turn around 2 face him n he is already kneeling down with a ring in his hand n he says "babe, we have been together thru thick and thin, we have had our ups and downs, but one thing is certain, I want to spend the rest of my life wit you, will u make me d luckiest man on earth by marryin me?" N then I will start crying and say "Yes my love yes" then he will put the ring on my finger, hug n kiss me. N the band is still playin music so we dance a lil bit n then head home 4 a nice round of fukcn. That is my perfect proposal....hopefully ill meet a guy that will agree to all these conditions. Lol grin

After every every then we fit go 2 court n do court wedding.
Jus pray ur parachutes open I once witnessed a person dying becos his parachute refused to open...hahaha I love this
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by nasty45(m): 6:10pm On Oct 24, 2012
mondi_cheeks:
but u sign a marriage contract which is in accordance to law, the same document u would sign in court
u sayin church document and court document are same?av u seen both?the underlyin factor hr is the splittin of the properties by half,pls tel me,is that stated in the church's/l.g.a registry?
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Oct 24, 2012
nasty45: u sayin church document and court document are same?av u seen both?the underlyin factor hr is the splittin of the properties by half,pls tel me,is that stated in the church's/l.g.a registry?
u sign in accordance to the same law
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Oct 24, 2012
I thought court marriages are for black nigerians seeking Green-cards (when they get married to their white-women) and for peeps with little or no money for church marriages and the rest. What's these drags all about?
Must we argue about everything on NL? undecided
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by erico2k2(m): 2:02pm On Oct 25, 2012
Beync: court marriage is in accordance with the law of the land. People who fear court marriage becos they do not want to share properties with the partner in the case of divorce and people who want court marriage so as to share properties in case of divorce are ignorant of their civic responsibilities
. Ur marriage is not recognized by any authority unless it is registered. a copy of nigerin law is not costly.
so plz Im trying to get my head round thos.why is ot called marriage and have you attended one?was it held anywhere near a court of law or where there lawyers amd magistrates involved?
Are we not talking aboit signing the marriage cert on a council seceteriat?
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by amimi(f): 8:45pm On Oct 25, 2012
[/color][color=#770077]hahahahaha really fun here.buh come to think of it weda court,traditional or even white wedding can stop a union frm crashing. Everytin dey GOD hand.
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Oct 25, 2012
Court marriage is so 4kin necessary, a must,so wats d noise bout
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by nasty45(m): 2:16pm On Oct 26, 2012
queen_labisi: Court marriage is so 4kin necessary, a must,so wats d noise bout
the ish here is,not every guy is cool wit it.we c it as tho a woman's immunity,meaning she can threaten u wit it if there's any misunderstandin....i mean some educated girls think so...
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by inuyasha01(m): 9:57am On Nov 28, 2012
[quote author=candieangel12]Before I marry a guy he has 2 propose 2 me in this way:

remember we are not living in an utopian life
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by iceh2o(f): 8:14pm On Aug 28, 2014
jhydebaba: The reason is not far fetched, as a man if u allow ur woman to sweet talk u into court marriage u've just succeeded in signing ur death warrant all by urself. Women use it to bind their husband and share a largesse if things eventually goes round.
. that is very true.but its d only remedy 4 selfish n ungr8tful men
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by nasty45(m): 3:54pm On May 25, 2015
iceh2o:
. that is very true.but its d only remedy 4 selfish n ungr8tful men
selfish u say? That preconceived notion from the female gender

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Enhance Your Sexual Performance With Samsu Oil. / Ladies Dont Lie..who Would U Chose? / A Deeper Life Man Came With His Church Member To Fvck After Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.