Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,215 members, 7,829,357 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Lies We Have Told Our Parents - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lies We Have Told Our Parents (13112 Views)

Famous Lies We Tell / Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other / Things Our Parents/guardians/elders Did That Was Wrong Back Then (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by mkmyers45(m): 4:09pm On Oct 22, 2012
Ah Good old days.

Pretending to have headache so as to avoid going to school and because i believed that a sick person would find it difficult to eat, I would refuse to eat but my mum would beg and force me to eat, i go dey chop the food small small till i finish am and then hide the pill she gave me under my tongue or in the sofa, the headache usually disappears after first period at school, by that time she no go say make i go school again that day.

Sneaking to watch movie with the volume at 0 in the mid night, na picture we go just dey look till we tire, kai small children sense grin

I sabi dodge church well well when i small, i always found a way to make sure i don't go, sometimes it worked and most times my mum would rather die than let me stay at home no matter how hard i tried.

3 Likes

Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by salam001(m): 4:11pm On Oct 22, 2012
I AV NEVER LIED IN MY WHOLE LIFE

1 Like

Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by mkmyers45(m): 4:12pm On Oct 22, 2012
My dad is a very strict man, "i mean he doesn't take nonsense frm anyone" he forbids us to speak pidgin English and to say "god punish you" One day after a fight wit my elder sister my dad came back home and got d news frm our youngest sista his "best child" he called I and my Sister as we were explaining wat led us to fighting we both mistakenly spoke pidgin English and dat doubled our punishment, my dad angrily went to get a very long cain as we ran into our room to double our skirt and my polo so dat even if he gives us 24lashes tongue**no shaking** but one day he caught us and changed our punishment to pick pin..only dose who served dis punishment knows how painful it is!
and more like pretending to have stomach ache to skip school and many more i can't remember.
Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by mkmyers45(m): 4:13pm On Oct 22, 2012
anytime a visitor give us money, all f us usually have a save-(kolo), which we normally put d money,i form dis habit of not completely putting d money in, so anytime i feel like buying junks i will just pull d money up and spend without anybody knowing and these money are usually used to buy extra thing 4 us during xmas period, so when it was a day b4 mum would demand d "kolo", i broke mine intentionally and pretended not knowing anything has happened,so d D-day, when we were all asked to bring our "kolo" i came back screaming dt d kolo had been broken by smbody else and d monies taken away, my mum beat all my siblings exept me with d notion dt they will confess. She didnt beat me because of dis adage "eni to nwa nkan nikan lara e mo"meaning its not possible 4 someone to steal his own thing, d4, i was exonerated, till today, dt was how d whole issue died.
Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by micki83(m): 4:13pm On Oct 22, 2012
Funny stuff,lol.I once heard about a secondary skool student who told his illiterate parents that the skool told everyone to bring money in order to carry out photosynthesis in the biology class.not knowing any better,of course d parents gave him d photosynthesis fees.
pasqal88: A colleague of mine back in high school went home and told his parents who wia illiterates that he broke the amoeba in the biology lab and the photosynthesis inside escaped and the school is asking him to pay for it. grin grin
Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by Bunchersstab(m): 4:13pm On Oct 22, 2012
I collect my school fees 4 three different places....
Secondary school sweet no b small
Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by mkmyers45(m): 4:14pm On Oct 22, 2012
To me what I did was not just a trick but a crime. As a secondary school boy consumed by the urge to drive before my time, I (alongside my cousin) attempted to drive one of our cars after popsy had gone out. We didn't pass the gate and the front (right hand side)of the car had been bashed already. Choiiiii. To make matters worse, it wasn't upto 2weeks before this time that the car was repainted after an initial accident. Hmmmmm.
Telling 'Papa' wasnt an option.....it was equal to suicide. Fixing the car was a better idea in our sight and believe it or not, we did. The way money appeared was miraculous. I just knw we coughed out the money...with offerings from our neighbor dat initially opened the gate n concerned friends in d hood. As God would have it, my parents went for evening church service giving us enough time to complete or mischief. More importantly, the fact that car paint was new was a blessing cos by the time we were through, the difference wasn't obvious. Incidentally, the panel-beater/painter we got was d same guy that had worked on the car 2 weeks earlier. Of course, we had him to thank for his maximum cooperation.
Till today, this deed is stil unknown....or so I think. My dad in blessed memory must have found out when he transcended to the realm where nothing is hidden.
God bless his Soul.

3 Likes

Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by Smartiegurl(f): 4:34pm On Oct 22, 2012
Hahahahaha, u caught him red handed
acidosis™:

you just lied
Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by Saintsquare(m): 4:35pm On Oct 22, 2012
Buziness was cool in secondary school,PTA levy,exam fee and question paper fee.
Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by Princeojua(m): 4:39pm On Oct 22, 2012
God Forgive me. I have Lied to my Dad/Mum since in Primary Six to University. Because my Dad/Mum never followed me to School or come to my School a Single Day. So if my Fee's is N5,000. I will tell them N8,000, if my House Rent is N25,000 i double it. Because Money was never their problem as well as going to my School to Ask is a waist of Time for them.
Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by Saintsquare(m): 4:42pm On Oct 22, 2012
bolakale30: I once lied that I was being forced into homosexuality in order to make my parents take me away 4rm a boarding house in Abeokuta, If you know Baptist Boys High School, u will no sey boys dey suffer 4 hostel, the food was only fit 4 prisoners, and the seniors' bullying is a story for another day. They changed me pah pah pah... Without doubting me. It was one hell of a lie that I enjoyed
BBHS na rugged skool o,NULLI SECONDUS
Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by onimcee1(m): 4:54pm On Oct 22, 2012
I once lied to my mum wen I was in sss3 dat we have been asked to pay #500 4 waec subjects uploading fee. This was during d 3rd day of resumption wen I have not even resumed so unfortunate d next day my mum went to ma cousins' scul to pay dere fee nd he met my principal. He asked my mum y i have not resumed, my mum told him dat i have resumed and even paid d #500 he asked us to pay. The principal quickly told my mum he never asked us to pay any money. My mum collected back her money and d principal announced it in class a week later. Thank God anoda girl did d same tin so we were two.

1 Like

Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by seuntola: 4:55pm On Oct 22, 2012
[quote author=mkmyers45][/quote] now yhu made pple ova here think av gone crazie...I laff so tey I pay conductor 1000 forget my change,,ahn ahn..chai!!!
Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by omocheche(f): 5:09pm On Oct 22, 2012
When i was in JSS2, after school my mum will not let me out again and i had my childhood friend whom we will just want to go out stroll round and have fun but our mothers will not allow us. one day we wanted to go out and we did no what excuse to give them, so we planed, i will go to my friend's house she will pretend to want to see me off then we wil go to my own place i will do as if i want to see her off, so that was it we did that and went out that day, we went out and stay too long, we did not return on time by the time i came back my mum ask me were i have been i lied that when i got to my friend's house her mum sent us on an errand not knowing that my friend told the same lie to her parent too. they finally caught us my mum saw her mum 2dyas after then and ask her, my friend's mum was so suprise to hear that cos her daugther told the same lie and we were purnish very well for decieving them, alot of times stuff like that happened it was really fun u no, i just wantd freedom that no one was ready to give me then, i remenber what my mum us to say " u cant have this privilege aslong as u are still under me dear" and it use to hurt me but thank God for my mum.
Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 22, 2012
[quote author=mkmyers45][/quote]

rolling on d floor!
Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 22, 2012
Many Of 'em Lies -- Esp 'Mum Can I Please Buy something Over there?' grin
Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by Odunnu: 5:22pm On Oct 22, 2012
Foxybone: ;DI can't remember all the lies I told but I sure can remember this one.

I had met a complete stranger on the road who had asked me for my name and if y'all could remember, those days in Kano state, you don't give people your name for fear of ritual. I did not, I gave him another name, which he accepted happily. I was on my way to mama's shop when it happened.

Lo and behold, I returned home and met the same man in my house, he was an uncle and since then, he had always called me the name I gave to him with an acronym attached to it... "Lie Lie Foxy".... I was always ashamed each time he comes visiting but I am now a big boy, should he call me that again, I will tell him my church mind.... grin grin grin
Hahahahahahaha, I can relate with this one very well.
grin
Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by Rooneyboy(m): 5:28pm On Oct 22, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Me - *Crying like crazy at the injustice*It wasn't me! I didn't hit his face with the can, it was his face that hit the can in my hand. It was his fault!

Dad - Huh??!

d person wey u claim say na him use him head hit the can na footballer him be
Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 22, 2012
mkmyers45 needs a lying meter angry

1 Like

Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by Foxybone(m): 5:33pm On Oct 22, 2012
Odunnu:
Hahahahahahaha, I can relate with this one very well.
grin

Are you also from Kano?
Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by bolakale30(m): 5:37pm On Oct 22, 2012
Saintsquare: BBHS na rugged skool o,NULLI SECONDUS

Brother God bless you... SECOND TO NONE
Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by Odunnu: 5:46pm On Oct 22, 2012
Foxybone:

Are you also from Kano?
Yes o.
Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by Rooneyboy(m): 5:50pm On Oct 22, 2012
Oh boi lie don too much sotay I no fit remember any 1
Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by Foxybone(m): 5:51pm On Oct 22, 2012
Odunnu:
Yes o.

Na today of all days you come find me... E don tay wey I dey search for you... Are you a mod now??
Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 22, 2012
Ujujoan:

His parents must have been illiterates!
which school did yr fucking parentz go to? tongue angry
Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 22, 2012
I inflate my school fees frm secondary school till i graduated frm d university. and thats becos ma dad gives d schhol fez without arguement but he doesnt give enuf pocket money to sustain me and those hungry babez out there waiting on me (man must f**K). so i use d exces in school feez to augument dah pocket money. now am a graduate, xo i tell no liez except when i want to get laid.
Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by valicious1(m): 6:01pm On Oct 22, 2012
I rememba dose days in govt. College owerri 1997 one teacher we nicknamed isimbe(tortoise head) was givin us wahala in school so I & my friends (5 of us) planned to beat him up on his way home. On the fateful day, as the man was going home through a pathway we all jumped out from the bush with our faces all covered about to pounce on isimbe, as d man take see me call my name na wetin I neva understand uptill dis moment. I left my other gang & ran like hell with others following 4rm behind. For 4days I avoided school. On the 5th day na wen my oldman rememba say I neva go school since.
Popsi: y u node go skul again?
Me: we re on strike
Popsi: since when? Other state schools de go skul why only una come dey strike?
Me: na internal strike sir
Popsi: who declare d strike?
Me: teachers
Popsi: against wetin?
Me: against principal
Popsi: wetin principal do
Me: im no wan pay dem salary
Popsi: anuofia! Na principal de pay salary abi government?
Me: govt. Pay but our principal chop am
Popsi: de dia de mumu ursef, u & ur useless friends wan go beat teacher abi. De don gv u suspension & I go make sure say u dey 3years 4 house b4 I give u moni 4 WAEC. Ewu
Me: jesus! Who come tell u!

4 Likes

Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 22, 2012
valicious1: I rememba dose days in govt. College owerri 1997 one teacher we nicknamed isimbe(tortoise head) was givin us wahala in school so I & my friends (5 of us) planned to beat him up on his way home. On the fateful day, as the man was going home through a pathway we all jumped out from the bush with our faces all covered about to pounce on isimbe, as d man take see me call my name na wetin I neva understand uptill dis moment. I left my other gang & ran like hell with others following 4rm behind. For 4days I avoided school. On the 5th day na wen my oldman rememba say I neva go school since.
Popsi: y u node go skul again?
Me: we re on strike
Popsi: since when? Other state schools de go skul why only una come dey strike?
Me: na internal strike sir
Popsi: who declare d strike?
Me: teachers
Popsi: against wetin?

Me: against principal
Popsi: wetin principal do
Me: im no wan pay dem salary
Popsi: anuofia! Na principal de pay salary abi government?
Me: govt. Pay but our principal chop am
Popsi: de dia de mumu ursef, u & ur useless friends wan go beat teacher abi. De don gv u suspension & I go make sure say u dey 3years 4 house b4 I give u moni 4 WAEC. Ewu
Me: jesus! Who come tell u!
very funny.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 22, 2012
i buy textbooks every 2 weeks, exercise books every week,
all thanks to numerous subjects available

"my physics note has finished"

i thought you bought that last week

"no ma, that was chemistry"

i did all that to my grandma who passed away last month at age 109
love u & RIP ma.
Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by Thereishel: 6:07pm On Oct 22, 2012
GOD HAVE FORGIVEN ME because I HAVE REPENTED OF MY SINS. WHEN I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL I TOLD MY PARENT DAT I WANTED TO BUY 4 BOOKS INSTEAD OF ONE. GUESS WAT? DIC, TIO,, NA, RY! Lol! DICTIONARY
Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 22, 2012
salam001: I AV NEVER LIED IN MY WHOLE LIFE
this is a blatant lie.... angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What New Discovery Did You Make This Year? / How Has January To November 2021 Been So Far? / * Misshoree is not dead ooo!! may thunder fire Hopelink1★

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.