Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,378 members, 7,954,535 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:32 PM

Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 (18055 Views)

And Who Said Nigerian Men Aren't Sexy? / 8 Reasons Why Men Aren't Eager To Get Married / Who Said Men Aren't Bootylicious (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by MrsChima(f): 11:07pm On Oct 23, 2012
ikekings: How did you know? cheesy cheesy cheesy...

I have a way with Igbo men. wink
Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by ikekings(m): 11:09pm On Oct 23, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

I have a way with Igbo men. wink
You sure do momma...
Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by achukwunet(f): 12:39am On Oct 24, 2012
Just to make it clear everyone i have dated men but none said any of these things!!!
Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by Adeks(m): 3:18am On Oct 24, 2012
achukwunet: Just to make it clear everyone i have dated men but none said any of these things!!!
Ok. nd u're saying this bcoooosss... ? wink wink wink smiley smiley
Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by Nobody: 3:28am On Oct 24, 2012
I agree with OP to an extent. Nigerian men aren't known for being romantic. They surely aren't the Italian or Latin lovers stereotyped on tv and other forms of media. I don't have a beef with Nigerian men. Lawd knows I luv em cool

With that said, some of them do have recycled pickup lines. I have heard the cockroach and sugar/tea lines. I have heard tomato jos countless times. I was even someone's corned beef in his moin moin. I admire their confidence, however, it would be nice if some of them got to know who exactly they were toasting before giving/asking for personal information. I'm sure if the cheap lines, popped collars, and "Guccy" glasses were minimized, and they put more effort into getting to know a person on more levels than physical, then girls and women would be more receptive and find them more romantic. In essence, be yourself! That goes for both guys and girls.

OP: You usually have to reject a bunch of guys before you find that special one. There's nothing wrong with that. Never settle for less when it comes to finding a partner. Most Nigerian women have heard those lines or similar at one point in their lives. There are romantic ones out there. They're always harder to find, so be patient.

PS - Some of you were harsh on OP. She's not the first to generalize, nor will she be the last. Una never tire for attacking OPs rather than stating opinions and advising? undecided
Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by Adeks(m): 3:33am On Oct 24, 2012
fairygeh: . LÓl,u aint serious,dat was a joke tongue
Don't mind me jare smiley *looks to d right nd left nd whispers* 'u know d thread itself is a joke' lol.
Mynd_44: huh?
hm! wink wink
Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by Mynd44: 3:37am On Oct 24, 2012
See as Ogugua fall hand, so a lot of Nigerians are not romantic abi?
Chai. See dulling, downgrading and outrightly bad PR
Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by Nobody: 3:38am On Oct 24, 2012
Mynd_44: See as Ogugua fall hand, so a lot of Nigerians are not romantic abi?

You're putting words in my mouth...
Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by Nobody: 3:44am On Oct 24, 2012
Mynd_44: See as Ogugua fall hand, so a lot of Nigerians are not romantic abi?
She's only supporting her cuz.

I would like to believe she doesn't actually feel that way grin grin
Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by Adeks(m): 3:45am On Oct 24, 2012
Ok. lemme be serious 4 once... do naija MEN use such 'pick up lines' or naija BOYS
Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by Mynd44: 3:46am On Oct 24, 2012
ogugua88:

You're putting words in my mouth...
I swear what I typed was even less hurtful than what you typed
"Nigerian men are not known to be romantic"
**crying**
she don spoil swag. Chai all those girls will want to dump us for them Latinos now.
I hope you realise I am joking
Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by Mynd44: 3:47am On Oct 24, 2012
Shollypopz:
She's only supporting her cuz.

I would like to believe she doesn't actually feel that way grin grin
But do you think "we" are romantic? Please say/type yes
Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by MrsChima(f): 3:51am On Oct 24, 2012
Oh lawd Oguga! Ruuhhhhhhhhhhhhnnnnnnn!
Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by Mynd44: 3:54am On Oct 24, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
Sholly, can you see what I am scared of?
Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by Nobody: 3:55am On Oct 24, 2012
Mynd_44:
Sholly, can you see what I am scared of?
What are u scared of??
Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by Mynd44: 4:01am On Oct 24, 2012
Shollypopz:
What are u scared of??
That because of Ogugua's comment, Nigerian men will be laughed at, discriminated against, burnt, jailed, tortures, killed and these will continue until we are extinct
Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by Nobody: 4:03am On Oct 24, 2012
Mynd_44:
That because of Ogugua's comment, Nigerian men will be laughed at, discriminated against, burnt, jailed, tortures, killed and these will continue until we are extinct
na wa for you o.
Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by Nobody: 4:04am On Oct 24, 2012
Mynd_44:
lol @ Mynd, LMAO!! grin grin grin

What one comment can do, rit?? LoL
Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by Nobody: 4:04am On Oct 24, 2012
Mynd, for you of all people to suffer comprehension problems, I am disappointed lol. I said Nigerian men are not KNOWN for being romantic. I said I agree with the OP to AN EXTENT. I didn't say Nigerian men aren't romantic. That's a generalization.

Kai, na you be dis? sad
Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by Nobody: 4:07am On Oct 24, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

To where? From who? Lol
Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by Mynd44: 4:09am On Oct 24, 2012
Shollypopz:
lol @ Mynd, LMAO!! grin grin grin

What one comment can do, rit?? LoL
Very soon, you will be seeing Ghanians carrying fo'rks and torches to attack us
Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by Mynd44: 4:11am On Oct 24, 2012
ogugua88: Mynd, for you of all people to suffer comprehension problems, I am disappointed lol. I said Nigerian men are not KNOWN for being romantic. I said I agree with the OP to AN EXTENT. I didn't say Nigerian men aren't romantic. That's a generalization.

Kai, na you be dis? sad
bla bla bla.
I don't know why y'all are taking me serious
Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by Nobody: 4:13am On Oct 24, 2012
Mynd_44: bla bla bla.
I don't know why y'all are taking me serious

You saw your error. That's why you're no longer serious. Lol.
Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by MrsChima(f): 4:13am On Oct 24, 2012
ogugua88:

To where? From who? Lol

Safety and from Nigerian men! Mynd is already protesting!
Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by Mynd44: 4:17am On Oct 24, 2012
Mynd_44:
I swear what I typed was even less hurtful than what you typed
"Nigerian men are not known to be romantic"
**crying**
she don spoil swag. Chai all those girls will want to dump us for them Latinos now.
I hope you realise I am joking
ogugua88:

You saw your error. That's why you're no longer serious. Lol.
Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by Mynd44: 4:18am On Oct 24, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Safety and from Nigerian men! Mynd is already protesting!
#occupy ogugua's room

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by Nobody: 4:24am On Oct 24, 2012
I'll get my fada.
Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by Mynd44: 4:26am On Oct 24, 2012
ogugua88: I'll get my fada.
Considering that he is Nigerian and you just said there is a possibility he is not romantic, he will be too busy trying to keep his babe(mum I hope)
that was also a joke. I no fit fight oo
Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by Adeks(m): 4:29am On Oct 24, 2012
seriously lol-ing. esp @ #occupy ogugua's room
Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by Mynd44: 4:31am On Oct 24, 2012
Adeks: seriously lol-ing. esp @ #occupy ogugua's room
I knew that's the one that will get you laughing. You wan see room wey you no pay for
Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by Nobody: 4:33am On Oct 24, 2012
Mynd no well lol.
Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by Mynd44: 4:34am On Oct 24, 2012
ogugua88: Mynd no well lol.
That's what golden morn does to me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lounge For Newcomers/passive Members On Romanceland / Why Can't Men Be Straightforward With Girls? / Nigerian Girls Are Now Using This On Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.