Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

My Boyfriend Has 2 Mobile Phones - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Has 2 Mobile Phones (6085 Views)

Ways To Know Your Boyfriend Has No Future Ambition / My Boyfriend Has Finished Me!!! / My Boyfriend Has Hurt Me So Bad! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boyfriend Has 2 Mobile Phones by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 25, 2012
Hi everybody,

I've a little question: I'm in a long distance relationship with my boyfriend (France/Nigeria but we were in the same country before) and I found out yesterday that he's using 2 different cell phones. I found out because I called him and his cousin picked up the phone, telling me she was using it because she needed to be in contact with her family in UK. Anyway, she told me my boyfriend went to a friend's house and that he has his other phone.

I think he might be using his iphone with me and his BB with others. I have other numbers that he used in the past months (one of them he told me he gave it to his sister) but never tried to call them since he told me this was his number.

What do you think it means? A common Nigerian friend told me it's not a big deal in Nigeria to have 2 cell phones and that I shouldn't worry about that. But to me it seems that having a second mobile phone is the best way to cheat without being caught. Also he claims to love me, to miss me and that he wants to be with me, but then in action he doesn't really do anything. I used to get mad at him because he wasn't answering the phone or replying to texts (we kinda were fighting over something) and then his cousin got angry at him and told that he should reply to me. Then for a week he was replying to texts and calls. But now he's not really answering, neither replying to texts. He always give me excuses like "I forgot my phone at home" and "my little sister was playing with the phone" when I told him that a girl answered my call and hung up on me. He's always telling me that he's very busy and so on. So, it's very hard for me to trust him and to think he's committed to our relationship as he claims.

Am I being paranoied, do I worry too much, or do you think he's hiding something from me?
Re: My Boyfriend Has 2 Mobile Phones by skydeep(f): 12:31pm On Oct 25, 2012
Now lets be rational, are u actually telling us the type of phones your boyfriend uses? Or u are surprised because he uses two phones? undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Has 2 Mobile Phones by Odunnu: 12:32pm On Oct 25, 2012
Quite a number of things to deal with here.
It is ridiculous if not outright foolish as a youth living and doing business in Nigeria to have just one cell phone. I mean, its that bad. You must have more than one. Some have 3 phones, some 4 and i'm not exaggerating
Re: My Boyfriend Has 2 Mobile Phones by skydeep(f): 12:36pm On Oct 25, 2012
Odunnu: Quite a number of things to deal with here.
It is ridiculous if not outright foolish as a youth living and doing business in Nigeria to have just one cell phone. I mean, its that bad. You must have more than one. Some have 3 phones, some 4 and i'm not exaggerating
but seriously, it is madness to have 3 to 4 phones grin.
Re: My Boyfriend Has 2 Mobile Phones by Odunnu: 12:36pm On Oct 25, 2012
Lol @ skydeep.
Well, as to the insecurity problem you have in your relationship- thats what I summarised your issue to be. Get to really relate with him. Drop the two phones theory. Get to know what this dude wants. Is it you or something else
Re: My Boyfriend Has 2 Mobile Phones by ITbomb(m): 12:36pm On Oct 25, 2012
No , he is not hiding anything from you . Rather he seem to have ran outta ideas to tell u respectfully that he is tired and he wants to move on.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Has 2 Mobile Phones by Odunnu: 12:37pm On Oct 25, 2012
skydeep:
Our telecom industry is a joke.
Its no madness
Re: My Boyfriend Has 2 Mobile Phones by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 25, 2012
Ok, I just didn't know that it was that common to have several phones in Nigeria.

I mentionned the type of phones because I know he has an Iphone (he actually bought it for me to play when I was at his house) and a BB. Anyway, it doesn't matter.

So ok, he has two phones, but why didn't he give me the number of the other phone?? I also have 2 phones because I'm working in Switzerland and live in France, but he knows both numbers.
Re: My Boyfriend Has 2 Mobile Phones by free2ryhme: 12:38pm On Oct 25, 2012
skydeep: Now lets be rational, are u actually telling us the type of phones your boyfriend uses? Or u are surprised because he uses two phones? undecided

the babe needs solution and you are here compounding the situation .. give her a break petty woman
Re: My Boyfriend Has 2 Mobile Phones by Nobody: 12:40pm On Oct 25, 2012
ITbomb: No , he is not hiding anything from you . Rather he seem to have ran outta ideas to tell u respectfully that he is tired and he wants to move on.

well, I've asked him quite a number of times if he wanted to break up because his attitude was telling me that he wasn't interested, but each time he told me no and that he loves me and that it's the distance that is bad.

We were engaged before and then I broke up with him, and we got back together. I know he wants to get married, but I want to take things slow and get to know his family better.

I'll try to talk to him about that. It's not that it bothers me that much, but combined with the other things it just increases my doubts and makes it more difficult to trust him.
Re: My Boyfriend Has 2 Mobile Phones by free2ryhme: 12:41pm On Oct 25, 2012
miss-sweety86:
Ok, I just didn't know that it was that common to have several phones in Nigeria.

I mentionned the type of phones because I know he has an Iphone (he actually bought it for me to play when I was at his house) and a BB. Anyway, it doesn't matter.

So ok, he has two phones, but why didn't he give me the number of the other phone?? I also have 2 phones because I'm working in Switzerland and live in France, but he knows both numbers.

babe dont mind dem ok .. they seems to ran out of reasonable solutions to tell u ..
Re: My Boyfriend Has 2 Mobile Phones by Idowuogbo(f): 12:41pm On Oct 25, 2012
miss-sweety86:
Hi everybody,

I've a little question: I'm in a long distance relationship with my boyfriend (France/Nigeria but we were in the same country before) and I found out yesterday that he's using 2 different cell phones. I found out because I called him and his cousin picked up the phone, telling me she was using it because she needed to be in contact with her family in UK. Anyway, she told me my boyfriend went to a friend's house and that he has his other phone.

I think he might be using his iphone with me and his BB with others. I have other numbers that he used in the past months (one of them he told me he gave it to his sister) but never tried to call them since he told me this was his number.

what do you think it means? A common Nigerian friend told me it's not a big deal in Nigeria to have 2 cell phones and that I shouldn't worry about that. But to me it seems that having a second mobile phone is the best way to cheat without being caught. Also he claims to love me, to miss me and that he wants to be with me, but then in action he doesn't really do anything. I used to get mad at him because he wasn't answering the phone or replying to texts (we kinda were fighting over something) and then his cousin got angry at him and told that he should reply to me. Then for a week he was replying to texts and calls. But now he's not really answering, neither replying to texts. He always give me excuses like "I forgot my phone at home" and "my little sister was playing with the phone" when I told him that a girl answered my call and hung up on me. He's always telling me that he's very busy and so on. So, it's very hard for me to trust him and to think he's committed to our relationship as he claims.

Am I being paranoied, do I worry too much, or do you think he's hiding something from me?
how ignorant!
Re: My Boyfriend Has 2 Mobile Phones by skydeep(f): 12:42pm On Oct 25, 2012
miss-sweety86:

So ok, he has two phones, but why didn't he give me the number of the other phone??
but since u can reach him with d other line, whats the point? Maybe he had other things bothering him at that time.
Re: My Boyfriend Has 2 Mobile Phones by Odunnu: 12:42pm On Oct 25, 2012
miss-sweety86:

He may not even know the number of the other line.
Now that sounds stupid but it could be true.
We have these many phones because we just want to communicate.
Some of the telecoms are just good for outgoing calls. If you get such, you wont bother knowing the number

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Has 2 Mobile Phones by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 25, 2012
ok.
anyway, if it's that common to have several mobile phones in Nigeria I understand. It's just something different from here. I mean, he changed numbers many times and have several phones but me I have been using the same number since I was 15 and I have 2 phones because of frequent travels. So, if it's common, I will just ask him why he didn't give me the other number.
Re: My Boyfriend Has 2 Mobile Phones by skydeep(f): 12:44pm On Oct 25, 2012
free2ryhme:

give her a break petty woman
hey watch it Mr loquacious. I hate to derail a thread
Re: My Boyfriend Has 2 Mobile Phones by Idowuogbo(f): 12:44pm On Oct 25, 2012
skydeep:
its not madness. na network problem, if 1 no go at least 2 odas go go na! grin grin grin
Re: My Boyfriend Has 2 Mobile Phones by free2ryhme: 12:45pm On Oct 25, 2012
miss-sweety86:

well, I've asked him quite a number of times if he wanted to break up because his attitude was telling me that he wasn't interested, but each time he told me no and that he loves me and that it's the distance that is bad.

We were engaged before and then I broke up with him, and we got back together. I know he wants to get married, but I want to take things slow and get to know his family better.

I'll try to talk to him about that. It's not that it bothers me that much, but combined with the other things it just increases my doubts and makes it more difficult to trust him.

Stay positive with the whole issue ..he might be going thru something he wants to keep to himself give him time he will come around and dont go about getting the idea that he wants a break-up
Re: My Boyfriend Has 2 Mobile Phones by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 25, 2012
Idowuogbo:
how ignorant!

I beg your pardon? Ignorant of what I'm not Nigerian and I've never been there, how am I supposed to know everything about life there?
Re: My Boyfriend Has 2 Mobile Phones by Idowuogbo(f): 12:46pm On Oct 25, 2012
miss-sweety86:
ok.
anyway, if it's that common to have several mobile phones in Nigeria I understand. It's just something different from here. I mean, he changed numbers many times and have several phones but me I have been using the same number since I was 15 and I have 2 phones because of frequent travels. So, if it's common, I will just ask him why he didn't give me the other number.
have u asked him dis same question?
Re: My Boyfriend Has 2 Mobile Phones by Idowuogbo(f): 12:47pm On Oct 25, 2012
miss-sweety86:

I beg your pardon? Ignorant of what I'm not Nigerian and I've never been there, how am I supposed to know everything about life there?
Next time dont assume. i called u ignorant based on ur assumptions,Deal with it!
Re: My Boyfriend Has 2 Mobile Phones by free2ryhme: 12:47pm On Oct 25, 2012
skydeep:
hey watch it Mr loquacious. I hate to derail a thread

hold ya tongue.. i think u have verbal diarrhoea
Re: My Boyfriend Has 2 Mobile Phones by skydeep(f): 12:49pm On Oct 25, 2012
free2ryhme:

hold ya tongue.. i think u have verbal diarrhoea
I can see derailing this thread is ur priority. Pls 4k off
Re: My Boyfriend Has 2 Mobile Phones by free2ryhme: 12:50pm On Oct 25, 2012
hey!!! make una leave the babe alone accuser of the brethren!!! Una wan kill her because she asked for advice
Re: My Boyfriend Has 2 Mobile Phones by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 25, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Next time dont assume. i called u ignorant based on ur assumptions,Deal with it!

I didn't assume anything, I came here to ask about that situation and just talked about what other people have told me.

No, I haven't asked him anything about that other phone yet because I haven't talked to him since yesterday.
Re: My Boyfriend Has 2 Mobile Phones by free2ryhme: 12:51pm On Oct 25, 2012
skydeep:
I can see derailing this thread is ur priority. Pls 4k off

it was urs and your intent was same as from the beginning.. Whisky Foxtrot Tango
Re: My Boyfriend Has 2 Mobile Phones by fairygeh(f): 12:52pm On Oct 25, 2012
@ poster,u aint ignorant dear,u just asking a question which aint a sin.@ topic,well,talk to him more and be sure u are what he wants if not please onto the next my dear smiley

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Has 2 Mobile Phones by skydeep(f): 12:54pm On Oct 25, 2012
free2ryhme:

it was urs and your intent was same as from the beginning.. Whisky Foxtrot Tango
frustrated Nephritis patient undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Has 2 Mobile Phones by free2ryhme: 12:54pm On Oct 25, 2012
fairygeh: @ poster,u aint ignorant dear,u just asking a question which aint a sin.@ topic,well,talk to him more and be sure u are what he wants if not please onto the next my dear smiley

gud .. see better pickin
Re: My Boyfriend Has 2 Mobile Phones by 190theclown: 12:54pm On Oct 25, 2012
what was the Topic about again
Re: My Boyfriend Has 2 Mobile Phones by free2ryhme: 12:55pm On Oct 25, 2012
skydeep:
frustrated Nephritis patient undecided

see ya life ..derailers

"Don't get the impression that you arouse my anger. You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." Richard Nixon
Re: My Boyfriend Has 2 Mobile Phones by free2ryhme: 12:55pm On Oct 25, 2012
190-the-clown:
what was the Topic about again

you are as you handle reads

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chei! This Girl Don Finish Guys Ohhh!! / You Come Back Early From Work, You Find Him In Bed With Your Wife/girlfriend(pic / Spending Money On A Girl Who Does not Like You. (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.