Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Do The People We Attract Tell Something About Us? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do The People We Attract Tell Something About Us? (6422 Views)

Whats With The People That Has " Awon Werey 100%"... On Their Siggy... / Why We're Nicer To Strangers Than The People We Love Most / People We Sometime Get Married To Are People We Vowed Not To Be Caught Dating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do The People We Attract Tell Something About Us? by LordReed(m): 8:31am On Oct 29, 2012
Could it be that something that in us that is not so obvious calls out to all the wrong, quirky people that we seem to be attracting? If you seem to be always attracting violent people maybe in you is something the makes violent people draw towards you. If you seem to always attract players and cheats maybe something in you makes you such a target.

What do you think?
Re: Do The People We Attract Tell Something About Us? by k2039: 8:45am On Oct 29, 2012
Not necessarily,I haave seen good girls date bad boys and I have seen bad girls date good boys
Re: Do The People We Attract Tell Something About Us? by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 29, 2012
I kinda concur. . .

You are oblivious to the kind of person you really are. You may say that you are this or you are that but in actuality, your subconscious actions which are more noticeable to the people around you will determine and draw them to you.

You may not notice their influence on you immediately because somehow, your way of thinking agrees with theirs so even if their influence is affecting you negatively, you would only notice it if someone who acts contrary to what, and the people you are used to, draws your attention to it.

Riff raffs are drawn to Riff raffs!

2 Likes

Re: Do The People We Attract Tell Something About Us? by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 29, 2012
Not necessarily who you attract, but who you choose.

1 Like

Re: Do The People We Attract Tell Something About Us? by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 29, 2012
I concur as well. Can Water and oil mix? I believe Most people know that they get the multiplier effect of wat they put out....They're only too self-conscious or heady to admit it. U'll only attract ur likes, and it's just no matter of choice!

1 Like

Re: Do The People We Attract Tell Something About Us? by MrsChima(f): 9:47am On Oct 29, 2012
Lord_Reed: Could it be that something that in us that is not so obvious calls out to all the wrong, quirky people that we seem to be attracting? If you seem to be always attracting violent people maybe in you is something the makes violent people draw towards you. If you seem to always attract players and cheats maybe something in you makes you such a target.

What do you think?

If you are talking about outside of chat.....yes. it is worse you hang around people that arent a match to you.

1 Like

Re: Do The People We Attract Tell Something About Us? by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 29, 2012
ogugua88: Not necessarily who you attract, but who you choose.
That's right. For example, I'm always cautios around loud and lousy people. So there's no way you'll find me around such. Oil and water just doesn't mix.
Re: Do The People We Attract Tell Something About Us? by Rocktation(f): 9:48am On Oct 29, 2012

Exactly. We have the ability to attract more of who we want and less of who we don't....via conscious effort of cos.
Re: Do The People We Attract Tell Something About Us? by MrsChima(f): 9:51am On Oct 29, 2012
Lord_Reed: Could it be that something that in us that is not so obvious calls out to all the wrong, quirky people that we seem to be attracting? If you seem to be always attracting violent people maybe in you is something the makes violent people draw towards you. If you seem to always attract players and cheats maybe something in you makes you such a target.

What do you think?

According to Tyler Perry....it is not what they call you...it is what you answer to.

2 Likes

Re: Do The People We Attract Tell Something About Us? by DukeNija(m): 9:54am On Oct 29, 2012

That's the point. When You choose, its a Conscious decision and in most cases, we'll choose people of good repute.
But when its non deliberate as in the case of attract, it tells a lot about our qualities and what 'those' People see in Us, that appeals to them.
Re: Do The People We Attract Tell Something About Us? by MrsChima(f): 9:56am On Oct 29, 2012
I must got an old dictionary because attracting is different than choosing.
Re: Do The People We Attract Tell Something About Us? by Rocktation(f): 10:06am On Oct 29, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
I must got an old dictionary because attracting is different than choosing.

Yeah, subconsciously or not, we vibrate on a level of deep connections, that people like us will migrate towards. So yeah, we can make the conscious effort to shut down that part of us we do not want, and people (the kind we want) will still show up, to share these connections.
Re: Do The People We Attract Tell Something About Us? by MrsChima(f): 10:17am On Oct 29, 2012
Rocktation:

Yeah, subconsciously or not, we vibrate on a level of deep connections, that people like us will migrate towards. So yeah, we can make the conscious effort to shut down that part of us we do not want, and people (the kind we want) will still show up, to share these connections.

You gave me separate examples of both words. No matter if we dont choose the people we dont want...it wont change the fact that we attracted them.
Re: Do The People We Attract Tell Something About Us? by Rocktation(f): 10:26am On Oct 29, 2012
It would, Chima. Because we won't be giving off no vibes, that would cause them to want to come share in. The sharing of these connections is all the attraction, we're talking about here.
Re: Do The People We Attract Tell Something About Us? by pecopeco: 10:30am On Oct 29, 2012

What do you think?
Re: Do The People We Attract Tell Something About Us? by MrsChima(f): 10:40am On Oct 29, 2012
Rocktation: It would, Chima. Because we won't be giving off no vibes, that would cause them to want to come share in. The sharing of these connections is all the attraction, we're talking about here.

Hmm...if we werent giving off vibes that attracted them to us in the first place then it wouldnt be attraction hm?

We can choose not to interact with those that are drawn to us but we must realize hey..we gave off a vibe that brought them towards us so now we need to do something about that and change the game plan.

I would be more concern what i attract offline because they can enter my personal space and either bring sunshine or thunder fire.
Re: Do The People We Attract Tell Something About Us? by Rocktation(f): 10:58am On Oct 29, 2012
Hehe.
Re: Do The People We Attract Tell Something About Us? by uceee(m): 11:17am On Oct 29, 2012
Yeah. We definitely attract people who share the same beliefs, habits with us. It could be conscious or unconscious. A bad guy would only be attracted to a good girl who has the tendency to become bad and vice versa. A guy who loves to have multiple girlfriends at once would only be attracted to babes he can deceive, or who are fine with him having other girlfriends. Sometimes, we think we are saints while unconsciously giving off bad vibes. The vibes you give off stem from your sub-conscious. You may consciously condemn something, but if you display even an inch of tolerance to it, someone who does that thing will come into your life and stretch that inch to 5 inches and the slide continues.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do The People We Attract Tell Something About Us? by nekaa(f): 11:18am On Oct 29, 2012
I dnt fink so, personally am shy, quiet n very cautious, buh d pple arund me are way opposite... Dats oil n water mixing if u ask me.
Re: Do The People We Attract Tell Something About Us? by UjSizzle(f): 11:25am On Oct 29, 2012
Like attract like but then i think there are exceptions to the rule.
If you have a positive vibe sometimes you attract those with negative vibes. Some people get attracted to people who make them feel they can be better people; it doesn't mean you're like them.

1 Like

Re: Do The People We Attract Tell Something About Us? by UjSizzle(f): 11:26am On Oct 29, 2012
nekaa: I dnt fink so, personally am shy, quiet n very cautious, buh d pple arund me are way opposite... Dats oil n water mixing if u ask me.
sometimes opposites attract too smiley
Re: Do The People We Attract Tell Something About Us? by Mobinga: 11:44am On Oct 29, 2012
Re: Do The People We Attract Tell Something About Us? by LordReed(m): 12:00pm On Oct 29, 2012
uj_sizzle: Like attract like but then i think there are exceptions to the rule.
If you have a positive vibe sometimes you attract those with negative vibes. Some people get attracted to people who make them feel they can be better people; it doesn't mean you're like them.

Well it's not an issue of being like the people you attract but about what in you attracts people especially the quirky ones. For instance, I am a cool, calm, collected person but I seem to attract people who feel a need to challenge me to try and best me in something either physically or mentally. When I think of it I begin to feel that probably I radiate a level of confidence and capability that makes people either look up to me or challenge me. I know that subconsciously I'm doing something that makes those sort of people come towards me but on a good day I would not think of myself as a persone who sort people to challenge or best in activities.
Re: Do The People We Attract Tell Something About Us? by UjSizzle(f): 12:04pm On Oct 29, 2012
Lord_Reed:

Well it's not an issue of being like the people you attract but about what in you attracts people especially the quirky ones. For instance, I am a cool, calm, collected person but I seem to attract people who feel a need to challenge me to try and best me in something either physically or mentally. When I think of it I begin to feel that probably I radiate a level of confidence and capability that makes people either look up to me or challenge me. I know that subconsciously doing something that makes those sort of people come towards me but on a good day I would to think of myself as a people who sort people to challenge or best in activities.
People sometimes feel the need to challenge others, don't think it has anything to do with sending out vibes.
Re: Do The People We Attract Tell Something About Us? by LordReed(m): 12:13pm On Oct 29, 2012
uj_sizzle:
People sometimes feel the need to challenge others, don't think it has anything to do with sending out vibes.

Mine is unique especially since I don't even look like a fighter so why would I get that? I am quite the opposite of what a fighter or anyone looking for a challenge would seek.
Re: Do The People We Attract Tell Something About Us? by LordReed(m): 12:19pm On Oct 29, 2012
sexkillz: I kinda concur. . .

You are oblivious to the kind of person you really are. You may say that you are this or you are that but in actuality, your subconscious actions which are more noticeable to the people around you will determine and draw them to you.

You may not notice their influence on you immediately because somehow, your way of thinking agrees with theirs so even if their influence is affecting you negatively, you would only notice it if someone who acts contrary to what, and the people you are used to, draws your attention to it.

Riff raffs are drawn to Riff raffs!

Hmmmm ponder, ponder, ponder.........
Re: Do The People We Attract Tell Something About Us? by MrsChima(f): 12:34pm On Oct 29, 2012
Hey lord reed suga...i am attracting you to my web of nectar.

Come here baby...prrrrrrrr
Re: Do The People We Attract Tell Something About Us? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 29, 2012
Kinda true,afterall bird of feathers flock together.
A person will always roll with like-mind person.
This is case of oil and oil mixing.
Re: Do The People We Attract Tell Something About Us? by larrymoore(m): 12:46pm On Oct 29, 2012
Opposites attract, sanguine as well as choleric is attracted to a phlegmatic or melancholy. Sanguine + sanguine may nt suceed.
Re: Do The People We Attract Tell Something About Us? by funmeme(f): 1:27pm On Oct 29, 2012
In Chapter 9 of John C.maxwell 21 Irrefutable laws of Leadership, he explained dat "Who you are is who you attract". In most situations, you draw people to you who pocess the same qualities you do. I tnk I agree with him.

1 Like

Re: Do The People We Attract Tell Something About Us? by firestar(f): 2:35pm On Oct 29, 2012
Hmmm...interesting.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Public Transport Wahala!! Fine Girl On Skimpy Cloth Disgraced[pictures] / My Annoying And Funny Experience At A Friends House Today. / You’ll Stop Pressing Phone In The Toilet After Reading This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.