Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,548 members, 7,819,947 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? (27025 Views)

Muslims Will Go To Heaven More Than Christians If... / Are Muslims Truly More Than Christians In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by LordBabs(m): 1:42am On Nov 04, 2012
davidylan:

Gbam! You said it far better than i could have. Just laughable reading the hubris Lord babs keeps struggling to post in a bid to feel-among.
you're only jealous of my atheistic prowess...keep jeering...
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 1:43am On Nov 04, 2012
davidylan:

Gbam! You said it far better than i could have. Just laughable reading the hubris Lord babs keeps struggling to post in a bid to feel-among.

Western?

Atheism has long been in many parts of the world before Western thinkers philosophized about it. Asia and in the Americas.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 1:44am On Nov 04, 2012
Lord Babs: what is this man saying? Why are you this vapid? Or you just seeking mischief? You asked of the meaning of 'morality' in my own view, I gave them to you, you couldn't say 'thanks', and yet continue spiting my intelligence! Is it that you don't understand my grammar or you are one of those phony learners? Did you go to school at all? Nonsense!

Ol' boy just stop using words you dont understand... using vapid to define me is about the joke of the century to be honest. Perhaps you just looked it up and feel a need to sound like you know something too.

I asked you to define "morality" and this is what you said verbatim - morality is couched by the rightness of an action, anchored on the singular fulcrum of COMMON SENSE. Atheists exhibit more of this (un)common sense.

What is the meaning of the above? undecided How did that DEFINE morality?
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 1:44am On Nov 04, 2012
Lord Babs: you're only jealous of my atheistic prowess...keep jeering...

Oh dear... the less said the better.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by LordBabs(m): 1:48am On Nov 04, 2012
davidylan:

Ol' boy just stop using words you dont understand... using vapid to define me is about the joke of the century to be honest. Perhaps you just looked it up and feel a need to sound like you know something too.

I asked you to define "morality" and this is what you said verbatim - morality is couched by the rightness of an action, anchored on the singular fulcrum of COMMON SENSE. Atheists exhibit more of this (un)common sense.

What is the meaning of the above? undecided How did that DEFINE morality?
what university did u attend? And what was your cgpa? So u expect me to reply u in your own way of thinking? An ordinary erudite will not say I haven't defined Morality by that quote u put up there. U're just pathetic!
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by kpolli(m): 1:48am On Nov 04, 2012
Logicboy03: Considering the discrimination that atheists receive in many countries, one would think that we are some kind of devilish cult that sacrifice babies to[b] our demon[/b] overlord. However, we can see that it is not quite so as many atheists live their lives peacefully. Many religious people say that atheists are immoral and dont want to have any responsibility for their actions. But is it so? Let us review some certain facts in this current time we are living in;

a) Do unto others, as you would want to be done unto you;

Currently, atheists face discrimination by both christians and muslims in very religious countries. Take any sharia country where sharing atheism is met with either an arrest or death(http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia-pacific/2012/06/20126146135415374.html). Take religious countries like the USA where the military has widespread discrimination against atheists (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/26/us/26atheist.html?pagewanted=all).

With all these cases of discrimination, do atheists retaliate? Lets look at Britain or many European countries that have a lot of atheists living with religious people. Do the atheists in these very secular countries discriminate in a widespread manner against the religious in general? No. You will be very hard pressed to find cases where a religious person was discriminated against by an atheist just for being a religious person.

b) Sancticty of Marriage/Family

-Atheists divorce less than christians in America
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/religion/2011-03-14-divorce-christians_N.htm

-Honor killing of wives/daughters is not an atheist thing, it happens mostly in muslim and South Asian communities
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honor_killing

-First cousin marriage is not an atheist thing, rather it is more likely to happen in some Christain (LDS sects) and certain muslim societies

c) Equality of women

-Wife beating is permitted in some interpretations of the Quran and hadith (Christian and atheists generally condemn this act.....impossible to find a pastor or an atheist debater that condones wife beating unlike some clerics/imams)
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/damianthompson/3683071/Lessons_in_how_to_beat_your_wife/

-Positions in organisations; Christains and muslims are now changing to adopt women as imams or priests. However, there are till conservatives that feel that this should not. There is no reason why atheists/secular humanists should be against women in leadership positions in organisations.

d) Violence;

I dont even have to talk too much grin grin grin grin

-All I will say is that the most peaceful countries (top 10 on the peace index) have a high percentage of atheists and also have a falling number in church attendance. There is no muslim majority or sharia country in the top 10 peaceful countries.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Peace_Index#Global_Peace_Index_rankings

-Atheists dont blow up skyscrapers or abortion clinics or churches.

==================================================================================================
Have some pictures to peruse while thinking about the evidence grin ;

www.nairaland.com/attachments/871332_Peace_index_pnga459955cbaf71f0152698ecd07e19473

www.nairaland.com/attachments/733534_divorce_religion_png81c89aa5abf7c69de9d4543c55a864a0

Using such words doesn't help ur claim. . . . .

But truly y do atheist like asking stupid questions on NL?
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by bokohalal(m): 1:51am On Nov 04, 2012
"To those who believe,no explanation is necessary.To those who don't,no explantion is possible."-George Kresge (The Amazing Kreskin).
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 1:52am On Nov 04, 2012
davidylan:

you seem confused. If christian blasphemy laws existed in the UK then how is it you are able to survive there as an atheist? How is Richard Dawkins able to sit there bashing christianity with all that freedom? My friend you are not talking to dolts here.

This is what happens when christians are told the truth that the bible hasnt told them, the deny and mock. Bros, I live in the UK and politics is my hobby

Blasphemy laws were abolished in England and wales in 2008 but are still on the books in Scotland

davidylan:

My friend, you are just as miserably ignorant of US politics as you are about most things. Democrats will never overturn Roe V. Wade and the only way republicans can even attempt that is to change the composition of the supreme court. Roe V. Wade has stood for over 30 yrs... it is going no where.

Apparently, you hate evidence

http://www.salon.com/2012/10/24/how_the_right_plans_to_overturn_roe_v_wade/

davidylan:

That is your opinion, unfortunately even atheist governments disagree with you.

Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 1:53am On Nov 04, 2012
kpolli:

Using such words doesn't help ur claim. . . . .

But truly y do atheist like asking stupid questions on NL?

Seriously? Seriously?

SMH
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 1:55am On Nov 04, 2012
Logicboy03:

Read about evolution and then come back to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Introduction_to_evolution
Broda pls be sincere The thoery of evolution, doesn't sound stupidd to u? Is it not man intelligence u surporting? Y do u let this manly theory capture ur mind like an inception?
Answer me!
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 1:55am On Nov 04, 2012
Logicboy03:

Read about evolution and then come back to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Introduction_to_evolution
Broda pls be sincere The thoery of evolution, doesn't it sound stupidd to u? Is it not man intelligence u surporting? Y do u let this manly theory capture ur mind like an inception?
Answer me!
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 1:57am On Nov 04, 2012
dvdon:
Broda pls be sincere The thoery of evolution, doesn't it sound stupidd to u? Is it not man intelligence u surporting? Y do u let this manly theory capture ur mind like an inception?
Answer me!

Evolution is foolish to you? Why dont you take the malaria/flu drugs we used 10 years ago? Let us see how well they treat the evolved bacteria or viruses.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 1:58am On Nov 04, 2012
Logicboy03:

This is what happens when christians are told the truth that the bible hasnt told them, the deny and mock. Bros, I live in the UK and politics is my hobby

Blasphemy laws were abolished in England and wales in 2008 but are still on the books in Scotland

so blasphemy laws (that were essentially toothless archaic relics of 16th century England) had been outlawed over 4 yrs ago and you're posting them here as some sort of valid gripe? Pathetic dishonesty.

Logicboy03:
Apparently, you hate evidence

http://www.salon.com/2012/10/24/how_the_right_plans_to_overturn_roe_v_wade/

and your evidence is a blog post?
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 1:58am On Nov 04, 2012
Lord Babs: what university did u attend? And what was your cgpa? So u expect me to reply u in your own way of thinking? An ordinary erudite will not say I haven't defined Morality by that quote u put up there. U're just pathetic!

I asked a simple question, rather than answer you come up with bluster about universities and CGPA? Hilarious.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by LordBabs(m): 2:02am On Nov 04, 2012
Logicboy03:

Evolution is foolish to you? Why dont you take the malaria/flu drugs we used 10 years ago? Let us see how well they treat the evolved bacteria or viruses.

funny
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 2:04am On Nov 04, 2012
davidylan:

so blasphemy laws (that were essentially toothless archaic relics of 16th century England) had been outlawed over 4 yrs ago and you're posting them here as some sort of valid gripe? Pathetic dishonesty.

The fact that you christians couldnt remove the law since modern times up till 2008 is a valid gripe. As if that is bad enough, there were christians that wanted to use the law in 2006.

davidylan:

and your evidence is a blog post?

does the "blog" post lie?

Or do you want more links?
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 2:06am On Nov 04, 2012
Logicboy03:

We used chloroquine to treat malaria 25 yrs ago. It remains the most effective form of antimalarial therapy today.

To combine malaria and flu together largely exposes your ignorance. Malaria is caused by plasmodium, flu is caused by various strains of the influenza virus. The differences in strains of flu viruses is not an example of evolution as much as differences in human blood type is a sign of differences in our evolution.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 2:07am On Nov 04, 2012
Lord Babs: funny

did you understand a word of what he said or are you just "laughing" largely in ignorance?
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 2:08am On Nov 04, 2012
Logicboy03:

The fact that you christians couldnt remove the law since modern times up till 2008 is a valid gripe. As if that is bad enough, there were christians that wanted to use the law in 2006.

It is a "valid gripe" only to those who are simply hunting for something to outrage them.

Logicboy03:
does the "blog" post lie?

Or do you want more links?

It is full of empty speculation that does not hold water. Roe v. Wade is 40 yrs old today... 40 yrs of listening to dolts make noise about how anti-abortionists were just about to get rid of it.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by LordBabs(m): 2:08am On Nov 04, 2012
davidylan:

I asked a simple question, rather than answer you come up with bluster about universities and CGPA? Hilarious.
simply because you don't sound to be well educated to me. May be your colleagues consider u intelligent, but sorry, i don't. Your question is as flimsy as your defence. Inspite knowing the grounded motive of that question(of testing my knowledge), i sincerely ignored and answered the way i know. 'I'm not satisfied' is polite than 'You are blabbing'. Don't be afraid of knowledge next time. Confront it!
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 2:11am On Nov 04, 2012
Lord Babs: simply because you don't sound to be well educated to me. May be your colleagues consider u intelligent, but sorry, i don't. [b]Your question is as flimsy as your defence. [/b]Inspite knowing the grounded motive of that question(of testing my knowledge), i sincerely ignored and answered the way i know. 'I'm not satisfied' is polite than 'You are blabbing'. Don't be afraid of knowledge next time. Confront it!

Nonsensical idiocy really.
I asked a very simple question - please define "morality". A simple i dont know would have sufficed. It seems we now have a proliferation of empty heads who just jump on the "you dont sound intelligent to me" bandwagon when they get into a sticky situation. I dont have to prove my intelligence to you.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 2:11am On Nov 04, 2012
davidylan:

We used chloroquine to treat malaria 25 yrs ago. It remains the most effective form of antimalarial therapy today.

To combine malaria and flu together largely exposes your ignorance. Malaria is caused by plasmodium, flu is caused by various strains of the influenza virus. The differences in strains of flu viruses is not an example of evolution as much as differences in human blood type is a sign of differences in our evolution.

You have always been a quack biologist

It has long been used in the treatment or prevention of malaria. After the malaria parasite Plasmodium falciparum started to develop widespread resistance to chloroquine,[3][4] new potential uses of this cheap and widely available drug have been investigated.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chloroquine#Uses

Who is saying that malaria and flu are cause by the same parasite? Why do you love strawmen?

The point is that the parasites/bacteria/viruses that cause these diseases are evolving. Quack biologist
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by LordBabs(m): 2:12am On Nov 04, 2012
davidylan:

did you understand a word of what he said or are you just "laughing" largely in ignorance?
now, it's evident you're seeking mischief...speaks well of a christian...i still give it to the atheists...they are morally sound than u guys. Smh
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 2:12am On Nov 04, 2012
Lord Babs: now, it's evident you're seeking mischief...speaks well of a christian...i still give it to the atheists...they are morally sound than u guys. Smh

Except of course you still cannot define what morality is. Merely throwing around a word you cant define is what you should be shaking your head at.

Responding to you has become a wasted exercise.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 2:13am On Nov 04, 2012
Logicboy03:

You have always been a quack biologist

Who is saying that malaria and flu are cause by the same parasite? Why do you love strawmen?

The point is that the parasites/bacteria/viruses that cause these diseases are evolving. Quack biologist

How? why then is quinine still as effective as it was 100 yrs ago? undecided That was your own example remember?
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 2:14am On Nov 04, 2012
davidylan:

It is a "valid gripe" only to those who are simply hunting for something to outrage them.

It is full of empty speculation that does not hold water. Roe v. Wade is 40 yrs old today... 40 yrs of listening to dolts make noise about how anti-abortionists were just about to get rid of it.

Yawn. You have nothing to say. Arguing for argument sake.

Wake me up when atheists are bombing abortions clinics, claiming that rape is from god, shooting up people to protest muslim immigration or flying planes into buildings.

Also wake me up when countries with high number of atheists and secularism are not topping both the peaceful and monst avdanced countries lists.

#ouch!
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 2:15am On Nov 04, 2012
Logicboy03:

Yawn. You have nothing to say. Arguing for argument sake.

Wake me up when atheists are bombing abortions clinics, claiming that rape is from god, shooting up people to protest muslim immigration or flying planes into buildings.

Also wake me up when countries with high number of atheists and secularism are not topping both the peaceful and monst avdanced countries lists.

#ouch!

your point being? undecided
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by yah1(m): 2:17am On Nov 04, 2012
davidylan:

I have been looking for the point for minutes now, even checked under the carpet, but alas, it was nowhere to be found
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 2:17am On Nov 04, 2012
davidylan:

How? why then is quinine still as effective as it was 100 yrs ago? undecided That was your own example remember?

After being debunked on parasites resistance to choloroquine, you shift the argument to quinine? Quinine has been replaced by other effective drugs.

Go and sleep
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 2:18am On Nov 04, 2012
yah:

I have been looking for the point for minutes now, even checked under the carpet, but alas, it was nowhere to be found

good lord, that was so dry.

gaddem, you fail at comedy!
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 2:19am On Nov 04, 2012
davidylan:

Stop trolling and look at the topic
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by LordBabs(m): 2:20am On Nov 04, 2012
davidylan:

Nonsensical idiocy really.
I asked a very simple question - please define "morality". A simple i dont know would have sufficed. It seems we now have a proliferation of empty heads who just jump on the "you dont sound intelligent to me" bandwagon when they get into a sticky situation. I dont have to prove my intelligence to you.
hehehehehehe...'I'm not very intelligent to understand your grammar, please, expatiate' would have done it, but you continued in this profusely cretinous stride of 'I asked a very simple question'. Your intelligence betrays you by not telling you MORALITY is not a simple word. Idiot!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

NOUN Students Demand Apology From Dunamis Pastor Over Dehumanization Of Graduate / Man 'Poisoned While Sleeping' In Delta, Survives Attack (Photos) / Evangelist Victor Edet: 'Ladies Who Wear Trousers Can Never Make Heaven'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.