Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? (27035 Views)

Muslims Will Go To Heaven More Than Christians If... / Are Muslims Truly More Than Christians In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 2:45am On Nov 04, 2012
tevinsolt:

so does that make the Gasing of Jews during the Holocaust right or wrong? does that make rape right or wrong?

be intellectually consistent

So, people did not know that killing was wrong before moses (10 commandments) or Jesus came about? People didnt know that rape is bad?

Dont be foolish.

Our evolutionary instincts already tell us that unnecessary killing is bad for the species as a whole.

Furthermore, the golden rule existed before Jesus christ. Doing unto others what you want done unto you. People knew this around the world. Even in Africa before the slave tradin christians brough their foreign religion to Africa
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 2:46am On Nov 04, 2012
yah:

I am not talking theory like you, i work in one of the best hospitals in Nigeria. So you dont need to start teaching me how we treat malaria at all.

The same hospitals that GEJ and his wife, Patience run away from? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 2:49am On Nov 04, 2012
Logicboy03:

Kai!!!! See remixing ooo!!

You were debunked on Chloroquine and now you want to lie on Quinine?

Quinine is hardly used to treat malaria and is only used in certian cases as the quote clearly states.

Who told you tt quinine is the top choice for severe malaria? Lying again. Kai

1. Ok i know chemistry is not your strong point but? grin Ok bro let me educate you - the active ingredient in quinine is a quinoline. the active ingredient in chloroquine is a quinolin-4-amine (i.e. it simply has an extra amine group -NH2 on carbon 4 on the quinoline).
Both are virtually the same drug! cheesy

2. Read your own wiki link... quinine is the top choice drug for severe malaria (critical circumstances)... here it is posted again since you cant read - It remained the antimalarial drug of choice until the 1940s, when other drugs replaced it that have less unpleasant side effects. Since then, many effective antimalarials have been introduced, although [size=14pt]quinine is still used to treat the disease in certain critical circumstances, such as severe malaria,[/size]
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by yah1(m): 2:49am On Nov 04, 2012
Logicboy03:
The same hospitals that GEJ and his wife, Patience run away from? grin grin grin
Not that one, probably the one that killed your ancestors with quinine overdose.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by yah1(m): 2:50am On Nov 04, 2012
davidylan:

1. Ok i know chemistry is not your strong point but? grin Ok bro let me educate you - the active ingredient in quinine is a quinoline. the active ingredient in chloroquine is a quinolin-4-amine (i.e. it simply has an extra amine group -NH2 on carbon 4 on the quinoline).

2. Read your own wiki link... quinine is the top choice drug for severe malaria (critical circumstances)... here it is posted again since you cant read - It remained the antimalarial drug of choice until the 1940s, when other drugs replaced it that have less unpleasant side effects. Since then, many effective antimalarials have been introduced, although [size=14pt]quinine is still used to treat the disease in certain critical circumstances, such as severe malaria,[/size]

Mehn, we just dey give this ignoramus free lectures, this aint fair.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 2:50am On Nov 04, 2012
Logicboy03:
Our evolutionary instincts already tell us that unnecessary killing is bad for the species as a whole.

Furthermore, the golden rule existed before Jesus christ. Doing unto others what you want done unto you. People knew this around the world. Even in Africa before the slave tradin christians brough their foreign religion to Africa

How? Please explain.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by LordBabs(m): 2:50am On Nov 04, 2012
yah:

Abeg now, dont do this! Really!! Save a brother's life (dont mind whether he is theist or atheist)!!!

Reminds me of this joke:
[joke]
There was a very poor man and his 10 yr old son. They were so poor that getting a cup of gari to soak was tough. In fact they lived in "austerity"!
One day he gave his son some money to go buy some gari. Unfortunately, on his way back he was run over by a heavy truck.
A passer-by who saw the tragic accident quickly went to inform the father...

Passerby: Oga! oga! come trailer don jam your pikin o!

Father: The gari throw wey?!!!
[/joke]
nice yoke. All because of ruskaya vodka? Oya, take a sip beebee~~~he's o.k....don't take much....u won't want logicboy to say jesus is alcoholic...
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by yah1(m): 2:52am On Nov 04, 2012
davidylan, this is fooolishness. He is trying to argue with two people that work in the field at the same time? I wonder how he does it.

@logicboy, you see why i did not even bother to open your link (i knew it cannot disprove me in the first place), and refused to waste my time.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 2:57am On Nov 04, 2012
yah:
davidylan, this is fooolishness. He is trying to argue with two people that work in the field at the same time? I wonder how he does it.

@logicboy, you see why i did not even bother to open your link (i knew it cannot disprove me in the first place), and refused to waste my time.

Bros i tire for am. As far as he is concerned... being an atheist makes him an expert on science. grin
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 2:58am On Nov 04, 2012
davidylan:

2. Read your own wiki link... quinine is the top choice drug for severe malaria (critical circumstances)... here it is posted again since you cant read - It remained the antimalarial drug of choice until the 1940s, when other drugs replaced it that have less unpleasant side effects. Since then, many effective antimalarials have been introduced, although [size=14pt]quinine is still used to treat the disease in certain critical circumstances, such as severe malaria,[/size][/quote]

Lies, lies and more lies.

1) Chloroquine and Quinine are not the same drug. Similar but not the same. Basic chemistry will tell you that simple alterations in the structure will give you basic difference between two substances. These drugs are even listed as different types of anit-malarial medications.

Even if they were the same, my point on the evolution of parasites becomes even better. The parasite has evolved and hgas greater resistance now to choloroquine...which would extend to quinine if they were exactly the same.

2) Quinine is not the top drug for sever malaria. The quote only says that it is used in CERTAIN critical circumstances of sever malaria. Stop lying.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 2:59am On Nov 04, 2012
yah:

Mehn, we just dey give this ignoramus free lectures, this aint fair.

Davidylan just lied that choloroquine and quinine are the same drug and you swallowed it? Fool
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by tevinsolt: 2:59am On Nov 04, 2012
Logicboy03:

So, people did not know that killing was wrong before moses (10 commandments) or Jesus came about? People didnt know that rape is bad?

Dont be foolish.

again where did the concept "WRONG" came about in your own world view......since you believe in moral relativity (that is moral standards are decided by societies, environmental condition......with that there is no absolute wrong or right according to you, when calabar people were killing twins they thought it was moral........so what do you have to say for yourself now?
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 3:05am On Nov 04, 2012
davidylan:

How? Please explain.

Simple- basic evolutionary instincts tells us not to kill potential mating partners.

As social animals, just like ants or wolves,the importance of sharing activities like hunting and defending in packs can help with survival and feeding.

These are the basics we come prepackaged with but then logic, interactions with society and family also play apart in shaping these instincts and morality.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by tevinsolt: 3:05am On Nov 04, 2012
and when you say evolutionary/natural instinct why do you believe that?...........if you believe that then i guess you believe we have souls because they are both immaterial things
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 3:08am On Nov 04, 2012
It gets tiring debating this ignorant oaf grin

Logicboy03:
1) Chloroquine and Quinine are not the same drug. Similar but not the same. Basic chemistry will tell you that simple alterations in the structure will give you basic difference between two substances. These drugs are even listed as different types of anit-malarial medications.

they are essentially the same drug since their active ingredients are mere analogues of each other. Obviously you have no experience with chemistry. grin

Logicboy03:
Even if they were the same, my point on the evolution of parasites becomes even better. The parasite has evolved and hgas greater resistance now to choloroquine...which would extend to quinine if they were exactly the same.

This is quite daft. grin Where exactly did you get the "greater resistance to chloroquine" from?

Logicboy03:
2) Quinine is not the top drug for sever malaria. The quote only says that it is used in CERTAIN critical circumstances of sever malaria. Stop lying.

Ok grammar is now a problem too? shocked grin Read your statement that i highlighted and the statement from wiki - what you said is NOT the same as what wiki said...

You said - used in certain circumstances of severe malaria...

Wiki said - used in certain critical circumstances, such as severe malaria

Note how the use of the comma creates a completely different scenario.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 3:11am On Nov 04, 2012
Logicboy03:

Simple- basic evolutionary instincts tells us not to kill potential mating partners.

Actually that is NOT true. If indeed humans are just an evolutionary branch of which animals are a part... then it means our evolutionary instincts are the same as that of a lion or goat. Well in nature... survival of the fittest means many animals will kill their weak and the offspring of a rival mate in order to propagate their own lineage. On basic instinct alone, why are we different from animals?
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 3:11am On Nov 04, 2012
tevinsolt:

again where did the concept "WRONG" came about in your own world view......since you believe in moral relativity (that is moral standards are decided by societies, environmental condition......with that there is no absolute wrong or right according to you, when calabar people were killing twins they thought it was moral........so what do you have to say for yourself now?

Fool. I have answered this question in the previous post.

You create straw men and you want me to answer on your straw men terms.

Morality is shaped with evolutionary instincts, logic, interactions with society and family.

Logically, does it make sense to kill unnecessarily?Why do you ignore the part where I mentioned logic?

You have no idea about my ethics and so dont lecture me on my concept of "wrong". I think in terms of benefit, propbabilites, necessity and props and cons.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 3:12am On Nov 04, 2012
tevinsolt: and when you say evolutionary/natural instinct why do you believe that?...........if you believe that then i guess you believe we have souls because they are both immaterial things

What does evolution have to do with souls?

Are you serious?
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 3:13am On Nov 04, 2012
davidylan:

Actually that is NOT true. If indeed humans are just an evolutionary branch of which animals are a part... then it means our evolutionary instincts are the same as that of a lion or goat. Well in nature... survival of the fittest means many animals will kill their weak and the offspring of a rival mate in order to propagate their own lineage. On basic instinct alone, why are we different from animals?

By basic instincts alone, we are animals. fool

What separates us is our thinking faculties.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by yah1(m): 3:13am On Nov 04, 2012
Logicboy03:

Davidylan just lied that choloroquine and quinine are the same drug and you swallowed it? Fool
You lack knowlege, and have succeeded in drowning yourself in your own piss.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 3:14am On Nov 04, 2012
Logicboy03:

By basic instincts alone, we are animals. fool

What separates us is our thinking faculties.

I give up. suit yourself. grin
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by yah1(m): 3:14am On Nov 04, 2012
Permission to fall asleep, see you later guys.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by tevinsolt: 3:17am On Nov 04, 2012
Logicboy03:

Fool. I have answered this question in the previous post.

You create straw men and you want me to answer on your straw men terms.

Morality is shaped with evolutionary instincts, logic, interactions with society and family.

Logically, does it make sense to kill unnecessarily?Why do you ignore the part where I mentioned logic?

You have no idea about my ethics and so dont lecture me on my concept of "wrong". I think in terms of benefit, propbabilites, necessity and props and cons.

like i said you're not being smart enough......you create these category of evil and good in your head, it's abritrary, it your own bias, it's your own prejudice that informs you that something is evil.

if you're gonna be consistent in your atheism, you realize something is evil based on your bias and prejudice and it's all relative and subjective grin grin
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 3:18am On Nov 04, 2012
davidylan: It gets tiring debating this ignorant oaf grin

What about you with your lies? How dare you call me ignorant after claiming nonsense?

davidylan:
they are essentially the same drug since their active ingredients are mere analogues of each other. Obviously you have no experience with chemistry. grin

lol....and they are listed as different types of anti-malaliral drugs with different side effects hmm? Liar

davidylan:
This is quite daft. grin Where exactly did you get the "greater resistance to chloroquine" from?

The parasite has a greater resistance to chloroquine now than before. Havent I proven this beyond doubt?

It has long been used in the treatment or prevention of malaria. After the malaria parasite Plasmodium falciparum started to develop widespread resistance to chloroquine,[3][4] new potential uses of this cheap and widely available drug have been investigated. Chloroquine has been extensively used in mass drug a

davidylan:
Ok grammar is now a problem too? shocked grin Read your statement that i highlighted and the statement from wiki - what you said is NOT the same as what wiki said...

You said - used in certain circumstances of severe malaria...

Wiki said - used in certain critical circumstances, such as severe malaria

Note how the use of the comma creates a completely different scenario.

It makes no difference, nowhere is it stated that Quinine is the top choice of treatment for malaira or severe malaria.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by tevinsolt: 3:19am On Nov 04, 2012
Logicboy03:

What does evolution have to do with souls?

Are you serious?

so you don't believe there's a YOU apart from the physical reactions and electrical impulses happening in your head? cheesy i tire ooooo
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 3:20am On Nov 04, 2012
tevinsolt:

like i said you're not being smart enough......you create these category of evil and good in your head, it's abritrary, it your own bias, it's your own prejudice that informs you that something is evil.

if you're gonna be consistent in your atheism, your realize something is evil based on your bias and it's all relative and subjective grin grin

You are a real fool. I have given a very clear explanation of ow human morality works and I have answered your questions clearly.

Foolish troll.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 3:21am On Nov 04, 2012
tevinsolt:

so you don't believe there's a YOU apart from the physical reactions and electrical impulses happening in your head? cheesy i tire ooooo

Fail....just fail....you are an epic fail

Nothing more....
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 3:22am On Nov 04, 2012
Statistically, not the atheists on Nairaland, they are the most immoral in-here ; must you insult to win an argument
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 3:25am On Nov 04, 2012
sadeiyare: Statistically, not the atheists on Nairaland, they are the most immoral in-here ; must you insult to win an argument

You are a hypocrite

You ignored all the insults and abuse to my intelligence only to focus on my well deserved retaliation?

You really ignored the abuse given by your fellow christians? How are you not immoral?

Epic fail
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 3:30am On Nov 04, 2012
Logicboy03:

You are a hypocrite

You ignored all the insults and abuse to my intelligence only to focus on my well deserved retaliation?

You really ignored the abuse given by your fellow christians? How are you not immoral?

Epic fail

And there you go, you just proved my point ; de-basing to win an argument, why can't your post be decent. I never insulted you
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by tevinsolt: 3:30am On Nov 04, 2012
Logicboy03:

You are a real fool. I have given a very clear explanation of ow human morality works and I have answered your questions clearly.

Foolish troll.

during the Nuremberg trials, the German attorneys were very smart and good.....they said who are the Allies to think they could prosecute the German officers because obviously they were following orders and they were doing what their culture told them to do, and Nuremberg trials closed down....until they realized wait a minute there's a law above cultural laws and also cultural right and wrong

Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by tevinsolt: 3:33am On Nov 04, 2012
Logicboy03:

Fail....just fail....you are an epic fail

Nothing more....

it just shows to me you're not a very bright person......you tap out easily and find ways to avoid a discussion with someone that's intellectually capable than you are....and also that your view is incoherent and irrational so you would rather introduce insult into the discussion

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (25) (Reply)

Man 'Poisoned While Sleeping' In Delta, Survives Attack (Photos) / Evangelist Victor Edet: 'Ladies Who Wear Trousers Can Never Make Heaven' / NOUN Students Demand Apology From Dunamis Pastor Over Dehumanization Of Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.