Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,652 members, 7,820,265 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? (13100 Views)

Should Students Be Paying Tithes. / Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief / Benefits Of Paying Tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by dammyking1(m): 10:39am On Nov 08, 2012
CrazyMan:
In case you don't know, muslims don't pay tithes, and yet they are successful.

Most unbelievers don't pay tithes, and yet they're still successful.

Success doesn't come from paying tithe, rather it comes from hard work.

Finally...God isn't interested in your money but your heart...MOGs turn and twist the scriptures so you can ignorantly give them your hard earned cash.

Therefore I would suggest that you open your eyes to reality and stop living in ignorance.
Success is nt al abt moni!! Dr is health, marriage,children etc
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by dontalk: 10:40am On Nov 08, 2012
It is not a sin if a child pays tithe or not.They cannot fend for themselves at the early stages of life. However, it is equally good if one can encourage them to do so. If a father pays his tithe and he is the only one who provides for the family, any income from the father to any member of the family has been covered by the paid tithe.That's my view, you may have your own opinion anyway.
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 08, 2012
buhak: the bible said train up your child the way he should go and when he grow up he will never depart from it. is your chioce, do what you like please

I will teach the opposite so he never departs from it.
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 08, 2012
dammy_king:
Success is nt al abt moni!! Dr is health, marriage,children etc

nonchristians have good health, good marriages and good children and they do not tithe. so what exactly are you saying?
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by bee444: 10:45am On Nov 08, 2012
RangeCars: Show me a man who does not pay 10% of what he earns and i will show a man who pays it and the track record of his success...................i have lived in both worlds and surely paying Tithe is a great thing to do. Just saying

You are a f.o.o.l. Who said you must pay tithe before you succeed, your pastor or your Bible? Tithe does not make you acquire wealth, giving to people does. You don't even have to give in Church or Mosque to be successful.

What do these people have in common; Bill Gate, Warren Buffet, Dangote, Abiola, Prince of Dubai, King of Saudi and lots. They are the wealthiest people on earth, yet tithe is not their friend. They know nothing about tithe. They are not even Christians. But I tell you something, they all understand the secret of success- hardwork, dedication, perseverance and above-all, giving to the poor on the street.
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by tomakint: 10:49am On Nov 08, 2012
Tithing is one of the greatest LEGACY Parents can bequeath to their children. Yeah its RIGHT for children to pay tithes because as they grow they learn to live with that notion. Tithing is one of the known remedy against POVERTY! Don't forget that wink

1 Like

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by dammyking1(m): 10:54am On Nov 08, 2012
Dis is d way it works!! Imagine u havin 100naira nd u buy bread!!! Its means u wuld rather hav that bread dan d 100naira! Dat y u exchanged d moni 4 d bread. Its d same tin wen u pay tit u acknowledge dat u wuld rather ve d blessin of God dan d 10%.nd wen u don't pay u r simple tellin God he had ntin 2 do wit ur lif nd dat ur 10% is worht mor dan wat he want to giv u!
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 08, 2012
RangeCars: Show me a man who does not pay 10% of what he earns and i will show a man who pays it and the track record of his success...................i have lived in both worlds and surely paying Tithe is a great thing to do. Just saying

his success is not because of his tithes. it's because of hardwork. that's why you have nonchristians and atheists who have also been successful without paying tithes.

besides christians don't boast about their 'success'.
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by dammyking1(m): 10:57am On Nov 08, 2012
uhonmora:

nonchristians have good health, good marriages and good children and they do not tithe. so what exactly are you saying?
Listen eh!! God is d only 1 dat can hold all d parts of ur lif 2geda if u ve a bible dr read malachi 3:10 nd if u don't bliv any part in d bible den u shouldn't bliv in d whole bible
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 08, 2012
tomakint: Tithing is one of the greatest LEGACY Parents can bequeath to their children. Yeah its RIGHT for children to pay tithes because as they grow they learn to live with that notion. Tithing is one of the known remedy against POVERTY! Don't forget that wink

only if it is given to the poor and needy openly in church and not used to pay salaries and fund affluence. tithing is not a remedy against poverty, hardworking and determination is.

besides, poverty is not such a bad thing in itself...like your pastors make you to believe.
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Born2beRich1(m): 10:59am On Nov 08, 2012
CrazyMan:
Stop misquoting the scriptures.

It didn't say train a child to pay tithe....christ never instructed us to pay tithe.

And I think you need to read this thread..
https://www.nairaland.com/1046466/understanding-tithing

A single sentence in the Bible means so many things....It doesnt have to tell you DO THIS THING before you understand...It is common sense to those that believe in the word... When the Bible say train your child in the ways of the Lord and when he is Old he will not depart for it simply includes Tithing, praying, worship, thanksgiving, loving thy neighbour as thyself and so many other things that God wants us to be.....It doesnt have to state it one after the other before you get it....Even Jesus Christ spoke in parables, it is just left for you to use common sense to get it
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 08, 2012
dammy_king:
Listen eh!! God is d only 1 dat can hold all d parts of ur lif 2geda if u ve a bible dr read malachi 3:10 nd if u don't bliv any part in d bible den u shouldn't bliv in d whole bible

Read this, learn and get out of the malachi 3:10 deception.

http://www.truthaccordingtoscripture.com/documents/articles/tithing.php
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Nobody: 11:02am On Nov 08, 2012
Born 2be Rich:

A single sentence in the Bible means so many things....It doesnt have to tell you DO THIS THING before you understand...It is common sense to those that believe in the word... When the Bible say train your child in the ways of the Lord and when he is Old he will not depart for it simply includes Tithing, praying, worship, thanksgiving, loving thy neighbour as thyself and so many other things that God wants us to be.....It doesnt have to state it one after the other before you get it....Even Jesus Christ spoke in parables, it is just left for you to use common sense to get it

you are a gentile. you never had the command to tithe. teach your children the importance of working hard and giving to the needy.
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by dammyking1(m): 11:03am On Nov 08, 2012
uhonmora:

his success is not because of his tithes. it's because of hardwork. that's why you have nonchristians and atheists who have also been successful without paying tithes.

besides christians don't boast about their 'success'.

Dat hardwork is hustlin! Hustlin is a curse dat cam upon adam wen he disobeyed God! God said he wil eat 4rm d sweat of his face. Dr is wat we call d "BLESSING" if u check d 1st tin God did 2 adam wuz 2 bless him den wen he disobeyed d curse came! D blessing removes struggle 4rm ur lif nd 2 get dat blessing u must tithe.nd d reason y u must tithe is 2 acknowledge dat God is ur source!
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by bee444: 11:03am On Nov 08, 2012
tomakint: Tithing is one of the greatest LEGACY Parents can bequeath to their children. Yeah its RIGHT for children to pay tithes because as they grow they learn to live with that notion. Tithing is one of the known remedy against POVERTY! Don't forget that wink

You guys don't just learn, do you? Aren't you reading other posts? Children don't pay tithe 'cos they have no income. Money you give to them are mere gift and nothing more.

Stop being gullible and religious. Religion will get you no where, but Jesus will.
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Nobody: 11:06am On Nov 08, 2012
dammy_king:
Dat hardwork is hustlin! Hustlin is a curve dat cam upon adam wen he disobeyed God! God said he wil eat 4rm d sweat of his face. Dr is wat we call d "BLESSING" if u check d 1st tin God did 2 adam wuz 2 bless him den wen he disobeyed d curse came! D blessing removes struggle 4rm ur lif nd 2 get dat blessing u must tithe.nd d reason y u must tithe is 2 acknowledge dat God is ur source!

wow. your case is deep. only God can open your eyes. Jesus never taught that. the apostles never taught that.

if anyman will not work (struggle), let him not eat.
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Born2beRich1(m): 11:07am On Nov 08, 2012
collins123:

[size=14pt]Mr Man, Paying tithe DOES NOT GUARANTEE a free ticket to heaven![/size]

Who said paying tithe will take you to heaven? what the poster is asking is whether it is right or wrong for a child to pay tithe....I dont know why people quickly jump to conclusion without reading what was posted all becos of the critism of the WORD OF GOD....
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 08, 2012
debrief08: I will teach my boys to share, give to the poor and respect others, I will teach them to work hard with their hands, be content and live simple lives not to be greedy and lazy believing God to be a money doubler.
I will teach them that they cannot serve a God they dont see if they dont serve the least among their brethren.
I will teach them to read the bible worship God in truth and not for benefits and miracles
God bless you. All this money doubling, miracle-seeking is the problem with christianity in Niigeria.
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:08am On Nov 08, 2012
To settle the contentious issue of tax, a brother who was always in the habit of not paying regularly decided to settle the matter with God.

The brother argued that since God gives us the 100% from which we are required to pay 10%, that he has now prayed to God to take his 10% at source so that whatever he gets will be his 90% and that way he wouldn't be robbing God again.
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by dammyking1(m): 11:08am On Nov 08, 2012
uhonmora:

Read this, learn and get out of the malachi 3:10 deception.

http://www.truthaccordingtoscripture.com/documents/articles/tithing.php
Gosh! So u r sayin d bible is a deception!.....nw I've read it!! May I ask wher dr got dier information 4rm?? Or beta stil is it a mare man u wuld bliv or d bible!?
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Nobody: 11:11am On Nov 08, 2012
Sunny_bobo: To settle the contentious issue of tax, a brother who was always in the habit of not paying regularly decided to settle the matter with God.

The brother argued that since God gives us the 100% from which we are required to pay 10%, that he has now prayed to God to take his 10% at source so that whatever he gets will be his 90% and that way he wouldn't be robbing God again.

God doesn't need your 10 percent. He blesses you to help others with your income. whether it's 5 percent or 40 percent.
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by dammyking1(m): 11:11am On Nov 08, 2012
uhonmora:

wow. your case is deep. only God can open your eyes. Jesus never taught that. the apostles never taught that.

if anyman will not work (struggle), let him not eat.
Get me rit!! I neva said u shud nt work!!! I said "struggling and hustling.
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Nobody: 11:12am On Nov 08, 2012
I am not a fan of tithing but I strongly believe anyone that wants to should. The idea of over tithing the family is not just a cheap way of exploiting the church members but also a crime.

It is as simple as this, a father earns money, pay tithe on the overall earning. From what is left of his earning, he gives out handout to the wife and kids, and the church which must have collected tithe on the gross earning, goes after the wife and kids to tithe out of their handouts. I know most people will see nothing wrong with this because whenever church is involve must Nigerians throw their reasoning to the gutter.

I believe it if high time churches look at this logically and find a better way to raise money( which they are always in dire needs of ) rather than robbing unsuspecting church members.

2 Likes

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Nobody: 11:13am On Nov 08, 2012
dammy_king:
Gosh! So u r sayin d bible is a deception!

open the link and read. you see the problem with some of you? you will never read and seek out truth. it's a shame.
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Nobody: 11:14am On Nov 08, 2012
You need to hear campus pastors advising students to tithe on their school fees.
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Born2beRich1(m): 11:14am On Nov 08, 2012
uhonmora:

you are a gentile. you never had the command to tithe. teach your children the importance of working hard and giving to the needy.

Dont make me laugh...... grin .....When you teach your child to pay tithe doesnt stop you from teaching him to give to the needy....You can pay your tithe and give to the needy....What is there.....Right from the beginning it has been there ,even Cain and Abel brought the sacrifices ( you can consider it too as tithe ) to God......If you dont want to pay your tithe nobody will stop or beg you but dont hinder other people from doing the will of God.....
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Beline(f): 11:14am On Nov 08, 2012
Tithing from which income? thought tithe is 10% of ones earning?
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Nobody: 11:16am On Nov 08, 2012
dammy_king:
Get me rit!! I neva said u shud nt work!!! I said "struggling and hustling.

what's struggling and hustling? will you sit in your house from. the age of 5 till you are 60 and not hustle?
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by victorD3: 11:21am On Nov 08, 2012
Paying tithe just for Adeboye to fuel his 3 private jets is absolutely insane. I don't pay tithe to anybody and I don't encourage anybody to pay. Give to charity.
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by texazzpete(m): 11:22am On Nov 08, 2012
Shows the FAILURE of Nigerian Christianity that this topic is about Tithing (which Jesus did not preach) and not about Charity (which Jesus based the majority of his parables and teachings on).

If you pay more attention to tithing than Charity, you are no Christian! #FACT

1 Like

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 08, 2012
dammy_king:
Gosh! So u r sayin d bible is a deception!.....nw I've read it!! May I ask wher dr got dier information 4rm?? Or beta stil is it a mare man u wuld bliv or d bible!?

just because the bible says something doesn't mean you should do it. I doubt you have even read the bible. all the way from the sojourn of the children of israel, their stubborness, the need for burnt offerings and tithes, the institution of priests to offer sacrifices, the structure of the levitical priesthood, the coming of christ, the abrogation of ordinances like tithes and offerings, the essence of grace...e.t.c.

you should wake up from your slumber, throw away those daily devotionals from nigerian pastors and study your bible alone.
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by solomonkane(m): 11:25am On Nov 08, 2012
Another display of extravagant stupidity from the "Nigerian Christian"(apologies to Elnathan). Tithing for children? Is there no length to which you people would not go to justify idiocy?
The day I see someone's epitaph with the inscription "DIED POOR BECAUSE HE DID NOT START PAYING TITHE FROM CHILDHOOD" I will believe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

6 Days To The Appearance Of Jesus Christ (13th September 2015) / RCCG Holy Ghost Congress 2023: Double Portion, December 5-11 / Which Is Wrong: From The Christian's Perspective?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.