Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,733 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? (13101 Views)

Should Students Be Paying Tithes. / Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief / Benefits Of Paying Tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by SamMilla1(m): 9:47am On Nov 08, 2012
Joagbaje:

Income doesn't have to be salary . Every one receives gifts and money . Babies at birth , pocket money , uncle dash .

What wouldn't you say to defend your deception?

2 Likes

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by troy20(m): 9:47am On Nov 08, 2012
esere826: If its an accepted church tradition, then its great that the kids learn at a tender age
Paying tith at dat age.arnt dat abuse? When he is supposd 2 improve intellectualy so he can handle d complexities of d ever changing world.hw can he develop a balanced personality since life is gettn 2 complex 4 d rigid ideals of religion.do u kno alota pple hav become hypocrites unknowingly because they cant reconcile d eva changing demands of life and d rigid doctrings of age old religion.
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by piica(m): 9:48am On Nov 08, 2012
Tithing is extortion read Hebrew 7 vs 11 and 12. It was done away wt be guided

2 Likes

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Nobody: 9:49am On Nov 08, 2012
Joagbaje:

Income doesn't have to be salary . Every one receives gifts and money . Babies at birth , pocket money , uncle dash .
Yesterday it was BLUNDER not LIE,
Today income can also be gift... Abi ... IN COME --- all incoming...

Pst Jo, Mr. Agbaje... You're a crook. You twist words to suit your greedy purposes. I hope your time comes soon, that you're locked up for being a crook and a criminal.

So according to you, if I give a kid 100 naira, he should give 10 naira to the church..

4 Likes

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by megxo(m): 9:50am On Nov 08, 2012
hw many of y'all pay dat 10?? abeg give dat money 2 d poor n God wud bless u even more>>>>>>>>>>>>

1 Like

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by buhak: 9:51am On Nov 08, 2012
the bible said train up your child the way he should go and when he grow up he will never depart from it. is your chioce, do what you like please
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by flambyn(f): 9:52am On Nov 08, 2012
CrazyMan: Tithing is a scam and should be eradicated.

Mogs of our generation have turned God's house into a business center...I think its high time the EFCC starts probing them one after the other.
U ar fUnY
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 08, 2012
Who says it is WRONG eh eh sorry RIGHT mtcheeew I mean WRONG ... Oh God LMAO.
*smh* grin
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by collins123(m): 9:54am On Nov 08, 2012
Joagbaje:
I started from childhood too.

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

[size=14pt]Mr Man, Paying tithe DOES NOT GUARANTEE a free ticket to heaven![/size]
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Nobody: 9:57am On Nov 08, 2012
These are the same foools that will say the Catholics are wrong for baptising kids at a young age...

What's wrong with teaching kids to give without expecting to receive? What's wrong in keeping this Lottery God scheme called tithe, till they are able to understand its purpose or mispurpose?

How can people who claim to be of a good God see daylight robbery and call it giving because it's done in the name of Christ?

This is not a matter of what would Christ do, cos if Christ would support this, then we'd better start burning Bibles...

4 Likes

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by lucynkem: 10:00am On Nov 08, 2012
For those who said yes, it is obvious that you do not know the meaning of tithe. It is a fraction of what one earns, so how would a child pay such when he or she is not working and earning a salary? Please lets read our bible well. Offerings can be given to them by their parents, but tithe, can only be paid by some who works and earn. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by maxit2(m): 10:00am On Nov 08, 2012
Bleep Bishop Oyedepo

1 Like

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by tunapawizzy: 10:01am On Nov 08, 2012
well if the pastors will not use the tithe to buy jets , then no problem with it
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by bee444: 10:01am On Nov 08, 2012
Joagbaje:

You're silly for vomiting the above statement. Income must be earned and required expertise. Monetary gifts are not counted as income but mere gift. Pastors taking tithe from children under the working age are distorting the Bible and fraudulently manipulating those kids.

Other income apart from salary are:

*income from your savings before tax is taken off
*investments, such as company dividends
pensions
*income from property
*income from trusts, settlements and estates
*foreign income
*notional income, for example, where income is available to you but you have not taken it

1 Like

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by babyluvmeu: 10:02am On Nov 08, 2012
Whereby the child has something he/she is doing it is very right, but if the child is not doing anything them reverse is the case.

But for me i do pay my Tithe every month it is very necessary, you are showing appreciation to God for the grace he has given to all throughout the month.

Please advice to all.

All of us should check ourselves very well if we are paying our Tithe the way i should be, Becus we can't cheat God, if we all think we can cheat God, then we are cheating ourselves. It is written in the Bible.
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by lucynkem: 10:02am On Nov 08, 2012
buhak: the bible said train up your child the way he should go and when he grow up he will never depart from it. is your chioce, do what you like please

Yes teach them the meaning and how to pay, but they should not start paying till they start earning
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by TableLeg(m): 10:05am On Nov 08, 2012
Tithing is a grand scale scam

1 Like

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by dammyking1(m): 10:07am On Nov 08, 2012
CrazyMan: Tithing is a scam and should be eradicated.

Mogs of our generation have turned God's house into a business center...I think its high time the EFCC starts probing them one after the other.
U r d biggest fool on nl! Beta go nd read ur bible! malachi 3:16
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by TableLeg(m): 10:07am On Nov 08, 2012
Tithing is a grand scale scam ...... A big sham!

1 Like

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Ndoz(m): 10:08am On Nov 08, 2012
Givers never lack
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Lordave: 10:11am On Nov 08, 2012
The church must be Living Faith... grin
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by chucky234(m): 10:13am On Nov 08, 2012
dammy_king:
U r d biggest fool on nl! Beta go nd read ur bible! malachi 3:16
and what does Malachi 3:16 says?
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by NAJALYN: 10:13am On Nov 08, 2012
Since when?
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by clerkent(m): 10:15am On Nov 08, 2012
U giv a child tite money nd he divert to mama iyabo shop to chew biscuit nd sweet.Hmm!
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by bee444: 10:23am On Nov 08, 2012
[quote author=babyluvme&u]Whereby the child has something he/she is doing it is very right, but if the child is not doing anything them reverse is the case.

But for me i do pay my Tithe every month it is very necessary, you are showing appreciation to God for the grace he has given to all throughout the month.

Please advice to all.

All of us should check ourselves very well if we are paying our Tithe the way i should be, Becus we can't cheat God, if we all think we can cheat God, then we are cheating ourselves. It is written in the Bible.

[/quote

You give offering to God and tithe to the needy. Offering is very necessary while tithe is not. Abraham paid tithe without being asked to do it. Tithe is voluntarily while offering is not.

"Bring ye all the tithe into the storehouse that there might be meat" means give your 10% to those who doesn't have. It also means give that brother or sister sitting beside you who doesn't have a tenth of your earnings. It is not mandatory but voluntarily. BTW, Jesus never paid tithe, but offering.
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Shieldjnr: 10:24am On Nov 08, 2012
tithe should be from the income of the giver so except if the child in question is doing something he is not to give tithe.but the parent can start teaching the child by given him theres to offer in there place by that he will be learning.thats what my dad used to do with me when i am small.
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by tunnytox(m): 10:25am On Nov 08, 2012
Joagbaje:

Desperadoes grin
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by dammyking1(m): 10:25am On Nov 08, 2012
Malachi 3:10 : "bring ye all the tithes into my storehouse,that there may be meat in mine house.and "PROVE ME NOW" here wihtin, saith the lord of host,if I will not open the windows of heaven and pour out a blessing,that there shall not be roon enough to receive"........readin dis scripture ans all d question.infact it is d ans to ur financial problem. Imagine God said "PROVE ME".he put his integrity on d line!! Nd u stil tink said pastor r scamming u! Its pathetic! God is a respecter of no man so even if it is a chill,God has said he will bless him/her nd dr shall nt b room enuf 2 receive!!!
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by dammyking1(m): 10:26am On Nov 08, 2012
chiteny: I saw this in church today and thought I should ask. undecided
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by RangeCars(m): 10:27am On Nov 08, 2012
Show me a man who does not pay 10% of what he earns and i will show a man who pays it and the track record of his success...................i have lived in both worlds and surely paying Tithe is a great thing to do. Just saying

1 Like

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 08, 2012
Joagbaje:

you don't even know the real, biblical meaning of tithes.
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by CrazyMan(m): 10:34am On Nov 08, 2012
RangeCars: Show me a man who does not pay 10% of what he earns and i will show a man who pays it and the track record of his success...................i have lived in both worlds and surely paying Tithe is a great thing to do. Just saying
In case you don't know, muslims don't pay tithes, and yet they are successful.

Most unbelievers don't pay tithes, and yet they're still successful.

Success doesn't come from paying tithe, rather it comes from hard work.

Finally...God isn't interested in your money but your heart...MOGs turn and twist the scriptures so you can ignorantly give them your hard earned cash.

Therefore I would suggest that you open your eyes to reality and stop living in ignorance.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Which Is Wrong: From The Christian's Perspective? / RCCG Holy Ghost Congress 2023: Double Portion, December 5-11 / The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.