Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,541 members, 7,819,923 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? (13097 Views)

Should Students Be Paying Tithes. / Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief / Benefits Of Paying Tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Nobody: 6:26am On Nov 09, 2012
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Nobody: 6:27am On Nov 09, 2012
Uhonmora.. u get time.. I applaud your efforts..

But some people are really not willing to learn..

It's simple..

I may be doing something wrong according to you, but it works for me. I don't care if the Bible supports it or not, I don't care if you have proof that the Bible supports it or not, I'm not willing to let go of TITHES, because it's the key to my PROSPERITY and that's all that matters.
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Nobody: 7:59am On Nov 09, 2012
musKeeto: Uhonmora.. u get time.. I applaud your efforts..

But some people are really not willing to learn..

It's simple..

I may be doing something wrong according to you, but it works for me. I don't care if the Bible supports it or not, I don't care if you have proof that the Bible supports it or not, I'm not willing to let go of TITHES, because it's the key to my PROSPERITY and that's all that matters.

And it is for these same people that false teachers have been raised. (2 Timothy 4:3-4).

They never really wanted God, they only want the prosperity that He (supposedly) gives. So, here's a greedy pastor who tells them that God wants to give them a 2013 toyota Camry and a 6 bedroom duplex, and a nice job and multiple entry UK visa....but they have to provoke him by paying their tithes so that the windows of heaven will release all these things.

They want what the pastors want and it's not God. It's the material riches....without working for it and using it to help the poor and needy.

My concern is for the christians, especially the poor, who have been misled by this fraudulent tithe doctrine. it's a shackle on the minds of some of them....and it is only when we continually feed them truth, that these (10%) chains ever have a chance of getting loose.

1 Like

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Born2beRich1(m): 9:54am On Nov 09, 2012
esere826:

And Adam in whose loins, Abraham was, did not pay tithes!!!!!

Don't you guys get it?!!!!!!
If u want to pay tithes, go ahead and do so
I actually feel its a good thing for the gospel's sake despite the greed of some pastors
just dont try to twist the bible into accepting your tithing narrative
the logic doesn't hold water from whatsoever angle you consider it

Thank you......It is not by force to pay tithe....If you dont want to it is your own headache....
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by meetgaya: 12:23pm On Nov 09, 2012
if there is a gift for a child, out out of that gift a tithe can be pay
plappville:

It should be His parent that gave the child to drop that envelop.

A child does not work, He/she still rely on parental care, How then would tithing be accepted from them? shocked

I give my Kids 50 cents each for offering. I believe Thats largely enough to educate them that giving is required in the house of God.

Outside that, they have no connection to hold money until they are old enough grin grin
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by meetgaya: 12:23pm On Nov 09, 2012
but a child has gift, tithes can be paid out of it.
chiteny:

I thought tithing was for those who have income as practiced in the bible; for people who "have come of age". What income would a child of less than 5yrs have?
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by meetgaya: 12:24pm On Nov 09, 2012
tithes is never a scam but biblical and every believing christians must obey
CrazyMan: Tithing is a scam and should be eradicated.

Mogs of our generation have turned God's house into a business center...I think its high time the EFCC starts probing them one after the other.
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by babyluvmeu: 12:29pm On Nov 09, 2012
If you don't knw anything, You better go home and read your Bible very well ok.

Just an advise to you ok.

Please don't seeeeeee it as an insult ok.
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by qutemichelle: 1:58pm On Nov 09, 2012
I fink its very wrong for a child to pay tithe.. The best a child should do is offering.. Cos tithe is the 10% of ur income. So where is the child working? Pocket money is not income either. I don't know why some pastors preach things I don't understand making people to think any money with them is for tithe....
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by chiteny(m): 2:38pm On Nov 09, 2012
meetgaya: tithes is never a scam but biblical and every believing christians must obey

...and children too??
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by chiteny(m): 2:40pm On Nov 09, 2012
meetgaya: but a child has gift, tithes can be paid out of it.

...and the gifts/monies they receive probably from mum and dad, has it not been tithed already?? So why the need to tithe on an already tithed money?
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by henryadex(m): 4:01pm On Nov 09, 2012
There is no tithing in the New Testament The one referred to by Jesus was pre-church era and it only concerns food items 4 the levites even in the old testament you don't bring money to the levites if the distance is too far to carry the load of foods you have to sell it and take the money to the market nearest to the designated place and buy those food items u sold and carry it to the priests .The Church era has changed the whole system. You now must give according to
how you ave purposed in your heart and willingly without any yardstick.God loves a cheerful giver NO MORE LEVITICAL PRIESTHOOD
THANKS

1 Like

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 09, 2012
http://www.theopenheavens.com/devotional/friday-8-june-say-no-to-stinginess/

lol. asides the curses and threats, just look at the keypoint towards the end.
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by PastorKun(m): 5:16pm On Nov 09, 2012
uhonmora: http://www.theopenheavens.com/devotional/friday-8-june-say-no-to-stinginess/

lol. asides the curses and threats, just look at the keypoint towards the end.

I just read through the devotioal via the link, i must say it's appalling how these fraudsters find a way to twist every scripture in the bible to mean giving money to them. He also found a way to introduce the tithing scam to the subject matter even though it had noting to do with tithe. Imagine recommending tithe of 90% shocked The extent of greed of these charlatans knows no limits angry

1 Like

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by henryadex(m): 5:35pm On Nov 09, 2012
Hello Brethren don't over flog this issue if u are a good bible student and filled with the holy Ghost
you will search the scripture to know dividing line between the old and the new New clothes on old ones will make a great rend also new wine in old wineskin will make a great burst An N.T giver gives all to Jesus not just tithes
If Christ is not Lord over your finances He's not over your life Go to these sites you will be better informed;
http://www.demonbuster.com/tithing.html
http://www.bibleinsight.com/#doctrine
O.K
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Bekmy(f): 6:02pm On Nov 09, 2012
[quote author=Zikkyy]

As long as it's from income (allowances/pocket money inclusive), age is not a factor.[i think u're right]
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by henryadex(m): 5:15pm On Nov 10, 2012
Malachi 3;10 says you should test God with ur tithe but the new testament says 'thou shall not tempt the Lord thy God
Why putting kids in a temptation mode asking 4 tithes It is wrong doctrine
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by chiteny(m): 10:13am On Nov 11, 2012
henryadex: Malachi 3;10 says you should test God with ur tithe but the new testament says 'thou shall not tempt the Lord thy God
Why putting kids in a temptation mode asking 4 tithes It is wrong doctrine

Tell them o my brother.
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Mar 31, 2017
Yet, the Pastor can not heal his face of acne and pimples.

The wiser, will always enslave the ignorant and part with their coins.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Let Us Be Honest- Life Is Both Meaningless And Purposeless / 6 Days To The Appearance Of Jesus Christ (13th September 2015) / The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.