Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,628 members, 7,820,220 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? (13099 Views)

Should Students Be Paying Tithes. / Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief / Benefits Of Paying Tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Nov 08, 2012
Some will even say that all christians must tithe no matter how impoverished they are otherwise they are robbing God and are cursed.

http://www.theopenheavens.com/devotional/saturday-21-january-tithing/

Imagine! the poor who are supposed to be supported by the tithes and offerings that have been received have a yoke hanged around their neck.

1 Like

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by rhymz(m): 12:22pm On Nov 08, 2012
fluffybaby: By the way, when a child of 13 or 18 or younger pays tithe the mnumu pastor should know that he should be in school studying not working. These pastors don't even serve God like missionaries of old who built many schools for the poor and dedicated time to teach the interedted people in the area to read and write. Nowadays they enjoy seeing porverty cos those expectant poor people will keep giving miracle expectation oferrings.
back in school, I know of eediots that gave their school fees as tithe to student pastors who were living lavishly and enjoying all the benefits of good life including pretty women. There was this gal from Christ Embassy who was a galfrend to my pal, she will dish out all her pocket and upkeep money to the church only to move in with my pal as a live-in gal friend. Trust my homeboy, he 4cked her brains out. . Lol

2 Likes

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Born2beRich1(m): 12:23pm On Nov 08, 2012
uhonmora:

Are you flying to heaven and giving God your tithes directly? have you asked your pastors what they do with the tithe collections week in, week out, month in, month out, year in, year out? if a substantial part of the money is not being used to take care of the needy, then you are not giving to God, you are giving to greedy men...because the essence of tithe collection practiced in israel was mainly to take care of the needy.

When solomon, david , abel gave offerings , did they fly to heaven to do so?....some comments you make are not neccessary and viable...

We all know that some pastors steal offering and tithe money, but i know of some that use the money judiciously, the pastors even sacrificed their plots, of land and financies( the pastor was a former M.D of a big company before you ask how he got his money) into the devlopment of the church, assisting of the needy and spreed of the gospel....I was there please....

We also know too that so many beggars on the road side are also fakes...willl you now say becos there are some fake needy people and beggers on the road you will not give to road side beggers or needy people again?

There are some scam charity organisations in different areas but will you say because of that you will not give to charity organisations too?

Common lets stop decieving ourselves and move on.....
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by tomakint: 12:39pm On Nov 08, 2012
uhonmora:

only if it is given to the poor and needy openly in church and not used to pay salaries and fund affluence. tithing is not a remedy against poverty, hardworking and determination is.

besides, poverty is not such a bad thing in itself...like your pastors make you to believe.

Hardwork and determination alone cannot guarantee you the needed remedy against poverty, if you think so I am advising you to think again! Why, I know and heard of a lot of guys who are working in big time companies like Shell, Chevron, Banks and other multinationals that are living in deficit, couldn't build houses of their own, not successful in marriage, not living in good health despite their so-called stupendous wealth. The issue is this, there is a Spirit called DEVOURER (read Malachi 3: 8-10) that visits every defaulter on this TITHING issue and its job is to act as its name is, DEVOUR! When you pay your tithe, God spoke in that portion of the BIBLE that HE will rebuke the DEVOURER for your sake, that means tithes can give you 100% sound health, debt-free life, sound and working marriages, divine protection etc. Friend, tithe is more than what you are viewing it to be, it's a question of praying for the discening Spirit of God to see it as it is, MY POINT!

1 Like

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Nov 08, 2012
Born 2be Rich:

When solomon, david , abel gave offerings , did they fly to heaven to do so?....some comments you make are not neccessary and viable...

We all know that some pastors steal offering and tithe money, but i know of some that use the money judiciously, the pastors even sacrificed their plots, of land and financies( the pastor was a former M.D of a big company before you ask how he got his money) into the devlopment of the church, assisting of the needy and spreed of the gospel....I was there please....

We also know too that so many beggars on the road side are also fakes...willl you now say becos there are some fake needy people and beggers on the road you will not give to road side beggers or needy people again?

There are some scam charity organisations in different areas but will you say because of that you will not give to charity organisations too?

Common lets stop decieving ourselves and move on.....

Nah, there is no basis for the tithe system as practiced today...let them rename it 'collections' and allow people give whatever amount they like without threats of curses and compulsions. that is the crux of the matter. that is what new testament giving is about.

....and to reiterate, a substantial part should be going towards meeting the needs of the poor.
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 08, 2012
dp.
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Born2beRich1(m): 12:54pm On Nov 08, 2012
uhonmora:

Nah, there is no basis of the tithe system as practiced today...let them rename it 'collections' and allow people give whatever amount they like without threats of curses and compulsions. that is the crux of the matter. that is what scriptures is about.

So it is the name that is the issue.....I would have agreed with you to change the name to the one that pleases you BUT THE WORD OF GOD DOES NOT CHANGE.....So that name, TITHE, can not change....... grin
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 08, 2012
tomakint:

Hardwork and determination alone cannot guarantee you the needed remedy against poverty, if you think so I am advising you to think again! Why, I know and heard of a lot of guys who are working in big time companies like Shell, Chevron, Banks and other multinationals that are living in deficit, couldn't build houses of their own, not successful in marriage, not living in good health despite their so-called stupendous wealth. The issue is this, there is a Spirit called DEVOURER (read Malachi 3: 8-10) that visits every defaulter on this TITHING issue and its job is to act as its name is, DEVOUR! When you pay your tithe, God spoke in that portion of the BIBLE that HE will rebuke the DEVOURER for your sake, that means tithes can give you 100% sound health, debt-free life, sound and working marriages, divine protection etc. Friend, tithe is more than what you are viewing it to be, it's a question of praying for the discening Spirit of God to see it as it is, MY POINT!

lol. your point, alright. Not the message of the scriptures. how many tithe defaulters in Europe, america and nigeria who live successful lives (according to your terms) have been visited by this devourer?

on the other hand, are all tithers home owners, debt free, immune to sickness and free from marriage troubles?

lol. you guys are just funny.

pick up your bible and study the article below beginning from part 1...Remember to prove everything you read from it. part one alone should give you enough understanding.

http://www.truthaccordingtoscripture.com/documents/articles/tithing.php

1 Like

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Nov 08, 2012
uhonmora:

Nah there is no basis of the tithe system as practiced today...let them rename it 'collections' and allow people give whatever amount they like without threats of curses and compulsions. that is the crux of the matter. that is what new testament about.

Born 2be Rich:

So it is the name that is the issue.....I would have agreed with you to change the name to the one that pleases you BUT THE WORD OF GOD DOES NOT CHANGE.....So that name, TITHE, can not change....... grin

lol. didn't you read the part where the minimum amount shouldn't be pegged and that it is to be voluntary? you guys do love to be deceived.
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 08, 2012
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:17pm On Nov 08, 2012
tomakint:

Dude, why hasn't the DEVOURER visited Dangote or Bill Gates?

2 Likes

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 08, 2012
Sunny_bobo:

"because these nontithers are the ones employing and paying salaries to the tithers."

that's his next response. just watch.

1 Like

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Goshen360(m): 1:38pm On Nov 08, 2012
^^^
grin grin grin....... cool
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 08, 2012
dammy_king:
U r d biggest fool on nl! Beta go nd read ur bible! malachi 3:16

lol.

it is someone with this mindset that will call for the neck of Jesus if He himself comes down to preach that the tithe is obsolete, and that the new system is voluntary giving to the poor and needy

"We will obey Mal 3:16, Mal. 3:16. Crucify Him, Crucify Him. He has committed blasphemy!"

These pastors eh. Anyway, they have their reward.

1 Like

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by tomakint: 1:42pm On Nov 08, 2012
Sunny_bobo:

Son, you make me laugh from your arguments you are trying to use logic to explain away the words of GOD, no, it doesn't work that way.Asking me about Dangote and Bill Gates is not the point here, God has said in his book (read Matthew 6) that HE send his rain both on the just and unjust (note that rain here means HIS manifold blessings) if you are a cheerful giver (like what Bill Gates, Dangote and other philanthropists are doing) there are some blessings attached get that one sraight. What we are discussing here is the issue of TITHE; and I have given you a telling descriptions of what that are attached in my other post.

1 Like

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Goshen360(m): 1:43pm On Nov 08, 2012
uhonmora:

"We will obey Mal 3:16, Mal. 3:16. Crucify Him, Crucify Him. He has committee blasphemy!"

grin grin grin.......... grin grin grin
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 08, 2012
tomakint:
Son, you make me laugh from your arguments you are trying to use logic to explain away the words of GOD, no, it doesn't work that way.Asking me about Dangote and Bill Gates is not the point here, God has said in his book (read Matthew 6) that HE send his rain both on the just and unjust (note that rain here means HIS manifold blessings) if you are a cheerful giver (like what Bill Gates, Dangote and other philanthropists are doing) there are some blessings attached get that one sraight. What we are discussing here is the issue of TITHE; and I have given you a telling descriptions of what that are attached in my other post.

lol. He gave you an exemption to your rule of the devourer visiting every nontither, and you are here saying that even nontithers who give to the needy can also receive blessings from God and be successful.

very good. can you take this same message to your pastor next sunday?

1 Like

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by PastorKun(m): 1:52pm On Nov 08, 2012
Born 2be Rich:

The name tithe cannot change but the tithe itself can change abi As we all know biblical tithes is from food crops and livestock it was mere men that changed it to money from income. Talk of not changing the word of God angry sheer hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by tunnytox(m): 2:08pm On Nov 08, 2012
Tithes as being preached today by several pastors is 100% scam.
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 08, 2012
Pastor Kun:

The name tithe cannot change but the tithe itself can change abi As we all know biblical tithes is from food crops and livestock it was mere men that changed it to money from income. Talk of not changing the word of God angry sheer hypocrisy.

I wonder. if they insist on practicing tithing (which according to their unwritten rule is 10% and above), why can't they tell members to use the money to buy bags of rice, beans, cow, clothes, e.t.c and distribute to the needy. bring these things in your car when you come to church. Cook the foodstuff and slaughter the goat or chicken and then invite all the the poor people to come eat or distribute the raw foodstuff to those who need it. they should do away with cash, make it voluntary and not threaten people who don't have to give..

if they all did this everyweek, less people will have issues with tithing

sigh.
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Born2beRich1(m): 2:10pm On Nov 08, 2012
Pastor Kun:

I wonder why some poeple put on names dey dont deserve, am sorry to say....Those days they used crops to serve as tithes to God, yes, if your pastor tells you to go and bring various crops as tithes unto the Lord, people like you will come out again and say pastor is using the crops for business or this or that.....

I am not supporting any pastor, but let us do the will of God.

If you can pay your tithe in form of crops, DO IT and stop getting the issue misunderstood...
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Goshen360(m): 2:12pm On Nov 08, 2012
^^^
Brother, Study to show yourself approved unto God....Tithe (whether crops or animals or whatever is called tithe) ended in Hebrews 7.
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by fluffybaby(f): 2:13pm On Nov 08, 2012
rhymz: back in school, I know of eediots that gave their school fees as tithe to student pastors who were living lavishly and enjoying all the benefits of good life including pretty women. There was this gal from Christ Embassy who was a galfrend to my pal, she will dish out all her pocket and upkeep money to the church only to move in with my pal as a live-in gal friend. Trust my homeboy, he 4cked her brains out. . Lol

LOL. I remember in school one yeye student pastor that I had respect for before o just called me and told me that all this small small money I give him do I think that it will lead him to pray for Gods favour on me? That instead I should give him big money like my school fees and see how he will challenge God for me. This na mumu man wey be say me go squeeze my last bucks entertain on a good day anytime he pays me a visit. That was the last day I spoke with him or anyome from that felowship.
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 08, 2012
Born 2be Rich:

I wonder why some poeple put on names dey dont deserve, am sorry to say....Those days they used crops to serve as tithes to God, yes, if your pastor tells you to go and bring various crops as tithes unto the Lord, people like you will come out again and say pastor is using the crops for business or this or that.....

I am not supporting any pastor, but let us do the will of God.

If you can pay your tithe in form of crops, DO IT and stop getting the issue misunderstood...

lol. the will of God in this dispensation is to give sacrificially, voluntarily and cheerfully. there is no fixed minimum percentage....

edit: and before pastors change their tactics, the collections should majorly go towards the welfare of the poor.

1 Like

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Goshen360(m): 2:20pm On Nov 08, 2012
^^^
You are really doing good son.....keep the truth of the gospel flowing. Let me leave you alone to deal with "Born 2be Rich" as I can see you are already doing well. Glory to God.

uhonmora:

lol. the will of God in this dispensation is to give sacrificially, voluntarily and cheerfully. there is no fixed minimum percentage.
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Born2beRich1(m): 2:29pm On Nov 08, 2012
Goshen360: ^^^
Brother, Study to show yourself approved unto God....Tithe (whether crops or animals or whatever is called tithe) ended in Hebrews 7.

I laugh with pity....
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Goshen360(m): 2:31pm On Nov 08, 2012
^^^

If you like laugh in tongues......Go study Hebrews 7. Therein is your deliverance!
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 08, 2012
You are really doing good son.....keep the truth of the gospel flowing. Let me leave you alone to deal with "Born 2be Rich" as I can see you are already doing well. Glory to God.

thank you. the men of the cloth have done a lot of damage with their twisted tithe doctrine...and if maybe just one person reads the discussion and decides to search the truth himself, and is convinced, then this discussion would have achieved it's purpose.
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Born2beRich1(m): 2:32pm On Nov 08, 2012

I want to ask you one question...

How many times have you used 10percent or less of your income to buy crops or food stuff and given to the poor and needy?...
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Goshen360(m): 2:39pm On Nov 08, 2012
Born 2be Rich:

I want to ask you one question...

How many times have you used 10percent or less of your income to buy crops or food stuff and given to the poor and needy?...

I used to tithe my income but after I studied in the word, I screamed like the blind man that was made whole when Jesus healed him......"Now, I can see". God doesn't command Christians to "pay" ten percent of their income to church, the poor or even buy crops for tithe. There is NOTHING like tithe for Christians in the New Testament. If you have tithe for NT Christian, show us just one, I mean just one scripture where Christians are told to tithe. NT is based on giving, and everyman according to how he purpose in his heart and more importantly, not grudgingly nor of necessity nor compulsory....it is based on Grace bro.

1 Like

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by JeSoul(f): 2:41pm On Nov 08, 2012
fluffybaby:

LOL. I remember in school one yeye student pastor that I had respect for before o just called me and told me that all this small small money I give him do I think that it will lead him to pray for Gods favour on me? That instead I should give him big money like my school fees and see how he will challenge God for me. This na mumu man wey be say me go squeeze my last bucks entertain on a good day anytime he pays me a visit. That was the last day I spoke with him or anyome from that felowship.
LOL...the shamelessness of these theives is just...shameful.

Brother Goshen kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

6 Days To The Appearance Of Jesus Christ (13th September 2015) / Which Is Wrong: From The Christian's Perspective? / RCCG Holy Ghost Congress 2023: Double Portion, December 5-11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.