Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,479 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion (19572 Views)

President Buhari's ''the One I Trust'' Is Leading Nigeria To A Dangerous Zone. / Buhari Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria - Edwin Clark / PH Shooting: Jonathan Leading Nigeria To Hell - Fani-kayode (Published Last Yr) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Diogo1(m): 6:43pm On Nov 04, 2012
I am at loss. I weep for this great nation. I have been an observer on many threads in Nairaland and other blogs. All I see is tribalism disaffection, conspiracy theories and a whole bunch of unhappy citizens.

Fortunately for me, I went to a Federal Government College 26 years ago. I have seen that as young or growing teens we were more detribalized than what is obtainable presently. We saw ourselves as brothers. Fortunately/unfortunately (depending on your view) most of my friends look at or judge persons from other tribes based sorely on their personal conduct and utterances.

That said, Nigeria is bedeviled with a lot of ills, corruption, Boko Haram, ethnic killings, murders, tribalism, general insecurity, power tussles, phcn wahala (although improving) high unemployment, oil bunkering, just name it. The list is endless.

I was in banking for 11 years, most of my colleagues looked at it as an opportunity to get rich quick. If those at the top were looting, they could as well help themselves at the branch level. I thought that was all. I now have a little office and some of my employees look at my office as their own (opportunity to get a slice of their) national cake. Are we all like this and we believe corruption will stop?

We all agree that what we need is good and purposeful leadership. Do you know any Nigerian (both within or outside) that can truely lead us out of our current predicaments? What qualities has he/she to do that? Do you believe he/she will not transform only his geo-political zone and appoint his/her cronies to exalted offices?

Can we truely get a leader who is not corrupt or one who will willing want to be initiated into corruption? Should it be Oshimole, Okorocha, Fashola, David Mark, or even a woman like the finance or petroleum ministers? Who can do the magic?

I really need your nominations, opinions, thoughts and reasons for your suggestions. Thank you.
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by k2039: 7:30pm On Nov 04, 2012
K2039 is the man for the job.

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by PaulJohn1: 7:45pm On Nov 04, 2012
^^
Since 2004 you've been looking for job and you haven't gotten one grin
Naa, we need experienced man to lead us tongue
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Callotti: 7:47pm On Nov 04, 2012
Since Nigerians are sheep without shepherd, any blind bat would do. kiss
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 04, 2012
None that i know of.
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Diogo1(m): 11:04pm On Nov 04, 2012
it is so unfortunate that after more than 50 views, there is not even a single suggestion. Why can't we find a leader in this country?
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by dirifred(m): 9:32am On Nov 05, 2012
I sincerely think that GEJ is doing a nice job, I will wait a little more for his programs to yield. He is just my choice of leader for now.

17 Likes

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 05, 2012
FASHOLA

21 Likes

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by MORNDEW(m): 11:27am On Nov 05, 2012
i think Fashola will b okay based on his transformation of Lagos State
the likes of Adams Oshiomhole, Rochas Okorocha and Donald Duke
would also do well

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by chosen04(f): 3:35pm On Nov 05, 2012
illitrate: FASHOLA

You mean you want the Yoruba man that increased a state university fee by 1,900% and islamically justified it to led ur cursed country? Its now very obvious that the cursed entity can never see salvation.

******shakes head*******

17 Likes

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by JomoGbomo2(m): 3:43pm On Nov 05, 2012
...........The question is not who, I think it should rather be: Are Nigerians ready to be liberated?

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 05, 2012
chosen04:

You mean you want the Yoruba man that increased a state university fee by 1,900% and islamically justified it to led ur cursed country? Its now very obvious that the cursed entity can never see salvation.

******shakes head*******
You would rather prefer a rochas who has utter disregard for democracy and the judiciary or a chime who got his wife sister pregnant or a theodore who deported non-abia ibos from his state.Tribalistic biatch !

30 Likes

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by 1025: 4:11pm On Nov 05, 2012
dirifred: I sincerely think that GEJ is doing a nice job, I will wait a little more for his programs to yield. He is just my choice of leader for now.

jonathan started from bayelsa and now as the president of nigeria for almost 3 yrs, pls can you point to those things he is doing that makes u think he is the best?

@topic,
it is not about the individuals rather it is a systematic problem. we need institutions and not individuals. if we have a police that is free politics and politicians, if we have a court that is independent of politics and politicians, if we have EFCC that will not ask the president his relationship with an offender before taking actions, if we have a constitution that will be for all and supreme to all nigerians, if we can have an inec that is not personally owned by a person or party, give us a nafdac that will not be all about dora akunyili.
until this country cleansed of godfathers and above the law individuals or what jonathan will call cabals, nobody even obama will make a headway here.
the first step in the right direction will be to crack this great building(current democracy) that has a faulty foundation(pdp)and start all over again.
if we punish criminals they way they shld be, i tell u just anybody can rule nigeria.
apart from that, the only other near possible option we have here is to use a military man with sense of sanity and with enough boldness to handle this mess and one tested and trusted name that comes to my mind is BUHARI.

77 Likes

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by jigawatts(m): 4:25pm On Nov 05, 2012
RIBADU/FASHOLA ............ I've always said this and It wont change

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by xrazzy(m): 4:40pm On Nov 05, 2012
Wole Soyinka/chinua Achebe

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by miketonic(m): 4:41pm On Nov 05, 2012
i think JESUS christ is capable of leading nigerian to a new world. imagine, a man turn water to wine, and feed thousand of people with a piece of shrimp. with is power he can turn the corrupt to good doers and the ALuu community to saint. dont forget, he can walk on water, you tell me who among the politicians can walk on water? case close

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 05, 2012
What is wrong with GEJ's leadership

Didn't you all vote for him? Did you all say, "He is from a poor background so he will understand the plight of the poor Nigerian"?

Please, enjoy what you voted for. GEJ is definitely leading Nigeria................ into the abyss cheesy

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Afam4eva(m): 4:42pm On Nov 05, 2012
What we need is a technocrat in the mould of Chukwuma Soludo, Pat Utomi and dedicated people like Dora Akunyili, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, Oby Ezekwesili and sticklers for rules like Rochas Okorocha, Babatunde Raji Fashola and Adams Oshiomole.

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 05, 2012
Donald duke president and Rochas Okorocha VP

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 05, 2012
miketonic: i think JESUS christ is capable of leading nigerian to a new world. imagine, a man turn water to wine, and feed thousand of people with a piece of shrimp. with is power he can turn the corrupt to good doers and the ALuu community to saint. dont forget, he can walk on water, you tell me who among the politicians can walk on water? case close
Lmao...
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by daparadise(m): 4:43pm On Nov 05, 2012
Serious question...only God know who's head fit the cap...none of those people mentioned for now, not evev GEJ...baba OBJ should be called back to office I think

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 05, 2012
GEJ remains the only via option for now and Yes, he is capable of leading Nigeria now. Fashola will have my vote after 2019. He actually should be the one to take over from GEJ.

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by xrazzy(m): 4:43pm On Nov 05, 2012
miketonic: i think JESUS christ is capable of leading nigerian to a new world. imagine, a man turn water to wine, and feed thousand of people with a piece of shrimp. with is power he can turn the corrupt to good doers and the ALuu community to saint. dont forget, he can walk on water, you tell me who among the politicians can walk on water? case close
.....na wa o!
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 05, 2012
x-razzy:
Wole Soyinka/chinua Achebe

Those two old, senile f00ls who are still trying to be relevant by quarter to the grave

Bruv please try again.
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Kslib(m): 4:43pm On Nov 05, 2012
Tb joshua.. I dont trust any of those politicians..none
As for me, na Tb joshua..

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by eduson55(m): 4:43pm On Nov 05, 2012
[size=50pt]me[/size]

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by shadrach77: 4:43pm On Nov 05, 2012
myself! but on a serious note Pastor EA Adeboye smiley smiley smiley

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by omega7ky: 4:45pm On Nov 05, 2012
If you believe....You will see the goodness of the Land...I believe what it takes to become the next president of the country....WATCH OUT....AJIBOYE AYODELE FOR PRESIDENT...This is not a Joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! undecided kiss
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Clerverly: 4:45pm On Nov 05, 2012
Idowuogbo

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by 50calibre(m): 4:46pm On Nov 05, 2012
I think there is only one man capable of leading Nigeria now, he is fearless, he is educated and in touch with civilization and the respect for human rights and most of all he has a strict anti-corruption policy. His name is NUHU RIBADU

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by gregg2: 4:46pm On Nov 05, 2012
GEJ is doing a good job. Haters will always critice no matter who we have incharge.
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 05, 2012
Let's give Mohammud Buhari a chance!

35 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Adamawa, Kano, Ogun, Oyo Top List Of Buhari’s Aides; Imo, Edo Top Agencies / Fasoranti: I Never Said Adebanjo Is No Longer Afenifere Leader / Passport Home Delivery Begins February 2024 — Interior Minister