Stats: 3,153,449 members, 7,819,659 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion (19590 Views)

President Buhari's ''the One I Trust'' Is Leading Nigeria To A Dangerous Zone. / Buhari Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria - Edwin Clark / PH Shooting: Jonathan Leading Nigeria To Hell - Fani-kayode (Published Last Yr) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by seunajia: 5:15pm On Nov 05, 2012
@OP I feel your pain. I attended a unity school too and the issue of tribe never reared it's ugly head.

Having said that, the bitter truth is that Nigerians are not ready to be liberated. If not we would have voted a Ribadu or Buhari in 2011.

The cabal that's holding us hostage owns the ruling party. Like someone said, it does not take the leader alone, he has to be surrounded by people of like mind. The David-Marks, Orasanyes and co do not cut it.

We know the solution to our problems, but politics of N500 and "na my village man" won't allow us move forward.

Let's RESET the system. The others like most people would want to argue are not better, but let's have variety, reset the system.

To the question,

I like Fashola (but I think he's not ripe. Let him go to the senate first).
I may like Ribadu, but I'm wary of him because of the evil Obasanjo used him for.
People say good of Akapbio. I don't know him.

Buhari remains my man. But if any of the three men above him contest in his absence, I'll give it to them.

Forget Rochas, he ain't got game. Ask Owerri people.

Oshiomole should continue in Edo, his time will come.

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Mavrick2012: 5:15pm On Nov 05, 2012
Wat if we try JEGA?i mean Jonatan Ebele Gudluk Azikiwe. LOL!!!
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by takedat(m): 5:19pm On Nov 05, 2012
pDude:
embarassed

Your opinion means nothing to me.
It is just a collection of letters on a webpage that changes nothing but serves as a forum to entertain most of us.

No insult intended bruv. tongue
Just felt if you had a contrary opinion you could have stated it nicely. Its all good bro!
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by mejai(m): 5:19pm On Nov 05, 2012
A man wit a radical military background as presido and ribadu as vice.
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Truckpusher(m): 5:24pm On Nov 05, 2012
Unless we go back to fiscal federalism for each region to struggle to outsmart the orders economically,socially and every other positive ingredients of regional autonomy we will never have a good leadership.
How would you expect to get a good leadership when our state gorvernors goes to Abuja to take state allocation without any vision of generating any form of revenue internally,this style of governance is usually surrounded by sycophants and vagabonds forget the big grammar they speak and the agbada they are wearing, ordinarily in a sane society some of our so called leaders and elites are just common criminals that are well profiled by the state police and all their movement monitored.Finally ,until we change our constitution to serve the will of the people and not this criminally motivated trash of paper given to us by the oppressive criminal regime of the military that we call our constitution we will never go anywhere, because it can be manipulated against the people....HAS ANYONE LOOKED CRITICALLY INTO THE NIGERIAN CONSTITUTION AND SEE THE FLAWS THAT ENCOURAGES HIGHHANDEDNESS

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by sunkoye: 5:26pm On Nov 05, 2012
Clerverly: Idowuogbo
smh!
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by asolandis: 5:26pm On Nov 05, 2012
GEJ is still the only person that can lead this country for now. Just that people are just vexing because of the subsidy he introduced @ January.
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by digospel2: 5:27pm On Nov 05, 2012
please, the grace of God is sufficient for Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonatahan Azikiwe to complete his eight [8] years tenure before we should begin to search for another leader. Support, pray and stand by GEJ in 2015. grin cheesy kiss

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 05, 2012
sesandavid: Let's give Mohammud Buhari a chance!

Rephrase comment:

Let's give Boko Haram a chance!

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by KENESAGA(m): 5:28pm On Nov 05, 2012
NIGERIAN PROBLEM NOW IS NOT JUST GUD LEADERSHIP ALONE WITHOUT GUD FOLLOWERS, 4RM NL I SEE DAT MOST OF US DON'T BELIEVE SAY NAIJA GO BETER AGAIN, SO WHO EVER COMES IN WITHOUT OUR BELIEVE 4 GUD DAYS AHEAD, NOTHING'LL CHANGE. GEJ IS TRYING IF U HV EYE.
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by peruso: 5:28pm On Nov 05, 2012
eduson55: [size=50pt]me[/size]

I tot no one will do dis!!!

ME ojare!!
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by lynton(m): 5:29pm On Nov 05, 2012
Diogo1: I am at loss. I weep for this great nation. I have been an observer on many threads in Nairaland and other blogs. All I see is tribalism disaffection, conspiracy theories and a whole bunch of unhappy citizens.

Fortunately for me, I went to a Federal Government College 26 years ago. I have seen that as young or growing teens we were more detribalized than what is obtainable presently. We saw ourselves as brothers. Fortunately/unfortunately (depending on your view) most of my friends look at or judge persons from other tribes based sorely on their personal conduct and utterances.

That said, Nigeria is bedeviled with a lot of ills, corruption, Boko Haram, ethnic killings, murders, tribalism, general insecurity, power tussles, phcn wahala (although improving) high unemployment, oil bunkering, just name it. The list is endless.

I was in banking for 11 years, most of my colleagues looked at it as an opportunity to get rich quick. If those at the top were looting, they could as well help themselves at the branch level. I thought that was all. I now have a little office and some of my employees look at my office as their own (opportunity to get a slice of their) national cake. Are we all like this and we believe corruption will stop?

We all agree that what we need is good and purposeful leadership. Do you know any Nigerian (both within or outside) that can truely lead us out of our current predicaments? What qualities has he/she to do that? Do you believe he/she will not transform only his geo-political zone and appoint his/her cronies to exalted offices?

Can we truely get a leader who is not corrupt or one who will willing want to be initiated into corruption? Should it be Oshimole, Okorocha, Fashola, David Mark, or even a woman like the finance or petroleum ministers? Who can do the magic?

I really need your nominations, opinions, thoughts and reasons for your suggestions. Thank you.

I quite sure Gen. Buhari is the man that can have the moral standing to turning things around. Looking at the level of corruption and abuse of office by current group of leaders, we need someone that is not currently in government to lead. Is high time we put sentiment apart and think straight. I'm an igbo young man but I so much believe in Gen. Buhari. I'm sure he will deliver and correct so much ills already existing in our society today. All the others you mentioned I don't think they will put up what we need now in Nigeria. For Gov. Rochas, we are still have to study him more.

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 05, 2012
asolandis: GEJ is still the only person that can lead this country for now. Just that people are just vexing because of the subsidy he introduced @ January.
digospel2: please, the grace of God is sufficient for Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonatahan Azikiwe to complete his eight(cool years tenure before we should begin to search for another leader. Support, pray and stand by GEJ in 2015.
sad sad sad

I find it hard to still believe that there are people on this earth who still say things like these.
cry

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Limaoscar: 5:32pm On Nov 05, 2012
GEJ for "Now"cool

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by seyigiggle: 5:33pm On Nov 05, 2012
lets not waste our bandit and the space here.
the cabal knows.
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by kcsider: 5:33pm On Nov 05, 2012
Give OBJ 1 more term

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 05, 2012
No Other Person Tahn Someone Like Gadaffi...
And Who Else Has That Trait

BUHARI

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 05, 2012
kcsider: Give OBJ 1 more term

That's a thought grin

At least then we were eating turkey with every meal and na who Born Buhari and Atiku to open mouth during his tenure.

Nowadays any cattle rearer with an Ak47 thinks he is Rambo.

I miss OBJ's days sad.

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by KENESAGA(m): 5:37pm On Nov 05, 2012
YES BRF IS SEEN AS THE BEST GOV 4 NOW, BUT AS PRESDO, THE OPPOSITIONS(CABALS) MAY NOT ALLOW HIM PERFORM AS IN THE CASE OF GEJ. INFACT NOBODY CAN CHANGE NAIJA EXCEPT ONE MAN "JESUS" WITHOUT HIM NOBODY CAN LEAD NAIJA IN THIS STATE.
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by akeens1(m): 5:38pm On Nov 05, 2012
watch out D man 2 revolutionalize Nigeria. Akin Oluwatobi.
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by 50calibre(m): 5:39pm On Nov 05, 2012
pDude:

So you already know that he is Tinubu's puppet, yet you still support him?

You all knew GEJ was a clueless buffoon yet you still supported him in a like manner.

No wonder Nigeria is the way it is.

Didn't you read what I wrote or don't you understand it? I said every politician seeking a top job is a puppet. GEJ is a puppet, fashola is a puppet, even Obama is a puppet, mit Romney is a puppet, if you are no ones puppet you can't gather enough support to climb to a public office.

If you know any Nigerian politician who isn't a puppet, feel free to say it and answer the question that was asked ( who is the best candidate for Nigeria) and stop trying to give little credibility to people's opinions

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by bowee4u: 5:43pm On Nov 05, 2012
Ribadu is the man

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Laruze: 5:44pm On Nov 05, 2012
A BUHARI will get the job done. Corruption has really eaten deep into Nigeria `s system. we need a tested and trusted leader like Buhari at this stage of Nigeria`s life to wipe out corruption, indiscipline, tribalism and nepotism. Reorganize all law enforcing institutions like Police, judiaciary, legistlature etc and establish a more vibrant anti-corruption institution like the EFCC of old. I believe corruption is the first disease that need to be tackled followed closely by indiscipline which we all are guilty of. Am sure we all knw and can attest to the fact that a typical Nigerian has lost some of his/her morals because we all live in a failed state.

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by 50calibre(m): 5:44pm On Nov 05, 2012
pDude:

So does Ribadu look like it is $15 million that is his problem? I know it is a colossal amount for you but does he look that hungry?

Seems you have no idea of his worth. Go and do your study on Ribadu and tell me if that small change is his problem.

Man shut up! $15 million is a huge sum even by bill gates standard, $15 million can get you a large mansion even in holmby hills.

I take it you don't know the value of money, because you've never has any. maybe you think we are talking of
naira.

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by onyewec3: 5:48pm On Nov 05, 2012
As a benefactor of d 40-man laptop,GEJ is our messiah
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by tempex88(m): 5:49pm On Nov 05, 2012
fashola, ribadu, buhari can try cos 9jerians need a tough man. A man that wont negotiate with terrorist
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by mamagee3(f): 5:55pm On Nov 05, 2012
No one yet not until a selfless soul has been sent from heaven to save that backward country.

Right now, Nigeria needs a civilized, selfless and serious leader.

A leader that has the country at heart not a leader that first measures up the country's billions.

That's what Nigeria needs to be saved and right now I don't see any man in Nigeria that possesses all these qualities so I say no one is qualified to rule Nigeria.
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by boron10(m): 5:55pm On Nov 05, 2012
Why is nobody mentioning El rufai

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 05, 2012
50calibre:

Didn't you read what I wrote or don't you understand it? I said every politician seeking a top job is a puppet. GEJ is a puppet, fashola is a puppet, even Obama is a puppet, mit Romney is a puppet, if you are no ones puppet you can't gather enough support to climb to a public office.

If you know any Nigerian politician who isn't a puppet, feel free to say it and answer the question that was asked ( who is the best candidate for Nigeria) and stop trying to give little credibility to people's opinions

I understand you perfectly. Even Pinocchio was a puppet but did he remain a puppet forever?

Hitler and Stalin were both puppets but they were able to cut loose from their restraints and achieve historical greatness.

if 5 years later and Fashola is still a puppet, what does this tell about his character? You tell me.
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by codeline(m): 5:55pm On Nov 05, 2012

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 05, 2012
boron10: Why is nobody mentioning El rufai

wtf?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna / Germany To Begin Supply Of Military Hardware To Nigeria / APC Expels John Akpan Udoedehe, Former Minister

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52