Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,330 members, 7,819,132 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion (19587 Views)

President Buhari's ''the One I Trust'' Is Leading Nigeria To A Dangerous Zone. / Buhari Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria - Edwin Clark / PH Shooting: Jonathan Leading Nigeria To Hell - Fani-kayode (Published Last Yr) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by NIKKnJAZZ(f): 7:17am On Nov 06, 2012
jigawatts: RIBADU/FASHOLA ............ I've always said this and It wont change

Word!
Don't forget El-Rufai
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by NIKKnJAZZ(f): 7:28am On Nov 06, 2012
pDude:
embarassed

Your opinion means nothing to me.
It is just a collection of letters on a webpage that changes nothing but serves as a forum to entertain most of us.

No insult intended bruv. tongue

take dat: Just felt if you had a contrary opinion you could have stated it nicely. Its all good bro!

Awww... so cute you guys

1 Like

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by controlseven: 7:34am On Nov 06, 2012
TONTO DIKE! She is mature, humble, industrious and determined even against all odds.
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Nobody: 7:42am On Nov 06, 2012
1025:

jonathan started from bayelsa and now as the president of nigeria for almost 3 yrs, pls can you point to those things he is doing that makes u think he is the best?

@topic,
it is not about the individuals rather it is a systematic problem. we need institutions and not individuals. if we have a police that is free politics and politicians, if we have a court that is independent of politics and politicians, if we have EFCC that will not ask the president his relationship with an offender before taking actions, if we have a constitution that will be for all and supreme to all nigerians, if we can have an inec that is not personally owned by a person or party, give us a nafdac that will not be all about dora akunyili.
until this country cleansed of godfathers and above the law individuals or what jonathan will call cabals, nobody even obama will make a headway here.
the first step in the right direction will be to crack this great building(current democracy) that has a faulty foundation(pdp)and start all over again.
if we punish criminals they way they shld be, i tell u just anybody can rule nigeria.
apart from that, the only other near possible option we have here is to use a military man with sense of sanity and with enough boldness to handle this mess and one tested and trusted name that comes to my mind is BUHARI.
. ---POST OF THE DECADE!!!
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by vicholas(m): 7:47am On Nov 06, 2012
Holy spirit will surely that
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Smooyis(m): 7:52am On Nov 06, 2012
Kslib: Tb joshua.. I dont trust any of those politicians..none
As for me, na Tb joshua..
Because of his calling, we may be dreaming if we are thinking of having Prophet T B Joshua rule us. But we should give him room for him to choose a Godly Leader for Nigeria as he did for Ghana when they had Late President John Attah Mills. We can neva choose the right leader for ourselves.
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Toktee(m): 8:30am On Nov 06, 2012
Nigerians are confused,iz pathatic!!,
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by banki(m): 8:36am On Nov 06, 2012
ayox2003:

All what u wrote used to be my position on Fashola.

Fashola is not clean at all. Was at South Africa recently and the cabby who took me around asked me if I knew a nigerian governor who goes by the name babatunde. He said Fashola bought high classed luxury houses in SA. Fash's a very popular fella there!!!

Come-to-think-of-it, what has he really done? Tolls at admiralty way, increased school fees, rubbish traffic laws without good roads, flowers and parks, oshodi "cleansing"...

When i read posts like this i get amazed and scared for our youth, trust me no sentiments Fashola has proven to be one of the best administrators nigeria ever has had he is proactive and smart,

Whats the fuss about the okada ban, when the ban okada in Abuja did people die, when calabar did it did crime increase? when portharcourt and aakwaibom and even bayelsa did it hell did not break loose? go and use the BRT lande and BRT buses that were provided, good roads have been built drainages constructed may not be every where in lagos but give it to this man, and stop the nonsense of pulling him down, whats wrong in fixing and expanding and tolling the lekki expressway? or you did not see the bridge between lekki and ikoyi? or you cant see the monorail project? I live in Abuja but i have been in lagos for the past 3weeks work has taken me through various parts of lagos, and i know this is not the lagos of 5 years ago, I also know jobs were created, the arguments between the lagos doctors and fashola remains a landmark political and economic debate, and you know what if i were a lagos resident i wouldnt let PDP smell alausa because if we had a fashola replicated in 36 states and at the presidncy Nigeria would have een a bettre place

I will never cast my vote for an impostor. Laye.

Frawzey
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 06, 2012
pDude:

Those two old, senile f00ls who are still trying to be relevant by quarter to the grave

Bruv please try again.
do u have father at all.at least duo are useful to humanity than ur entire family dead or alive.
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Meristem: 9:06am On Nov 06, 2012
1025:

jonathan started from bayelsa and now as the president of nigeria for almost 3 yrs, pls can you point to those things he is doing that makes u think he is the best?

@topic,
it is not about the individuals rather it is a systematic problem. we need institutions and not individuals. if we have a police that is free politics and politicians, if we have a court that is independent of politics and politicians, if we have EFCC that will not ask the president his relationship with an offender before taking actions, if we have a constitution that will be for all and supreme to all nigerians, if we can have an inec that is not personally owned by a person or party, give us a nafdac that will not be all about dora akunyili.
until this country cleansed of godfathers and above the law individuals or what jonathan will call cabals, nobody even obama will make a headway here.
the first step in the right direction will be to crack this great building(current democracy) that has a faulty foundation(pdp)and start all over again.
if we punish criminals they way they shld be, i tell u just anybody can rule nigeria.
apart from that, the only other near possible option we have here is to use a military man with sense of sanity and with enough boldness to handle this mess and one tested and trusted name that comes to my mind is BUHARI.

BuHari eh? BuHari?. B-Haram? I see.
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by pure123: 9:12am On Nov 06, 2012
OBASANJO

1 Like

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by mikkymi1(m): 9:20am On Nov 06, 2012
Victor Osuagwu all the way.
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by ifyeky(m): 9:45am On Nov 06, 2012
1025:

@topic,

I tink u r rite somehw we nid a Military man dat is tested & trusted but nt d likes of Buhari or Obj. I tink Azazi can do d job
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by pauloskyo: 9:47am On Nov 06, 2012
let's Nigeria try Rv. Fr Ejike Mbaka
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by olly4life: 10:14am On Nov 06, 2012
Since una no believe d able politicians, then go for Aki as presido while pawpaw as Vice
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by naja2: 10:24am On Nov 06, 2012
pDude:

So does Ribadu look like it is $15 million that is his problem? I know it is a colossal amount for you but does he look that hungry?

Seems you have no idea of his worth. Go and do your study on Ribadu and tell me if that small change is his problem.
Dumbest comment ever, 15m dollars! dats about 2.5b naira, Gej did not need more than that to bribe his way thru at the pdp convention, where he "won" d nomination of his party.
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Sogo10: 10:39am On Nov 06, 2012
Fashola,is d best.u can say woteva u like.he is d best.d only pple dat hate fashola are okada riders n pple who doesnt want 2 pay tax.
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by kelly72: 12:19pm On Nov 06, 2012
pDude:

Those two old, senile f00ls who are still trying to be relevant by quarter to the grave

Bruv please try again.

i thut senility is ur father's middle name? Is it not a shame that those two are at their age still the most relevant and celebrated Africans eventhough a young fool like u is alive? A billion copies of ur father can't match up to one Achebe or Soyinka. Where do u wanna start??
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by TexOviawe: 12:58pm On Nov 06, 2012
hmmmmmmmm
Limaoscar: GEJ for "Now"cool
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by TexOviawe: 1:05pm On Nov 06, 2012
Rtd General Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida should be given a chance.lol
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by emekson(m): 1:58pm On Nov 06, 2012
shadrach77: myself! but on a serious note Pastor EA Adeboye smiley smiley smiley
you are such a callous purson, you want d oldman to colapse 4 throne.
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by TexOviawe: 2:04pm On Nov 06, 2012
Smooyis: Because of his calling, we may be dreaming if we are thinking of having Prophet T B Joshua rule us. But we should give him room for him to choose a Godly Leader for Nigeria as he did for Ghana when they had Late President John Attah Mills. We can neva choose the right leader for ourselves.
Mugu reasoning !
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by banki(m): 2:32pm On Nov 06, 2012
D'Soj:
Who eva said Fashola should rule Nigeria is an enemy of the masses....
Fashola God forbid. Poor people will suffer..even average people sef.
Taaaaaa

Nigeria needs people with fresh ideas without being subjected to any individuals or political machinery. (If U know wat I mean)

Someone complained and called fashola an enemy of the massess,i asked him why he said fashola banned okada and put toll gates in lekki? I asked how many poor people leave in lekki he didnt answer, I also asked if Akpabio is an elitist for baning okada in uyo, or did armed robbers invade abuja after elrufai ban okadas, or is serake Dickson an elitist for banning okada in Yenagoa? the guy no answer me again.

Some people have no problems paying various taxes in the us or the uk but cry when asked to pay taxes in nigeria hope your not one of them bro

1 Like

Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Rescop: 2:53pm On Nov 06, 2012
miketonic: i think JESUS christ is capable of leading nigerian to a new world. imagine, a man turn water to wine, and feed thousand of people with a piece of shrimp. with is power he can turn the corrupt to good doers and the ALuu community to saint. dont forget, he can walk on water, you tell me who among the politicians can walk on water? case close
TB JOSHUA CAN GO PLS
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 06, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

Dear Honest Nigerian Citizen & Patriot (correct me if I am wrong) Leadership is lost to Politicians (GEJ is a poor Politician) in Nigeria. if you honestly believe that Goodluck Jonathan is a Leader (in any true sense of the word) with the qualities to LEAD Nigeria out of her present predicament, then you are either blissfully ignorant of the situation (I doubt you are) or you are deliberately sacrificing your conscience and reasoning for some benefit (to the dire detriment of millions of Nigerians who truly need a TRUE Leader.) if the latter, then it is indeed a sad position you have chosen to make your stand. (as with a lot of other seemingly intelligent Nairalanders)

Unfortunately, given the present political circumstances (dearth True Political Leaders) GEJ is the only option. If only we all got our act together angry

If you can spare some time to bring this rare knowledge that majority of Nigerians are unaware of, please oblige me - Score GEJ (0-10) in the following areas that may determine what good Leadership is
1: OBJECTIVITY - Fairness in judgment-calls or decision-based solutions based on carefully VERIFIED FACTS (without bias)
2: INTEGRITY - Moral Character and Honestly to make state the TRUTH and make realistic (not idealistic) promises for the common good rather than "Political CABALS"
3: GOAL-DRIVEN - Engages specific, reasonable and achievable milestones with long-term (sustainable) results not quick-fixes
4: ACCOUNTABILITY - Is accountable for his actions (or in-actions) and encourages rank-file to be accountable for their actions and does not compromise or diverge from decisions of constituted institutions on delivering JUSTICE as and when called for.
5: RESPONSIBILITY - Possess an internal locus of control and understands the effects of his actions on internal and external stakeholders. Takes blame where due and collaborates and mediates rather than create conflict, tension, and separation.

You can forget about getting a honest answer, every Nigerian who wants to become Presido cannot even begin to pass the first question talkless of 5. we are doomed to bad leaders until we begin to value our rights as Nigerians are demand them come rain come shine
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Wadeoye(m): 3:23pm On Nov 06, 2012
When we are talking about political leadership, some slowpokes will keep talking about religion, etc as if the so called religion has brougth anything good to the country. Churches are proliferating and pastors are getting richer at the same rate as criminality and corruption are growing.

Sentiment apart, we need the likes of Buhari to lead us - waiting to see the response from our Igbo irritants.
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 06, 2012
shymexx: Nigeria? - that country needs a Gaddafi-esque leader who would smack senses into the utterly dumb citizens and give them an identity... grin

Nigeria needs a dictator first, after that, we can talk about a leader.. undecided

So Babangida, Abacha and the likes were what?
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Zico0(m): 3:59pm On Nov 06, 2012
Kslib: Tb joshua.. I dont trust any of those politicians..none
As for me, na Tb joshua..
LDTMB
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by lwise(m): 4:33pm On Nov 06, 2012
RIBADU-PRESIDENT
FASHOLA-VICE PRESIDENT
Thats the peoples choice
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by johndavid1(m): 5:23pm On Nov 06, 2012
Rt Gov Rotimi Chibuike Amachi
will surely get the job done cool cool cool cool
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by doubleking(m): 5:26pm On Nov 06, 2012
the present police inspector general-abubakar
Re: Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion by Smilingbob(m): 5:34pm On Nov 06, 2012
Bin gbagbo/Vicky...and all oda garri Lords/Lordess cos 4 sure.... Price Of Garri wnt b so high.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

EFCC Traces Akwa Ibom’s N1.4b To 11 Accounts / Primaries: 272 Senators, Reps May Not Return In 2019 / Group Faults Muric’s Position On Appointments Made By Ekitigovernment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.